Jamie isn't a Boys Name

Printer-friendly version
Jamie isn't a Boys Name
By Wargamerguy

 
James has no idea that a slight slip of the tongue from his mother would ruin one of the best times he had in a long time as well as the rest of the year. He cursed his luck that she had to come home early that day, but that was how life worked out. Just Five minutes ago he was hoping that he would get lucky with one of the most popular girls in his school. Cheryl was on the schools cheer squad. He was laying across his bed with her and she was kissing him.

Cheryl was a year older than him, blonde and she was so gorgeous. They were embraced together kissing when his door opened and his mother stupidly said, 'Jamie hon, can you get dressed today and dress up please, I have had such a hard day and I would love to sit down with Jamie and watch a good movie this evening. "her eyebrows rose a fraction and she said, "I heard there is a good movie on Lifetime tonight. I think you would like it"

That moment was when she looked in and stopped. SHe realized her mistake but it was way too late to take it back now. The damage had been done. She told Cheryl, "You will have to leave now. I want to have the night alone with my Son James. "

She Knew her son was really mad but she said anyway, "James, please for me tonight. " Then she shut the door and left as James was burning with embarrassment. He wasn't mad at her. She was his mother but he did wish she would think before she said things like that.

With his cheeks hot, he turned to the girl sitting beside him stunned and said, "Cheryl I'm sorry but I guess you do have to go. My mother wants the night with me. "

"James, Whose Jamie?"

He tried to pass it off as a mistake, "My mom meant James. She makes those kinds of mistakes. "

"Um, No she clearly said Jamie and moms don't makes those kinds of mistakes. Tell me what is going on here?" She wasn't buying it at all.

"Cheryl I dont know what you mean so just stop. I will have a talk with her about my name but you know I am a boy named James. "

She said laughing, "Jamie isn't a boys name sweetheart. What's going on here?"

He was quite for a few long seconds considering what to tell her, and how much to tell her. He finally decided the truth was the only thing left and she might not by that.

He took a deep breath bracing himself. Um, Cheryl. Well... this is hard but keep in mind that this is just for my mother and stays between us. But, My mother thought I would be a girl when I was born. She never got over that she got a boy. She kept wanting a girl so she had me dress like a girl and called me Jamie. I enjoyed that night, we just sat in our living room watching a movie for women. And that has become our routine for nights when she comes home from work stressed out. And I do this on my own, she doesn't force me. I like doing it for her. Cheryl please keep this quite."

She stood up getting her purse. "Sure Jamie. I will keep it quite." She kissed him on the cheek. "I love you girl" She was already heading out the door as he closed his door to pick out one his nice dresses for the evening. He took one of the new purple dresses that his mother brought for him. It hung nicely over his hips and had allot of room in the chest area. It was clearly made for a girls body. He would some day have to find a solution for that. He read about silicone pads for girls to put in their bra to appear a cup size larger. He would have to look into those. He took a bra and panty set out of his drawers and put them on. He slid the dress on nicely. He couldnt zip the back. He yelled, "Mom can you help me zip the back up. "

She appeared in his room and helped him. "Jamie arent you going to wear any of your nylons for night. They look so nice on your legs since you went for that waxing last week. And thank you for that. "

He blushed, "You are welcome. I didnt know you girls went though so much pain to be sexy. '

She brushed it off, "Oh that just hurts the first few times, Jamie. It gets easer after the third time and there are ointments you can use to make the hair come out easer. Here, I think you should wear these Nylons. Their so sexy. "

He looked at the bright red stockings she pulled out for him. They had thick tops and elaborate embroiled flowers. They did look sexy and kind of sluttish. He carefully slid them on and put on a pair of heels.

She got out a blonde wig and handed it to him. Wow, a blonde tonight. It seemed she wanted him to try out a bimbo look.

She appraised him and nodded, "Cool Jamie. You look very lovely. I picked out a good movie for us to watch tonight. Lets go." He walked behind her in the feminine way she taught him to walk. they plopped down on the sofa together. She turned the TV to the Lifetime Movie Network. Before the Movie started, he told her, "Mom you know I love these times we spend together and I told you I will do this any time for you. But, Please please mom, be careful and look in next time. That was so humiliating. "

"Well Jamie, I didnt know you'd have a girl in there with you. You usually are in your room playing one of your video games on the computer. But I am sorry. I will check the next time. So anyway, Tell me about her, what is she like, Did I ruin it for you and her?

He shruged, "It doesnt seem like it. She was amazingly, ok with it. I had to tell her everything. She is very bright and wouldnt believe you made a name mistake. "

They both laughed and she said, "Really, She was ok with you pretending to be a girl. "

"Yep, surprising isn't it?"

"Yeah, for a girl her age. Girls that age are usually ruthlessly cruel. So tell me more about this amazing girl you found."

"She is a year older than me, Shes a junior. Oh and she is on the schools cheerleading squad. She is very smart. She said she plans on going to nursing school. She wants to be a registered nurse. "

"Wow like me, She has her work cut out for her. You said she is a cheerleader, I bet you want to try out her outfit."

He blushed brightly. "Yes. She looks so hot in it. I so want to wear it too. "

They both started laughing. They spent two hours together like mother and daughter.

She waited till after the Movie to tell him, "Jamie, I hope this doesn't upset you but I scheduled another salon appointment for you. This time, your scheduled to have your eyebrows waxed. "

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'd hazard to guess that

I'd hazard to guess that every TS wants to have a cheerleader uniform on at one time or another. I know I do and did. Sweet story.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy
http://i-know-i-know-but.net/

It looks very much

like Jamie's Mom is not the only one who rather wished that her son was her daughter...Slowly but surely she is putting her plans into place, And Jamie far from fighting against them seems to be embracing them fully!!!

Nice little story which says a lot in a few well chosen words, And i suppose if you wanted, And if your muse takes you,It could be expanded into something longer!!!

Kirri:

That old debate.

Was it not discussed right here on BCTS that there were experiments, and the victim (forced to live the wrong life) was utterly distraught. I agree, Jamie is here to stay. But it surely looks like James is also a keeper!

And as for cheerleader outfit, I would hazard a guess it is half the image it projects, half innate sexiness - the very epitome of feminine behaviour, half joy of being 'accepted and popular', and half really bad math skills that sometimes seem to be cliche'd. :grin:

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

very epitome of feminine behaviour

im not so sure about that. From what I have watched and learned about cheerleading as a sport is, cheerleading is brutal. Those women are very talented phycially, it takes alot of stength and talent. They work hard at it and they get alot of injurys. Maybe the uniform itself it very feminine

In looking at my own

In looking at my own obsession with Cheerleading I can say that it's the uniform AND the acceptance that is part of the whole subculture. Cheerleaders are popular, to the outside world they are always happy, without problems, they are liked by everyone, they are friends with everyone. They can have the world on a platter if they want. For most teens who feel outside of the social structure, who feel isolated and downtrodden by various factors, it is intoxicating.

For TS girls (at least for me) add that sense of belonging with cute outfits, feminine mannerisms, accepted social interactions and the "popular" label, and it can be a hell of an intoxicating brew. Most TS girls that I have talked to about this don't care about the sports clubs, the actual athleticism, the encouragement of the sports clubs or the rest of the school, they want those factors I listed above. But I've also know real cheerleaders, and they work awfully hard at presenting a facade of perfection, and they work just as hard as anyone on the football field or soccer field or baseball field or basketball court, etc.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy
http://i-know-i-know-but.net/

Hope Cheryl can save Jamie,

Hope Cheryl can save Jamie, cause mom's a loony-toon, hiding the drugs in the milk will come soon.

I know, I know .. tis only a story ... and you should keep writing,

I'll root for james to make choices in his own time.

Best of luck bringing your mind's eye view to the page.

Who needs saving?

James and Jamie both seem happy, and I don't see anything urgently screaming "NO!" in this at all. Mom seems cool, the girlfriend is wonderful-seems like a choice slice of heaven, to me. Cool story!

Wren

Loony mother?

Well she doesn't seem to be normal in her brain. Seriously putting her son into girls clothes might very well be social murder. She's comepensating for having no daughter and she ought to visit a shrink and not dress up her son. He seems to be ok with it. For now.
He's been pushed into feminity and only does it for his mother. Seems to be emotional blackmail of the highest order.

Maybe I read to much into this, but I have real issues with the mother. The girlfriend seems to be cool though.

Thank you for writing this interesting story,

Beyogi

James-Jamie

May be simply humoring her, but by barging in like she did, she basically made sure that his secret was out, isolating him. She needs to RESPECT her son.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

she respects her son

Yeah. The mother just made a mistake and she realized that. She came home early and expected her son to be alone and he wasn's.

It Remains To Be Seen

jengrl's picture

It remains to be seen whether Cheryl is trustworthy enough to keep Jamie's secret. I knew a few cheerleaders in school and some of them were real chatterboxes when they were around their friends. She could carelessly let it slip out and the whole school would know in a day's time.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

I thought of that, too.

But I choose to believe she is just as nice as we are shown. It COULD be a springboard to a sequel, though!

Wren

Cute story. But I know

Cute story. But I know several guys that go by Jamie, as a nickname for James, so it's not that uncommon, even for adults. As a childhood nickname that mom hasn't yet abandoned, it should have been an easy sell. And Lifetime? For years, one of the crutches that propped up my denial was that I had zero interest in anything shown of Lifetime. If that was programming for women, then I wasn't a woman since you couldn't pay me to watch that stuff. Over the years I came to realize that none of the other women I knew had any use for Lifetime, either. I'm still not sure who their target demographic is, but it's not me or any of the women I actually know.

Mir

lifetime

Yeah I know your right lol. Some women love it and alot really dont. I know alot of women that do watch it and I like some of the shows on the station and im a guy lol.
I guess I should have chosen a more feminine sounding name for his mother to call him. Like Tiffany, Amber, Jessica then there would be no way he could deny it
IM thinking of doing a longer rewrite this story has really sparked my intereast

Yet another great story start, W.G.Guy

As with a number of your stories, I really enjoy the situations you set up. also, how you bring us into the character's feelings and reactions...
Please continue with this story, i'm intregued...

i'm looking forward to more of Jamie's adventures and memories of evenings past.
My only regret with your stories is that they seem too short! I want more...

keep up the wonderfully creative work..

miki

For some reason i could

For some reason i could identify with Jamie, so I really look forward for the next part.

I can't agree that Jamie is

I can't agree that Jamie is just a girls name. I have a couple friends who definitely are not females and could not pass as one in any manner, and they are named Jamie. At work, they were always referred to as Jamie 1 (stands around 6'6")and Jamie 2. (stands around 6'2") As far as I always understood, it is another one of those "could be either gender" names, like Shirley, Beverely, Sandy, Stacey, Danny and such. I believe alot of time, it is all in how the name is spelled as to whether it becomes a girls or boys name.
This is a cute story from its beginning; but I do have to agree that James' Mother could have checked before she called him Jamie, if they were trying to keep it a secret.
Will be waiting to see what Cheryl does with her new found information. Janice Lynn

ok my mistake

i will rewrite it and use Tiffany the next time. You are right
Shirley and Beverly can be either? I never saw a guy amed Shirley or Beverly. Not many are Jamie either. maybe as kids but the guys i know are james and dont like being called Jamie

Cheryll

Should meet my mom,she calls me, and everyone else every name but our own xD I often get called by my mother's dog's name Kira mew xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Jaime Fox, Jaime Farr

RAMI

There are many Jaime's who are boys. It is a common boys name.
Great story, but it seems what to Jaime was a act of love for his mother, is turning into something more as mom pushes the envelope. The key to the future is Cheryl. What will she do with the knowledge. I guess she can keep it quite, but use it to have certain types of fun with Jaime. Perhaps as 2 girls on a shopping spree.

RAMI

RAMI