Healing Mishap -19-

Printer-friendly version

Healing Mishap -19-
By Lanzaq

“Still trying I see.” Darrius said laughing his attack flowing together making an almost impenetrable defense in itself. “I thought I would take you alive, however after everything you have put me through I don’t think so! “ He roared going for a killing blow only to find his daggers slicing through the now molten metal of Ash’s two handed sword.


---===---

“You, you. Idiot! Are you trying to set the entire tavern on fire?” Cael said raising her hand and preparing an incantation only to stop halfway through. “Guys. I think it would be best that we start heading down stairs.” She said urgently. “Like as soon as possible.”

“Why do you say that?” Raleigh said too intent on the two swordfighters to notice the slowly growing blaze.

“If we don’t there will be problems. Kate please start evacuating the rooms down the hallways.” Cael said. ‘I told myself I wouldn’t wear this robe, so I wore it under lyssa’s dress because I couldn’t stand the idea of watching anything so...obnoxiously bright coloured, however it must either highly magical or an artifact.’

“Okay.” Kate nodded before going down the hallway knocking on doors and pointing to the fight.

“I will end this now.” Darrius said. “αφύσικη ταχύτητα!” at the end of this incantation Darrius began moving faster than before, as if someone had lifted a massive weight off his shoulders. He went on the immediate offensive. Striking repeatedly, unrelentingly, to kill.

Ash kept her defense up. However she knew that the fight would have to come to an end quickly.

“Etoile...Let’s go! That blaze, it isn’t normal!” Erin said pointing at the growing blaze with one hand and grabbing hers with the other.

“I am immortal, so I don’t care. However I know you mortals cling to life as if you can achieve something.” she said watching the fight and shaking his hand off hers.

Erin just sat there. watching with her. “I know you are immortal, but doesn’t fire still hurt you?”

“Didn’t you understand the hint? Go.” Etoile said waving him away like a small dog. “Go now,” she added as he went down the inn stairs, followed by everyone except Kate, and the fighters. “Because I care about you idiot.“

Ash sat in one spot attempting to block the onslaught. However his new found speed made it almost impossible to block everything.

“Still trying I see.” Darrius said laughing his attack flowing together making an almost impenetrable defense in itself. “I thought I would take you alive, however after everything you have put me through I don’t think so! “ He roared going for a killing blow only to find his daggers slicing through the now molten metal of Ash’s two handed sword.

‘When did she?” He questioned mentally as Ash slung the now glowing hot metal.

“Taste steel.” Was all Ash said as what was left of the sword splattered him across the face, neck and chest.

He screamed in pain and rage as he fell to the floor. Ash walked past Etoile to get to the stairs.

As she disappeared from view Etoile smiled to herself. “Looks like he made the right choice after all.”


---===---

Lanzerus came to, still in one piece, well-fed and clothed in what appeared to be sewn together from nicely crafted leather and what looked like a white scarf. However he touched in confirming that it was some sort of white ermine or ferret pelt..

As if on cue his headache flared, he could practically feel the blade his headache made trying to cleave his head in two. “Son of a bitch, stole my glasses. God damn it!” He screamed sitting up in bed, only to worsen his headache. “When I find him. I was originally going to reprimand him for his actions, however taking a man’s glasses is going too far!”

A small blond haired child walked into the room, wide-eyed and afraid of the man. On spotting her Lanzerus smiled, hiding his headache. “Hello, I am Fath...Lanzerus.” he extended a hand to the little girl. The girl took the hand, it easily dwarfed her small delicate hand. “I assume it was a ‘nother one of your tribesmen that saved my life?”

The girl looked up at him and nodded. Lanzerus got a good, long, and blurry look at her face and that was when he realized why he passed out in anger. The child had pink eyes, but he held his tongue. ‘Lanzer they saved your life. even if they are world-filth they are still your saviours.’ She quickly left and dragged in a woman, essentially an image of the child twenty winters later. Long blond hair. small, slightly pointed ears, and pink eyes.

“Greetings and welcome back to living.” The woman said with a chuckle. “I hope daughter Elsi didn’t bother you when you sleep. She was just shocked that human man found his way into our camp before falling.” The woman said clasping her hands in front of her. “my very limited CAL is acceptable for you understanding?”

Lanzerus looked at the woman half confused. his vision clouding out of pain. The woman saw what was going on and quickly caught the back of his head and lowered him to the pillow on the make-shift bed made from leaves and animal pelts. she turned to her daughter and spoke what sounded like gibberish to Lanzerus. Before he blacked back out. He watched the young elf scamper off and fetch something for her mother. Before he fell back into blackness he could taste the bitterness of the potion running down his throat.

In the end he drifted into sleep comfortably, and woke up even more comfortably. Lanzerus woke up a few hours later, the sun was getting ready to set when he got out of bed and stretched for the first time in what felt like an eternity. His headache gone and with it all other aches and pains. Lanzerus did a more in-depth examination to find that even his smallest cuts and scrapes were gone. However his vision was still horrible.

Elsi poked her head in to see him stretching and quickly took his hand and smiled at him. Lanzerus let himself be led by the girl. He watched himself be led past the woman. “Mimma. ‘tha man’ is needing of glasses.”

‘Mimma’ just smiled at the girl. “Ta Fara. Opti arc prome Fara, Elsi.” she said. back to her. “Ta CAL, ma gresti.”

Lanzerus felt his blood boil listening to her talk, he could feel her words like pins and needles. Goosebumps rose to his skin as he listened. Mentally it was played back to him. “Your Father. Glasses are from your Father Elsi.” and “Your CAL, is better than mine.”

“Father Grigorii. I hope where ever in the nine circles of hell you are...You are burning nicely.” Lanzerus said. The two elves exchanged quizzical looks back and forth.


---===---

Derrik found himself in front of the gates of Reion. A line of traders, trappers, wealthy merchants, slavers, mercenaries, and a little bit of every other profession you could think of. At the gate, or what he thought was the gate entrance, was a gaurd post, checking every single person entering the city.

“They say the guards are searching because of the recent outbreak of plague.” A man dressed head to toe in pelts and claws of some variety said to the man next to him.

the man just scoffed and drew his, although well worn, quite ornate sword. “ I will run these sprats through. When I served as a guard we didn’t care about plague, if the people in the town were able to get sick then they deserved to die.” His chainmail clinking with every movement.

Derrik got an idea, and he rummaged around Lanzerus’ backpack and pulled out the leather boots. “Thousand league boots.” he whispered. He quickly pulled off the clerica shoes he stole and slipped the other pilfered boots on. With a quick dash he found himself in the center of the town almost in the central fountain.

An unwashed, and stinking man dressed in rags walked forward. He smiled at Derrik, his dirt and scrape covered hands outstretched. “Sir. Please? Only a couple copper?” his stomach growling to add emphasis to his statement.

Derrik pulled out a handkerchief and placed it over the man’s dirty, disgusting hand. “Come with me. I know where a place that can provide for a person like you.” He said smiling at the man.


---===---


No news really. Feel free to comment or give positive feedback. I always enjoy listening to what you have to say.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

CAL?

Common, err, something language? Nice to see these coming out more frequently again!
Hugs!
Grover

RE: CAL?

sorry, I might have mentioned it. "Common Area Language." essentially a mutually agreed on language that the races have decided to share.

...uh my signature?

Healing Mishap -19-

Never can tell what will happen in this fast paced romp.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I love this story, maybe

I love this story, maybe because I just restarted playing WoW, but it's a really nice story, The characters are finally getting some true depth.

Because this story isn't only focused on Cael, I keep wondering how (s)he is handeling everything, but I like that, It keeps the story more lively, not constantly focusing on hir.

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

more

zulu mack's picture

Please continue with this story