Possession Doll Part 1: The Possession Begins

Printer-friendly version

What would happen if your soul got trapped in the body of a girl?


Possession Doll

Part 1: The Possession Begins

By Grishnax

Please note that my characters are not made to have any resemblance to any real living person, and I don’t mean to rip off another story, so all similarities are coincidental. My knowledge of certain subjects in this may be slightly limited, so don’t expect me to be perfect with this.

***

“Alex! Your bus is coming!” My mom called. I got up in a panic, realizing that I had slept in.

For most people at my school, this isn’t a problem, but with my bus driver, you were there or you weren’t. And if you weren’t, he just kept on moving. He had been threatened to be fired more than once for this behavior, but the bus company was almost always low on staff. The company had always had a hard time hiring people, so they took what they could get. I ran out of bed as fast as I could, and dashed downstairs. (Thank god I sleep in my clothes!)

I grabbed my backpack and ran outside, just in time to see the bus turning onto the next street. I heard my mother sigh, and I knew that I just made her skip today’s yoga lesson. “Come on, we’d better get you to school.” She sighed again, and walked towards the garage. I obediently followed her, and got into the car. “Sometimes, I don’t know why I bother.” Even though she said this, I knew that she cared about me. I was pretty close to my mom, even though I sometimes got scorned for it at school. It didn’t really matter, I didn’t care about their opinions anyways.

“How many times have you missed the bus this year?” My mom asked.

“Fifty-eight times.” I replied obediently.

“And how many times have I had to miss yoga?”

“Forty-seven times.”

“Well I hope that you learned your lesson, because now you’re late for class.”

“I know. Now can I get out of the car?” We had been at school for about 5 minutes. Every time we were late, my mom dealt me a lecture about how ‘you made me miss yoga’ and kept me in the car till I was late. It was a kind of annoying method, and not that highly effective.

My mother sighed and opened the car door. “Just remember to pick up the groceries on the way home.”

“Got it mom.” And with that, I trudged into school. My school isn’t really that bad compared to a lot of other schools I’ve heard about, but its still school. I don’t have any friends, so I don’t know why I bother going here. It’s not like anyone would care if I was gone. I bet the only person who would care if I wasn’t at school is my mom. She knows how much I hate it, but it’s her goal to give me a good education.

When I got into class, my teacher, Mrs. Lenard said, “Well, well, well, look who showed up. Get to your seat so we can begin the lesson.” Through the entire lesson, I was staring out the window looking at an old tree. I stared out the window for most of my classes. The few classes that I don’t stare out the window in are the classes with teachers that have threatened to send me to the principal’s office. I don’t really care about it that much, but it’s annoying to be lectured again and again.

Soon enough, classes ended. I went down to my usual lunch table. I shared it with some girls, but we had an unspoken rule: If you don’t bother me, I won’t bother you. They were chatting away, not noticing as I sat down for lunch. Unexpectedly, I heard my name mentioned. It was rare that anyone ever talked about me, as I was considered to be the biggest nobody in the school. Half the people didn’t even know I existed, and I preferred it that way. As I listened in, I heard the following conversation:

“You know Alex? I heard that he might be forced to stay back a grade.”

“Really? Wait, who’s Alex?”

“You seriously don’t know who Alex is? He sits at us with lunch every day!”

At that point, the girls turned to look at me, and then turned back and continued the talking.

“Oh, that guy. I thought his name was Steve.”

“I can’t believe that you didn’t know the name of the person who’s sat at your table for most of the year.”

“Well why would I need to know his name? He never talks to us...”

After that, they started to drift into their usual conversations. When lunch was over, I went to my locker. While I was walking down the hall, I noticed that a few people were staring at me. It was rather unnerving, seeing as I usually stayed in the background. I checked myself over, seeing if there was anything that looked odd. As far as I could tell, I looked completely normal. I realized that if I didn’t pick up the pace, I’d be late for class. Again.

***

After school, I walked to the mall to get the groceries that my mom wanted. One of the cool things about our town is that there is a mall right next to our school. At least, I heard that it’s cool. I don’t care either way. It was a popular hangout for a lot of kids because they could get there easily. I didn’t go there much, except when I had to do some shopping for my mom.

Today the mall was exceptionally crowded. I’m pretty sure there was some big sale or event there, because there were about twice the number of people there usually were. I pushed my way back through the crowd and eventually got to the supermarket. It was quiet in the supermarket compared to the rest of the mall. It seemed that something bigger was happening outside the store. It perked my interest, but I had to get the groceries over with first.

When I finished shopping, I went through the crowd to see what was so popular. Apparently, there was some big singer in town, and she was singing at this mall. There was a small stand where you could get merchandise, and a lot of the people in the crowd were lined up for that. I began to push my way back through the crowd, and got outside. I was rather disappointed about the singer, because I wasn’t into music. Most people at school would probably know her name and most of her songs just by looking at her face. Me, I didn’t know anything except that she looked like she had too much makeup on.

When I got into the parking lot, I saw that there was a car swerving along the road. The driver looked woozy, and that probably wasn’t a good sign. He was headed straight towards the crowd, and showed no sign of slowing down. “Hey!” I yelled towards the guy. “You’re going to crash!” He didn’t hear me, and kept heading towards the crowd. I realized that I would have to get closer for him to hear me. I ran as fast as I could next to the place where I predicted that the car would go. When he was in range, I yelled to him, “Hey! You’re going to crash!” It was then that the car swerved towards my direction. I tried to run away, but the car came on to fast. I saw someone in the crowd scream, and heads turned towards my direction. [Yes, that’s it...] I thought to myself. [At least I saved all those people...] And then the car smashed into me.

***

The first thing I saw was stars. Stars all above me. I felt like I was floating, but I couldn't identify what I was floating on. It was then that I realized I was naked. Quickly, I tried to cover myself, but there was nothing around to cover myself with. But when I looked down, I saw that I was staring at Earth. Yes, it’s weird, but I was staring at Earth from a space perspective. And I have to say, the view was amazing. You’ve probably seen those pictures of earth in textbooks or somewhere, but it’s nothing compared to seeing it for real. I gazed at it, amazed by the sight, but then I heard a humming.

It didn’t sound metallic like the hum of some powered-on device, but instead the humming of some church chorus. The sound made me look up, and I saw that I was approaching some clouds. The clouds had a yellowish tint to them, and appeared to be where the sound was coming from. I was rising towards the clouds, and as I did, the sound got louder. The sound wasn’t unpleasant, nor did it get too loud to annoy me. In fact, it seemed to welcome me. I was almost there, when suddenly the force that was floating me up disappeared. I began hurtling towards Earth, not knowing what was happening.

***

“But I don’t want to do this!”

“Be quiet and sit down!”

There were seven girls in the dark room. Six of them were standing outside an elaborate circle drawn in chalk, and the seventh girl was sitting in the middle. One of the girls outside the circle was holding an ancient-looking book. The girl in the center was crying, obviously wishing that she wasn’t there.

“I don’t want to be a possession doll!” The girl in the center cried, obviously in distress.

“Be quiet Alexis, or we’ll summon a demon to eat you!” The girl with the book said menacingly. All the girls in the circle knew that she couldn’t summon a demon except for Alexis, who began to quietly whimper.

“Lizzie, please don’t make me do this! You promised that you would let me try using the spellbook!” Alexis began to cry again.

“I said shut up!” Lizzie said forcefully, and moved to kick Alexis.

“Lizzie, we need the possession doll intact for this to work. It’s not a good time to lose your temper.” Said another girl nervously. Everyone in the room knew that it was bad news to mess with Lizzie, but they all wanted to summon the spirit.

“Fine, I won’t beat the little crybaby. Now let’s get this show on the road!” Lizzie said, and opened the book. All of the girls outside the circle went and got candles from a box next to the wall, lit them, and returned to their original spots. Lizzie found the page she was looking for, and began to chant:

Oh great spirits of above
We pray for you to come to us
We wish you no harm
We shall give you a gift
A gift of joys
A gift of sorrows
A gift of life...

***

Oh great spirits of above...

As I was falling, I heard a chant. It was nothing like the beautiful sound of the ethereal humming. If the humming was as soft as velvet, the chant was as rough as sandpaper. I shot down at an amazing speed, but I couldn’t feel any wind brushing against my face. When I got to about average-plane-gliding-height, I realized that since I was naked, when I would land I would be stark naked in public. The thought embarrassed me, but then I realized that I would probably not survive the fall. I tried to scream, but I couldn’t seem to find my voice.

I looked around, and realized that I was nowhere near where my town. It looked like a secluded set of buildings that wasn’t close to any other towns. I’d guess from my perspective that the closest town to where I was falling was about 50 miles away. The general area seemed to be enclosed by mountains, with a small lake near the buildings. The set of buildings didn’t look big enough to be a town, but big enough to hold at least about 800 people. A private school, maybe?

When I was about one mile above the ground, I began to slow down. It appeared as if the force that was guiding me was now trying to be more specific on where it directed me. I was pulled towards the roof of what looked like a gym. I braced myself for impact (I was still moving pretty fast) but instead of hitting the roof, I went straight through the building.

The gym’s inside was empty, but I could hear the chant coming from the storage room off to the side. When I passed through the door of the storage room, I saw 6 girls standing outside an elaborate circle. They were the ones who were chanting. There was a seventh girl sitting in the middle of the circle, and she was quietly crying. I’m pretty sure that I was being pulled towards her, but the force that was pulling me had slowed to a crawl, so I couldn’t be sure. The force suddenly jerked me forwards, and I shot into the girl in the middle of the circle. After that, everything went black.

***

When I woke up, I was in the gym room that I had seen before. However, my body felt like someone had turned it into putty and remolded it. There was weight where there shouldn’t have been, and I couldn’t feel my... well, you know. I looked up at my hand, and saw that it was more slender than it normally was. What the heck had happened?

“Oh great spirit, I thank thee for descending.” A girl holding an old book said this, and I wondered who she was talking to. “I humbly request of you to grant our requests.” Was this girl crazy? “Our first request is to allow us to become masters of magic.” Yeah, I’m pretty sure she was crazy. Who believes in magic, anyways? “Our second request is for all to worship us.” If this wasn’t crazy, I didn’t know what was. “Our third request is...” Okay, I’d had enough of this.

“Will you shut up?” I asked, annoyed. It was a few seconds before I realized that my voice was higher than usual. The girls looked shocked. Obviously, they didn’t expect me to respond. Like that, at least.

“Great spirit, we did not mean to offend thou...” The girl with the book said nervously. Wait, was I the great spirit that they were referring to? I wasn’t a great spirit. I was just an average boy.

“I don’t know what you think I am, but I’m not the ‘great spirit’ you’re referring to.”

“WHAT!? I’m sure that I got that spell right! She’s definitely possessed! What did I get wrong...?” The girl with the book started muttering to herself and flipping the pages of the book while all the other girls whispered nervously. Wait a minute; did she call me a ‘she’? I definitely wasn’t a girl. But being turned into a girl might explain why my body felt different, and why my voice was higher.

[WAH!] Shouted a voice in my head. [What’s going on? Why can’t I move?] It sounded like the girl who was crying earlier, and my new voice. I did a mental double-take. There was a voice in my head? I was beginning to question my sanity. Since when did I have voices in my head? Maybe I could talk to it. Wait, that’s stupid. How could I talk to voices in my head? Oh well, it was worth a try.

[Who are you, and why are you in my head?] I asked it.

[No, you’re in my head! Please get out!] It replied, and began crying.

I felt kind of bad for it, but I was definitely not in it’s head. [How am I in your head?]

[No I’m not! They forced me to be the possession doll and now I have you stuck in my head!] It began to cry even harder.

[A possession what?]

[A possession doll! You should know all about them, being a great spirit and all.]

[Look, I’m not a great spirit. Why do people keep thinking that I’m a great spirit?]

[Wait, you’re not a great spirit? Then how are you possessing me?]

[I’m possessing you? Sorry, but I just can’t believe that. You’re just a voice in my head, a figment of my imagination.]

[No I’m not, I’m a real person! Please give me my body back!] It started wailing with a renewed force.

[If this is your body, then how am I able to move it?] I raised my arm just to prove I had control over the body.

It stopped crying, and toned it’s sadness down to a controlled sniffle. [You’re possessing me, so you can do whatever you want to this body. I have no control over what you do, so I may as well be a figment of your imagination. Maybe I should just stop existing altogether...]

“Hey, are you going to sit there all day or what?”

The words snapped me out of my mental conversation. It was one of the girls outside the circle. I guess since they no longer considered me to be a great spirit, they wouldn’t be so polite to me. “Well, what have I got better to do?” I responded sarcastically. They looked annoyed, both because I wasn’t a great spirit and the fact that it seemed I was a sarcastic jerk.

“Well, you could leave so we could try to summon a *real* great spirit.” The girl with the book looked pretty mad, but I didn’t care. Even though I was usually a quiet person, I had moments when I snapped. This was one of them. I mean, how would you feel if you were suddenly somewhere that you’ve never been to surrounded by people you’ve never met in a body that’s not your own? Wait, I just acknowledged the fact that this body isn’t mine. Well, whatever. I could think of that after I got out of this mess.

“As soon as you tell me how to leave, I will.” The girls looked confused at my reply.

“You don’t know how to get out of someone’s body? But you’re a spirit! Spirits are supposed to know that stuff!” The girls were obviously shocked. I guess that they expected me to be able to un-possess someone after entering their body. That was when I heard a voice on the other side of the door.

“Lizzie, get out of there this instant! If you’ve done what I think you’ve done...” The voice sounded very stern, and all the girls started silently panicking. “Don’t try to hide, I know you’re in there. If you don’t return that stolen spellbook right now, I’ll be forced to punish you in the most severe way possible.” The girls quickly darted around the room, and hid behind various gym equipment. Suddenly, the door burst open, and I saw a lady in a dark purple robe stride into the room. She looked to be somewhere around 20, but her piercing blue eyes showed wisdom that was normally held by someone much older. She looked at me, and I involuntarily cringed. “Alexis? What are you doing here?”

“My name’s Alex, not Alexis.” I replied automatically. A few years ago, a bunch of jerks began to call me Alexis to annoy me. They said that I was a sissy for never standing up for myself, and needed a sissy name to go along with it. After a few weeks of this, I snapped. I punched one of them in the nose and he had to go to the hospital. I got suspended for a few weeks, but they never called me Alexis again.

The woman stared at me, looked at the circle that I was sitting in, and stared at me again. She looked completely shocked. I heard her voice inside my head, which startled me. [Alexis? Can you here me?] She said.

[I can hear you.] Said the voice that I had heard earlier. I guess that she was Alexis, and it must have been her body I was in.

[Thank heavens. How did this happen?] The woman asked Alexis.

[Lizzie promised that we would use the magic book together, but it turned out that all she wanted was for me to be a possession doll. And now look at me, nothing but a thought inside someone’s head.] Alexis began to sniffle, and I thought that she might burst into tears. But luckily, she controlled herself.

[Hush now, you’re safe. Now all we have to do is make this spirit return to it’s home.] The woman gave me a glare, and I cringed again. She chanted a few words, and then put her palm on my head. I was prepared for anything, but there was no reaction. Not even a tingle. She looked at her palm, and then looked back at me. “How did you do that?” She asked wonderingly.

“What did I do? You were the one who tried to eject me out of this body.” I said, and cringed again at the glare she gave me. I don’t think that I’ll ever get used to that.

“Spirit, I command you to leave, before I have to take force!” She bellowed, and I cringed again. Man, she was really intimidating.

“As I told all the other girls,” I gestured around the room, “I don’t know how to get out of this body.” This time I looked her straight in the eye.

She looked at me for a few seconds, pondering, and then said, “Well, this is certainly unfortunate. I can’t force you out of her body using one of my stronger spells, seeing as you are still a birthing spirit. You better come with me. And girls,” She looked around the room, “You had better come with me too, or I will be forced to execute you here and now.” The girls came out from their hiding spots, and nervously followed her. I stood up and followed her as well.

While we were walking, I got a general idea of where I was. It appeared to be a school, but there were no men anywhere. Even the construction workers who were repairing a building were woman. As I looked around, I could see that we were surrounded by various buildings, all different styles. There weren’t many people around, so I assumed that classes were in session. We arrived at our destination; a small log cabin. The woman knocked on the door, and I heard a voice say, “Come in.” The door opened, and we all walked in.

Once we were inside, I gasped. On the outside, it was a log cabin, but on the inside, it was a vast mansion. Servants (all woman) were walking about, tending to the needs of the household. We walked up a grand spiral staircase and went into a comfortable-looking waiting room. “Sit.” The woman said, and we all sat down. “Good. Now, while you’re in this room, you are not to stand up, you are not to talk, and most importantly, you are not to leave this room.” And with that, she strode away.

***

We waited for what seemed like hours, but were probably only minutes. The girls all looked around nervously, not daring even to whisper. It was like they thought the walls had ears. For all I knew, the walls could have had ears. After what I’d been through, I was ready to believe almost anything.

After another few minutes, the woman came back. “The Master will see you now.” She said, and motioned for us to follow her. We stood up, and walked out of that room. The room she lead us too was about as big as the last room, only a lot more messy. There were dirty laundry and dishes all over the floor, and the curtains were stained and torn. The rug was equally stained, and overall it looked as if it hadn’t been cleaned in years.

And one of the exceptionally ragged couches, there was a young girl. She looked to be about 10, but her eyes scared me even more than the other woman’s. Her eyes were a shining purple, and bright enough that I bet they could have glowed in a dark room. She looked like she had just gotten out of bed, as well. The woman knelt before her, and motioned us to do so as well. We all knelt, and I couldn’t help but feel stupid kneeling for someone who hasn’t even reached puberty. “You may rise. Helen, you are dismissed.” She addressed the comment to the woman with blue eyes, whose name was apparently Helen.

“But Master, what if something happens? They’ve had at least a week to practice using that spellbook...” Helen looked really nervous.

“Don’t worry. There is nothing in that book I cannot handle. Now go so I can discuss the punishment of these miscreants.” The girl grinned evilly when she said the word ‘miscreant’, and I was afraid of what she would do.

“Yes Master.” Helen said, and left the room.

“Good, now we can get on with business.” The girl clapped her hands together, and we all sat down in chairs that appeared behind us. I couldn’t remember sitting down, one moment I was standing up, the next I was in this ragged chair. “Lizzie, return the book before I turn you into dust.” Lizzie stood up and took out the book, looking more nervous than physically possible. The girl snatched the book away, and then put it next to her. “Well, you girls have gotten in a lot of trouble. Now how should I punish you? Should I make it so you will puke 5 seconds after you eat anything? Or how about making you not ever be able to put clothes on? Or maybe I could just take away your powers and send you to Vegas wearing hooker clothes?”

Lizzie and the others were cowering in fear. I was cowering in fear as well, even if she wasn’t referring to me. Better safe than sorry, my mom used to say. “But... but... but Master, we didn’t mean to do anything wrong. It was all her idea!” Lizzie pointed at me, and I nearly jumped out of my chair. “She was the one who convinced us to steal the book, so she could use it to...”

The girl (maybe I should refer to her as the Master) the Master interrupted. “I know perfectly well what happened. You stole the book in an attempt to summon a great spirit, knowing perfectly well that you had to get someone to be the possession doll. So you tricked Alexis here to be the possession doll, and then forced her into the circle. Well, I think that you and your friends are the ones who deserve punishment. Now what should I do... Oh, I know! You’re name’s Lizzie, right? How about I turn you into a lizard? Lizzie the lizard! It has a ring to it, don’t you think?” The Master giggled, and for a second I thought that she was joking. But her next action proved that she wasn’t even close to joking.

She pulled a piece of cotton off the couch, and chanted a few words. The Master then flicked the cotton at Lizzie, who was still cowering in fear, and then there was a flash of light. I looked where Lizzie was, but instead of her sitting there, there was a lizard. The lizard opened it’s mouth like it was trying to scream, but all that came out was a hissing sound. The other girls screamed, and looked like they were trying to get out of their seats, but they were stuck. While all this was happening, the Master was laughing her head off. When the Master finally regained her composure, the girls were crying quietly.

“Okay, what should I do with the rest of you?” She giggled at the rime she made, and then picked up five more pieces of cotton. “Let’s see... I’ll make you a guinea pig, you a ferret, you a chickadee, you a cat, and you a goldfish.” She flicked a piece of cotton at each in turn, and they turned into the animals that she specified. Thankfully, the one who turned into a goldfish also had a bowl of water. The Master then looked at me.

“What should I do with you...?” She began mumbling to herself. After the Master finished mumbling, she looked me in the eye. “I know! Since you still don’t know how to be a spirit yet, I’ll send you back to heaven! Bye-bye!” She walked over to me and placed her hand on my forehead. I waited for something to happen, but all that happened was her making a frown. “Wait, how is that possible...? Why can’t you leave that body...?”

At this point, I felt inclined to respond. “Umm... Helen tried the same thing, and it didn’t work.” The Master looked at me curiously.

“That’s weird. Now what do I do...? This has never happened in known history...” She sat there pondering for a time. While she was pondering, I heard Alexis thinking to me.

[Did you hear her? It’s never happened in known history. Does this mean I’ll be stuck like this forever?] She said in a sad voice.

[Don’t worry, I’ll find a way to get out of your body.] I replied, although I wasn’t exactly sure how.

“Aha! I’ve got it!” The Master shouted with a huge grin. “I’ll let you live in the life of Alexis till we can solve this problem. Isn’t it brilliant?”

Both Alexis and I simultaneously shouted, “WHAT!?”

“Don’t worry; I’ll make sure that nobody knows that there’s someone possessing Alexis’s body. I’ll just cast a simple memory spell to make everyone forget what happened today when they go to bed. Except you, of course. I’ll send someone to train you how to be a spirit. Think of it as an adventure! You can get out now, and take Lizzie with you. She’s your new pet, so I expect you to take care of her.”

[This sucks! I can’t have my body back, and now I have to take care of a stupid lizard. This is the worst day of my life!] I conveyed Alexis’s message to the Master, who just laughed.

“Don’t worry; this won’t be the worst day of your life. The worst day of your life will be when someone discovers that you’re being possessed by a spirit, and then you will be mocked and scorned for the rest of your life, or till you graduate. Which ever comes first. You’re dismissed.” As we left the room, she yelled at us, “Don’t forget to feed Lizzie!”

***
[What am I going to do?] Alexis moaned in my head. [I’m never going to get my body back! That stupid Master is probably going to make sure of that, just so she can amuse herself.]

[Don’t worry, we’ll get out of this situation somehow. Hopefully.] I absentmindedly stroked Lizzie, who in return bit me. “Ow!” I yelped. I lifted Lizzie up by her tail. “Lizzie, if you want this to work, you’re going to have to behave. If you bite me one more time, I’ll light you on fire and see how well you burn.” It was a harsh threat, I admit, but that bite hurt. It did shut Lizzie up, though. I realized that I had no idea where I was going, and just walking around aimlessly. [Umm... Alexis, can you tell me where you’re room is?]

***

When we got to the dorm, a girl ran up to me. “Alexis!” She squealed, and gave me a big hug.

“Umm... hi?” I answered, and in my mind I asked Alexis, [Who is this girl?]

[She’s my best friend Stacy. We’ve known each other since 3rd grade, and we came to the Sorceress Academy at the same year.]

[Sorceress Academy?]

[I’ll explain later. For now, focus on getting away from Stacy.]

“Are you okay? The whole school is buzzing with the news that you were going to cast a spell with Lizzie to possess someone. It’s not true, is it?” Stacy gazed at me questioningly, and made me feel nervous again. It wasn’t power this time, but simply curiousness that threatened to become my undoing.

“No, it’s not true.” I said, and really hoped that she would believe me.

“Oh, good. Hey why are you carrying a lizard around?” She peered down at Lizzie, who hissed at her. “Eek!” She squealed, and jumped back.

“Lizzie...” I said threateningly to Lizzie, who glanced away.

“Wait, did you call that lizard Lizzie? Is that... Lizzie? Ohmygod, its Lizzie! What are we going to do?” Stacy was in a panic, and I was inwardly panicking as well. If she discovered that the lizard actually was Lizzie, she might figure out that I was not actually Alexis, and then... I didn’t even want to think of what would happen then.

“Don’t worry, it’s not actually Lizzie. I just named her Lizzie, because it seemed fitting for a lizard.” I lied.

“Oh thank god.” She said, and looked relieved. “Oh wait, I get it! Lizzie the lizard. Hehehe!” She giggled, then looked at her watch. “Ohmygod, I’m going to miss my show! Do you want to come watch it with me?” She asked me.

“No, I think I’ll pass today. I have to... umm... study. Yeah, I have to study for tomorrow. See you later!” I said as I walked away. [Jeez, that was close.]

[Thank god that nothing went wrong.] Alexis said, sounding very relieved.

[Yes, thank god.] I agreed. When we got to her room, I took the time to survey the place. It was a small room, with a bed on one side and a desk on the other. There was a door to what I assumed was the bathroom. There was a small fridge next to the desk, and a dresser full of clothes. I realized that since I was in a girl’s body, I would have to dress like a girl too. It was then that I realized what I was wearing.

I was in a skirt. I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed before. I was also wearing a bra and panties, which were surprisingly comfortable. I also had glasses, but that didn’t really shock me that much. I mean, boys had glasses too, right? I took the glasses off, and was surprised that I could see without them on. [Why do you wear glasses if you can see without them?] I asked Alexis.

[I can see without my glasses? This is amazing! I’ve had to wear glasses since I was 7, and now I can see without them? Maybe this is an effect of possession...] Alexis sounded really exited. I guess I would be too, if I had discovered that I could see without the glasses that I’d needed for 9 years.

[I agree, but we should keep the glasses on for now. We need to make it look like we’re Alexis.] And I definitely didn’t want to not look like Alexis, even if it might embarrass me.

[Aww, come on! We can still take them off when we’re in here alone, right?] Alexis said with a pouty voice.

[Yeah, we can. But we still have to be careful. Now what should we do about Lizzie...?] As soon as I finished that thought, I saw a heated lizard tank in the corner of the room. It hadn’t been there when I looked around before. [Why do you have an empty lizard tank in your room?] I asked Alexis.

[I don’t. I bet the Master sent this while we were away.] She replied. I put Lizzie in the tank, and found a plastic container of worm-like bugs next to the tank. [I wonder what those are...] said Alexis. I wondered as well, but I turned around the container, it said, ‘Lizzie Food’.

[I guess that we’re supposed to feed her these bugs.] I said back to Alexis. I picked up one of the bugs, and put it in the tank. Lizzie pounced on it without thinking, and swallowed it whole. Then, realizing what she just did, Lizzie spit the bug back out. Both Alexis and I had a good laugh over that, while Lizzie hissed in our direction.

***

It was probably going to be one of the greatest challenges that I had ever faced. One that made me shiver in fear at the very thought of it, made me tremble so hard that the building shook (at least, it felt that way). It chilled me to the bone, and made me almost wet myself. I had to do something that had never been done by man:

I had to change clothes in a girl’s body.

[Please don’t make this a bigger problem than it has to be.] Begged Alexis, but I could tell that she was about as nervous as me. Letting me see her naked body would probably be very embarrassing for her, I doubt that she had ever let anyone (possibly excluding her parents) see it.

[How would you feel if you had to change clothes in a boy’s body?] I responded.

[I guess that it would be awkward, but please try not to do anything embarrassing.] She begged me, and I wasn’t planning to. If I tried to do anything embarrassing with her body, it would probably embarrass me tenfold.

I took off our shirt, and she shivered mentally. Next I took off our skirt, and slid it down our legs. It was kind of strange that I thought of it as our body instead of my body, but I guess that that’s what you get for having someone else’s conscious inside your body. I took off our panties, and then slid my hands up her back to her bra. I somehow knew subconsciously how to undo it, so I didn’t bother to ask Alexis. Maybe the subconscious thing was part of the possession, I don’t know. But either way, the possession proved to have some benefits.

After I finished taking off all our clothes, I realized that we were completely naked. I blushed, but got on what I had to do. I put on our nightgown, and we went to bed. [I was surprised how well that went.] I told Alexis.

[Yeah, me to.] She replied. Then with a sigh, she said, [Well, I better get to explaining.]

[Explaining what?] I asked her.

[Why we’re in a sorceress school, of course.] She said, as if it was obvious.

[Oh.] Was all I could come up with.

[Anyways, here’s how it happened...]

Notes:
This is the first part of my story, and probably the best story I’ve ever written. Sorry if it feels a bit rushed, but this is my first time writing something that isn’t really rushed, and I think that I did a pretty good job with it. Feel free to be as critical as you want about this, I don’t mind harsh comments. The second part should be out in about a week or so.

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good First Story

If you are worried, don't be. Welcome to the Author's Club at Big Closet.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I see no reason for being critical here.

This one is actually pretty entertaining so far. You've established your character(s) well enough, have an entertainingly smart aleck one to boot and a situation that just begs for more funny things to happen.

No need to apologize...

And certainly not that both the beginning and end of the story. I found
this to be clever and entertaining. Thank you.

Sarah Lynn

I like it too!

I don't so much like magic as such in this story, but I do like the humor in it. Perhaps in the next part even the magic makes more sense with an explanation. It would also be nice to know whether the original Alex died (it seems so).

As everyone else wrote there is absolutely nothing to apologize in this story. The storyline goes forward in a nice tempo and there aren't any mistakes that I spotted (not that I ever look for those). The story is also original enough to be interesting so I am really looking forward to the next parts.

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

my first post at bc cool!!

my first post at bc cool!! anyway i don't think you rush anything in this story i am looking forword to the next chapters to this story it will be interesting to see these two souls shairing one body kind of like a cross between harry potter/all of me [sorry my spelling was never any good]

I'm not sure I'd consider

I'm not sure I'd consider this to be the best story I've ever read, but it is better than average in my opinion. Bear in mind that this includes every book (including published books), not just stuff posted online.

The only character I don't like is the "Master". Leaving aside the form she chooses to appear in (as someone who can so easily transform others, there's no reason she couldn't also change herself), her punishments seemed awfully capricious, even for stealing a powerful magical book. If you haven't already written it in, you should definitely include the rationale for such a harsh punishment as to turn the girls into animals.

Maybe that's the reason

her punishments seemed awfully capricious

I figured that was deliberate, the being inhabiting this girl's body has absolutely no trace of humanity, and enjoys torturing people for the sheer sadistic knowledge that he/she/it can. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and all that. Several of the girls seemed no better, just look at what they were trying to get from the Great Spirit they thought they'd called. Evil doesn't have to have a rationale, it just is.

Leaving aside the form she chooses to appear in (as someone who can so easily transform others, there's no reason she couldn't also change herself)

I suspect that is also deliberate. Everybody normally looks at a young girl and goes "ahhhh". To have such evil manifested by someone who looks so innocent would be a psychic shock to many.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Those are both good arguments.

It'll be interesting to see how they pan out.

I especially agree about the selfishness part. While a bit of honest selfishness is healthy, it's never a smart idea to summon up a spirit to possess one of your friends merely so you can get magic power.

Definitely not a "Harry

Definitely not a "Harry Potter" story :) It is, however very interesting and I do hope you will continue it. Are there punishments the girls received long term or just for a short period to teach them all a lesson? J-Lynn

Great First Story

I found this story to be quite entertaining, and isn't that supposed to be why it is here? The plot tool to get our hero(ine) into the predicament seems to be new and original, so KUDOs for that. I think that it would have benefited from some additional editing, hopefully finding and correcting a few errors such as saying "you're" when the context needs to say "your". etc. However I see that same error cropping up in even experienced authors works. For an early effort, it is great (IMHO) and I look forward for the continuation. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Avid Reader

Complaints

I understand your complaints, and I promise that most of it will be explained in the next part. I don't want for people to start a flame war here, so you don't have to respond to other people's comments, the good or the bad. I can't stop you if you want to, but keep in mind that most of it will be explained in the next chapter, so you shouldn't get upset if someone says something makes no sense.

Good Start

There seems to be a lot in this first chapter that eventually needs to be clarified. As you indicated, the next chapter will clarify the situation. You essentially set up the story, not always an easy task, and introduced the main characters. Not giving answers is a great way to get readers to come back for answers.

I'm most interested in how alex/alexis will work together. Will the possession make each stronger and better?

Keep writing.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

I enjoyed reading part 1

Frank's picture

I don't have any complaints, and my interpretation was that its a different realm than Alex's and they aged backwards.

Hugs

Frank

Hugs

Frank