Reaffirmation 06

Printer-friendly version

“Madam,Circe and Mr Magi,” The woman,s voice was musical and she finally turned to Richard, “ Sir Madam and little one I am called Okami and it is my pleasure to meet you all”
To say that Circe and Merlin were shocked would be an understatement, why would Inari's handmaiden be here?..........

Reaffirmation 06

Richard was getting confused and starting to feel the need to fidget at the scrutiny the three adults were now placing them under. Without much thought the tip of the fox tail started to flick back and forth. It then seemed to have a life of its own and started to tickle the back of Richards ear, the now childlike body responded in its own way and a giggle crept up from its stomach. Okami joined in the giggle and it's nine tails waved around behind it like the tentacles of an octopus as it plopped itself on the corner of the desk.

There was still what was the reasons why Richards inner desire had come forward in the form they now inhabited. Circe couldn't help but join in the giggles from the young girl on the chair facing her even though she was trying to maintain a professional demeanour. The main problem was the tails twitching from both the child and the older kitsune, she found it amusing that the tails were starting to synchronise.

Richard looked at the three adults and was starting to get impatient and the now child wanted a better explanation for their situation. All this talk of magic and mystical beings was starting to stretch their incredulity. It wasn't helping that the more childish emotions were starting to surface. Okami could sense the frustration and she turned to the other two and tilted her head as if asking a question.

“Well me thinks there should be some better explanations given to you child” Okami started without preamble.

“Dat wud be nice” Richard replied frowning.

“ You have been told about the orphanage you have resided in for many years is a safe place also for the fae and other magic users.”

Richard nodded wondering what was to be revealed yet.

“there unfortunately is more, firstly child have you noticed something about your infirmities?”

Richard thought on that and they realised that since the transformation there had been no signs of tremors or weakness. Richard smiled as that realisation struck and glanced at their right arm and leg and could not help but giggle.

“but why a baby?” Richard asked quietly.

“Me thinks not quite an infant child, is the perchance wearing pilchers under that dress?” Okami replied with a gentle smile.

“Is not this form the one you desired, your dreams and desires in your head reached out to Inari and they saw your suffering. Also it will give the chance to grow into the gifts that will be given those you will learn over time.”

Circe started to bristle as the thrice damned kitsune took over the interview. Foxes to her were tricky creatures and had their own reasons for what they do. The major confusion was what the God Inari wanted with the child. There was also now the mention of gifts, Herself and Merlin had not planned on adding Richard to the ranks of magic users to protect them.

Okami continued to explain in a gentle manner to Richard, further to being granted magic and the body of a young girl and free of disability. Richard was now a young kitsune and had also been granted the ability to represent Inari in dealings with the fae and magic users and humans. This was important and the age also allowed Richard to learn the skills and knowledge for what they were appointed to do.

“I not ask fer dis” Richard whined causing Okami to laugh openly.

“Sorry me thinks that laughter was not the best response child, What is given sometimes is not asked for but at times is what is needed.”

The explanation continued from the kitsune, the magic users would of removed the disabilities but as for Richard staying male. The depression and other thoughts that had plagued the young man would of increased with the extended time. A body could be healed and youth re-granted but the changing of a soul was impossible. There was also the fact of Richards history and why they were needed.

Richards mother had been blessed by Inari as she was from Japan. The father had been an Englishman and she had come to England to find them. A year after Richard was born after searching fruitlessly she had taken her own life. The shame of having a child outside of marriage to a foreigner consumed her. That had brought Richard to the attention of the kitsune and the deities but it had taken time to track the youth down.

The full explanation even took Circe by surprise and Merlin had lost the playful demeanour. This fact had not come to light when they scried Richards future. It explained why Inari had got involved and they worried what it would mean for their plans for the youth as they still needed Richard. Richard saw the way Circe was looking at them from the other side of the desk and realised that the explanation from Okami was fuller than Circe and Mr Magi had given them.

“now child you have two choices to make” Okami hopped down from the desk and knelt in front of Richard.

“It will be hard if thou is a girl named Richard me thinks”, Okami said with a smile, “ ye must choose a more apt name and also whether ye accept Inari's choice or that of the mages.”

…................

up
65 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh wow...

...it looks like Richard's life is getting more and more complicated. I hope things don't get too overwhelming for the young kitsune.

Two choices?

Jamie Lee's picture

Richard becoming a girl, a young girl, was forced on him because he was needed to be a pawn. But for whom?

Because he didn't want his current gender or age, what makes those three think he'll do as they want? What makes them think he has only two choices? They can't see the possible third choice, telling them to go to hell and walking out. Of course at his current age he wouldn't have any place to go that would allow him to live his own life, so he'd need someone besides those three to take her in.

Others have feelings too.