Everybody Needs a Little Drama

Printer-friendly version

Everybody Needs a Little Drama
by Sabrina G. Langton

***

Authors note: So... I have been writing fiction for over a year now (started April 2021) on other sites of course, phew, and this one was originally just for me, something to read through at night with a half a bottle of Merlot, but things change... It started out as a short little story about a crossdresser with low self-esteem and turned into so much more. Four people who always pay it forward, four people we can all use in our own lives. I hope YOU like it.' And thank you for a wonderful year... or more...

***

"Wait 'til you see what I got for you."

My girlfriend and I were just about to go out to Claire's, a busy bar where we met four months ago, and the two of us liked to frequent. We were both completely dressed up for a night out and I know she couldn't wait to show off her outfit. Personally, I liked to hide at the end of the bar and people watch. Most of my interaction happened going to and from the ladies room.

She got down on her knee in her leather pants, I heard the fabric creak as she bent down. I had a feeling I knew what she was up to, but I still wasn't ready for it.

"Wendy," she said as she took my hand.

My hand looked amazing, I had long purple fingernails, my favorite color, and I had a small Jowissa Swiss watch. It wasn't expensive but it had a purple face and matching thin band, I loved it.

"Wendy, will you marry me?"

***
Thursday

Claire's was a great place to hang out on a Thursday night, Thursdays is ladies night. Our first drink was free and all the others were half price, but sometimes men or the bartender would buy us drinks the rest of the night. We were on a budget so it was perfect.

Amber was an amateur drag queen, she was tall and beautiful. Her hair was always long and white. She must have had twelve different wigs in that color. We were roommates for the last two years. Most of the closet space was taken up by her over-the-top outfits, and she gave me the little back bedroom when we moved in together.

I was a crossdresser, I had been one for years and when Amber and I met we knew we would be perfect roommates. We were complete opposites but our personalities totally complemented each other. We were both twenty-eight years old and she was an Oscar and I was a Felix.

Before that, I was sharing a space with a guy I was working with, which meant no dressing up unless he went away, which wasn't often enough. Amber lived with her sister who couldn't wait until she moved out so she could get on with her own life and not have to listen to Amber's drama. I liked the drama, I never caused any, but I liked to watch it unfold. I loved having a crazy and confidant roommate, it made my life so much more interesting and fun.

When we went to Claire's we were always dressed as women, well that's how I dressed, Amber on the other hand was way more flamboyant. Way more. She liked big hair, big boobs, big earrings, big everything. I loved watching her dress up, I have learned so much from her. I would sit in her big puffy chair completely ready to go out in a nice dress and heels, with my pocketbook on my lap, and I would watch her finish her look. She would talk the whole time even if I wasn't there. She was always giving a running tutorial, there was always an imaginary camera following her around.

With her help, my figure and body have become almost perfect. Well perfect and curvy for a CD like me anyway. We went to the YMCA four times a week and we did nothing but work on our legs, glutes, and butts. She also made me get rid of my body hair just like she did, all of it. It was expensive and it took months, but when it was done I was so happy. She was right. I now had the perfect feminine smooth body I always wanted, even though my hair was blonde and light, to begin with, my outfits have never looked better. She also helped with my makeup. Just because hers was 'out of control' didn't mean everyones' should be, she was a great teacher. Before we went to Claire's she would professionally give me the once over, usually correcting a slight flaw or making me change a bag or heels to match better. Amber was my fashion consultant, psychotherapist, search engine, biggest supporter, and my best friend.

***

"How do I look?" I asked Amber as she was just getting ready to put on her huge white eyelashes.

She got up and gave me the once, twice, thrice over, and then she stopped and studied me head-on. She always made me nervously laugh, she was so thorough.

"Well, I love the color of course." She said. I was wearing a new dress I ordered from Amazon, and I was a little tense. It was very feminine and girly. At home that was my go-to style, but when we went to Claire's I dressed a little more sophisticated. I was going through some sort of phase lately.

She then touched the fabric. Her face scrunching up as she fondled my boob. "Feels nice. It is way too short you know, I can see all of your thighs. The neckline is nice, the square collar could be flattering for some women. Mmm, the sleeves, short, interesting choice. But that color is perfect, what's it called?"

'Um... Light purple?"

"The white girlie bag and clear strap, kinda sexy." She then stood back even further.

"Should I change?" I asked getting nervous.

She then walked over to me fixing my hair, making it drape in front instead of back. "There." She now became a little more excited. "You look perfect. Those legs are killer... and those simple white pumps, oh my god you are so cute, we gotta hit the chapel. Okay, go put on some perfume and relax, I'm almost ready."

I laughed to myself. I could never tell where she was going with anything until it was done. If she didn't like my look she would make me change. And she wouldn't let me forget it the whole night.

***

When Amber was ready we walked down the two flights and got into an UBER. We had the same driver every Thursday. Dan was quiet, he just smiled and took us to the bar. He was the best. He would pick us up too if we asked nicely.

Dan dropped us off on the corner, Amber wanted to head into the Actor's Chapel. The first time she told me we were going there I thought she was just making fun of my church-going outfit, but she figured as long as one of us was dressed for the church we should stop in. She was never dressed for church.

We always knelt in the first pew in the empty chapel. She would close her eyes and say a little prayer. "Let's pray for all the girls that never made it out of Cottonwood Falls, Kansas." And we did.

***

Claire's was busy tonight, ladies night always drew a crowd. This place seemed to be everybody's starting point, before heading somewhere hotter, louder, and more trendy. We stayed here the whole time. There were so many men tonight and I could tell they were loving my outfit. I always turned the heads of the straight men while Amber had the attention of all the gay ones. That's the way we liked it.

We walked through the entire place first so Amber could make her rounds and show off her red and black evening gown. She was always hoping to be discovered, Like Lana Turner, yeah, I didn't know either. She wore seven-inch heels and black stockings. The stockings matched her lips and nails. "Hey people!" She would yell across the bar, toward the restaurants' tables. Once everyone knew she was here we could sit down and have a drink. I could show off my light pink fingernails, and try to look sexy in the shadows.

"Hi, girls what will it be?" Ray the bartender asked us. We were his favorite.

"Vodka and grapefruit." That was Ambers drink. Me? I had whatever Ray made. Most of the time I would tell him to give me whatever the last girl he served had. I was never disappointed unless I got a Coors Lite.

Amber gave my arm a nudge. "Those three women over there keep looking at us."

"Maybe they like my earrings."

"Let me see them." She pulled my hair back, they were big golden hoops, that's what I always wore. "No, only guys like hoops."

That's why I liked them.

Amber begrudgingly waved to them when they sent drinks over to us, and the three women made their way to our side of the bar.

"A Rusty Nail? That's what I'm drinking." One of the girls told me. Obviously, she was Ray's prior pour before me.

Usually, it was the guys that would come talk to us and ply us with alcohol. They thought I was 100% female most of the time, and I never corrected them. They all thought Amber was hilarious, she would end up with a crowd around her later in the night anyway.

"Hi, I love that dress." The prettiest one told me.

"Oh, thank you." I stood up and let her see the whole outfit. Under my dress, I had on a corset, nude pantyhose, and my size D breast forms. I was stacked and I loved showing off my cleavage to the bar staff. My heels were white six-inch pumps and I stood just over six feet tall in them. My long strawberry blond hair cascaded over my shoulder, a mix of extensions and my own. I did look like a girl who just stepped out of the church, my white pocketbook sealed it.

It turns out the three women, Linda, Nicole and Taylor worked next door to Claire's in the huge office building it butted against. They were all lawyers and they had very expensive tastes. One of Nicole's rings could pay for me and Amber's entire outfits... and our rent for two years.

Taylor who had the 'Rusty Nail' told us it was their first night here. And they ended up staying in our corner of the bar the whole time, even when we were bombarded with men trying to talk to us. I did reconnect with a man named Franklyn, and Amber went on tour so I could snuggle up next to him. It didn't take long before he pulled me close and started nibbling my neck. I introduced him to the lawyers and for some reason, I got more interesting to him. I didn't mind his roaming hands on my legs and back, but making out at the bar, was so high school. I said goodnight to the ladies and we went to a dark part of the restaurant I knew about.

I heard someone call me. "Wendy, take my card. Call when you are coming here again, it was fun." Taylor said and then went back to the other lawyers.

"I guess I made a friend," I told Franklyn as he grabbed me around the waist and kissed me. We were humping away in the dark for about ten minutes, his cock pushing against my tight corset. I had my arms around his strong neck, holding on for support, he was shaking me like crazy. When Amber tapped me on the shoulder, I didn't want to let go of the tall handsome man that had attached himself to my body.

"We have a problem," She announced.

"We do? Can we deal with it later, I'm busy?" I continued kissing Franklyn, I could tell he was getting ready to cum, I wanted to make him happy.

"Those three lawyers... stole your bag."

Without taking my lips off of my man I held out my arm, my girlie white bag hanging from my skinny wrist.

"Um, well they took over our spot. Look."

"Ahh, that's it," Franklyn said as his cock started to spurt cum. I felt the movement in his pants as he pushed against me. I kissed him some more and ground my 'pussy' into him. I loved making a man cum and groan, it made me feel so sexy. I gave his cock a last little squeeze, I wanted to remember him when I went to bed tonight.

I kissed Franklyn one more time, as he started rubbing my boobs. I had to chase him away so I could deal with Amber.

"Thanks, Wendy, I'll see you again." He said as I shooed him away, showing off my nails.

***

Later that night we were in the back of Dan's Toyota. Amber was on fire. "I don't like that they took our corner. They had Ray all night making crazy drinks for them too, he's OUR bartender."

I was just surprised we made a couple of female friends. And the Rusty Nail, it was okay. I'll have it again if someone before me orders it.

"They are gonna ruin the mystique I have carefully built up, women ruin everything." Amber huffed, I was surprised she was so angry about nothing. "And that tall one, the lesbian, she was all over you."

"Taylor? Was she? Are you sure, it seemed pretty quiet until Franklyn came by. Wait how do you know she was a lesbian?"

"What do you think? You know I have a great gaydar. Plus she told me."

***

I didn't call Taylor the next Tuesday or the one's after that when we went to Claire's, but the three lawyers always showed up right after we entered the bar anyway. We got there earlier, just in case they took our spot, and Amber ditched protocol and plopped herself in her corner. Ray smiling at her.

"How is anyone going to know you are here?" He asked her.

"Believe me, everyone knows I'm here darling." And I'm sure they did. She was extra loud tonight, both her volume and her lime green and red-flowered dress. She gave the three women her best 'get away from me' look when they sat next to us.

"Grapefruit and vodka?" Ray asked her.

"Of course."

"And for the girl in yellow." He asked me and I smiled.

"Whatever the last beautiful woman ordered from you is fine Raymond."

"You won't want that I just had a bachelorette party come by, they ordered thirteen cheap whisky shots." He shrugged.

"Hmm, I don't care, make me something that matches my dress."

Back at the house, I asked Amber how I looked. I think I was inspired by sitting with the cis women at the bar. I figured I could blend in better. Being with Amber, was always a little bit of a challenge to pass. In my imagination, I was always husband-hunting.

"Mmm," She hummed. "Is there a company picnic I don't know about?" She walked around me. "Why are your boobs so small?" She gave me a squeeze.

"Oww, I'm just wearing a push-up bra and some filets. It looked better with this dress. Don't you like my cleavage?"

"No it's fine, and your waist looks so thin, are you wearing a corset?"

"No, just a waist cincher. Franklyn noticed my corset last Thursday, I figured this would feel a little more natural if I ran into him again." I told her while spinning around, feeling my dress take flight showing off my nude nylon legs.

"Mmm," Amber was being suspiciously quieter than usual. "I like that skater dress but it's short, Tonya, I saw the tops of your stockings, and that yellow is so bright, what's it called?"

"Bright yellow."

"You look like somebody's sister, at least put on higher sandals, six inches or more." So I did.

***

It was another wonderful night at Claire's. Ray made me a 'Yellowbird Cocktail' with notes of vanilla and licorice, it was sublime. The owner herself even came over and complimented me on my dress and nails. Yellow turned out to be her favorite color. She and the husband even bought all of us a round of drinks. I had my suspicions that she was friends with the three lawyers but Amber was convinced she came over to talk to her.

"Maybe we could start sitting at one of the tables, now that Claire is our friend now," Amber said pointing to the big center round one. Everyone who walked into Claire's had to pass it, and it was always filled with gorgeous people. Amber called them the A-List, Claire herself sat at it.

I just smiled. I was happy right here showing off my yellow drink and nails to Ray and the women.

I was having fun with my pink lips sucking on my little straw and I loved playing around with my long hair listening to the three lawyers talk. They were all so serious, Amber made faces at me all night. Nicole was still working while she had her 'White Russian,' she was writing in a little notebook. She had such feminine penmanship. One of my little quirks was copying a woman's handwriting. I carried a little notepad in my bag just for these occasions, so I could practice at the bar, trying to match the swirls and flow of their letters. The prettier the woman, the more I tried to match it, even if it was just a little couple of numbers on a check or even sudoku. Amber thought it was good practice and she approved. I have been doing this since high school. After a couple of minutes, I had Nicole's swirl down perfectly.

Franklyn's friend then stopped by, he told us Franklyn wasn't going to be showing up tonight but he was free.

"Okay," I said.

"What? Okay with him." Amber was pointing at Franklyn's friend. He had a big smile on his face and I could see a big boner in his pants.

"Yeah, this yellow is putting me in such a mood. Come on big boy let's find someplace quieter." And I gave Amber a squinty smile as I held onto the man's cloth from his sports jacket and led him away.

Sometimes I just want a man, I just need to feel feminine. I brought him in the back past the ladies' room. Claire's was filled with romantic little nooks, and I knew about all of them. I wasn't in the mood to kiss someone I didn't know so I leaned my hands against the wall and pulled up my yellow dress. "Go to town," I told the man behind me. I heard him undo his belt and then I felt his cock make contact with my panties. He rubbed himself on me and his hands made their way to my breasts.

"Wow," He told me. "Franklyn was right about your boobs, they feel great." That made me smile, even though men were so easy.

He pushed into my panty covered ass as I pushed back. It wasn't long until he started grunting and I felt him shoot cum onto me. I don't know why but I got excited myself. I was tucked in my panties but I started to have an orgasm. I didn't even give myself a little tug, nothing. That was a nice surprise. I backed into him as I came and listened to him finishing up. When he was done he wiped his sperm from my ass and legs with tissues, I didn't even ask him to. I think he just wanted to make sure I would let him do this again. I fixed my dress and straightened myself up and then kissed him on the cheek.

He said, "Thank you, can I kiss you just once?" He smiled at me.

I shrugged. "Okay." And I let him kiss my lips, we made out for a couple of seconds until I realized some other couple was waiting for the spot. I chuckled and the two of us split up.

***

When I got back to Ray I noticed that Amber and two of the lawyers hooked up with men for the evening. Amber was sitting on the man's lap on her corner stool. The two lawyers said goodbye with their dates and I was getting prepared to be left alone with Taylor. She was my least favorite of the three, by far.

"Don't get too friendly with the enemy," Amber told me then she left with the huge Italian man who told me he had a yellow raincoat I could borrow if I wanted. He just shrugged when I said no thank you.

Claire's wasn't fun without Amber so I said goodnight to Ray and we decided to go get coffee, I had too much alcohol running through my system already, and I could tell Taylor wasn't ready to go home yet.

The coffee shop was nice and quiet for a Thursday night. "How long have you been going to Claire's?" She asked me while she held my thin necklace. "This is beautiful by the way."

"Thank you," I said. I was never comfortable hanging out with someone without Amber, especially a woman. Especially with one whose hands were awfully close to my breasts. I liked the attention of men when I dressed up, even though Taylor was looking at my chest and studying my hair almost like the guys do. I told her we had been going to Claire's for almost two years after Amber and I moved in together.

"You two are roommates? Is there a thing?" Then her phone rang. I listened.

"I'm sorry, that was my brother, my parents just left. Thank God."

I smiled, mainly because she forgot about her last question. A thing. Do I look like the type of woman who dated a drag queen? I was toning down my look slightly to coincide with the three lawyers. They had horrible dress sense, especially Taylor, but at least they dressed like women. I on the other hand was stunning, Amber told me so.

"I feel bad I made Mikey deal with them on his own this time," She told me.

Me, I hardly ever saw my parents. They lived in New York and when they visited I dressed as a boy. Work was the only other time I couldn't wear a dress. Both Amber and I had jobs as our male selves, Monday through Thursday. As soon as I got home I changed back into a girl, nights and weekends were what I lived for. Amber only got dressed up for our ventures to Claire's and on Saturdays or Sundays when she would try her different looks and routines out on me. I got all dressed up, usually in a gown or a prom dress, and sat on her chair and watched her perform. I always clapped politely. She was so entertaining, and I loved when she would put on a show for me.

She would announce "Ladies and Ladies, Amber Rambling." That was her stage name, she said it was perfect. Yeah, I didn't get it either.

We had one rule in the apartment. We only ever addressed ourselves with our female names. That was the number ONE rule, even if it led to an uncomfortable situation, like in the Deli around the corner, or when a plumber would visit the apartment. Our bell in the lobby only had our fem names too, I told my parents it was the previous renters.

Taylor continued. "All they talk about is us getting married. My brother and me. I wish they would give it a rest."

I just smiled and imagined myself in a white wedding gown with a long train, getting married in the Actor's Chapel, Amber and I frequent. A big smile on my groom's face knowing that he was going to get to make love to me that night.

Taylor tapped my hand, easing me out of my fantasy. "Can't they get over it already, talk about something else, sheesh parents. Now I have to go to a party on Saturday with them. Dammit."

"Take me and Amber with you. Your parents would love her."

"Ooof, my mother is very old-fashioned, I'm going to have to see if one of the guys from the firm would go with me, I dread asking them. They hide when they see me coming. I wish I could just take, um, Regina."

"Regina?" I asked.

"My on-again-off-again girlfriend. I wish you could meet her but she would never go to Claire's, too many gay men and umm drag queens. She hates men. She would love you though, you dress exactly the way Regina wants ME to dress, but it is never going to happen. I have terrible knees. But YOU in THAT yellow she would like it." Taylor wore pants or leggings, and she always had a blazer on. She looked like a lawyer, so did the other two, even the pretty one.

The lawyer continued. "I went to a christening last month and I took Troy from work, my mother was so mad 'cause he was black. The time before I took my assistant and she thought he was too young for me, ha, can you imagine, he cost me three hundred bucks. Now I'm running out of people from work." She shook her head, I felt bad for her, it wasn't easy being who you are to some people. It was the same for me and Amber.

She offered to drive me home so I gave Dan the night off. It's funny but he questioned me when I called him, like I was cheating on him with another driver. He was the best.

Taylor complained about her parents, especially her mother, the whole ride to the apartment.

"You know," I told her, "If you just need someone to hang out with, I could come with you."

"Yeah, my mother would totally love that if I took you, you are so much prettier than my brother's girlfriend. She would be mad at him then too. She would ask him why he can't find a girl better looking than his sister did."

I started to realize she didn't know I was a crossdresser. Now, I was flattered, I didn't want to tell her, but I wanted to do something nice for her. "Um, underneath this yellow dress, I'm a, um, a male." I felt stupid saying it, I never brought it up. I was always all-girl, 100% female when I was dressed up, even when I wasn't dressed.

I was the opposite of Amber, she was always male, even when she dolled up, in her head, she was a guy in a dress, with a girl's name.

Taylor pulled over. She didn't believe me, but I wasn't about to untuck myself to prove it. We ended up talking for almost an hour on a deserted LA street. She kept laughing that she was the only lesbian in her office and she has two new friends, a drag queen, and a crossdresser. I wasn't liking her any better.

"Momma would be so proud of me." She chuckled. "Would you really come with me?"

"Why not," I told her, sighing, I would need a suit, I had only a few boy clothes. Taylor said I could borrow one from her brother but he was so much bigger than me, that would never work. I was going to ask Ray from Claire's, he had to get dressed up to bartend at parties and he was about my height. I'm sure he could come up with something by Saturday.

***

Fridays we visited Kindred Hospital in Los Angeles. Dan picked us up at noon. It was our thing, we always went at lunchtime. They made a great lasagne.

We were Candy Stripers, sexy Candy Stripers. For the last couple of years, Amber had put a little group together to visit children in the hospital. All the girls were drag queens and then there was me, five of us altogether. I pushed the cart full of candy, fruit, and drinks, while the other girls flitted around. The children and the older people loved them.

I was the only one out of the five who wore the correct outfit. It was of course a red and white striped dress with a little apron and cap sleeves. My dress was shorter than the others, reaching to the middle of my thighs and I always wore nude pantyhose. On my feet, three-inch open-toe heels. I usually painted my nails red to match, even if we were going to go out that night and needed a different color.

Amber's outfit was usually a little out of the ordinary. If it wasn't feathers, then it was birds, plastic ones of course. Or she would wear a holiday outfit, something that she made special. She was very talented. All the other queens just followed her lead. The children would get so excited when she came in. Amber remembered everyone's name and when she left they all got a kiss, some fruit, and a snack.

We usually bothered the local business and got them to donate things for the hospital. When Amber walked into a store in the area they gave her whatever she wanted, they loved her too.

Me? I couldn't get too attached to anyone. Sometimes I would tear up just seeing how happy the kids and old folks were to see us. I could be found sitting on one of the children's beds rubbing backs and legs, or holding hands. I was also the one the Doctors and Nurses thanked. I'm sure it's because I was the only one that looked accessible.

Sometimes I sneaked into an empty storage room with one of the Doctors or technicians, Amber never missed me I was very quick. She thought I was visiting my GP for a refill.

We would spend the entire afternoon there and then eat a late lunch, causing another ruckus in the cafeteria. Before we left we would get Dan to come up to the rooms and he would play his guitar. He seemed to know every song and the kids would sing for us. I would tear up again, sitting on a bed with the smallest child and a tissue. Amber would tell the kids they were doing it all wrong and she would make up her own horrible lyrics. They would all laugh and she would threaten to leave, but they would never let her.

"Okay," She would tell them. "I'ma outta here."

"No please Amber just one more," They would beg. We would all laugh and play another song.

We said goodbye to the other queens and then we went to the hospital's chapel with Dan, I was almost dressed for it. If there was a service going on, we would just say a quick prayer, and then Dan drove us home. Amber told me my outfit wasn't that appropriate for the church today anyway.

***

That night I was wearing a short pink cotton dress. It was long-sleeved and I had on matching pink pumps. I had on big round sunglasses and I was carrying a YSL white clutch bag. My long nails matched my bag perfectly.

I walked in on Amber and her new boyfriend. He was kissing her neck while she was on her phone, they were both naked. Two naked men on her flowered sheets.

"Can you come with me to Claire's, we can stop off at the Chapel if you'd like." I smiled.

"Wow, you look gorgeous." Amber was so much more complimentary when she wasn't wearing a wig. "Why are we going on a Friday, that's usually the theater night."

I didn't tell her yet about Taylor and the party tomorrow. She wouldn't like it, she didn't care much for the lawyers, but it would be easier to tell her if she was with a guy. She wouldn't get as disappointed in me. So I explained the situation.

"This is a bad idea, she could take Rolf here instead."

"Ralph." He noted.

"No I told her I would go, I just have to get a suit from Ray. It should be fine."

"It won't be fine," She looked up at me, "You are a girl and this is beyond crazy. You should of never let those lawyers manipulate you like this." It took a while to convince her that I was just doing someone a favor. She was our new friend after all.

On the way, the three of us did stop off at the chapel. Amber said my dress was so perfect for church, again. We showed Ralph how to kneel, and we sent our prayers to all the girls that never got out of Cottonwood Falls, Kansas.

Claire's was crowded by the time we got there, but my look got generally good reviews from the theatergoers. And best of all, I met a man.

***

I realized this was the first time Amber showed up at Claire's as a guy. I didn't like it, something was off. This would have never happened before the lawyers showed up.

I had Amber take home the suit. Rolf or Ralph and Amber left me at Claire's with Hunter. He was a friend of Ray's and he said he always wanted to meet me. He was in the process of moving here from Arizona and Ray had been telling him about me for months. He had even shown him the pictures of me and Amber from the website. The two of us made Claire's social media accounts regularly, mainly because Ray took most of the pictures.

I was glad I was in such a conservative outfit though because Hunter wanted to leave and take me out to a restaurant he knew. Normally I would never leave the doors of Claire's with a man until we met at least three times, but since he was Ray's friend I figured it would be fine. It was.

It was nice being out with a man somewhere other than a bar. I felt like a regular woman. He held my hand when we talked, and kept on glancing down at my covered breasts.

He whispered to me. "I asked Ray who you were, I saw you on Instagram. Of course, he wouldn't tell me anything, he said you were too good for me. I had to beg. He wanted to introduce me to some lawyer, ahh, named Nicole? I think."

"Oh I know her, she's very nice. Not as nice as me."

He grabbed my hand again. "Obviously." And he smiled.

I'm sure Ray told him about me, I didn't want to explain myself two days in a row. Hunter was going to be the most perfect distraction for me, he was definitely different than the usual suspects I met at Claire's. First of all, he was older, at least six or seven years older. And he was so handsome, even in daylight. Sometimes I was quite surprised seeing the men Amber and I dated from the bar. Once out in the light of day, we tended to leave them to it. A quick call to Dan and we were off. Hunter was different, he wasn't LA at all, and I was liking it.

He was staying at a hotel and he drove me home with his rental car. He walked me to the front door just as Amber and Ralph were saying goodnight. Amber never had men stay over. Me? I was a romantic. If a man wanted to sleep with me I let him, unfortunately, most of the time we only slept. I wouldn't have sex with a man until I knew him thoroughly and semi-intimately. Amber would say it was because I was terrible in bed and they would sneak out sometime in the middle of the night to avoid that awkwardness in the morning. She imagined I'd be fixing my lipstick or straightening the seams on my stockings when they were aiming their cock at me. It's just I wanted to look perfect for them, and me and my mirror, and as long as their aim was good there were never any mishaps. Ha.

Once we were alone on the steps he leaned into me for a kiss. I tilted my head and let him inside me. I loved being kissed by a man, especially one that seemed to be enjoying my presence. I slipped my arms around his neck, he was so tall and solid. I was hoping someone was watching us as we made out in front of the apartment building. After a couple of minutes, we said goodnight.

"Can I see you tomorrow?" He asked me innocently.

Oh no... I thought. "I can't I have something to do, I'm sorry."

"That's okay beautiful, I'll call." And he did, in an hour to say goodnight again.

***

The party on Saturday with Taylor went fine, though all I did was wish I was in one of the dresses the other women at the party were wearing. Her parents seem nice, I liked them. They were so formal and well dressed, both of them. Taylor didn't sit with them she mingled, but I did, they were interesting and they seemed very fond of their children, and me. They did talk about grandchildren a lot, mainly because everyone had kids with them but us. I told them I would love to have kids one day when they asked. The mother grabbed my hand and nodded her head.

Taylor finally sat next to me when her parents got up to get something to eat. She told me she was watching me and that she didn't find me attractive when I was a woman, I was way too girly for her and she hated a woman in heels, but it was a different story as a man. "As a guy, you are just slightly feminine, I kinda like that. I ain't tellin' Regina though, she would cut off your, um, oh never mind."

I didn't like that she said that, this was a favor I was doing for her, a big favor. She was making me uncomfortable, and I didn't understand why she was so nasty to her mother, she seemed perfectly fine to me. Little did I realize at the time, but it would suddenly start feeling like a job.

During the next two months, Taylor had me go to different work functions and family get-togethers. She was so busy, I felt like an escort. She ended up buying me so many clothes and shoes to wear and she would pick them out and drop them off at the apartment. I got rid of all my boy clothes, and now Taylor was replacing them all over again. It was getting so hard being a woman on Thursday and Friday and switching back to a boy for the weekend. It was no fun at all.

Of course Amber said. "Told you so."

We even went for dinner at her parents' house. I could feel they were getting a little too attached to me, I don't think Taylor ever brought home the same person twice. When they asked about my life I hid most of it and I told them about Amber instead, I could tell Taylor didn't like discussing my best friend so she changed the subject.

All I could think about was, I couldn't wait to get home and put on my violet nightgown and watch TV.

***

I was standing in front of Amber, it was another Thursday night but she was in some sort of weird transitional outfit. She was quite scary-looking. Me on the other hand I was sexier than usual. I had on a pale blue dress. It was short and tight. It had a long V-neck front, leading to the bottom of my boobs. I had on my D cup forms with a thick necklace and another longer one around my neck to cover the seam. The side seam hid perfectly in the dress and there was a deep cutout in the back to show even more skin. I had a waist cincher on underneath with tan pantyhose and a pair of tiny little beige panties. They were filled with lace and very sexy. I came just by looking at my feminine crotch, hidden in my panties, in the mirror. Hunter was going to be very excited.

Amber walked over to me, she was so much shorter than me without heels, I was wearing ones that were beige with six-inch heels and two ankle straps. "Mmm, dress is a little slutty, glad there are no panty lines though, that was a good call." She smacked my butt then squeezed my boobs. "Breasts look great, make him cum on them and not the dress, is it dry clean only?"

"Um yes?" I didn't know, these questions were getting too complicated.

"Hair very nice, sweetheart." My hair was long, down to the middle of my back. I got extensions this afternoon and I had my nails done, they were longer than ever. They matched my toenails and heels. This was a special weekend, I was off until Wednesday, I would be able to spend time as a woman for the next five days. Even my commitments to Taylor were done until next weekend.

"What color is this?"

"Um, cerulean?"

She gave me a quizzical look.

"No, pale blue."

Ah," She shook her head. "I love the cross earrings, but get a different bag, put on a watch and some bangles, and for Chrissake put on a brighter lipstick. Amateur. Definitely no chapel tonight you look like a slut."

"Thank you. That was the look I was going for." I was all excited for other reasons, I was finally going to have Hunter meet everyone at Claire's.

***

We were once again in the back of Dan's Toyota. I have never felt sexier in my life. I always felt extra feminine after time in a salon. Not only were my nails long and blue, but I had the girls give me false lashes, bigger than usual. I felt like a celebrity at the A-List table. Even my eyebrows were done.

I looked at Amber. "Why are you dressed so, um, weird tonight?"

"Well if you must know, nosy, one of your lawyer friends called me, she said I could put on a little show for the A-List. She's friends with someone."

"Who?" I wondered.

"The one with the great hair, what's her name, Nicole." She told me.

"No, I mean the someone."

***

We once again made the rounds at Claire's, it was busier than usual but our spots in the back were being saved by Ray.

"Wow look at you two." He said as we slipped into our stools. I crossed my legs and flicked my hair, I was excited I would be seeing Hunter soon.

"Vodka and Grapefruit, and for you Wendy? Wait what color is that dress?."

"Cerulean." I was glad I was getting to use my practiced word.

Ray shook his head and came back with a bright blue drink, a perfect match to my nails and my dress. "What's is this?" I asked.

"Sex in the Driveway, it's called."

"Mmm, I like the sound of that."

***

I felt Hunter walk through the door even though I didn't see him, I was having all sorts of psychic connections with him lately. I then saw him through the crowd as he made his way over to us. My heart started beating fast, I was falling in love with him, this had never happened to me before. Well, with a man.

"Hi everyone," He announced as he got close. He then walked over to me as I stood up and threw my arms around him. He was a mountain of a man and he was all mine. He must be 6'5", with shoulders like a linebacker, I clung on for dear life as he kissed me and lifted me off of my heels. "Hi, you."

"Hi," I whispered into his lips. I saw Franklyn out of the corner of my eye. It was him and his friend and they sat a couple of stools away. I went over and hugged them hello.

Nicole and Linda showed up next. Nicole was very excited, one of her clients was making an appearance in the bar tonight. Amber was getting prepared and doing her vocal exercises and stretches. I just watched, everything she did was entertaining. "Mee mee mee moo meee.."

Once we were all settled Claire came over and asked Amber to come over to talk to her table.

She told us "Some people are here to see you, and you look fabulous, come on." She took her to the A-List table while the rest of us nobodies, including Nicole, watched.

Linda sighed, "Another year and we will be able to sit there, we can only dream." We all laughed as we watched Amber go through some of her routines. She then turned to me. "When did you and Amber meet?"

I was thinking that's a long story, and I know Ray has heard it before so I would only tell the highlights. I took a sip of my drink, moved Hunter closer to me, and cleared my throat. Here goes nothing.

***

"It was about two and a half years ago, I was with my wife," I stopped, this always brought up quizzical faces. "I was once married for fourteen months a long time ago. Ex-wife of course now." I glanced at Hunter to make sure he was okay with my confession, he was. "We saw a brightly dressed street performer across from my office. I used to work at an Architectural firm, I was an Interior and Spatial Designer, that's the only time I had money." I giggled.

I told them that we watched this crazy performer for about half an hour. I was mesmerized. Most of the onlookers left but we were still there when she was done.

She walked up to us and pointed at my backpack. "What color is that?" She asked me. I had this ragged-looking backpack since my freshman year of college. My mother bought it for me because I always lost my others, she figured I wouldn't be able to lose something so bright.

"Purple," I told her.

She looked at me and then the wife, she folded her arms and announced. "Get rid of everything, except that purple monstrosity. Everything." She then tapped my chest and messed up my hair. "Everything, but keep the bag." I smiled as she turned around and left. I still have that bag of course.

I was so taken with her. She was so confident and she was stunning, I think I knew she was a drag queen from the beginning, maybe not. I would look out my window at work to see if she was performing on the corner, if she was I would run down and watch her, sometimes bringing her something to eat, she was so skinny. We then became friends.

I would take her to restaurants and the deli's in the area, she was always dressed up, then I invited her to the house. It was the first time I met male, Amber. She was different as a guy, not as loud, or as funny, but I still liked her. The wife, not so much. I started to invite her over at least once a week, I would cook cause the wife was getting a little annoyed at me.

One night it was me and Amber in the kitchen she was wearing a long red dress, we were watching YouTube videos of some beautiful crossdressers she admired and drinking some crazy concoction I came up with. I decided to tell her about me. She looked at me and grabbed my chin and said. "I know. I could tell, why do you think I'm making you watch these videos?"

Weeks later she convinced me to tell my wife. I then walked into work that Monday and they laid me off, the wife decided to tell them also. They gave me three months' pay and they paid my health insurance for a year. I didn't really understand the big deal but apparently, the wife made a fuss about my crossdressing and they didn't need all her drama.

"And that was it, Amber and I moved in together a couple of months later. The ex got the great condo near the beach and the car. I got all my clothes, my monthly college debt and I was happier than I had ever been in my entire life." I smiled at them while gripping Hunter's thigh below the bar.

Linda said, "We could sue, that's discrimination. Get me their info." I just smiled I didn't care anymore. Actually sitting here with everyone I knew it was the right decision. I was having such a lovely time, I then realized Taylor wasn't here. It was even nicer.

"So that's it, I definitely need another drink." I stood up and pointed to a blonde woman in a tiny dress. "Ray? What is that beautiful woman over there having?"

He laughed, "She ordered a Pabst Blue Ribbon and a straw."

"Oh, she is too hot to have bad taste in alcohol," I pondered. "I'll have what Nicole is having."

"Oh my God, thank you dear, I mean dude." She laughed. "That's just a film reference, dear."

I sat back and drank my first White Russian.

***

Amber ended up staying at that table most of the night, I watched, I was happy for her. She was a wonderful entertainer almost as good as Lana Turner. I told the girls and Hunter how she would go to the hospital every Friday and entertain the patients. I laughed and told them that was where we met our UBER driver. The two of us had a habit of meeting people and have them intermingle in our lives. Like Ray and Dan and of course the Candy Stripers.

"She also sent money every month to another hospital in her hometown," I told them, bragging about my friend.

Hunter held me a little tighter. "Where is that?"

"Cottonwood Falls, Kansas" I chuckled, "Population eight hundred and fifty-eight."

***

"Will you stay with me at my hotel tonight? I don't want to let go of you." Hunter said.

"Okay," And I kissed him slowly, running my hands through his hair. "I just have to make one call."

"Another boyfriend?"

"Something like that, my driver. He picks Amber and me up every Thursday, I'm going to tell him it was only going to be Amber tonight."

We said goodnight to Ray, Franklyn, and his friend. I then went and hugged the two lawyers, whose new boyfriends magically appeared. Amber was still at the big round table when I walked over. She had been there all night, I was missing her.

When I got closer she stood up and dragged me over to the table. "Ladies and gentlemen I would like you to meet my favorite person in the entire world, Wendy. Take a curtsey dear." And I did to the delight of Hunter, who she also introduced. I also got a good look at the blonde in the tiny dress, she was still drinking a PBR, and she didn't look too thrilled. She had such nice boobs and hair you would have thought she would have been much happier.

***

Hunter's company must be a big enterprise because his hotel room was tremendous. It had a balcony with a perfect view of downtown LA. I was holding a glass of ice water looking for my apartment. I found it and I also found the huge building the Lawyers worked at.

"When are you going to be in LA full-time?" I asked him.

"Maybe another couple of weeks, My office in Arizona is almost cleaned out." I felt Hunter move into me and kiss my neck. "You know when I was sitting next to you I had a great view of your side boob?"

"Did you? I didn't even realize it." I checked in the mirror.

"I did, it was the best view in LA even better than this one." He grabbed me away from the mirror and motioned me out the glass door. "Let's move onto the balcony." He went to open the door.

"No please, let's just look. I don't like heights."

"Ok." He grabbed me with a smile and kissed the tip of my nose. "You are so beautiful." And then he kissed my face and neck and then concentrated on my chest right above my boobs. It was all silicone but he didn't seem to mind. He then stood back and started rubbing my boobs. "How did I get so lucky, if you didn't stand on that corner to watch Amber, we never would have met."

"I think it would have happened some other way." My lips went to his and we kissed, it was wonderful. His hands rubbed my back and then made their way down to my ass. I felt him run his hands along the thin outline of my panties. As his body pushed into me his hard cock pressed into my tight dress, silk next to gaberdine.

I didn't like staying at a man's place overnight, not that it ever happened before. I liked to coordinate my lingerie to sleep in and I would have all my makeup and sundries ready for the next morning. I would have to improvise. Maybe I would leave in the middle of the night.

We kissed a little more and I felt him pull up the back of my dress, soon his hands were rubbing my ass inside the panties. His hands were rough and they were making me squirm, I was loving this. I started to grind my crotch into him, feeling his hard cock move inside his pants. I stepped back and undid his belt and fly. Soon he was naked from the waist down. I held his cock as we kissed some more. He was so big, he had to be inches and more inches, perfect for my dainty hands.

I moved back and started to undo his shirt with my long blue nails. I kissed his chest as it came into view. I kissed down to his belly button and then I took off his shirt. I was now with a naked man.

"Wendy, I love your eyes, they are so big. You are perfect tonight." I just smiled, I wished I could be a woman every day, forever. I moved into his body and put my hands behind his neck while we made out again. "I want to show you the bedroom, you are going to love it." I followed the naked man, through a large sliding door. "What do you think?"

"Wow, I love it, I have never been on black silk sheets before." I crawled on the bed in my heels and dress and I posed. I was on my knees with my hands on the bed leaning forward, my chain dangling in my cleavage. "How do I look?" If his cock was anything to go by, then I must have looked pretty good. He crawled and kissed my breasts and neck.

"Can we take this off?" He asked rubbing my dress.

Part of me wanted to leave it on, but part of me wanted to feel his body against me. "Okay." I got up more on my knees and he helped me take it off and I looked in the mirror above the dresser to fix my hair. I took off my waist cincher and held my hair up. He bent to kiss my neck. I was so glad I wasn't wearing a wig tonight. I was now only in my panties and pantyhose, Hunter unclasped my heels.

My long nails scratched his back as he sucked on my neck and then licked his way up to my ear. He moved closer and his cock pushed into my belly, I grabbed hold of it and started to jerk him off while we kissed. Amber used to give me all sorts of little phrases she wanted me to say when I was in bed with a man but they were all too crude. When she slept with a man they were both naked and hardly ever did anything on the bed, it was usually on a chair or leaning out looking through the window, and hearing them talk to each other made me blush.

I wanted a man on the bed. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him harder to me. We kissed and I was starting to get too excited. This was the first time in my life that I was falling in love, really falling in love, not a dream. We laid down on our sides and he played with my breasts while I continued to rub his cock.

I stopped to watch him as I ran my long nails over his hard manhood, I then went down and kissed his balls. I kissed the length of his cock, I kissed his stomach, and then kissed him once more on the lips. I got into position, I was going to suck my boyfriend's cock.

Hunter was only my second boyfriend ever and I wanted to make him feel incredible, I wanted him to know I was good at sucking cock. I wanted him to know I was going to be a good girlfriend. I started at the head, my lips slightly tight, and made my way down the entire length of his cock. I took his entire manhood inside me, feeling him in my throat. I sucked for ten minutes, he was going crazy, but I wanted him to make love to me. I wasn't going to try to fix my hair, or worry about my lips, they were smudge-proof anyway.

I got up on all fours and he brought my pantyhose down past my ass. He moved my thong over and his tongue went inside my hole. Amber made me keep myself clean constantly. It was a twice-daily ritual if I was seeing a man. He played with me with his mouth and then his fingers. He put me on my side and his cock came in contact with my 'pussy.'

"Hunter rubbed my arm and spoke softly to me. "I have been patiently waiting for this moment since I first met you." His cock went into me. "Ray made me promise I would be extra nice to you at all times, how am I doing?"

"Nice." I moaned. "I love your cock inside me, baby." That was a cleaned-up version of what Amber taught me to say. I wanted to be extra nice too.

He was definitely the biggest cock that had ever entered me, and I was loving it, I wasn't lying. I felt him against me, he was completely inside. He started to pick up speed. Soon he was pushing me around the bed, I had to hold his body so I wouldn't move around so much. I kept on telling him 'harder.'

I then pushed me down onto my stomach and he kissed my back and went down to my legs and ass. Soon his cock was back into me. I felt his full weight on top of me, but I wanted to watch him plow my ass.

I begged him while trying to catch my breath, "Hunter I want to see you." Part of me wanted to watch him to make sure he was real.

He stopped and turned me to him, kissing my lips again. I was so over-excited I couldn't believe how empty I felt the couple of seconds he maneuvered me. I lay down and looked up at him and opened my legs. He slipped my pantyhose completely off and then took my panties off with his teeth. "These are now mine." He said through his gritted teeth. He maneuvered again and thank god, his cock was in me again. We spend another fifteen minutes fucking.

"I'm gonna cum baby," He whispered to me. He then bent down and his face was right in front of mine. We lightly kissed I could barely reach him. He started fucking me softer and slower, I felt the entire length of his cock move inside me.

I screamed, I felt his cum shoot inside of me, he was filling me up. I screamed some more. He pushed even harder, I think I came twice, my stomach was all wet. I felt his sperm swim inside me. He kept on pumping in and out of me until he was empty. He slipped out and laid on top of my body and we slowly moved around with even more cum between us.

We kissed once more, I had such a huge smile on my face. I then got up to check the damage to my makeup. Once I fixed my eyes and hair I walked back into the bedroom with a warm washcloth and cleaned Hunter's cock. I smiled at him as I wiped. I loved a man who was nice, and clean.

We ended up falling asleep, with me on top of him.

***

I woke up around 1:00 AM and I snuck off to check myself in the mirror again. I dreaded showing him my look in the morning and decided I was going to go back to the apartment. I fixed my makeup, put back on my pantyhose (I couldn't find my panties,) and put my dress back on. I slipped back into bed. it was nice being this close to a man.

I texted Dan and asked him to pick me up, if he didn't answer that would be fine, but soon he asked for the address and he would be here in twenty. He is the best.

"Hunter, I'm going to go."

"No, really?" He moved up and kissed me again. "Can I see you tomorrow then? Please."

I smiled, "You can see me every day until Wednesday."

"Really, I can actually see you on a Monday or a Tuesday morning?" He smiled. "Can't you stay a woman forever?"

"I wish, but I have to work. It doesn't pay much, but I love the hours."

"Come work for me, I can use someone like you who knows something about architecture." He sat up as I stood.

"Stop teasing me," I said to him while brushing my hair in the mirror. He moved his naked body behind me watching me in the mirror.

"I'm not teasing, don't you want to wake up every morning looking as beautiful as you do now?" Little did he know I just spent fifteen minutes getting pretty in his bathroom. I smiled, turned around, and kissed him. "Make me an offer."

His hands made their way back down to my ass. "Mmm, let me see," He thought as he looked to the ceiling. "How about..." he whispered closer to my ear.

I gave him my best-shocked look. "Ray should have warned me about you." I then grabbed his cock again, I slid down to my knees and took him in my mouth. He was naked and hard. He told me he would be like this most of the time with me. I giggled to myself as I brought him to completion, his cum dripping down my throat. I licked him clean and moved up kissing his hard chest before kissing him goodnight. "How did I do? Do I have the job?"

He laughed.

"Walk me to the elevator but don't get dressed." I dared him, looking into his dark eyes.

He looked a little surprised but we moved to his door anyway. I propped it open with a chair. I didn't want a naked man running around the floor, some other woman might steal him. I left him at the elevator hard and happy.

He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

***

When I got downstairs I realized I wanted him to meet Dan so I asked him to put on his robe and come outside.

We waited against Dan's car and then I introduced him to Hunter. I was so proud to be involved with such a handsome thoughtful man. And I was so proud of my friends. Dan asked him a few questions while I got settled in the back, the night was so calm and quiet. I opened the window and Hunter leaned in and kissed me goodnight, it was so romantic, I would have to tell Amber about it.

"I'll call you in the morning," he told me. I kissed him once more, I think I was in love. Dan took off and I leaned back and closed my eyes.

"Hunter is wonderful," I sighed.

"I really like him, he seems perfect for you." Dan looked at me through the rearview mirror. "We should have him meet Marie and the kids. The kids have been asking for you, you know."

"Let's do that, have her pick a good day. I'll have Ray pick me out something good for us to try."

"Your boyfriend gave me this." He then reached back and put something in my hand. "Maybe we can get the kids at the hospital tomorrow something special." I looked in my hand, it was two one hundred dollar bills.

"Excellent idea."

***

After our special sojourn to the Hospital on Friday, I ended up spending the rest of the weekend with Hunter. I realized I loved to just sit on his lap, lay against him, lay my head on his thigh, his hard manhood in my mouth. I would get comfortable and suck, slow, quiet, just suck. He would play with my hair, telling me my scent was wonderful, or how nice my dress matched my nails. He wanted me to meet his friends and all of his co-workers, even his family.

On Sunday the two of us were getting ready to have dinner. I was brushing my hair and Hunter, Ralph and Amber were outside on the little porch. She was showing them pictures of us from a year ago. I didn't want to think of the past, I wanted to plan for the future. I was going to start work for Incidental Investments in a week. Hunter was going to come with me to my job and we would talk to my boss together. I felt bad leaving, I didn't really mind it, plus I got to work alongside Amber some of the time. But I had to move on.

I was almost ready and I heard the front bell. Amber came into my room, "That Taylor is downstairs, she wants you to put on this and go with her somewhere." She was holding a suit in a dry cleaner bag. "She's a freak I'm going to get rid of her."

All I could think about is taking this job with Hunter meant no more boy clothes and here was Taylor giving me more. I had to tell her I was done. I heard Amber coming back into the apartment just as my phone rang.

"What the fuck was that all about, Amber is insane," Taylor said on the phone.

In the end, I promised her I would accompany her one more time, this Thursday.

***

Four days later Taylor had me go to a going-away party for one of the employees at the firm. Somewhere near the ocean in Malibu. I had been out with her more than Amber lately and I sort of felt she was concocting things to do with me. Walking into the party in a blue suit, I realized I would have to see Nicole and Linda as a guy for the first time, I tried to hide from them. I wasn't looking forward to that at all.

It was a Thursday. Amber was livid because I was going to miss our night at Claire's. It turned out fine, I would just be a little late, but I would have to get dressed at Taylor's once it was over.

Taylor's house was huge and her brother Mikey, who wasn't four years old as his name suggested, lived downstairs. He said hello to me and we talked about a previous party as I walked in. I had a shopping bag with my outfit for the night. I was going to keep it simple since I didn't have Amber's help. Taylor showed me to her room, which was cavernous and had one skinny mirror.

"You know," She said, "You could live here if you'd like, I have so much room. I would love the company."

"Doesn't Regina live here?"

"Ha, Regina would never move in, with anyone, She has a tremendous mansion in Bel Air very classy. I have only seen it once. In a movie, when she rented it out. Haha. It starred, um, Tom Hanks."

I was thinking that's a little weird, but I was itching to get dressed. Usually, I was in, at least my violet-colored robe, in seconds when I got home from work, we were just delaying me slipping into my new outfit. Taylor talked the whole time we got dressed, similar to Amber, but she wasn't interesting at all. She only talked about herself, and she didn't like anyone else, especially the men at work. I also didn't like the way she was watching me. I went into her bathroom to take a shower and came out in a corset, panties, and bra, all in black. She stopped to watch me.

"Would you like a drink, I have some Absolut?" She asked but I wanted to get ready and leave. Her room was so big and there was hardly anything in it. It was bigger than me and Amber's entire apartment.

I was sliding on my tan pantyhose and then turned to the mirror to check them out. "Do you always dress so girly under your clothes?" She asked.

"I guess so," I told her and put on my dress. Usually, I would do my makeup first but she was making me uncomfortable.

My dress was dark green with a purple paisley print on it. It was so short reaching just below my butt, I had to be careful when I bend over. I was wishing it was a little longer now that it caught Taylor's attention. I finished my makeup and put on a long wig, there would be no time for extensions. I painted my nails dark purple, put on my purple watch, and slipped into my purple heels. Lastly, I put on glasses, Hunter loved me in glasses, I wished he was going to be there tonight. I feel like I haven't seen him in so long even though it was only one day.

I was ready. I was wishing I had Amber's approval, once I received that I could relax. Unfortunately, I had to wait to get to the bar, and then it would be too late.

Taylor was acting a little weird, but that might be how she was at home. She was on her second or third vodka. I was hoping she would be quicker. She didn't wear makeup and her outfit didn't look complicated at all. She wore black Doc Martins and finally bent down to tie the laces.

"How do I look?" She asked me. "I think everyone at Claire's would approve don't you. I love leather pants."

Amber would hate it.

Personally, I didn't care how she looked. She had breasts and never showed them off. She had long tapered fingers and never painted her nails. She had such nice hair and I never saw it once out of the low ponytail she always wore. She looked like the guys in my I.T. department at work. If I had her body I would flaunt every part of it, she didn't know how lucky she was.

"You look fine," I told her with a smile, "Are we ready?"

"Just one thing, come with me inside." She made me follow her into her sitting room and she pointed at a perfect red velvet couch. It was clashing with my outfit already. "Sit, I'll be right back."

I was checking my watch, it was already nine o'clock, the time was slipping away. Ray would have made me two to three drinks by now, I was missing him and Amber.

"Wait 'til you see what I got for you." Taylor got down on her knee, she looked at me with a strange smile and pulled something out of her blazer pocket.

"Wendy, will you marry me?" She showed me a ring. A ring with a huge diamond on it.

"Ah, Taylor. That's crazy."

"Crazy?" She got off her knee, the leather of her pants making all kinds of strange noises. "What do you mean. I make great money, I have a big house. What... don't you like me?"

She stalked around the apartment. She was getting loud a little too fast. I texted Dan my emergency text just in case. "Taylor I don't even sleep with someone after three months I'm certainly not going to marry someone that quick, that's nuts."

"What, I'm nuts and YOU can do better. With who Amber? Or that guy you are making believe you are seeing. I haven't run into him once at Claire's. Is he even real?" I started to realize I had never seen Regina either. Wait, Regina is fake? Definitely, she has a fake girlfriend. And now that I think of it I don't even think she was a lesbian. That was probably just her cover to her obviously distant friends.

"Plus you never have any money."

"Taylor, stop. Why would you want to marry me, I am everything you and, um, Regina dislike underneath this dress." I was getting nervous. "Let's go, everyone is waiting for us." I started to exit out to the stairs.

"This is how we are leaving it." She yelled towards me.

"Taylor, please, you're freaking me out." I made it down the stairs and her brother appeared. He took my hand and helped me down the last couple of steps, while in my heels.

"Hi, I'm Michael." He said.

Oh my god, I had to get out of here, I have met him so many times as my male self. I didn't need this conversation. I just smiled and pushed through him out the door. I was on the lawn, sinking in my pumps when they both exited the house.

She pointed at me. "That's William, he's a fucking fag." I turned around to look at her. The brother seemed majorly confused. Now I know why Amber wanted to only use our femme names, it would have come in handy right at this moment, it would have been weird telling her parents though.

She started taking big steps toward me. "Thanks for nothing, nothing!" She was getting louder, Mikey came down to hold her, we both thought she was going to strike me. "Nothing, ahh. Go, get the fuck out of here!"

I couldn't believe she could get that angry, she must have had too much to drink. I was thinking I was helping her these last couple of months but now I realize I just made her crazier. Just then Dan appeared. He pulled close to me up on the lawn, knocking over some shrubs, and he pushed the front door open. She kicked my leg just as I hopped into the front seat. Dan took off.

"Are you okay?"

"I think so," I said and checked the damage to my leg. Just a huge Doc Martin footprint to remember her by, on my pantyhose but my leg was fine. Thank god for those hard exercises Amber made me do.

I lost my glasses and once we got a couple of blocks away I started to cry, the day turned out so weird, and it was so dark out. I remember walking into Taylors in daylight and then when I walked out it was pitch black.

I called Amber and told her what happened. Dan drove me back to the apartment. He walked me in and the three of us had tea. I started to cry again when I looked in the mirror and realized how nice I looked.

Amber said, "Of course she's sad no one will see her new look." They both laughed at me and I felt so much better.

Once Dan left I told her exactly what happened. I loved that she listened to the whole story and didn't make one comment.

"It must have been my fault." I whimpered.

"It wasn't. Something must have triggered her. I told you I didn't like her, the other two, eh, but her, no way. She won't come back to Claire's, watch."

I told her I didn't think she had that girlfriend, Regina either, and she agreed. I then begged her not to talk of this again.

"Why not? Everybody needs a little drama."

She smiled, she was wearing my favorite dress of hers. It was leopard print. If Amber was with me at Taylor's this never would have happened. Amber would have torn her apart, eaten her, and then finished all of her vodka.

***

I had quit my job and I was ready to start working with Hunter, I had another week to go. I started to see Hunter even more after that, thank God he was real. We made love almost every time we were together. I was sore in all the right places constantly. He kept me feeling like a woman and I needed his touch to bring me down to earth. I never told him what happened with Taylor, Amber says I should save it to tell at Claire's for a special drink from Ray. I think I might do that.

We set up a quiet Sunday a couple of weeks later to have Hunter meet Dan and the family. Dan wanted to pick us up but Ray gave me something called Jameson's Cold Brew and I was excited about making drinks for the five of us.

Amber and I first went shopping. Dan had two girls and I wanted to buy them dresses. Marie gave me the sizes and I was all excited to go to Nordstroms, unfortunately, Amber was going as a boy.

I was dressed so cute in a nice gray dress and high heels, perfect for a Sunday dinner with friends. Amber said I was turning into a boring middle-aged housewife right before her eyes. Once at the store, we went to the children's section. Amber kept on calling me honey and sweetums just to tease me but I was enjoying being the young wife looking for children's clothes. Dan's girls were four and eleven and I found perfect outfits for both.

Once home I fixed my makeup and waited for Hunter to pick us up. I loved waiting for a man to come to the apartment, Amber laughed at me saying I was acting too girly but something was happening to me. After having regular sex with Hunter I started feeling more like a woman. Once I was able to go full-time there would be no turning back, when the bell rang I jumped and had Amber answer the door.

I was hiding in my tiny bedroom wearing a dress that cost $39.99. I looked in my mirror, it was the first time in my life I felt that I should have worn something more expensive, but I didn't have any. Amber and I didn't have much extra money after rent so we did with what we had. I was thinking that Hunter should be dating a woman who could afford a more expensive outfit. I did love this dress though, it was a gray panel dress with lace 3/4 sleeves. I thought it was very formal and sexy. I had on tan pantyhose and my five-inch pumps. Amber did my makeup and I wore big thick silver hoops. I was so gray including my nails, lingerie, and clutch. I was hoping Hunter loved it anyway.

I opened the door slowly when I heard his voice. He could be with any woman in LA and he chose a broke, slightly disheveled crossdresser. Thank God for friends like Ray who I'm sure built me up in his eyes. Little did Hunter know, but I was attempting to be the greatest girlfriend ever, ha. He wouldn't know what hit him. I walked out and hit him, no I threw my arms around him and he kissed me.

"Am I the luckiest man in LA?" He asked me between kisses.

"You are." Amber told him.

***

Dan lived in a beautiful house in Torrance a couple of miles away. We have been there many times in the past two years, I have watched his little girls grow up. Amber made me ring the bell. I loved standing at the door, the three of us, we looked like a family. Dan opened the door and his youngest daughter Jade attached herself to my legs. I was her favorite. I picked her up and walked into the house. I was carrying a couple of bags over my arms and my clutch but I was happiest holding this little girl in my arms. I think I loved her more than anything in this world.

I kissed Marie and she took little Jade from me and then her other daughter Amy came in to hug us too.

"Why do you take so long between visits you two?" Marie said as she led us into her living room.

We introduced Hunter to everyone and I got on my knees in my tight dress to play with the girls. I handed them a small shopping bag each, they were like little ladies and I loved watching them peer in the bag. Amber gave Dan the Jamesons and we had flowers and some cookies for Marie. We were full-service guests.

I cried when the girls said they loved their dresses. I spent an hour browsing and Amber kidded me the whole time but it was worth it. They each ran back to their rooms to change. When they waltzed back they looked beautiful, there is nothing in this world better than little girls.

Marie and I went into the kitchen, I wanted to make drinks. Ray gave me a recipe. It was easy, whisky, ginger beer and lime. I always tell Ray I only make drinks with three ingredients and one of them is ice. Sometimes, but only sometimes you have to adapt.

It was a wonderful night, I got to play with the girls while they wore the new dresses I got them, and Amber read them a story. At the end of the night, we were finishing up the Jameson's, my dress all wrinkly and I had little Jade on my lap, I was playing with her long hair and reminiscing in my head a little too much. A tear was dripping down my cheek.

Two years ago Amber and I discovered Jade in the hospital on our Candy Stripe Fridays, it was my first time. She was so sick, the doctors didn't think she was going to live for another two days. Dan and Marie were exhausted, practically living in the bed with her. Amber watched Amy as I sat with Jade, I was getting attached, I sat with her for eight days. I was reading stories from the books in the hospital library. I couldn't leave. She was so little and she looked at me with such confidence, I couldn't leave. I took showers in the nurses' station and wore my candy striper dress the whole time. I couldn't even think about leaving. I was going to stay until she got better.

She got better.

Dan drove us from the hospital, it was our first time in his car, he then asked us to stay with him and his wife. They had a nice house and he wanted us to move in. They had two huge empty bedrooms on the first floor. We stayed for two weeks, I cried when I left. Me and Amber were commuting to work from Torrance. It was nice, we had a family, we still have a family. Amber told me she wished she had me with her in Kansas.

Jade fell asleep in my arms while I whispered a made-up story in her ear. It was about a girl with lot's of friends, who showed her the world. Before we left I cried in the bathroom. I had to fix my dress and makeup, but Amber knew what I was doing. Sometimes life is good and sometimes life is great. Being with Dan and his family is great.

I sat in the back of Hunter's car on the way home, the men in the front. I was always emotionally exhausted visiting the kids. We got to the apartment dropping off Amber, and Hunter asked me to stay in the back. he drove a couple of blocks and pulled under a huge tree leaving us in complete darkness. He sat in the back and I leaned against him. I looked up at him and he smiled. Dan and Marie told me he seemed like a lovely person. He made it past the only hurdle. He kissed me and I slipped into his arms. His hands were rubbing my legs and he held me tighter. It was a wonderful night.

"Wendy?" He shook me, I must have fallen asleep. He pulled out something from his pocket. It was so dark I couldn't see. "Will you marry me?"

***

"Are you almost ready? Hunter is going to meet us at Claire's. I want to get there after him and make an entrance." I told her while holding up my ring.

Amber sprayed herself with hairspray and then stood up, ready to go. "Wait. Show me your entrance moves."

"What?" I asked getting myself up, blowing on my nails.

"Your entrance, show me how you enter.

"Umm, okay." I moved out the door and walked in, using the catwalk technique that I have been practicing since I was a teenager.

"You have got to be kidding me. Watch and learn, baby." We left about a half-hour later, my entrance perfect, but my feet killing me.

***

Dan dropped us off right in front, we were a little late. We headed to the back near the bar but of course, it was full. The lawyers we there with some friends and Hunter was in the middle of them, talking with Ray. I caught his eye from the other side of the bar and made my way over. I couldn't wait to put my arms around him in front of the Lawyers. I wanted to show off him and my ring. He watched my entire walk past the A-List tables and through all of the partyers. His eyes were on me the whole time, I was his, I was going to let him make love to me again tonight.

I was four body's away from him when suddenly we heard Nicole yell and wave. "Amber, Amber I got great news."

We walked over, my entrance was ruined. Oh well.

She told us, "I just got you a spot at 'The Malibu Hut' the drag club off of Pacific Coast Highway. You just have to show up, the job is yours."

Amber was speechless. That was her dream, they would never talk to her because she didn't have any experience.

Some lawyer's come in handy. We went back to the bar to see Ray and have a double celebration.

***

Amber was getting ready to move out of the apartment and move into a room stationed right inside 'The Malibu Hut' where most of the performers lived. I helped her pack up her things and a lot of it was in plastic tubs against the wall in the hallway. Tonight she had to go and observe to get ready for her debut this weekend.

Tonight would be the first time I ever went to Claire's without her. I was going to meet Linda and Nicole. I was nervous, Hunter wouldn't even be with me tonight, he flew back to Arizona to take care of some last-minute business. I couldn't wait until he was in LA permanently.

"I'm sorry if I sound childish, but who is going to help me with my outfits," I asked her as she was getting ready to leave. She had a suitcase in her hand that she borrowed from Dan's wife.

She put down the bag and walked over to me. "You don't need my help anymore, you are a big girl now." She touched my cheek and then went back to her bag.

"Am I?" Was I, I didn't think so.

"Okay, let me go, I'm gonna be late of course. Send me a picture if you need a little confidence. I can help over the phone."

And she was gone. She would be back to pick up the rest of her things, but Thursday's would never be the same again. I wasn't even looking forward to going to see her at The Hut, I wasn't a big fan of Drag or Drag performers. I always felt like a phony when I was surrounded by them, even around our friends the Candy Stripers.

I was just a huge fan of Amber.

I got dressed, talking to myself like Amber used to do. It wasn't working so I called Hunter and talked to him instead. I wanted to show him what I was wearing so he could see what he would be missing tonight.

"Hi, I miss you." He told me over the phone. He was so far away. Did he really exist, sometimes I got nervous about stupid crap like that. For years I dreamed of having a tall, dark and handsome boyfriend. I always woke up alone. I was now alone, maybe I made up Amber too, there is no way that someone like her existed.

"Wendy?"

"Oh I'm sorry, I was spacing out. I love that you are real." I told him and he laughed. "When you are back in LA could you take me to the Actor's Chapel down the block from Claire's?"

"Chapel?" He asked. "Okay, whatever you want to do."

I said goodbye and sent him a picture, he made me send him more and that made me no longer sad.

***

I walked into Claire's completely dressed for the Chapel. I had a long floral print dress in pale yellow, it had green and darker yellow flowers on it. The hem came below my knees and I paired it with my yellow sandals and matching clutch. I wore no corset, I had no help, maybe I didn't need it anymore anyway. I had on nude pantyhose and my D cup breast forms underneath. There was barely any cleavage, Amber wouldn't have approved, she would have left me in the chapel, again.

I was running late, and I was glad that Linda and Nicole were already here. Ray was saving my stool, in my place was a huge sunflower in a pot. As I got closer the girls got up and kissed me, I missed them. One of the men behind us took the flower pot and handed it back to Ray.

"Everyone wanted your seat 'Sunflower,' and I see you are dressed as one." Ray laughed as I sat in my spot. Ambers seat was occupied by a large man in an expensive suit. He raised his glass at the three of us and smiled. I hope he didn't think he had a chance with any of us, I hated to disappoint someone. Before I met Hunter I would of shown him some of the dark spaces in Claire's.

The two girls had their drinks and Ray brought me over a glass of red wine. Claire's was not a place to get wine.

"The two women over there," Ray told me pointing, "Are drinking this lovely Merlot, I saved you a glass." I glanced over and saw a bottle in front of too stunning women, my mood immediately picked up.

The three of us, plus Ray, drank and talked and caught up with our individual news. They wanted to go out Sunday and see Amber at the club. I agreed to go.

Nicole said, "Maybe it will be our new Thursday spot?"

"Not for me," I smiled, "I love it here, This is my spot."

Ray walked over and I held his hand. He asked me, "Do you remember the first night you and Amber came in?"

Linda looked up from her gin, "Ooh tell us."

I really didn't want to tell them, it was so long ago and I was a completely different person back then. Ray shook my hands urging me on, I saw the perfect pale yellow polish on my fingers. I smiled at him.

"The first time I saw Wendy she was all in purple."

I felt a little melancholy, "I was. Bright purple, I wanted to hide in a corner but Amber had other ideas."

Ray continued. "The two of them were against the wall over near the tables." He pointed to the crowded side of the room. "They were having trouble catching the eye of the roving waitress so I went over. I asked if they would like something to drink and they both froze. Haha."

"I remember," I laughed, "My voice was terrible back then, I used to use my finger a lot."

"I brought over two margaritas, I remember the girls sitting in front of you were drinking them." He looked at Nicole, "They were done in about a minute, ha."

"I was ready to go, it was one of the first times I went out as Wendy, and I thought everyone was looking at me, and they were. I had that crazy purple dress on and Amber looked like she was ready for a funeral."

"Ha, that's right." Ray laughed with the girls when I showed them a picture of us from that night.

"Wait." Nicole said, "This picture was taken right here, I see the picture on the wall behind us."

"I made them sit here and keep me company. That was two years ago, I didn't realize they would never leave this spot again." Ray held my hand again.

The girls had more drinks and I had another glass of wine, I felt very sophisticated. I went to the ladies' room and ran into Franklyn on my way back. I gave him a quick hug and he asked how Hunter was. I smiled because Hunter must be real if someone else had asked about him. I showed him my engagement ring.

I sat back down and we clinked glasses with the tall man in Amber's spot, he was getting a little too close and Ray had him move over as he squeezed another stool in and an older woman sat down as a buffer.

"So what happened with Taylor?" I asked the girls.

"Well," Nicole moved closer to me and her voice got a little lower. "She's gone, she transferred, somewhere outside of California."

I shook my head I didn't want to talk about her. "You know, you never told me why you finally came into Claire's in the first place. The three of you have been working next door for years."

Linda turned to us. "That's easy, we had lunch for one of the big wigs who was leaving the firm. We had food and drinks and Ray was the bartender."

Ray came over when he heard his name. "What did I do now?"

"Remember," Nicole asked him, "When we had that party next door that you worked at?"

"Hmm."

"You told us you worked here and we said we wouldn't step foot in a place like this, ha." Ray shook his head. And then Nicole faced me. "Ray said, come and I will save you a spot next to Wendy, like in high school, she is the hot, funny one. You are going to love her and her friend Amber.

I looked at our favorite bartender. Obviously, he was more than that, I could never thank him enough for everything he did for me and Amber. I could have cried but Linda tapped my arm.

"Taylor overheard us and invited herself. She was never our favorite person. I was surprised you two became friends."

I just smiled.

Ray said, "And I got a bunch of new clothes out of the deal." I had given everything to him, that she gave me. There were a lot of clothes. I would never ever need them again.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Nicole reached in her bag and pulled out a check. "Taylor gave me this the day she left. She said to thank you for making life with her parents a little easier. You have to fill me in on a couple of those get-togethers."

"Well, that will be a couple of stories for another couple of nights. When we are drunk, haha." She then handed me the check. "Ten thousand dollars?"

"Yeah, she didn't fill it in, she didn't know your last name."

I wrote pay to the order of: 'Chase County Family Center.' In Nicole's perfect flowing script. I will give it to Amber to send to Cottonwood Falls, Kansas, she would like that. She might even thank Nicole.

***

After Amber got her job at 'The Malibu Hut' I would mainly see her on Fridays when we went to the hospital.

Thursday night I took a picture of my outfit to send to her, while she was already working at her club. She was going to try to meet me at Claire's later, but now I needed her to okay my dress. It was a flowing electric blue mini, it has been in my closet for years and I never wore it out. I think I might be ready to show it off.

Amber called me back, "What the hell is that I thought I hid that in the back of your closet." She said loudly on the phone.

"You did, why no good."

"What color is it?"

"Um," I thought really hard. "Blue?"

"Keep everything in your closet and get rid of that, go put on a little black dress for crying out loud you are a woman, not a smurf." She then hung up and I changed.

I put on a short tight black dress, with my D cup breast forms. A tight corset and nude pantyhose finished off with five-inch black opened-toe pumps. I had on huge gold hoops and my makeup was a little darker than usual. I couldn't wait to show off for Hunter. Hopefully Amber will approve this one. I never wore it out since it was so tight but I think my body looked extra good in it tonight. I took another picture and sent it to Amber.

When she called back I told her, "It's black."

"I know it's black I told you to put it on." She cursed I think, or maybe she was talking to someone. "Nice front, love the sleeveless look. Your hair looks amazing of course. Um, put on that Swiss watch of yours and put on some higher heels. Go put on my seven inchers, the black open-toed ones they are in one of the tubs, you are going to be a diva tonight."

"Really? Okay." I never wore anything of hers, even though we wore the same size in almost everything. I then took another picture and sent it to her.

"Perfect, I gotta go. Amber Tamblyn is here tonight." She hung up, I guess I was ready.

I sat in Amber's puffy chair again putting on my purple watch and filing my nails while wishing she was explaining 'The Art of Eyeshadow' she started the last time we were home together. It was a long soliloquy but informative and I was disappointed she wasn't here to tell me part two.

***
I was sitting in our spots alone, wishing I took up Dan's offer to come in to have a drink with me. I didn't want him to be missing his family. I didn't do alone good but at least I wouldn't have to run into Taylor. Ray was walking over to say hello when he pointed to a beautiful woman on the other end of the bar.

"Wendy, I want you to meet Mila." He said.

"Hi," I called across the bar.

"Hi." She said as she made her way over to us. "I always see you every week hiding over here in some fabulous dress, but I only see you from the waist up." She laughed. She was beautiful, she had long blonde hair, diamond earrings and a short white dress showing so much leg. "You have to show me this one it looks exquisite."

I smiled, I was a little embarrassed, I wasn't used to women noticing what I was wearing. It was my job to notice them. I was so glad Amber made me change.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, stand let me see what you have on." So I did. And I turned around so she could see the back. It was so tight and I knew my legs looked incredible in it. She told me, "I love wearing stockings too." She then lifted her dress to show me the elastic at the top. "Why don't American women wear these things, they are so sexy." She laughed. "Ooh, and I love that watch."

"Where is your accent from?"

"I'm from Poland I moved here about seven months ago. What are you drinking?" She looked at the empty bar.

"Oh, I haven't decided yet."

She touched my shoulder, "Well I will have what you are having."

I then looked up at Ray. And he smiled at me, "Your regular a Yellowbird Cocktail?"

"Um yes, perfect."

Mila sat at the bar next to me, "Sounds wonderful. Are you here alone?"

"For now," I told her, "I'm waiting for my boyfriend, his name is Hunter."

"Hunter? That is my husband's name." We looked at each other for a couple of seconds. "Imagine it is the same man." She said in her sexy eastern European accent."

"Hmm, let's see, whoever he comes to kiss first gets to keep him," I told her.

"Okay, that is good plan." We laughed as our drinks were put down in front of us. "I will have to fix my lips then just in case." We laughed and we fixed our lips after we took a sip of my regular yellow drink.

Amber never showed up, but the men did. Amber did a late show at 'The Malibu Hut' that night. They loved her.

***

The End

AttachmentSize
Plain text icon Everybody Needs a Little Drama L.txt87.66 KB
up
93 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Impressive First Posting

Very well written, with vivid characters and atmosphere. And just enough drama! Compelling read.

I usually favor humor but

Sabrina G Langton's picture

I usually favor humor but sometimes drama leaks through... Thanks for reading...

I couldn’t stop….

reading once I started, thoroughly enjoyed your first posting on this medium.
Keep em coming!
Stay safe.
T

Fun and well written

Please go on writing. I really like your style! On which other sites have you previously written your stories?

Thank you maxkm70 for

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Thank you maxkm70 for commenting and reading. I have all of my stories of Literotica. I have written almost 40 of them. It's crazy... SabrinaGLangton is my name on there. I think I am going to start putting more personal stories on BC. Thanks again.

Querky characters

Who could resist these oddballs? Certainly not me. Hope to read more when the Muse favors you again.

Thanks, Ricky, I love

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Thanks, Ricky, I love thinking that something as simple as three new people sitting next to you in a bar could change your life. Thanks for reading...

Nicely done!

Good story - good characters - well written - can't ask for more than that.

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

Great that you're on here now

leeanna19's picture

Great that you're on here now Sabrina. We will look forward to some more of your great stories.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Hi Sabrina, are they your

leeanna19's picture

Hi Sabrina, are they your legs on your icon?

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Of course, I was popular for

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Of course, I was popular for a little while. I loved draping myself over men when I was younger...