The Trinity

Printer-friendly version
The Trinity
(Male, Female and the Void)

 


 

In me is the female.
Beautiful and graceful
To be loved
And to love in return
Is all that she asks.

In me is the male
Strong and proud
To be successful
And to provide
Is all that he asks

In me is the void.
Dark and all consuming
To hold back
The male and female
Is all that it asks.

In me is a wish.
It is all that gives me hope.
To be rid of the void
And to live my life
Is all that I ask.

Written by Jessica Marie


 
Hi everyone. I was sitting here and thinking to much and I felt my muse come along. I strongly felt the erge to write and I had to put this type this out. Please forgive me. I know my writing is lousy and there are fragments and missspelling, I have not used an editor for this. I wanted to put it out as is because this is what my soul is trying to say.

I guess that this poem is a way of me dealing with things right now. To tell you the truth my being transgendered is not the biggest issue for me right now. I guess that my biggest issue is lonlyness. Beyond work friends and online friends, I have no one. I miss having people to hang out with and I want to have someone special in my life. I try and go out when I have money but I'm nothing but a big fat wallflower. And from time to time when some has shown intrest in me I think to myself that there must be something wrong with them for them to be interested in a freak like me.

Okay, Sorry for the pity party.
Later folks,

Jessica Marie

up
23 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You HaveA Lot To Offfer

jengrl's picture

Don't sell yourself short. You have a lot to offer, but the right person has to come along to make it worth giving your heart. You are worth loving Jessica Marie and you are not a freak. Keep your chin up. Your poem is really good because it speaks of what is inside of you just waiting to come out. I know that you are lonely and it is tough right now. Just hang in there. Like the old Wilson Phillips song" "Hold On For One More Day"

Hugs,

Jen

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Hi, Jessica Marie!

A wonderful poem, which carries great insight. In other words, a contribution to all our lives.

I might indeed quibble, however, with the first line of your wish, because I don't think we ever completely get rid of the void. And this "transgender" name we give ourselves may signify one of the potential advantages we have over many others - we are in touch with both the male and the female in us. It may well be possible that in working together, the two work to keep the void at bay.

As for the folks that may show interest in you, remember, they also have their needs. -- Our church at times sponsors a poetry circle. It's been pretty lively in there at times. Some communities do something similar in their civic centers or town halls.

Chin up if you can. Leah

The void

Thank you for the comment. I really apriciate it. The void in my poem is made up of my bouts of depression, my anger, my lonlyness and lots of other things that keep me feeling down and hold me back. I guess that I'm not very good at getting things like that across. Never have been really.

Thanks again

Jessica Marie

No need to apologize

Andrea Lena's picture

A simply lovely poem which moved me to tears; but even more for your lonliness. My prayers for your comfort and fulfillment of bright dreams and hope.

"She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones." Che Dio ti benedica! 'drea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Thank you

Thanks for the comment. I really apriciate the prayers. Even if God and I are not always on good terms.

Jessica Marie

pity party?

kristina l s's picture

Oh I dunno. I think many can see and feel where this comes from. We may not word things the same way, respond or react identically, but there are always similarities. Duality and that darkness are no strangers to many here I'm sure. Am I girl enough? Am I too much boy? And that whispering little voice that says... either way, you are not worthy.

Didn't notice any glitches and I don't think things like this should be 'edited', it's about the emotion and feeling, that's what counts. Ya just gotta try don't ya.

Oh.. where the hell is that 'we are not worthy thing from? The dweebs and Alice Cooper, it'll drive me nuts all day now, hah.

Hang in there Jessica. Oops, almost slipped into Forrest Gump there for a minute. Chockie?

Kristina

Thank

Thanks for the comment.You may have not noticed any glitches but the last line of every paragraph is a fragment.

Jessica Marie

P.S. "We are not worthy" is from Waynes world 1. They were bowing to Alice Cooper

Looks Good to Me...

No, they're not fragments. With very minor punctuation changes, the sentence structure is whole and strong:

In me is the female, beautiful and graceful. To be loved and to love in return is all that she asks.

In me is the male, strong and proud. To be successful and to provide is all that he asks.

In me is the void, dark and all-consuming. To hold back the male and female is all that it asks.

In me is a wish. It is all that gives me hope. To be rid of the void and to live my life is all that I ask.

Grammatically, the infinitive phrases are the subjects, "is" is the verb, and "all" is the predicate nominative, modified by the "that" phrase. (Or, as some would have it, "all" is the subject and the infinitive phrases are the respective predicates.)

I think you've done a great job of getting your point across in any case. Thanks for posting.

Eric

Interesting

Thanks for the comment. I apriciate it. Unfortunatly when you wrote-

Grammatically, the infinitive phrases are the subjects, "is" is the verb, and "all" is the predicate nominative, modified by the "that" phrase. (Or, as some would have it, "all" is the subject and the infinitive phrases are the respective predicates.)

- I have no idea what the hell your talking about. It's cool though.

Thanks again
Jessica Marie