Unfinished Business Part 3

Printer-friendly version


Unfinished Business Part 3
Thanks again to Don for the editing genius!

Ingrid dropped her keys on the counter, then sat down on one of the bar stools.   She shrugged out of her coat, pulling her cigarettes and lighter out of the pocket and dropping them next to the keys.   Ingrid put her head in her hands and rubbed her forehead.   She didn't know exactly what she was going to do about anything right now.   She sat there for a little while, listening to the gentle hum of the refrigerator.   Finally she got up, grabbed her cigarettes and the last Smirnoff Ice from the fridge and headed to the bathroom.  

                                                                                   
She set the stuff on the counter and started running a bath.   She felt like she was in a daze as she stripped out of her clothes.   Once she settled into the bath, the hot water and aroma-therapy bath beads relaxed her and made her feel quite better.   her mind, which had been racing, slowed down to a crawl.   Closing her eyes, she thought about the last few days.   It had been wonderful.   She thought about Friday night, about yesterday with Bradley, and about this morning before she'd let reality creep in and ruin everything.

Ingrid sighed and laid her head back on the edge of the tub.   She lit a cigarette and laid there, trying hard to sort out her thoughts.   She put out her cigarette and smiled.   Ingrid had a plan.

She picked up her phone and dialed Emily.   Emily picked up on the fourth ring.  

"Hey, hon." Emily said.   "What's up?"

"Hi darling.   Is there any way that I can have the house to myself until about eleven?   Please?"   Ingrid said.

"Ok.   Are you ok?" She asked.

"I'm ok...I'll tell you about it later.   I don't want to talk about it on the phone, honey." Ingrid said.

"Ok hon...See you tonight." Emily said.   "I'll find something to do."

"Bye hon." Ingrid said, then made kissing noises.

At a couple of minutes after eight, the doorbell rang.   Ingrid walked over and opened the door.   Bradley was standing on the porch, holding a shopping bag.   "Hi." Ingrid said.  

"Hi." Bradley croaked.  

Ingrid was standing in the doorway, wearing only a robe.   She took a cheek hollowing drag from her cigarette, then slowly exhaled.   "Come on in." she said, then turned and walked through the kitchen.  

Bradley closed the door and followed her inside.   She let the robe drop as she entered the living room.   Bradley stopped and watched her walk.  

"The view is very nice from back here." he said, taking off his coat and dropping it on a chair.  

The living room was lit by a few candles and a roaring fire was burning in the fireplace.   Ingrid laid down on the floor in front of the hearth.   She looked down at her body.   She was wearing only a bra and panties.   In the firelight, it was impossible to tell that her silicone breasts didn't exactly match her skin tone.   She stubbed out her cigarette and looked over at him.

"Come here." she said, patting the floor next to her.  

Bradley sat down next to her and started to speak.   She put her finger to his lips.   "Lets not talk right now, Bradley." she said, then pulled him down and started kissing him.   He wrapped his arms around her and the two of them laid there, kissing and grinding on one another for quite a while.      Finally, They pulled apart and took a break for a minute.   Bradley reached into the shopping bag and pulled out a couple of beers, opening one for himself and one for Ingrid.   The clinked the bottles together then both drank.

"Danke." Ingrid said, sitting up.   "I was parched."   She pulled a cigarette out of her pack.   Bradley had his lighter lit before she even had it to her lips.   She put her hand on his to steady his hand and lit her cigarette.   "Always the gentleman." she said, smiling.

He smiled at her.   It hurt Ingrid to see the sadness in his eyes, though.   He'd been thinking about their conversation this afternoon as much as she had and had more than likely come to the same decision.  

"You are beautiful." he said, more as an affirmation than a compliment.

Ingrid cast her eyes downward.   "Thank you, Bradley.   So are you." she said, raising her gaze to meet his.   The two lovers kissed again, a sweet kiss, but one tinged with longing.

They finished their beers and Ingrid finished her cigarette, then they started kissing once more. The kissing got more serious and they started exploring one another bodies again, touching, fondling and caressing.   Finally, they were both naked, entwined in one another's arms.   Ingrid looked into his eyes, then kissed him.

"I want you to make love to me, Bradley." she said quietly.

"Are you sure?" he asked, sounding a little scared.   "But, what if..." he started.   She kissed him again and cut it off.  

"No...Not yet." she said, then took his huge erection in her hand.   "Will you?" she asked, stroking him lightly.

Bradley closed his eyes.   His libido was at war with his conscience.   He didn't answer, he just kissed her again and wrapped his arms around her.   Ingrid reached up onto the coffee table and grabbed the tube of lube.   She squeezed some onto her hand then rubbed it onto his shaft, wiping what was left on her anus.

She guided the tip up to touch her tightly puckered hole, then slowly pushed onto it.   Bradley gasped as the tip of his penis passed her sphincter.   Ingrid sharply took in breath, then rocked up to let it come out.   It felt immense, even after she had pleasured herself earlier with the dildo to make it easier.   But she was committed to this course of action and lowered herself again onto his cock, taking it in deeper this time.   Bradley moaned.

"Wow..." he said.   "That feels fantastic."

Ingrid smiled at him, then kissed him deeply, impaling herself fully on him.   It took a lot of effort, but finally he was inside her.   It hurt, but she knew that would pass.   After a few seconds of kissing, she started rocking back and forth, letting him slide in and out, just a little bit.   It took about five minutes of that before she was ready to really give it a go.   Ingrid gritted her teeth and started taking longer strokes, letting him slide almost all the way out before thrusting her hips back down on him until her ass slapped against his thighs.   It felt amazing.   She felt more like a woman than she ever had before as she rode him.   He penis was hard now, bobbing up and down as she rode.   She reached down and took hold of it, stroking it a couple of times.   The sensation was electric.  

Bradley was really getting into it now and started matching her rhythm, thrusting on her downstroke.   He put one hand on her hip, then moved her hand off her penis with his other hand.   He took it in his grip and started gently working it as she rode, letting go of all his inhibitions and living in the moment.

The sensation was too much for Ingrid, who took one more thrust and came on his belly.   It was a thin stream but the release was fantastic.   She moaned through ragged breaths, stopping for a moment.   Bradley let her rest for a second, pausing to catch his own breath and let his excitement drop so he could keep going.   Ingrid extricated herself from his cock, which caused her to moan with pleasure and quiff at the same time.   She got on all fours, then reached back and stroked his leg.   It didn't take a formal invitation for Bradley.   He got up on his knees and worked his cock slowly back into her.   Ingrid moaned loudly as he slipped it in.   Then he started fucking her, slowly at first, taking long deliberate strokes.

"Harder." Ingrid said through gritted teeth.

Bradley started fucking her hard, his thighs slapping loudly against her ass.  

"I'm going to cum!" he said, after a couple of minutes.  

Ingrid reached back and wrapped her hand behind him, pushing him on.   He got the idea and started going with renewed vigor.   "uggghhhh." he yelled as he came.

Ingrid felt him thrust, then hesitate.   Then she felt the warm semen splashing into her.   She smiled and looked back at him. She could still feel his penis quivering as he emptied his load into her.      She laid down on her belly, and he laid down next to her, letting his penis slide out.   Ingrid was breathing heavy and sweating.   She could feel a trickle of cum running out of her now gaping sphincter.

"Thank you, Bradley." she purred.   "Now, you have made a woman out of me."

He was panting hard, laying on his side.   Bradley laughed.   "No...Thank you." he said. then exhaled loudly through pursed lips.

Ingrid grabbed the towel she had put next to the chair and laid it on her butt, then rolled onto her side.   She pulled out a cigarette and lit it.   The nicotine rush, combined with the after sex feeling was quite potent.   She also felt relief.   She had been worried that she would feel guilty, or wrong after having sex, but she didn't.   She just felt good.   Relieved.   Happy.

"Wow." Bradley said, staring at the ceiling.   He looked troubled, but still was basking in the afterglow.

"I know." Ingrid said, smiling at him.   She crawled over to him and lay on his chest.   She could feel the sweat on his body and hear his heartbeat as she laid there smoking her cigarette.   After a while Ingrid finally spoke.

"Thank you for doing that for me." she said quietly.   "I knew it was my only chance."

Bradley lifted his head up and looked at her.   "What?" he sounded puzzled.

"I knew it was my only chance.   That's why I wanted to do it." She said, then propped herself up on her elbow.   "I know that you are not going to see me any more after this weekend, Bradley.   You have a future that getting mixed up with me could ruin.   I understand that fully."

He shook his head.   "No..."   he started, but she cut him off.

"Bradley.   It's ok." she said, showing her open palm to him in a classic talk to the hand gesture.   "It is best for you.   If it gets found out that you and I had relations...It would ruin you.   I'm already ruined so I have nothing to lose." she said, her voice thick with sadness.

"But, what if I want to see you?" he said, sounding hurt.  

"You may want to...But you won't." she said, smiling at him.   "I know you have thought this through, Bradley.   You are very smart.   I told you I am going to come out and live as a woman full time as soon as I graduate.   People will talk.   I cannot put you through that!" she said, and she meant it.

"I don't care what they say!" he said defensively.   "I'm my own man, Ingrid!"

"I know, Bradley.   I know.   But it would not be accepted." she said, sitting up.   She put out her cigarette and lit another.   Bradley sat up, and always the gentleman, grabbed a beer for himself, but handed her one first.

"Bradley...Darling.   What do you see when you look at me?" She said.

"I see a beautiful woman." he said resolutely.

She smiled.   "yes.   But what I am, right now at least, is a boy with a woman's haircut and make up." she said, stressing boy.   "They..." she said, gesturing towards they outside world.   "Will only think that when it all comes out.   They will say you are gay,   Bradley.   That will ruin your college soccer career, honey!"   She shook her head.   "I will not be responsible for that.   Now, if it comes out that we went out, you can deny knowing.   It will not hurt me if you do." she said.

"But, I ...." he said, then fell silent.   He knew she was telling the truth.  

"We had something wonderful, Bradley.   Truly wonderful.   But, it is a dream." she said, then leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips.   "A beautiful dream." she said, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Bradley held her for a while.   "I think I love you, Ingrid." he said softly.

"I love you too Bradley" she whispered back.

They didn't speak again. Bradley got up and dressed.   Ingrid pulled on her robe an walked with him to the door.   He stopped and turned.   Ingrid looked into his eyes, then shook her head.   He looked like he was on the verge of tears, and Ingrid was sure she was.   She flew into his arms and kissed him deeply, one last time.   Then she broke the kiss, tears cascading down her cheeks.   She put her hand on his chest and pushed slightly.   He nodded, then opened the door and walked out.   When the door closed, Ingrid collapsed   on the floor in tears.

Emily opened the door quietly.   The house was dark, so she thought Ingrid was asleep.   She put her keys on the counter and laid her coat on the stool.   She noticed the low glow of firelight coming from the living room and peered in, not wanting to disturb Ingrid.   She saw Ingrid then, sitting on the floor naked.   She was smoking a cigarette and staring into the fire.

"Ingrid." Emily said, stepping into the room.

Ingrid looked up at her, and she could see by the firelight that her makeup was a mess and that she had been crying.  

"Ingrid...What did he do to you?" She said, dropping to her knees next to her.   "Did he hurt you?" Emily asked.

"No." Ingrid said quietly.   She told the whole story to Emily.   She broke down and cried, which made Emily cry with her.   It took several hours to get the whole thing out.  

"I'm so sorry." Emily said, feeling somehow responsible for the whole thing.

"Why?" Ingrid said.   "I had a wonderful weekend with one of the most popular and handsome guys at the school.   I lost my virginity, well, as a woman anyway, in a fantastic, romantic way..." she shrugged and wiped her eyes.   "It just doesn't have a happy ending."

Emily hugged her tight.   "I'm sorry baby. You've had so many bad things happen in your life." she kissed Ingrid on the hair.

"I have had bad things happen, Emm...True.   But I'm blessed in so many ways.   I have a friend like you.   And is the best thing that could happen to me." Ingrid said, breaking down into tears again and dragging Emily with her.

It was a long night, and neither of the girls got much sleep.   They ended up sleeping together in the master bedroom, holding one another all night long.   In the morning, they got up and dressed then cleaned up the Condo.   Neither of them spoke much, they just let things be.   Finally, They had the SUV loaded and were ready to leave.   Ingrid stopped and dropped the keys off in the box at the office and they were on the road.

They stopped and grabbed some breakfast at a diner.   Both of them were famished and the food and coffee did them a lot of good.   Within a few minutes they were both laughing and Ingrid realized, were having fun.   Emily told her about her date with Mark and she was very happy that the two of them hit it off.   They would be seeing each other once they got back to Arlington, unlike her and Bradley.

The ride back was pleasant enough, as they left the snow of the mountains behind for the gray, rainy sky of Arlington.   Ingrid dropped off Emily around ten o'clock in the morning.

"Alright hon." Ingrid said.   "Thanks for this weekend...It was fantastic.   Like   dream."

"Thank you baby." Emily said, then leaned over and gave her a hug.   "I'll see you tomorrow?"

Ingrid nodded.   "Barring any crisis..yes.   I"m going to tell my Aunt and Uncle about me today...I''ll let you know how it goes." she said, attemtping a smile.   "It will be nice to not have to lie any more."

Emily squeezed her tight.   "I' m here if you need me."  

Ingrid drove to her house and dropped off her ski stuff.   She dialed Uncle Frank's number.   He picked up on the second ring.

"Hi Rich." he said.   "I was just thinking about calling you."

Ingrid smiled.   She could hardly think of herself as Richard right now.   "Hi Uncle Frank." he said in German, not even bothering to try to sound masculine.

Frank paused for a second,then continued in German.   "What's up?"

Ingrid took a deep breath.   "Can you meet me for lunch?" she asked.   "At that bar and grill you took me too last time we had lunch?"

Uncle Frank paused.   She heard keys tap.   "Yes, I can now.   Noon?" he said. "You ok?"

She nodded, then realized she had to speak.   "Yeah.   I just need to talk to you alone." Ingrid said.

"Noon then." Uncle Frank said.   "Bye sport."   he said in English.

"Bye." Ingrid said in English, then hung up the phone.

She dropped her bags on the floor next to the bed.   She had time to change clothes and get on the road if she was going to get there by noon.   She stripped out of her jeans and changed into a dress.   She'd given a lot of thought into what she was going to wear and settled on a black, Prada shift dress she'd picked up last week with her trade ins.   It had a fine jewel neckline and little cap sleeves.   It was elegant but simple, coupled with a pair of black tights and her   Prada tall, black leather boots.   She liked the heel on them, but they weren't too tall.  

Ingrid did her make up, going for sophisticated, not tarty.   She did smoky eyes in shades of brown and cream then topped the look off with a rich, burgundy lipstick.   She brushed her hair out, really liking the fact that all it took was a little brushing to make this style work.   She put on her little Channel glasses, grabbed her black puffer coat and purse and was out the door.  

She got to the Bar and Grill at about ten minutes after twelve.   She didn't want to get their early, plus she had to stop at a store and pick up a pack of cigarettes anyway.   She checked her make-up, then got out of the car.   Ingrid was terrified as she walked up to the door of that restaurant.   She took a deep breath and opened the door.   It was dimly lit inside, and not terribly crowded.   She looked around, trying to spot Uncle Fred.   He was sitting at a table in the back of the bar looking at his menu.   Ingrid started walking towards him, painfully aware of how loud her heels sounded in the quiet restaurant.

Uncle Fred looked up at her.   His eyes met with hers and she thought, for a moment, that she saw fear there.   He looked at her then blinked hard.   She stopped at his table, using all her courage not to just run away.   Fred stood up, a very puzzled, strange expression on his face.

Ingrid set her purse down, then sat on the bench.

"Hello Uncle Fred." Ingrid said quietly.   She didn't use the German accent, but even without it Ingrid sounded like a woman.   A woman older than sixteen, but a woman nonetheless.

Fred looked at her for a second then spoke.   "You must be my niece, Ingrid. " he said.

"Ms. Byrum?" Ingrid said, raising a finely manicured eyebrow.

Fred nodded.   "You hungry?" He said calmly.

"That's it?" She asked incredulously.   "

Fred chuckled.   "No.   That's not it.   But it's a good place to start." he said.

Ingrid blushed and felt saved by the bell as a waiter came over to the table.

"Ok." he said, putting a glass down on the table for Fred.   "One Jamison on the rocks for you, and what can I get you miss?" he said, handing her the wine list.

"My niece isn't twenty one yet." Fred said firmly.

Ingrid smiled. "I'll have a glass of water and a coffee, please?"

"Sure thing, miss." he said, his eyes lingering on her for a second before he turned to get the drinks.

Fred sipped his whisky and water, collecting his thoughts.   Ingrid took the moment to reach into her handbag.   She pulled out a cigar and placed it in front of Uncle Fred, then laid her cigarettes and lighter on the table.   "I figured you might need that." she said, then pulled out a cigarette of her own and lit it.

He picked up the cigar.   It was a Cohiba Gigantes, a fine cigar.   He looked at Ingrid.   She was resting her elbow on the table, with her wrist cocked, her cigarette held loosely in her fingers.   With the black Prada dress, and the glasses it was like seeing his little sister again.   Like seeing a ghost.

"Well..." he said, unwrapping the cigar.   "I can't fault your taste, Ingrid...In cigars, or clothes.   You..." he started.   "You look so much like your mother.   It scared me when you walked in.   I thought I was seeing a ghost." he said, a slight smile on his lips.

"Danke." she said, blushing.

The waiter came and took their order.   Ingrid ordered a club sandwich, Fred ordered a steak.   As soon as he was gone, Fred leaned back and took a puff of his cigar.   He looked over at   her and said in German.   "So...Tell me the whole story.   Everything." he said calmly.

Ingrid paused for a moment to take a nervous drag.   She was collecting her thoughts, trying to think of how to start.   She decided, to just start at the beginning.   She left out the more sordid bits of   her tale, but in essence, she told him everything.   Their food showed up while she was talking, so they talked and ate.   Eventually ,with lunch finished, Fred re-lit his cigar.   Ingrid lit a cigarette and took a sip of her coffee.   Fred hadn't said much, only asking questions for clarification here and there.

"So..." she finally said in English.   "How much trouble am I in?"

Fred chuckled.   "Well...You aren't in trouble, per se.But there are going to be some consequences.   One.   You will not be spending as much time alone at the old house.   Two, we are going to have to tell your Aunt about this.   And three, well...You are grounded until after Christmas." he said calmly.

"That's it?" she said, relief washing over her.   "I thought for sure I'd be dead."

"What?" he said.   'Do I seem that unreasonable to you?" he said, sounding quite indignant.   "No.   Your aunt and I love you no matter what.   You are playing the hand you were dealt.   I can't fault you there." he said, then looked at his watch.   "I am going to head back to the office and finish up some work.   I want you at the house tonight at six o'clock. sharp.   We are all going to sit down and talk this out.   Wear what you are wearing, you look very nice."   Fred said standing up.   He put money on the table.   Ingrid stood up.   Fred looked her in the eyes, without having to look down thanks to her heels.   He gave her a hug, then kissed her on the cheek.   "I'll see you tonight then." he said then started to break their embrace.

Ingrid pulled him back in hugging him tightly.   "Thank you Uncle Fred.   I love you so much." she said.

"I love you too." he said, then kissed her on the cheek again.  

She watched as he went out to his car, then she sat back down in the booth.   She noticed he left a little of his Jamison and water in the glass so she picked it up and downed it quickly.   She grimaced, then looked up to see the attractive, college age waiter looking at her.   Ingrid couldn't help but laugh.

"Busted." She said, laughing.

He laughed and waved it off.   "There is no rule in here about finishing your Uncle's drink after he leaves." he walked over and picked up the glass.   "Can I get you anything else?"

She looked down at her coffee cup.   "Could I get one more refill of coffee?" she asked sweetly.   She realized that for the first time, she was dressed as Ingrid and not using the German accent.  

"Sure." he said, picking up the cup. "Be right back."

Ingrid settled back into the booth and lit another cigarette.   Her mind was still racing, coming up with all the worst case scenarios about tonight's talk with Aunt Janet.   She shook her head to clear the crazy thoughts, then chuckled.   Ingrid pulled out her phone and fired off a quick text to Emily telling her that the meeting was done and she was only in mild trouble.   She looked up to see the waiter standing there with her coffee.

"Danke." she said, taking the cup.   "This is good coffee." she said, blowing on the steaming mug.

"It's our Christmas roast..we get it every year." He said, leaning against the support beam next to the booth.   "It's really dead in here today, huh?" he said, taking in the sparse crowd.   "You appear to be the last hold out of the lunch crowd."

Ingrid looked around.   She was indeed the last hold out.   "I guess I am." she said, smiling at him.

He looked at her for a second.   She was taking a drag from her cigarette, then gracefully flicking the ashes in the ashtray.   "Twenty, right?"   He said.

Ingrid looked puzzled.   "Excuse me?" she said, exhaling smoke as she spoke.

He laughed.   'Your uncle said you were "Not yet twenty one" when you first came in.   You're twenty, right?"

Ingrid laughed, then shook her head.   "No, I'm not." she said, grinning at him.   "It's the clothes and make-up." she said.

"Ok...Nineteen?" he asked, looking her up and down.

Ingrid laughed.   "Nope." she said, grinning ear to ear.   "I'll save you the pain.   I'm...." she said, taking a drag.   It gave her time to think about what she was going to say.   Lie or tell the truth.   Lie, she thought.   "...I'm 17." she said.   "Ingrid." she said holding out her hand.

He took it, shaking his head.   "I never would have thought it.   I would have sold you liquor without carding you, Ingrid." he said, laughing.   "Burke."

"Nice to meet you, Burke." Ingrid said, giving him a little smirk.   "Too bad my Uncle was here then." she said with a laugh.  

He chuckled.   "Seventeen huh?" he asked, shaking his head.

"Guilty as charged." she said.

"Damn.   Well, you certainly don't look it." he said.   "You have a...You don't look older, physically." he said.   "It's comportment.   Demeanor."

"Thank you.   I try to be a lady." she said with a smile.

"You are." he said, then looked up as a couple of people came in.   "Well...take your time, Miss Ingrid.   Merry Christmas" he said, then walked off to greet the new customers.

Ingrid was still smiling a few minutes later after that exchange.   He had made her feel much better this afternoon.   She had still never been "clocked" as a transsexual, except by Emily of course, and Bradley had his suspicions, but they both knew her as Richard so it wasn't exactly a fair test.   She'd read a lot of stuff on the Internet about young boys who transitioned to females and most of the time they were just as successful as her.   Since Richard had only just started puberty, the gross physical changes hadn't occurred at the time of his "accident."   Then a year and a half after an orchiectomy, his body began to take Ingrid's shape naturally.   She knew that once she started female hormones, the changes would be far more radical.   That thought made her smile.   She could do that now.   Start female hormones.   Start down the path towards woman hood in earnest.  

Ingrid took a last sip of coffee, then got up and put on her coat.   She picked up her purse, checked to be sure everything was there, then headed out.   Burke waved to her as she walked outside.   She returned the wave and got into her car.   Snow was beginning to fall and It was a peaceful drive back to the house, where she killed some time until she had to go meet her Aunt and Uncle for dinner.
                                                                     

At ten minutes until six Ingrid pulled onto the street where she lived with her Aunt and Uncle.   It was hard to think of it as home, since she spent so much time at her real home, but it was home after all.   She stopped the car a block away to finish her cigarette.   She was ready to drop the biggest bombshell in her life on her aunt, but not ready to let her know she was smoking.   Just the thought made her laugh.   She finished her cigarette, popped a couple of pieces of gum in her mouth and gave herself a quick shot of L'Eau Ambree.   Yes, she thought, her Prada addiction knew no bounds.   She laughed, then put the car in drive and turned into their driveway.

Ingrid took a deep breath.   She felt like she was on the verge of hyperventilating so she closed her eyes.   She was fine, she thought, she'd come out to her Uncle.   That should have been harder than this.   She looked up at the house.   The Christmas lights were up, Uncle Fred must have done that over the weekend.   The Tree was shining from the living room window.   It all looked so inviting.   Ingrid steeled herself, and opened the car door.   She walked up to the house, her boots crunching in the new fallen snow.   She stopped in front of the door, unlocked it with her key and stepped inside.   It was nice and warm in the house.   She shook the show off   the fox fur of her hood and pulled it down.   Aunt Janet was standing in the entry way looking at her.   Ingrid swallowed hard.   She was trying to gauge the look on Aunt Janet's face and couldn't read it.   A long moment passed with Ingrid frozen.

"Hi." Ingrid said finally.

Aunt Janet seemed to snap out of her daze.   "Hi...ummm...Ingrid." She said.  

Ingrid took off her coat and hung it up on the coat rack.   Janet was taking it all in, looking for some sign that this was a her nephew and not some niece she had never seen before.   Ingrid's movement's were all so female, her mannerisms so like her mother's.   She was tall, lean, and elegant.   Janet took a step forward and hugged her.   Ingrid melted into her embrace, tears popping instantly into her eyes.   "Thank you, Aunt Janet.   I was so scared." she said, her voice thickening with tears.

Janet just hugged her tighter.   "I know baby.   It must have been so hard for you to do this." she said, tears of her own rolling down her cheeks.   She looked up at Ingrid, since she was not wearing shoes and Ingrid was already five inches taller, she practically towered over her Aunt in those three inch heels.   "You look beautiful." Aunt Janet finally said.   "So elegant, so like your mother."

That did it.   Ingrid broke down completely then.   She sobbed mightily in the light of the Christmas tree.   Just like she had last year when she'd first come here.   Janet led her over to the couch and sat down with her.   Janet held her tightly, letting her cry it out.   Uncle Fred walked into the room and stopped, dead in his tracks, unsure what was going on.   Janet shooed him off, for which he was gratefuland he left quickly.

It took a few minutes for Ingrid to calm down, but finally, she had cried herself out.   She stopped, took off her glasses and wiped at her eyes then looked up at Aunt Janet, who's eyes were also wet with tears.   "I'm sorry..." Ingrid said quietly.

"No apologies." Janet said, squeezing her arm.   "Not now." she said.

Ingrid sniffed, then chuckled. "I must look a mess." she said, wiping at her eyes again.

Janet smiled at her.   "Go ahead and use the bathroom.   We'll wait for you in the dining room." Janet said, patting her on the leg.

Ingrid went in the bathroom.   She laughed, because at least the waterproof mascara and eyeliner worked.   there was hardly any damage to her make up, but her eyes were red and puffy. She neatened everything up and applied some more lipstick, then decided to go ahead and use the toilet while she was there.   She finished and washed her hands.   After a quick fluffing of her hair, she took a deep breath then headed into the dining room.

Fred was seated at the end of the table, with Janet on his right.   The food was already on the table, as were some bottles of wine.   Ingrid took her seat, careful to sweep her skirt under her and sit down gently.   She crossed her ankles and smiled up at her aunt.   Aunt Janet was smiling back at her.   Fred took Janet's plate and gave her some of the Prime Rib, then took Ingrid's then made his own.   He only gave Ingrid a little prime rib, since he knew she hardly ate enough for a fly.

Janet poured each of them a glass of wine and served out the vegetables.   Finally, they were all ready to eat.   Fred took a bite of the prime rib.
"Very good." he said, nodding.   "My compliments to the chef."

Janet laughed.   "I'll make sure I tell him you liked it." she said, taking a bite of her own.  

Ingrid tried the meat and it was very good.   She didn't know what to say, so she didn't say anything.   She was waiting for the other shoe to drop, but no one brought it up during dinner.   They did ask her about skiing, but nothing else.   When everyone was finished eating, Janet topped everyone's wine glass.

"Ingrid...That is a very pretty name, by the way." Janet said, then took a drink of her wine.   "I think I'm ready to hear the whole story now." she said.   "I know you've told Fred already, but he only gave me the most basic brief on it."

Ingrid took a sip of her wine.   "Ok." she said.   Then she told the same story to Aunt Janet she had to Uncle Fred.

When she finished, she felt drained again.   She also felt a little better, since the truth was now on the table.   Janet asked questions, but they were different types of questions than Fred had asked, maybe the difference between a man and a woman, but more likely the difference between an attorney and a CIA agent.

"So.." Janet said, smiling.   "Now I understand why you always changed the subject whenever I brought up the testosterone therapy.   God, It would have been horrible for you if we'd forced you to do it. " she said, reaching across the table to take Ingrid's hand.

"Thank you for being so understanding." Ingrid said.   "I as so scared.   I was scared you would kick me out, or worse. " she said, feeling ashamed.   "I'd read so many horror stories on the internet..."

Janet scoffed.   "Ingrid...This is a different case altogether.   You are a brilliant...person.   You had a situation thrust upon you and dealt with it in the best way you could.   I only hope I would be so smart." she said.

Ingrid smiled and took a drink of her wine.   She was still unused to compliments and found them hard to take.

"You said you had these feelings well before the attack though." Fred said, finally chiming in.

Ingrid nodded.   "I did, but I didn't want to admit them.   And...I guess, you might have figured it out. While I'm in a talking mood...I ..." she started, then gulped.   "I'm gay." she said finally.

Both of them laughed.   "We knew that honey." Janet said, squeezing her hand.   "We knew that before this ever came up."

Ingrid was stunned.   She was only partly sure that she was gay when she'd been Richard all the time.   Now they said they had known all along.

"Really?" she asked, incredulously.

"Yes dear." Janet said, "You paid a lot of attention to men and none to women, except as friends.   I could see the look in your eyes and knew what it meant.   Now..." she smiled.   "Now, it's like you aren't gay...you are a girl who likes boys.   That's perfectly natural, don't you think?" Janet said with a chuckle.

"I guess so...But I am so far from perfectly normal it's not even funny." Ingrid said, smiling.

"That leads me to the next question." Janet said.   "where do we go from here?"

Ingrid took a deep breath.   "I need to start estrogen therapy if I'm to develop..." she started, then went into her plan for transitioning.   She'd done a lot of research, and knew what it would take but couldn't say for sure what medications because the doctors would make that decision.  

"Are you wanting to get a full..Full sex change operation?" Fred finally said, putting it as clearly as he could instead of dancing around the situation.

Ingrid shrugged.   "I don't know." she said.   "I might.   I might not need to.   I have a while to make that call anyway.   That surgery can't be done until I'm eighteen anyway." she said with a little smile.   "So you'll have a half niece for at least that long, maybe longer."

They were quiet for a few minutes, letting it all sink in.   "What are we going to do about school?" Janet said, finally.

Ingrid gulped.   "I want to graduate.   I'm going to suck it up and continue being Richard at school." She said resolutely.

"Are you sure?" Janet asked. "That will be so hard on you."

"It will be no worse than it's been for the last year...At least now, I can be ....I can be "Me" when I get home.   If that's ok with you." Ingrid said.

"I think that would be acceptable.   We were prepared to let you take your GED." Fred said.

"No...I don't want that.   I'm attending one of the best Prep schools on the East Coast.   It will look far better on my college application than a GED." She said.

"But it is a boy's school." Fred said.   "After you....after you change, won't that look odd?"

Ingrid shrugged.   "Uncle Fred, it's not like my history will magically disappear.   People will know that I was once a boy anyway.   It doesn't matter to me.   I want to go to a good university." she said.

"What are you wanting to study?" Janet said.

"I want to be a buyer...Hopefully for one of the big fashion houses.   That, or start my own boutique....I don't know." She said with a shrug.

"That sounds fine." Janet said.  

"You know, your mother always wanted to start her own store.   She was going to call it..." Fred started.

"Runway." Ingrid said.

Fred smiled.   "Yes." he said.   "She was going to open it as soon as you all moved back from Germany."

Ingrid nodded.   "I know.   We talked about it a lot." she said sadly.

"Well, we will support you all the way." Janet said, cutting off the sad moment.   "You have an appointment with your therapist tomorrow, your normal Tuesday appointment.   I think you should go fully dressed and finally come clean with him.   He has told me so many times that you are holding a lot back..Now I know what it was." she said.

Ingrid nodded shyly.   "I didn't want to tell him.   The only person who really knows about me is Emm...And lots of people know Ingrid, but don't know my secret." she said.

"It's almost a new year." Janet said, raising her glass.   "Lets hope it's a good one." she said finally.

"Hear, hear." Fred said, raising his glass.

"Cheers." Ingrid said, then clinked glasses with them.

They all laughed and drank.   Ingrid helped them clear the table then they all went into the living room and had coffee.   It was so nice, Ingrid thought, sitting here dressed the way she wanted to look with her family.   She felt more whole than she had since the accident.   More connected.   At about ten o'clock, Ingrid looked at her watch.

"I need to go back to the house.   I didn't bring anything with me to wash my face, and I don't have any clothes for tomorrow." she said, finally.

Fred looked up at her and nodded.   "Be back by twelve.   Remember, you are grounded after today until after Christmas" He said firmly.

"I know." she said, grinning at him.   "I know."

Janet walked with her to the door.

"One more thing." Janet said as she put on her coat.   "I know you've been smoking."

Ingrid's smile dropped.  

"I can smell it on you.   This isn't the first time.   I don't like you smoking any more than I like your uncle doing it.   Even more so with you." she said sternly.   "I'm not going to give you a lecture, Ingrid, you are smarter than that.   I'm not going to make you stop, you'll just resent me for it.   I can't make you stop.   But I can tell you that you are too young and I'm not going to condone it.   Understand?"

Ingrid nodded.   "I understand."   She leaned over and kissed Janet on the cheek.   "You are like a mother to me, Aunt Janet.   I just didn't want to hurt you."

Janet smiled at her.   "I know.   Now get, you don't have long."

Ingrid got in her Mercedes SUV and started towards the house.   She finally got to have a cigarette, which made her feel much more at ease.   She also realized that she was going to be spending a lot of time at home the next week and it was going to be very hard not smoking.   "Oh, well." she said aloud.   "It will be good for me anyway."

She pulled into the garage then ran upstairs and gathered up her make-up and hygiene products.   She packed a suitcase and a hanging bag with some of her favorite outfits and under-things.   Then she picked through the jewelry to find the accessories to go with the outfits.   Picking shoes was the hardest part, so she settled on eight pairs, plus the boots she had on.   It was like she was going on a trip, she thought, as she took a break to have a cigarette.   This house had become her home again in the last year.   Alone mostly, she'd made peace with it.   Granted, she rarely left this suite, but it was still her home.   She put out her cigarette and picked up her bag.   She took one look back into the room, then turned out the lights and left.
                                         

Ingrid got back to Fred and Janet's house at five minutes to midnight.   She struggled her luggage up to the house and let herself in.   Uncle Fred helped her carry her things up to her room.   She laid the suitcases next to the bed.   Fred gave her a hug, then headed back down the hall to his room. Janet knocked on the door a few minutes later.

"Good night, honey." she said.   "I'll see you in the morning, bright and early.   Your appointment is at ten."   she gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.  

"Night." Ingrid said, then sat down on the end of the bed.

She looked around the room.   There was no sign that anyone actually lived here, and Richard had for the last year.   Sure, there were a few of his things around.   Books on the book case, a few knicknacks on the shelves.   But it didn't look lived in.   She started unpacking her things, putting her perfume bottles and jewelry box on the dresser.   She went in the closet and made room for her hanging items, then made room in the drawers for her other clothes.   She lined her shoes up along the wall by type, then stepped back to inspect her work.   finished, she stripped out of her dress and hung it up, then took off her tights and put them in the hamper.  

She changed panties and took off her bra.   It was funny, she had gotten so used to the weight of the breast-forms that she'd forgotten she was wearing them.   She smiled then put on her nightgown.   While she was washing her face, she thought of the future.   There was something nagging at her, the same thoughts that had been with her since that horrible night. She pushed that night out of her mind. There would be time for that later, she thought.

She looked in the mirror once her face was completely clean.   It was a girl's face.   Without make up, it was the face of a sixteen year old girl, not the face of a young man at all.   He looked for some trace of masculinity, and found little.   His jaw was a little squarer than some women, but with his lean physique it just looked sculptural.   His lips were too thin, he thought, critiquing his face, and his nose was a little wide, like his father's.   But these were problems that many real girls saw in their appearance, so all in all he was not unhappy about his situation.   He took off his headband and headed to bed.
                                                

Ingrid woke up the next morning to her phone alarm. She rolled over and covered her head with a pillow.   It was the first time she'd slept well in weeks, and she just wanted to stay in bed.   She laid there another minute, then dragged herself to the shower.   She washed her hair and ran a razor over her underarms and legs.   Ingrid stood there for a moment, trying to decide on glasses or contacts, decided contacts were the way to go and put them in.   After her hair was dry, she picked through her closet and decided on a white Dior shift dress.   She loved the fabric, and it was without a doubt the most expensive, non-formal dress she owned.   Her mother had picked it up two weeks before they left for Germany and had never even gotten to wear it.   It was like a Christmas present for Ingrid, still wrapped in its Neiman Marcus bag when she found it.

She put it on with her black Prada boots and checked her reflection in the mirror.   It was so chic, and it hugged her body really well.   It was a little loose in the hips and butt, but that was because she had the figure of a stick, she thought.   That would all work itself out, she thought, as she stepped up to the vanity to do her make-up.   She kept it simple, a little mineral powder, simple eyeliner and mascara and a frosted pink lipstick.   It was almost a no make-up look, but not quite.   She brushed out her hair and hit it with a little hairspray to keep it from getting out of hand then put on her dangly white earrings and a her favorite silver necklace.   A couple of bangles and her watch and she felt ready to face the day.  

Ingrid went back into her room and heard a knock on the door.   "Come in." she said, as she was pulling her white Prada clutch out of the closet.   "I'm almost ready."

Janet stopped and leaned against the door frame.   "You look gorgeous." she said, smiling.   "So much like your mother."

"Thank you." Ingrid said, smiling at her.   Janet was around fifty, quite thin and still very attractive.   She had blonde hair, cut short, but not boyish.   Her face was smooth and inviting, and she always wore minimal but stylish makeup.   She was dressed in a Calvin Klein pant suit, black, with a lovely purple silk blouse.   "You look lovely." Ingrid said, grinning at her.

Janet laughed and looked down.   "Well, after what you were wearing last night, I figured you would look very nice...I couldn't be shown up by my niece too much." she said, "But, you managed to do it."

Ingrid waved her off.   "Pish posh." Ingrid said.   "You look lovely."

Janet smiled at her.   "Come down and have some coffee before we go." She said, then turned and walked off.

Ingrid finished transferring her stuff to her clutch.   She held her pack of cigarettes for a moment, chewing on her lip.   She really wanted one right now, but didn't think she would have time and really didn't feel like getting hassled from Aunt Janet, so she just put them in the bottom of her purse and headed down stairs.

Janet poured her a cup of coffee and put it down in front of her.   "You know who you look like, Ingrid." she said, sitting down.   "other than your mother, of course."

Ingrid laughed.   "No, who?" she said, blowing on her coffee.

"Anne Hathaway." Janet said.   "The young lady in those Princess diary movies."

Ingrid beamed at her.   "And, she was in 'The Devil Wears Prada'...That's one of my favorite movies...and books." she said.

"I haven't seen that one.   But you do look like her, sort of."

"Thank you, Aunt Janet." Ingrid said.   "I was told that I look like Audrey Hepburn." Ingrid added, smiling broadly.

"You do. But, so does Anne Hathaway.   I'd say you look more like her than Audrey Hepburn.   You have stronger features....a larger mouth." She said, analyzing her for a moment.

"Well..either is fine with me." Ingrid said, laughing.  

They made it to the doctor's office with a few minutes to spare.   Ingrid felt really nervous as he walked in.   All these people knew him as Richard and this was going to be a big shock to them.   She just hoped they would take it without making   a big deal out of it.   She hung up her Puffer Jacket on the rack then   walked up to the receptionist, who was talking on the phone.   She smiled up at her and held up a finger while she finished her call.   The waiting room was empty, thank God, Ingrid thought.  

"Yes maam."   Betty, the receptionist said, smiling up at her.   "May I help you." she looked past Ingrid and saw Janet sitting down.   "Excuse me." she said, looking past Ingrid.   "Mrs. Burke...Where is Richard?   His appointment is at Ten.   The doctor is ready for him."   Betty said, smiling.

Janet just gestured towards Ingrid with a grin.

"Hi." Ingrid said, not trying to raise the pitch of her voice at all.   It still sounded for all intents and purposes like a young, Cathleen Turner, but it was Richard's voice.

Betty froze, then looked up at Ingrid.   It was almost comical watching her trying to figure it out.   "Richard?" she said, finally.   "Is that you?" She sounded incredulous.

Ingrid looked down at the floor, blushing.   "Yes.   But, please...call me Ingrid." she said, looking back up at her through her hair.

Betty's mouth opened and closed a little bit, then she nodded.   "Ok...Ingrid.. The doctor will see you now." she said.

Ingrid nodded at her and smiled, then walked through the door.   She could feel Betty's eyes on her as she left, and was quite sure that Betty was out of her seat questioning Janet as soon as she left.   She was grinning when she looked up and saw the doctor standing behind his desk.   His back was to her.

"Hi Richard. " Doctor Brown said, not turning around.   "Be with you in a moment."

Ingrid started walking across the office, her prada boots clacking on the hardwood.   Doctor Brown turned, recognizing the sound of high heels.  

"I'm sorry, miss. I thought you were my next patient." Doctor Brown said, sounding painfully embarrassed.

"I am." Ingrid said softly.

He stared for a moment, his mouth slightly open in astonishment.   "Richard?" he said, stepping around the desk.

"Yes, Doctor.   It's me." Ingrid said, holding her arms up a little in TA DA sort of pose.   "the real me."

Doctor Brown stopped.   He smiled at her.   "Well...good." he said, finally.   "Now we are getting somewhere.   Would you like something to drink Richard...Coffee...Water?"  

"Ingrid." she said softly.   "I prefer Ingrid."

Doctor Brown stopped.   "Certainly.   It suits you better than Richard."

"Coffee.   Black." She said, gracefully sitting in the chair across from his desk.   She set down her purse on the other chair and crossed her ankles.

He put a mug of steaming coffee on the desk for her and sat down with his own.

"So...Start at the beginning." He said.

Ingrid opened up to him for the first time.   This time, there were no tears. She'd cried so much for it already that there were few, if any tears left for her past.   While she was talking, she looked around the room.   She had noticed the ionic air purifier and the humidor in previous visits.   There was a large crystal ashtray on the desk.   She stopped talking.

"Doctor...I'm so stressed out right now.   Do you mind if I smoke?" She said, picking up her purse.

He was a little taken aback.   "Aren't you a little young for that?" he asked, but slid the ashtray across to her.   "It's not my place to judge though, but can you tell me about why you started smoking?"

She lit her cigarette and instantly felt better.   She smoked in silence for a second, enjoying the feeling of the first cigarette of the day.   "Ok." she said, then told him all about how she'd started smoking.   How she associated it with femininity, probably through associations with her mother.   She understood that much about psychology.

"Well, it is a dangerous habit.   I can tell you that as a physician, but as with many things therapists say, it's a case of 'do as I say and not as I do'.   But, we'll address that later." he said.   "continue"

She really opened up, telling him the whole story.   It took her two cigarettes to get through the hour session, but finally it was over.   "I like the air purifier you have in her here...you can hardly even tell anyone smoked in here." she said once she'd finished.

"Yes.   It was well worth the investment.   Keeps it comfortable for all my clients." he said, looking down at his notes.   "Ok...Well, I think I know what path we need to take.   You've told me that you do wish to start estrogen therapy, and I concur.   I'm not sure about your plan to continue 'acting' as Richard for the rest of the school year, but that is your call.      You should be able to begin transition without it being impossible to hide, though I can tell you it is going to be VERY difficult for you to do."

Ingrid looked stunned.   "Why doctor?   Don't most transgender people transition slowly, like this?" she asked, sounding confused.   "The ones that don't just come right out anyway."

"Yes...It is common, Ingrid." He said, then smiled.   "But you are sort of unique.   Because of the orchiectomy, you have been halted as a male for the last year.   You have already experienced some classic eunuch effects, coupled with a natural feminine quality.   You look entirely female, now.   I can see that you would look just as pretty even without make up.   And with that hair cut, the eyebrows and your mannerisms, you are asking for trouble at school." he said bluntly.

Ingrid nodded.   "I know. But I have to try.   I'm so close to graduation now, graduating a whole year early.   I have to try." She said.

He nodded.   "Ok." he said.   "We'll give it a go.   I'm going to write you a prescription for your hormone therapy.   We'll put you on patches right now.   I don't have the capabilities to give you a shot right now, or I would go with injection.   I'll have some for next time.   I'm also going to refer you to an endocrinologist before we continue your therapy, ok?"

He went over all the side effects and warnings, then handed her the scrip.   "I'll see you after Christmas, Ingrid." he said, standing up.   He shook her hand. "You look lovely, and should do just fine transitioning, better than most I'd say." he smiled.   "Merry Christmas.   Can you send in your Aunt please?"

"Thank you. Merry Christmas." she said, putting her things in her bag.   She walked into the lobby and asked Aunt Janet to go in.  

"Would you like a sucker?" Betty said, holding up a jar of Christmas suckers.  

Ingrid smiled at her broadly. "I would.   Thank you." she took a sucker, unwrapped it and popped it in her mouth.   She walked over and sat down on the couch, waiting for Aunt Janet to come out.  

"Ok." Aunt Janet said, coming out of the office. "You ready?" she asked, smiling at Ingrid.

Ingrid nodded, then stood up.   "Merry Christmas, Betty." she said.

"Merry Christmas, Ingrid." Betty said.   "Merry Christmas, Janet."

"Merry Christmas to you too."   Janet said, then opened the door for Ingrid.

They got in Janet's BMW and pulled out of the office complex.

"Well..." Janet said.   "We will go right over to the pharmacy and pick up your prescription." she said. "Time to start...well, time to start puberty." Janet said with a laugh.   "God, I wish I could have controlled when I started....Not that I would wish your situation on anyone, but you have way more control over this than most people."

"I know.." Ingrid said, taking the sucker out of her mouth. "It is sort of a blessing in disguise I guess...Though one I could have done without."

"I know." Janet said, patting her knee.   Janet looked over at her.   "I know you were smoking in the doctor's office." she said sternly.

Ingrid looked embarrassed.   "I'm sorry.   I...I needed it to get through that session."

Janet finally shrugged.   "There's nothing I can do about it, Ingrid." she said, not looking over at her.   "I'm..." she laughed.   "I'm a militant ex-smoker I guess, like many of us.   I was doing the same thing at your age."

Ingrid laughed.   "I know." she said.   "I'll try to be better about it."

Janet looked over at her.   "Just be careful.   Anything, in moderation, is not going to do too much damage. Just try to moderate what you do.   That's all." Janet said.

"Ok." Ingrid said, popping the sucker back in her mouth.

"And, it's like talking to a wall...Or to a teenage girl." Janet said with a chuckle.   "There are far worse things a girl could be getting into these days, I guess."

Ingrid laughed.   "I'm glad you are accepting me as a girl, Aunt Janet.   I   thought it would be harder for y'all to accept." she said, holding the sucker just outside her lips.

"No...Its not hard.   You look so...Right as a female.   It's easier to think of you as a real girl, than as Richard in a dress." Janet said.

They pulled into the pharmacy.   "Ok." Janet said.   "I'm going to go in and get your prescription.   You can wait in the car, or outside.   Doesn't matter to me."

Janet got out, so did Ingrid.   Ingrid put on her New white Dior sunglasses and zipped up her coat.   Janet turned and started walking off.   "Oh, just finish your cigarette before I come out so I don't have to bitch you out about it." Janet said over her shoulder.

Ingrid laughed, then quickly lit a cigarette.   She leaned against the hood of the BMW while Janet went inside.   It was a crisp, cold morning.   The snow was hanging in the trees, and the parking lot was full of brown slush as Christmas shoppers went about their business.   Several men, and quite a few teenage boys were scoping her out as they walked or drove by.   A big Ford explorer stopped in behind the BMW and it's passenger window rolled down.   She glanced over and saw Thomas, the very cute college guy, smiling at her.

"Hi, Ingrid." he said.   "Merry Christmas!"

Ingrid smiled, then gracefully flicked her cigarette before walking over to his truck.   "Merry Christmas to you, Thomas." she said.   She didn't put the accent on thick, just a hint of it.   "How are you today?"

"I'm fine." he said, grinning at her. "You look great. I love the new hair cut."

She instinctively reached up and touched her hair, then smiled at him.   "Thank you." she purred.

"Your accent is getting...less pronounced.   You've been working on your English, I see." he said.

"Yes." she said.   "I have.   It is working, no?"

He smiled back at her.   "Yeah...it sounds really good.   Are you waiting for someone...'" he said, looking around, "or just lurking in a parking lot looking sexy?"   He chuckled.

Ingrid smiled, then took a last drag from her cigarette.   "No.   I am waiting for my aunt.   She is inside." She said, then dropped the cigarette and ground it under her heel.

"Ok.   I was going to offer you a ride, if you needed one." He said.

"Not on the motorbike, I see." She said, looking at the truck.

"No.   Too nasty out." he said.   "So, I'm in my truck till spring, probably."

Ingrid smiled.   She noticed her aunt coming out of the store.   "Well...There is my Aunt.   I will see you soon?" she said, tapping the window frame.   "Merry Christmas, Thomas." she gave him a little smile, then turned and walked back to the car.

He drove off just as Aunt Janet was walking up.   She hit the remote and unlocked the door.   Ingrid got in, suddenly aware of how cold her legs were.   "Who was that?   Or do I need to give you a talk about talking to strangers?" Janet said, deadpan.

Ingrid laughed. "No.   That is Thomas. He works at the bookstore and goes to GW." she said, warming her hands in front of the vent.

"Ok." Janet said, backing out.   "You have many friends as Ingrid?"

Ingrid smiled.   "Yes.   Way more than I ever did as Richard." she said.

"Good." Janet said quietly. "Your prescription is in the bag." she said.

Ingrid opened the bag.   Her prescription was in there, but so was a pack of gum and a couple of 'Stop Smoking' pamphlets.   Ingrid looked at them and sighed, then looked at Janet.   "These just fell in there?" she said.

"Your mother would do the same thing." Janet said, cracking a smile.

Ingrid went straight up to her room to change when they got home.   She took off her dress and hung it up, thinking she could get another wear out of it before sending it to the cleaners.   She stripped out of her clothes then sat down on the bed in her underwear to read the package and instructions for her estrogen patches.   There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Ingrid said.  

Janet stepped inside, noticed she wasn't clothed and hesitated.   Then she realized that Ingrid thought of herself as a woman and saw no need to cover up when a woman entered.   "Hi.   I wanted to take your measurements.   We can do a transition journal for you, so you can see your progress, if you want."   She said, setting down her digital camera and a notepad.

Ingrid looked up and smiled.   "That sounds really good, actually.   Thanks." she said.

Janet beamed at her.   "Ok.   Take off the bra and lets get those breast-forms off." she started helping her with them after Ingrid grabbed her remover.   "Darn, these things are realistic." she said once she had them in her hands.

"I know." Ingrid said, smiling.   It feels weird having them off.

She stood up and let her aunt measure her.   "Ok....34chest, 25 waist, and 31 hips.   Very nice." Janet said.   "Those are close to model measurements, Ingrid.   Your hips area little small, but hormones will fix that." she said.   "And, 5'9" inches tall.

Ingrid smiled at her.   "Thanks." she said, looking down at her body.  

"Now, lets get a picture.   Go over by the wall." she said.   Ingrid walked over and Janet took a picture of her with her arms out to the side, then a profile, then from the back. Now, you will be able to see your progress as we go through this.      It will supposedly help your self esteem." Janet said, handing her a tee shirt off the bed.

Ingrid put on the tee shirt and sat down next to her to look at the pictures.   She smiled at her aunt and gave her a hug.   "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Janet said.   "Margarite is making lunch right now.   See you down there in a few minutes."

"Ok." Ingrid said, then got up and walked into the bathroom.   She took a deep breath then peeled the back off the patch and stuck it firmly on her left buttock.   There, she thought, it's official.   She smiled and walked back into the bedroom.   She pulled on a pair of Capri pants, but left on the boys tee shirt she was wearing.   After a quick check of her hair, she headed down stairs.

Ingrid walked into the kitchen.   Margarite had her back to her cooking then glanced over her shoulder.   She turned back, then spun in a hilarious double take.   "Richard?" she said, incredulously.

Ingrid laughed.   "Hi Margarite.   Yes, its me." She said.

Margarite wiped her hands on her apron then turned to look at her.   "Santa Maria.   You are gorgeous...You look just like your mother." she said, putting her hand to her mouth.   Margarite had worked for Ingrid's aunt and uncle for fifteen years, every since coming here from Brazil.   She walked over and gave Ingrid a hug.   "You are so pretty....Not what I was expecting at all." she said proudly.   "So...Your name is Ingrid, now?" she said, looking at her.

"Yes." Ingrid said, blushing.   "It is."

"Well...good.   Ingrid...lunch will be ready in a few minutes." she said, shooing her out of the kitchen.  

Ingrid laughed, then poured herself a cup of coffee.   "Ok.   Going." she said, then padded into the living room to wait for lunch.

Ingrid curled up on the couch and turned on the television.   She clicked through a few channels, then settled on the style channel.   She was intently watching when Janet came in.   "Want to eat in here?" Janet asked.

"Yeah, if I can." she said, smiling.

"Ok.   I'm going to eat in my office.   I have work to do...." she said, turning around.   She stopped and turned back.   "Did you put on your patch?"

Ingrid nodded, not turning from the television.

"Ok." Janet said, leaving the room.   A few minutes later, Margarite showed up with a chef's salad and half a turkey sandwich on a tray, along with a bottle of water.   "Thanks." Ingrid said, sitting up.

"Welcome." Margarite said.   "Do not get anything on the couch."

Ingrid stuck her tongue out at her and she laughed.   Then Ingrid poured light vinaigrette on the salad.   Her phone rang.

"Hello?"   she said, stabbing a bit of lettuce with her fork.

"Hey bitch." Emm said.   "How'd it go?"

Ingrid burst out laughing.   "That was a nice hello." she said.   "It went great.   I can hardly believe it, actually.   I went to my therapist today and have officially started transitioning." Ingrid said proudly.

"Awesome..so we are going out tonight?" Emily asked.   Ingrid could hear her taking a drag from a cigarette and felt quite jealous suddenly.

"No." Ingrid said flatly.   "I'm grounded for all the shenanigans I was doing."

"What?" Emm said, sounding really disappointed.   "No way."

"Yeah." Ingrid said around a bite of salad.   "I'm grounded until the day after Christmas, so one week of house arrest."

"Shit." Emily said.   "Well, at least it's not long."

"Yeah." Ingrid said.   "I know.   But it does suck."

''Well, I'll call you and see if I can stop by and visit at least." Emily said.

"Ok.   I gotta eat, I'm starving." Ingrid said.

"Ciao." Emily said.   "Later babe."

Ingrid hung up the phone, laughing. Then ate her lunch watching television.   All in all, she thought, it's been a very good day.

The rest of the day passed by with Ingrid hardly moving from the spot in front of the TV.   Eventually, Janet finished up her work and came in to join her.   They were watching "What not to wear" when Ingrid spoke up.

"Aunt Janet." she said.   "I kind of had something planned that I need to do tomorrow. It's an errand, really...So can I have a pass for a few hours to get it done?"

"Well..."Janet said.   "It depends on what this errand is, doesn't it."

"I'm going to sell all of dad's old suits.   There is a great store that buys used designer clothing for a great price...They will give me more before Christmas than after." she said..

Janet thought about it.   "Is that how you got the money to buy yourself new clothes, selling some of your mothers stuff?" she asked, sounding a little upset.

"Yes...But I was only selling things that were either too small for me, or were too...well too old or too formal for me." she said defensively.

Janet calmed a little, thinking.   "Ok.   Well, we were going to sell all of it in an estate sale if you wouldn't have stopped us, so I guess there is no harm in it." she said.

Ingrid jumped up and hugged her.   "Thank you." she said, gushing with enthusiasm.   "Awesome."

"You have a couple of hours tomorrow to get it done, but straight home afterwards.   You are still being punished until the day after Christmas" Janet said.

"I know.   I know." Ingrid said, still beaming.

The next morning she was at the house bright and early.   It took her more than an hour to cart all the suits to her car.   She was dressed stylishly, but casual, in a pair of black leggings, her tall boots and the Prada slip dress she'd worn the other night.   She'd topped it off with a silver ring belt for an '80s glam kind of look.   She put on a pair of huge silver hoops and messed her hair up a little to give it more of a punky flair.

Ingrid pulled up to the store a few minutes after they opened.   She went inside and was instantly greeted by a sales person.   "May I help you, miss?" She asked.

"Yes."   Ingrid said, smiling back at her.   She reached up and perched her sunglasses on top of her head.   "I have some men's suits to sell."

The sales girl smiled.   "Ok...Let me get Josh to help you." she said, walking over to a man in a nice suit.   The sales girl spoke to him for a moment, then he came over to Ingrid, smiling.

"Hi...I'm Josh Martin." he said, holding out his hand.   She took it and gave it a little squeeze.   "You have a few suits to sell?"

Ingrid laughed. "I have more than a few, Josh." She said, gesturing out towards her car.   "I have a truckload."

He looked out at the Mercedes SUV.   "Alright then." he said, smiling.   "I'll get them for you.   It will take us a little while to look them over, OK?"

She nodded then waited while he went and got a rolling rack, then followed him outside.   she popped the hatch and he looked inside.   "You do have a truck load." he said, then started getting them out.  

"Would you like to wait inside?" He asked.

"No." she said, smiling.   "It is fairly nice outside.   I'll stay out here for a bit."

"Ok." he said, pushing the rack inside.

Ingrid lit a cigarette and perched herself on the edge of a planter.   It was a very nice morning, if a little on the cold side.   The sun was shining and it was a nice day to be alive.   She was almost finished with her cigarette when she looked inside.   She saw Josh talking with another man and then looking in her direction.   Uh oh, she thought, problem.   She stood up and walked over to the ash receptacle and put out her cigarette, then walked inside.

"Miss...I'd like to ask you some questions about these clothes." The older man said.   "I'm Joshua Martin.   Senior." he looked over at his son.   "Josh noticed that all these were from the same man, and most of them are bespoke suits, very expensive.   I'm going to have to ask where you got them, miss?" he said, very politely.

"Wolfe." she said.  

"Nice to meet you Miss Wolfe.   You don't look like a thief, mind you...but we have to be sure." He said, smiling at her.

"Of course." she said.   She knew she was going to have to show them ID.   She Smiled at him then took him by the arm and led him aside. "Mr. Martin..." she started, unsure of exactly what she was going to say.   "...Those suits belonged to my father.   He was killed last Christmas." she said, hoping that would be enough.

"I'm sorry, Miss Wolfe.      I still need to see some ID, though." he said. " Most of   the suits have monogram labels inside and all say Richard Wolf Junior.   I just need to see some proof that you are his daughter, like you say, then we will have no problems.   I do want to buy these suits, but it is a considerable amount of money to risk on buying stolen goods." he said, trying to sound as empathetic as possible.

"Very well." she said, digging in her Prada bag.      She looked at him and smiled.   "I look quite a bit different than I did in my ID picture." she said, pulling out her drivers license and handing it to him.

He looked at the picture, then at her, then at the picture.   "Um, mam..I think you might have picked up your brother's license by mistake." he said.

Ingrid smiled and shook her head.   "No, My name 'Legally' is Richard Wolfe the third.   I prefer Ingrid, though." she said quietly.

He looked terribly embarrassed.   "I'm..." he started, completely on foreign ground here.   "I don't know what to say..."

She waved it off.   'You were very civil about it, sir.   Thank you." She said, taking back her driver's license.   "I will be getting my name changed, officially, in the future...it should make things less...awkward."

He laughed nervously.   "Yes.   Well...." he said, turning back to Josh. "Josh, go ahead and help Miss Ingrid Wolfe, here, I agree to the sale." he said, then shook her hand, still looking like he was unable to believe his eyes.

"Thank you." Ingrid said, then walked over to join Josh at the counter.

"We went through everything and priced it out.   Here is what we are willing to give you for all these suits." he said, showing her a ticket.   A huge smile spread across her face.   Thank you Daddy, she thought.   The figure was enough to buy a nice used Lexus.  

"It looks good to me.   Thank you." She said, beaming at him.

"Very well...would you like to credit this to your account, or cut you a check, Miss Wolfe?" He asked.

She thought about it for a second.   She bit at her lip, thinking.   Fuck it, she thought, I need to do this.   "Check" she said.

"Good." He said readying himself at the keyboard. "I need your full name for the check." he said.

Ingrid cleared her throat.   "Richard Wolfe the third." she said resolutely, then smiled at him..

He looked at her, confused.   "No, maam...Your name." he said, smiling nervously.

"That is my legal name.   I prefer Ingrid though." she said in a low, conspiratorial voice.

"Ummm..." he said, looking over at his father, who nodded. "Ok." he said, still looking very confused.

He tapped the information in the computer and printed the check, then tore it off and handed it to her.   "Merry Christmas." he said.

"Merry Christmas to you too." she said, slipping the check into her bag.   She waved at the senior Mr. Martin as she left and he was still looking dumbfounded.   They would be talking about this for quite a while, she thought, laughing all the way to her car.

She got in her car and lit a cigarette, unable to wipe the silly grin off her face. She almost followed her Aunts wished to a tee, but she had to stop at Starbucks and get a Venti Latte or she was just going to die.

The rest of the week went by quickly.   She did get out of the house, to help her Aunt Christmas shop. which was really nice.   Ingrid was starting to feel the effects of the Estrogen.   It had a calming effect on her, and gave her a feeling that things were right with the world, where she had been in a hormonal void for the last year.   She did find that it her emotions, which she had never been too much in control of anyway, were more intense, but she found that she liked the intensity.   It was different, but it felt good.  

On Christmas morning, she woke up early, but wasn't the first one up in the house.   She put on her robe and wandered down stairs, following the smell of the coffee brewing.   Christmas music was playing on the stereo.   Ingrid walked into the kitchen.   Janet was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee and Uncle Fred was making pancakes.  

"Yum....Pancakes." Ingrid said.   "Good morning." she yawned and grabbed herself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning."   Fred asked without turning around.   "You still like bacon?"

"I do." Ingrid said.  

They ate breakfast together before heading into the living room to open presents.  

Ingrid bought her aunt a new blackberry, and   bought Uncle Fred a new Safariland holster for his 1911.  

She grinned as they opened them.   Both of them loved their presents and were excited for her to open the ones from them.

Ingrid opened her gifts.   She got a beautiful Tiffany tennis bracelet and a very lovely pair of dangly silver earrings. She also got a couple of DVD's and a new flat iron hair straightener she'd admired.

She gave them both hugs.   Uncle Fred took hold of her arm as she started to go back and look at her stuff.   "I got you something else...something I bought..before. " he said.

Ingrid sat down on the edge of the chair.   "What is it?" she asked.

"Well, are you still interested in shooting?" He said.

Ingrid laughed, then hugged him.   "Of course I am, silly." she said.

He smiled at her.   "I wasn't sure.   There are two boxes behind the tree, he said gesturing towards them.  

She crawled back and pulled them out.   The first was a TAD Gear Raptor hard-shell jacket in Foliage green. She looked it over.   "This is awesome." she said, giving him a   hug.

"I knew you were eyeing those last time we went to the range." He said.   "I wasn't sure if it would fit with your   style now."

She laughed.   "Its not a fashion item...Well...It is actually.   This jacket is swank, Uncle Fred."he laughed.   "Open the other one."

She opened it.   It was a Tactical Tailor range bag with a strap.   "Nice!" she said.   "I can sure use this." she said, looking it over.

She put on the hard-shell coat and sat back down to look at her gifts, happy as she could remember.

Ingrid looked over at her Aunt and Uncle sitting there together and couldn't help but smile.

The day after Christmas, Uncle Fred took Ingrid to the range.   They had a great morning of shooting, though Ingrid got frustrated more than once by her long fingernails.   That night, Ingrid and Emily went out and grabbed a bite to eat and saw a movie.   It was nice to be out and about after a week of being stuck in the house.  

The rest of Christmas break flew by.   Ingrid ended up still spending a lot of time at home, but got together with Emily at least for a little while every day.   Two days before New Years Eve, Emily and Ingrid were over at the old house, sitting in the living room watching television.   Emily leaned forward and put her head in her hands.   "So...What are we doing for New Years Eve?" She asked.

Ingrid looked over at her and shrugged.   "I dunno." she said.   "You got any plans with Mark?"

Emily sighed.   "No.   He's out of town with his parents until the fourth." she said.   "So it's up to us to find some entertainment."

Ingrid had no idea.   She'd assumed that Mark and Emily would go out and she would just hang out at home.   "I have no idea." Ingrid said.

"You're the genius." Emily said, leaning back on the couch and lighting a cigarette.

Ingrid laughed.   "Let me think." she said, following Emily's example and lighting a cigarette of her own.   She listened to The Ting Tings for a minute, then the idea hit her.   "I have an idea." she said, reaching over and getting her phone.   She flipped through her contacts list and pushed call.   Ingrid grinned at Emily.   "it's ringing." she said.   "Hello, Thomas..." Ingrid said, winking at Emily.

Ingrid hung up the phone and beamed at Emily.   "Well..." she said, looking very smug.   "There is a New Year's Eve party over at one of his friends houses.   He said to meet him in two hours at the bookstore and we'll talk about it." she said, leaning back.

"Cool." Emily said. "sounds like a plan to me."

"Well...I think I need to go shopping.   I don't have a lot of clothes that will...blend in at a college party." Ingrid said.   "You help me?"

Emily smiled.   "Ok.   Helping you blend in at a college party, I can do." She said.

The girls took off and headed to the mall.   They stormed the stores, trying on lots of clothes as quickly as possible.   Ingrid found a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a blue top at Charlotte Russe, then topped the outfit off with a black blazer she picked up at Macy's.   Loaded with bags, Emm and Ingrid made it to the bookstore only fifteen minutes late.   Thomas was sitting outside at one of the picnic tables smoking a cigarette.  

"Hi." he said, standing up.   He looked Ingrid up and down.   She was wearing a pair of black slacks and a shiny silver top under her black fur trimmed coat.   "You look great." he said, giving her a hug.

They all sat down at a the table.   "Want me to get y'all some coffee?" he said after they sat down.  

"Sure." Emily said as she dug through her purse for her cigarettes.  

"Thank you darling." Ingrid said.  

"Ok...An espresso for Ingrid and A latte with a shot of vanilla for Emily?" Thomas said.

They both nodded and Thomas headed back inside.

They spent a couple of hours chatting and laughing.   Ingrid really liked Thomas.   He was genuinely friendly, attractive and fun.   He also was a gentleman, which Ingrid really appreciated.   Plans made, they parted.   "See you on New Year's Eve." Ingrid said, kissing him on the cheek.

On New Year's Eve, Ingrid and Emily met up with Thomas at the Fine Grind.   They left Ingrid's car there and rode with him into the city.   When they pulled up to the house, the party was already bumping.   The music was pumping and the place was very crowded.   Ingrid and Emily stayed with Thomas as he introduced them to people, more than they would ever remember.   They got some drinks and moved through the crowd.   Ingrid realized she was getting a lot of looks from guys, and so was Emily.   She was very glad Thomas was there with her to protect them.  

They hung around and talked with Thomas's friends and laughed a lot.   Ingrid was really enjoying herself.   Thomas was sitting next to her, his arm draped over her shoulder.   He lit her cigarettes for her and treated her like a lady, getting her drinks and standing whenever she walked up.  

At midnight, the two of them kissed.   It was a great kiss, passionate.   Hot.   He was a better kisser than Bradley, she had to admit, but he was older and probably more experienced.   When they broke their embrace, she saw that Emily was kissing a very pretty college girl they had been talking with and a whole mob of guys were just staring in awe.   Ingrid actually started laughing.  

It was the best New Year's Eve Ingrid had ever had.   She was actually quite sad when Thomas dropped them back off at her car.   She kissed him again, then finally, reluctantly broke her kiss and got into her car.   It was a good start to 2009, Ingrid thought as she curled up in the bed with Emily.   A very good start.

The day before school was supposed to start back, Ingrid was sitting on the chase in the sunroom reading a cheesy romance novel.   She put out her cigarette and laid back on the chair.   She sighed and stood up.   She knew it was going to be a nightmare going back to school.   "Why the hell did I decide to do this...why didn't I get my damn GED?" she said aloud, looking into the mirror.

"Hello?" Ingrid yelled as she walked into the house.  

No answer. She sighed, then ran up the stairs.   She went into her room and removed her breast-forms.   She was very sore under there.   "Ouch." she said, kneading the flesh under her fingers.   She smiled.   She'd read that she would feel a small lump there, breast buds, which would be sore as they started to grow.   There really was no lump to speak of, but it was sore.

She jumped in the shower and washed her hair.   She waited for the fog to subside then started playing with her hair.   She played with it for about half an hour, mousing it and gelling it into somewhat of a male style.   It looked OK, she thought.   Then she took an eyebrow pencil and thickened her brows up a little bit.   She put on her Richard glasses.   They hid her brows pretty well, making it less obvious at least.   She sighed then went into the bedroom and put on her school uniform.   Fifteen minutes later she was dressed in Khaki pants, a blue oxford shirt, tie and blazer.   Ingrid walked over to the mirror.   She sighed.   Richard was staring back at her.   Well, almost Richard, she said, then laughed and looked at her fingernails.   She was suddenly quite sad that she was going to have to cut off the extensions and go back to her boring old fingernails.  

Richard walked over to the closet and took off his school uniform.   He hung it up, then stood there for a moment, wearing only his panties.   He was not going to wear his boxer briefs.   No one was going to see the panties, so it didn't matter.   He put on a pair of Levis, an Old Navy sweatshirt and a pair of tennis shoes.   He grabbed a baseball cap and checked out his reflection.   He couldn't help but laugh.   He looked like Ingrid wearing boys clothes now, more than he looked like the old Richard.   Forty five minutes later, he'd removed all the fingernail polish and clipped his nails short.   He realized that tears were rolling down his cheeks as he cut them.

That evening, he was sitting in the living room watching television when Janet came in.   "Ingrid.   I'm home" she yelled.   She walked into the living room and stopped dead in her tracks.   "Hi..Richard." she said, setting down her briefcase.

"Hi." Richard said.   The voice was more like a combination of Richard's normal voice and Ingrid's sexy drawl.   It was like he'd forgotten how to talk like a boy.

"You look..." Janet started.

"I'm not passing for a boy very well." Richard said, laughing.  

Janet busted out laughing.   "That is funny." She said.

Richard looked at her, confused.   "What?" he asked.

"You are a boy...but you can hardly pass for one, while you have no problem whatsoever passing as a girl." she said, hugging him tightly.   "Take off the hat."

He took off the hat and looked over at her.  

Janet looked at her.   Him, Janet corrected.   It was not convincing.   "That hair do is not going to work for Richard." she said.

"I know." Richard said.   "How am I going to do this?"

"Well..." She said.   "We are going to have to cut it."

Richard's face dropped.   He was afraid of that.   A tear rolled down his cheek.

"Hey....I've got a plan." Janet said.   "Let's go...Oh, go change clothes and get some make-up on.   You've got twenty minutes to get ready."

Ingrid smiled at her, then jumped up and ran up the stairs.      Fifteen minutes later, clothes changed minimal make up on and her hair brushed out, Ingrid bounded down the steps.

"Good." Janet said, then they headed out to the salon in the mall.  

They walked into the salon.      Janet turned to Ingrid.   "I'll do the talking." she said, stepping up.  

"Hello" she said, smiling at the receptionist.   "My niece needs a haircut very badly." she said.

The receptionist smiled at her.   "Yes.   we can get her in right now." Janet said.

Ingrid looked terrified.   Janet reached in her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.   She handed it to Ingrid.   She looked at it, then looked up at Aunt Janet and smiled.   "I think this might work." she said, then looked back down at the picture of Kiera Knightly with her short, spiky pixie cut.

An hour later, Ingrid walked out of the salon sporting a hair cut that would work quite well as Ingrid, or as Richard. It would look better done up, but would work for a boy's haircut if she just left it messy.

Once they got home, Ingrid ran up and took off her make up again, then dressed back up in the school uniform.   She thickened up her brows and messed up her hair before putting on the boys glasses.   She looked in the mirror.   Now she did see Richard staring back at her.   It had taken some work, but now he should be able to pass for a boy at school.   At least as long as no one looked too hard, he thought.  

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Quite Splendid

I am really enjoying this story. It's well-written, lots of fun, and leisurely-paced, although with the recurrent gun references, I could see that possibly changing at some point. You can't just wave around story elements like that without using them later. (Well... in a short story you couldn't, at any rate. But, this clearly isn't one of those, so I suppose anything goes!)

The romantic aspect is very well drawn. There's nothing like a doomed romance and broken hearts to get the sniffles started.

___________________
If a picture is worth 1000 words, this is at least part of my story.

what's that saying again....

Oh, yeah...If you see a gun on the wall in act one, chances are it will be used in act three.

I'm glad you are enjoying the tale. There is more to come.

XXX,
Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Thanks - I was worried!

Thanks Bri, for not only writing this great story... but in saying that more is forthcoming!

I read the story before there were any comments, and was afraid that chapter 3 was the end!

This is becoming so hot I worry about the safety of my equipment....

LindaTG

Be sure there is more to come...

This story is really only just getting started. Part 4 is well under way. I don't like to post chunks less than 17000 words and I'm about half there so expect more later in the week!

XXX,
Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

I could have read this yesterday

I could have read this chapter yesterday but I wanted to save it for today. After all, I can read much faster than you can write. The story is so absolutely perfect. I'm thrilled that Ingrid's aunt and uncle accept her. The romance scene with Brad was scrumptious. Your characters have really come alive.

She will soon be dead of emphysema though!

Yes it is well written. One can see that she is at sometime going to go from being a castrated schoolboy in transition to some kind of CIA Agent female Jane Bond type, but only if she can give up the tobacco addiction. Otherwise she will fail the medicals and become a chronic bronchitic invalid unable to breathe enough to climb the stairs, and with DVTs in her formerly beautiful but now lumpy legs! And boyz will not want to kiss her more than once - who wants to kiss an ashtray? The smoking fetish is spoiling this.

Otherwise, it is a moving and emotional tale of a journey from M to F.

Briar

Briar

Maybe so, maybe not

Not all smokers die of emphysema or lung cancer. The story is labeled "Smoking Fetish", so it's not like you didn't know.

I'm enjoying this tale, but then I grew up in a time where smoking was still acceptable. I never got hooked on smoking myself, but I always kept ashtrays in my house for my friends. All my girlfriends were smokers, and I never turned down a kiss! ;-) Heck, I even had one girlfriend who dipped! Now that did bother me a bit, but she had other redeeming qualities.

I got started late on this story, but I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Keep up the good work!

m

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Not Necessarily So Fast

My dear departed grandmother was an inveterate smoker her whole life, from her days as a flapper right on through. She lived until age 87, and never had a lung ailment.

Full disclosure, though: she developed valve stenosis in her heart, and that, along with some inappropriate medical care, is what finished her off. I still believe if she had had the right treatment, she might easily have had another ten years of relative good health. Smoking is responsible for at least as much heart disease of various sorts as it is for lung disease. But, mediocre/incompetent medical care is responsible for many more premature deaths than we'd like to think.

that's a bit extreme isnt it?

I'm not going to talk too much about my life experience, but I will point out a couple of things... I'm 38 (ick!). I do smoke. I can (and do quite often) run 2 miles in 12.5 minutes. I can run up four flights of stairs with only a slight quickening of breath. I've never had a DVT...and actually don't know anyone under 50 who has, and the older ladies I know who had them were obese and on meds that caused them.

You actually brought up James Bond, who always smoked until the latest, more politically correct James Bonds.

Oh, and I actually know people who were or are inn the agency (and other alphabet soup groups as well), and many of them actually do smoke and have no problems passing the physicals. I knew people in my earlier military days who could run two miles WHILE smoking and probably do it faster than most of the anti-smoking zealots who are railing about how out of shape all smokers are.

I'm not attacking anyone here, I'm just saying that I think it's really funny how crazy people get on this topic. Otherwise, I'm glad you like the story excluding the smoking elements.

XXX,
Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

And on the cup hand...

Edeyn You have folks like me... I've never smoked. But I've had 5 Pulmonary Embolism events in the past 14 years, along with 10 DVT (6 right leg, 4 left), and have a greenfield filter now in my vena cava (metal cage in my crotch to catch the clots).

There is something that puzzles me about this story, though... why is she grounded when she comes out to her Uncle and Aunt? She always called for permission to stay late at her parents' house. She didn't do anything wrong, really, anymore than any teenager... is she grounded for being trans? Are they just being weird because they didn't know what she was doing at the house?

It's just one of those little details that nags at me. I mean, it's perfectly reasonable that I may have missed something. But I just don't get it, and I am not unintelligent.

Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? No, wait, that was God... Sorry, common mistake to make...

Goodness me!

Wow. I don't even know what half the medical stuff you are talking about is, but it sounds quite trying. Sorry bout all that hon. Goodness, I hope it gets better. I've been very lucky, I guess. The only time I've ever been in the hospital was when I did something very stupid and ended up with broken bones, or needing stitches.

She was grounded because of ALL the stuff she was doing. Primarily, she was grounded for lying to her Aunt and Uncle. She was being very dishonest with them, whatever the reason, and it was more or less just to show disapproval at that. That was my take on it at least. She lied a lot and got busted. Could've been much worse (I got grounded for a month when I was in school for lying, and it wasn't nearly as big a deal. I just drove to a skatepark in a neighboring town for the afternoon). That's also why her time at the house is restricted quite a bit after this part of the story.

XXX,
Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Just a little note for the anti smoking nazis.

I smoke, have done since 15, still do at 37. I'm more physically fit than most people I know and can bike 20+ miles at top speed with no problems, not even breathing very hard. As for running, that is another issue(Bad knees). The truth is, according the Harvard school of medicine, you only have a 17% chance of dying due to a smoking related illness if you are a lifelong smoker. Yes, that includes emphysema and heart disease.

So would you people kindly stop bitching about the smoking in stories?

Oh, I should also say, excellent story, I'm enjoying it tremendously and right now, I'm off to read part 4.
Hey, where's part 5?

Battery.jpg

Part 5 is on the way!

I was hoping we would avoid all the hubbub that seems to accompany stories with smoking in them, but I guess it just isn't possible on Big Closet. I regret that actually. There are a lot of things written about that are far worse and seem to draw very little commentary. I've always thought that was odd and I wish someone could give me a rational reason why.

I'm not packing up my ball and going home though. I am working hard on part five. I hope people like the story, but if it's not your cup of tea, sorry. I do have a hard time getting my head around peoples reasoning for complaining so much about something as innocuous as smoking in a fictional tale. This same thing comes up over and over again on here and I frankly cannot understand it.

XXX,
Bri

IMG_2075.JPG

XXX,
Bri

Unfinished Business Part 3

Ingrid\Brian has a lot to deal with that only can be successfully dealt with by using wisdom and inner strength and staying true to self.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine