Andrew’s Dilemma Part 15

Printer-friendly version

--SEPARATOR--

Andrew’s Dilemma
Part 15
By, Cain129

Special Thanks to Wren Phoenix for the editing.--SEPARATOR--

Synopsis:   Life for Jessica has been pretty easy until now, but there is a storm coming, and her enemies are slowly closing in on her. Everything is not as it seems and it’s Andrew that they are searching for. but up till now Jessica only existed with a select group of people. Now that Jessica’s mother suspects that her son is living as a girl, what will she do with that information?

--SEPARATOR--

 

Chapter 33
Sarah’s Awaking

Sarah Roberts was not a happy camper. When her sister Janet and Dr. Robbins rejoined her, they broke the news that she was going to be hospitalized for the next 48 hours on a psychiatric evaluation. In her mind she was perfectly fine, and didn’t need to be hospitalized but she was not really being given a choice.

So Sarah reluctantly allowed herself to be admitted against her own better judgment, but she know if she didn’t do it on her own, they would force her into it. At least this way, things might not be as bad, and once she passed their damn evaluation. They would have to leave her alone..

She really didn’t know what to think about the child she had watched earlier. She was almost positive that she had seen Andrew, and it had affected her in a way that she never really expected. There was definitely something about that child, she seemed so different somehow, not like her Andrew at all and yet, after watching for awhile the lines became blurred. She was sure that it was Andrew, and Andrew was a boy, of course. The vibe she was getting off this child though, was defiantly not   that of a boy.

When she had watched, what she had seen was a girl, and she had looked so happy and content. Andrew had never had that. If Sarah had been given the choice of the two children, she knew that she would choose the girl any day.   Sarah knew that after everything that had happened, the chances of getting Andrew back were next to impossible. To be honest, she knew that she had nothing to offer the child, not anymore anyway. She realized that she had been through too much, and should have never had a child. Maybe someday she really would be ready, but she wasn’t at the moment.

She looked over at Janet, and then at Dr. Robbins.

  “I will go willingly,” Sarah said, wiping the tears from her eyes. “I am just so tired of everything, and I only have myself to blame.”

  It was at that moment that Sarah accepted the fact that, in her own way, she was just as much a monster as her husband was, maybe even worse.”

After Sarah was settled in, Janet made the drive home. She was happy to know that Sarah was finally going to get help. Even though she had been somewhat reluctant, at least it was a start. She only hoped that once Sarah was there for a while, she would open up to someone. Janet loved her sister, but the truth was, you can’t help someone that is not willing to help themselves. Until now, Sarah had refused to see that she had a problem. It had always been easier to put the blame on everyone else’s back. She had not expected Sarah to agree to be admitted. She had been sure her sister would put up a fight, but for whatever reason Sarah accepted her fate.

Janet guessed that only time would tell if Sarah really wanted to change.   It was much easier for Sarah to go back to her old habits. Janet knew change never comes easy. Their father had abused Janet before he had moved on to little Sarah. Perhaps it had been less extreme for Janet, but she knew that as soon as she was old enough, she had done nothing but run. Worse, she had abandoned her sister to their father.

Janet had been unable to do anything but escape. It was several years before she realized she really needed help to deal with what had happened to her, but she had finally found someone to whom she could talk, and it had really helped. Janet felt that it was up to Sarah, now. She had to accept that she would need help in dealing with everything.

Strangely, it had never occurred to Janet that she had simply run away from her sister when she had needed help-again. She let someone else deal with the demons Sarah needed to face. The help Sarah most needed was sitting at home; satisfied that everything was being handled.

[-][+][-]

I’d been in the hospital now for a few days, and for the most part I was in very little pain. I felt that I was ready to go home but Dr. Masters said the he wanted to run some tests before he would allow me to escape. I found myself being visited by the resident vampire, who drained me of five vials of blood and other bodily fluids, which I don’t really think that I need to go into. If Dr. Masters needed them, then the sooner he had his samples, the faster I would be going home.

It was around 6pm when I had a knock on my door, I had been watching a video on my phone when I looked up and saw Anthony smiling at me.

“Daddy!” I soon found myself in his loving arms. I hadn’t seen him in a couple of days, which was normal for him because of his work. Sometimes he had to go out of town for a day or so.

“How’s my girl?” he said with a smile.

“Much better, now that you are here! Do you feel like taking a walk, Daddy?”

“Sure baby, where do you want to go?” Daddy asked me.

“How about we hit the cafeteria and grab something to drink, and then take it outside for a while, Daddy?” I said smiling.

I guess that would be fine but I think that it would be a good idea to use a wheelchair, honey. We don’t want you over doing it, so they‘d ending up keeping you longer!” Anthony said as he pulled the chair over next to my bed.

“Alright Daddy, but I really don’t need it”

“Maybe not, honey. I would feel much better if you used it, though,” he said with a frown.

“No! Not the frown! I surrender!” I’m such a ham, sometimes.

I soon found myself being pushed down the corridor and onto the elevator. It really didn’t take us very long to make it to the cafeteria. After walking off the elevator, it was just around the corner. I ordered a coke and I saw that they had huge Chocolate Macaroons. I had always had a sweet tooth when it came to macaroons, and Daddy ended up buying me a dozen.

  It wasn’t long before Daddy and I were outside. There were these beautiful flowers that had been planted near the sidewalk, and I found myself leaning down to smell them. They really had a sweet smell to them, and I would have loved to pick some, but something told me the hospital wouldn’t really appreciate me doing that. I took a seat next to Daddy and once I was comfortable he put his arm around me and just held me.

It felt really nice as he held me, I looked up at him. “Have you found anything our about my adoption or my name change Daddy?”

Not yet sweetheart, just be patient. These things can take time, and besides, we don’t need legal papers to make you our daughter, honey. As far as Janice and I are concerned, you are already our daughter, and you have been since the day you moved in with us Jessica. The paperwork will just make it legal,” Anthony said as he leaned over and kissed my forehead.

Hearing those words really touched my heart, and I found tears running down my face. Anthony just held me and told me it was alright if I wanted to cry.

I smiled, “I am just so happy Anthony. You don’t know what this all means to me. Before, I had nothing and I was alone, scared and so bloody confused, I really thought that it would be better off for everyone if I wasn’t here.”

“I know, baby. Things are different now, you are different, and there is no reason that you will ever have to feel like that again. You have a family that will love and support you no matter what the future holds, that will never change”, Anthony said as he gave me another hug and kiss.

“So where did they have you the last couple of days?” I asked Daddy.

“I was in Seattle. We have a new contract there, and I needed to iron out the details with management.” Anthony said

“I wouldn’t mind maybe seeing Seattle someday.” I said smiling

“It’s not really that far, so maybe we can spend the weekend there this summer.”

“That would be nice, Daddy!”

“I have something that I have wanted to ask you Jessica. If you don’t want to do it, I understand. I know you have a lot going on right now, but I think it would be really fun and the two of us would have a blast.” Anthony said smiling.

“What is it, Daddy?”

“There is a music festival coming up in June, my band used to play there every year but since the band broke up I haven’t been able to attend and have really missed playing my music. The song that we worked on together was one I’d been writing for the festival. I can’t do this alone and I would really like to have you with me.” Anthony said, hopefully.

I thought about what Anthony just said, after everything he and his family had done for me, how could I really say no? I was scared to death about singing in front of that many people, but I also knew that I would do anything to make my family happy. I knew this would mean a lot to Anthony.

I looked over at him and smiled. “I think I’ll be scared to death at the idea of singing in front of all those people Anthony, but if you want to do this, I will do it for you.”

  “Don’t worry, everyone is scared at first. We have plenty of time to get you ready for the show and if you feel at anytime that it’s too much, we don’t have to do it. honey”. Anthony said with a big, reassuring smile.

“Thanks Daddy, lets just see how it goes. If we’re going to do this, then we’re going to need to find the time to practice together and I think that we will need to find a decent band.”

“Let me worry about finding a decent band Jessica”, Anthony said smiling.

“All right, Daddy knows best!” I said smiling.

[-][+][-]

Chapter 34

Jessica’s Homecoming

Anthony stayed till visiting hours were over, and after he dropped me off at my room he was on his way. I thought about the two of us performing at the festival together. We would still have to audition, so nothing was really set and it would be fun whether we the two of us were accepted or not. Even though I was scared, I would do my best to make sure that we were selected if not for myself but for Anthony. As I settled into bed for the night I thought about the possibility of going home in the morning I just hoped that Dr. Masters said it was alright as far as healing went I could do that just as well at home as I could in the hospital.

 

[-][+][-]

 

I managed to sleep through the night without to many problems, and I was in very little pain as I slowly climbed out of bed and went to the bath room. Finally, I had to use my new pluming for the first time. It felt really funny having to sit down and go, but I knew that in time I wouldn’t even notice the difference. It kind of stung at first and because there was still plenty of swelling it pretty much went everywhere. So after I finished I took a few minutes to clean up and ran a shower. It would be a while before I was able to have a bath but taking a shower would have to do for the moment.

There were so many things that I wanted to get done once I was released the first thing was I wanted to get my hair cut and styled and maybe even have it colored. It was time for a change; I would bring it up to Janice later. After I finished fixing my hair, I went into my room and grabbed my makeup bag. Granted, I really didn’t have a lot of stuff inside it, but there was still enough to make me presentable. So I returned to the bathroom and used the mirror and a few minutes later I felt much better and was ready to face the day.

Breakfast arrived, which turned out to be bacon and eggs, if you really wanted to call it that. The eggs were overcooked to the point that they were almost tasteless, and the bacon was so hard that it would have been a good idea to have a dentist on call, just to fix all the broken teeth that were to follow. Whoever said breakfast was the best meal of the day must have never spent time in the hospital. It was a good thing that Daddy left me $20.00 last night before leaving because after Dr. Masters visited me, I would be taking a trip to the cafeteria and having a decent breakfast.

As I waited for him to arrive I picked up Anthony’s guitar and started working on a song that had been running through my head. It was a rocking country type song and I still hadn’t come up with any words for it yet. Though I had an idea of what it would be able at the moment I was just trying to get the melody down and once that was finished the words would most likely come to me on there own, that really seemed to be the way it worked for me, not that I really wrote songs very often but lately for some reason I have been feeling really creative and the only thing I could chalk it up to was all the positive changes that have been occurring within my life.


It was around 10 am when Dr. Masters arrived and like yesterday he was all smiles.

“Good Morning Jessica How’s my favorite patient this morning?”

I smiled, “I am doing great, but would really like to be going home.”

I don’t see any problem with that Jessica, all your blood work came back and everything looks good, what I was check for was your hormone levels, I just wanted to make sure everything was alright before I released you but are a few things that I want to discuss with you first, up till recently because of your medical condition your body wasn’t producing the right amount of hormones, so your levels were off and that is part of the reason that you have taking so long to develop, but the levels are now starting to rise and you can expect to see major changes within the next few months both mentally and physically, So you need to be prepared for the changes as they start occurring.

“What is going to happen?” I asked

“Most of it is considered normal for a woman Jessica!” The first thing will be your period, now that your body is equipped and it has a place to go, or should I say exit you will have to be ready, there will also be mood swings during that time of month. I can’t tell you how bad they will be because it’s different for every woman.”

“Alright I was expecting the period but not the mood swings”, I said frowning.

“That is part of being a woman Jessica and you will get used to It.”, Dr. Masters said

“I guess you are right, but it is going to still be a little scary the first time.” I said

You’re mother asked me to make an appointment with a doctor from our phyricatric department, so you should be getting a call within the next week Jessica, and I want to see you at least once a month for the next three months.

“Alright Doctor Masters, but is there something that I need to worry about, is that the reason that you want to see me?”

“I don’t think there is anything to worry about Jessica, I just want to keep an eye on your hormone levels and make sure everything is working properly.”

“Alright you know what’s best for me and thank you for everything”, yours welcome Jessica, “I will go and make the arrangements for your discharge and you can call your mother and tell her that I am sending up home.”

 

[-][+][-]


I was pretty happy about being discharged from the hospital and gave mom a call and told her the good news, she was as happy about it as I was and said she would grab some clothes for me and would be at the hospital around 11 pm. So after getting off the phone with her, I sent a text to Amy and told her that I would be leaving the hospital in a few hours. That way she wouldn’t be waste her lunch hour traveling over to see me, and I also said that I would call her later.

After I finished using my phone, I took a walk down to the recreation room, there was no one around so I walked over and took a seat on the bench in front of the piano, and joined my hands together and cracked my knuckles.   I then started playing a new song that I had been hearing on the radio, It took me a few tries to get the melody down then I moved unto the chorus and it took a little more work but I had the whole song within 20 minute, then I started playing the song, by Ronny Dunn, “Bleed Red” and singing the words to the song.

 

I had been so caught up in the song that I hadn’t noticed that I was no long alone; there were a couple of other patients that had joined me. One was a girl who was maybe 9 years old and a boy about the same age.

“Your pretty good”, the girl said, “I am April and this is James”, she said referring to the boy that was with her.

“Hi April and James, I said with a smile, “I am Jessica it’s nice to meet the both of you.” I said with a smile.


“Have you been playing very long asked April?”

“Not really just a few years I guess”, I said with a smile

“Is it hard to learn?” asked James.

“It can be James, some people are born with a gift and pick it up fast while others take longer I am just lucky I guess because I was born with a gift for music.”

“What else can you play”, Asked April as she joined me on the bench and James stood behind the two of us.

I thought for a minute then started playing the lead in to stand by me on the piano, and started singing the words. It didn’t really take long but by the middle of the song I was no longer singing alone April and James were also singing along with me and the three of us were having a pretty good time together.

It wasn’t long before April and I were being dragged over to take turns playing a video game against James, who pretty much spent that next hours killing the two of us off, but it was cool, we were having lots of fun, but time tends to fly when your having fun and before I knew it I heard my voice being called and when I turned around I saw that it was Janice. So I said my goodbyes to April and James.

A few minutes later Mom and I were back in my room and mom handed me a bag inside it was my baby blue sundress, which just happened to be my favorite. So I soon found myself slipping into it along with a pair of sandals that mom had also brought with her. All that I needed to do now was freshen up my makeup and I was ready to go.   I soon found myself sitting back in the dreaded wheel chair and had all of my possessions sitting on my lap being my clothes, a giant teddy bear and flowers.

After mom finished signing all the paper work the two of us headed outside with a nurse pushing the chair while mom went to retrieve her car. The nurse and I only had to wait a few minutes before mom pulled up in front of us and after mom placed my stuff in the backseat I climbed out of the chair and into the passenger side of mom’s car while at the same time, I thanked the nurse for taking such good care of me. Then mom and I were finely on our way.

It was still pretty early in the day and I knew that Megan and Jennifer would still be in school, so I turned to mom, “do you think that we could go somewhere first before we go home?”

“Where do you want to go baby?”

“I am a girl that has lived as a boy most of my life and I want to get my hair done, maybe even have it colored.”

Mom smiled, “Alright honey lets see if I can’t get you in somewhere, but lets grab a coffee at starbucks first mom”’ said with a smile.

Chapter 35

 

Jake woke up feeling like he had been hit by a truck and slowly pulled himself off the floor, his head hurt like hell. That he could blame on his drinking but as he made his way into the bathroom and saw his face, he was not a happy man he was now sporting a black eye thanks to Rocco. He then headed into the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee after looking around for something to drink and finding nothing he cursed Rocco, and then said that coffee would have to do till he could find something stronger.

As he made his way into the kitchen he could smell that the coffee was already on and there was what smelled like eggs and bacon cooking. As he went through the door he found Rocco busy at the stove, Jake looked over at Rocco where did all this stuff come from. “Well the money came from your wallet”, Rocco said with a smile, and while you were sleeping I did some shopping.

Rocco looked over at Jake, “ The next time you talk to me like you did yesterday you are going to get more then a black eye Jake”, I am not some defenseless child that you car terrorize.”, Rocco said calmly.

Jake nodded, “It won’t happen again” I can promise you that Jake said rubbing his swelling eye. So what about my son, does Vincent have any idea’s where they would take him? Asked Jake

Not yet but believe me if Vincent wants to find someone he can, Rocco said as he flipped the eggs over then poured himself a cup of coffee and one for Jake.

Jake looked at the eggs and bacon then at Rocco, I appreciate that you took the time to make breakfast but I don’t think that I am going to be able to hold anything down.

You have a problem Jake, and blaming your son for it, isn’t the solution, you created this mess because of your drinking, none of it would have happened had you not been drinking and even if you can silence your son, your problems are not going to go away there only going to become worse. It’s not my job to baby sit you Jake, but you would have done something stupid last night because you were drinking and acting like a complete asshole.

Jake your biggest problem besides the drinking is you don’t think things through first instead you just react to it, which is good for something’s but you need to think things though before you act on them, if you had gone to the Tanner’s last night what do you think would have happened, someone would have called the police and even if Andrew had been there how far do you think you would have getting before the police caught you. If you ask me it wouldn’t have taking them very long.

Just so you know I had a call from Vincent last night your wife Sarah was admitted at Ottawa General Hospital on a 48 hour psychiatric evaluation. “How did Vincent find this out?” asked Jake.

 

Vincent is the kind of guy that keeps track on all of the people that works for him, including there families. It makes it easier him to keep you quiet if your get arrested knowing that he can get to your family any time he wishes but in your case Jake, “I doubt that even matters because the only person that you really care about is yourself.” Rocco said with a frown.

“That is pretty cold Rocco”, Jake said

“Then prove me wrong Jake”, Leave Andrew alone you have the power to end this anytime you want Jake”, Rocco said

“I can’t too much has happened and already, I would end up in jail”, Jake said

“Yes you would Jake but if that happens it will be easy time for you, we can make sure of it”, Rocco said as he took a drink of his coffee.

Jake thought about it for a few minutes, “No if I can get to Andrew, I can guarantee that he will keep quiet.” Without having to worry about going to jail, it is pretty much his word against mine.

“Maybe Jake but things don’t always work out the way you plan them too, that is why you came looking for our help”, Rocco said

“I am done talking about it Rocco, I am not going to change my mind”. Jake said trying to remain calm.

“Alright Jake it’s your funeral”, Rocco said in frustration.

 

[-][+][-]

 

After mom and I arrived at starbucks and had our drinks in front of us the two of us grabbed a table outside, being such a nice day it would have been a sin to spend it inside. So as the two of us relaxed she took out her phone and made a call to her salon to see if they would be able to squeeze me in. So after mom talked to this woman for a few minutes and explained that I just got out of the hospital they agreed to squeeze me in for 1 pm, which was pretty cool but left mom and I two hours to kill before we had to be a the salon for the appointment.

So giving we had a couple of hours to kill mom and I headed to the mall to grab a bite to eat and do a little bit of shopping. Considering my present condition it was pretty slow going but mom was patient with me and even let me take breaks now and then just too rest by the time we left the mall I had a nice little black dress that mom insisted on buying, her logic was that I would be needing it eventually when we went out to dinner or if I had a date.   She had also picked out a pair of black shoes, I had no idea how I was going to walk in the because of the size of the heels but mom insisted that I would get used to it in no time at all.
Mom and I arrived at the Salon with 10 minutes to spare and once inside Mom talked to a woman there and then the both of them came over.

“Hi Jessica, I am Dianne and I will be taking care of you today.”

“Hi Dianne, It’s nice to meet you and thanks for squeezing me in”

“It’s not a problem honey, with you just getting out of the hospital and all how could I say no”, Dianne said with a smile.

I followed Dianne to an empty chair in the back of the Salon and she spent a few minutes playing with my hair. I can see why you needed to see me. “What have you been washing your hair with Jessica a flame thrower”. Dianne said laughing.

I smiled, “I guess you can say that I have been a tomboy for quiet awhile, It’s time for something new”, I said with a smile.

Dianne smiled, “well I would say it’s about time a girl as pretty as you should not hide yourself away from the world.

“Thanks Dianne”, I said smiling

“So what do you have in mind honey?” asked Dianne

“I guess that I would like my hair to be darker to start with”, I am not sure of the style though, I said smiling.

Diane reached over to the counter and pulled out a book and started thumbing through the pages and then looked over at me and went back to the book till she found something she liked then showed me the picture I looked at it then to Dianne.

“Do you really think this is me?” I said frowning

  Dianne smiled, “It’s perfect for you Jessica and easy for you to take care of.”

I turned to mom,” what do you think?”

Mom smiled, “I think Dianne is right it’s prefect for you honey.”

“Alright Dianne let’s do it”, I said nervously.

 

 

End of part 15
To be continued in part 16

 

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Glad She Is Finally Out Of The Hospital

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpg Glad she finally got out of the hospital. I guess there just might be a chance at some sort of redemption for Jessica's biological mother. She is finally realizing that she was just as responsible for what happened in not protecting her child. Rocco pegged Jake right on the nose. He is only concerned about himself and he will never learn. I hope Rocco is right about it being his funeral if he refuses to give up on his quest to get at Jessica.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Nope!

Andrea Lena's picture

Sorry, same author, but different sub-genre'; no nanites or Super Soldiers. Just a poor kid with two selfish and foolish excuses for parents that neglect and/or abuse their only child. Fantasy vs. Real Life, where real life horrors are always much scarier than make believe, since they happen all the time. Deliverance comes not from super heroes but from real people who are showing the child love and acceptance for the first time in her life. Easy to confuse I suppose.


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Rocco

RAMI

It appears that Jake won't learn, despite being given the opportunity to back away from his plans. Rocco seems to perhaps be the person who might help save Jessica from an attack from his father. I think that that attack will come after Jake visits Sarah in the hospital and Sarah tells him of her thoughts regarding a relationship between Andrew and Jessica.

RAMI

RAMI

Logical...

...but doesn't the court injunction against Jake include Sarah? It doesn't sound as though she's going to ask him to visit any time soon, and it'd take gross incompetence on the part of the hospital staff and/or some kind of strongarm tactics from Vincent (which seems unlikely) to get him in there.

Of course, if he did get there it probably wouldn't be much trouble for him to intimidate her into providing the information.

Eric

would he care

RAMI

I do not think the injunction would bother him. He does not give a damn. Hospital security is a joke. He could also wait till she is home or at her sisters before he confronts her.

RAMI

RAMI

One way or another a collision is coming

I suspect however that Jessica's makeover may help deflect suspicion for a bit longer. Sarah might mention that girl looking like Andrew but with luck Jessica will be out of the hospital just before Jake arrives.

Sarah may one day reconcile with her daughter. Jake is definitely on a collision course with something bad.

Kim

Is it evil of me to wish

Is it evil of me to wish Rocco would hurry up and put a bullet in Jake's excuse for a brain, if it is evil for me to think that can I at least be let off on account that I am just thinking about Jessica's welfare?

Great story :) Thanks

Lizzie

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

If Rocco is smart,

and I believe he is, he will stop Jake before he can act. That sort of behavior (Jake abducting Jessica) will come back on Rocco's boss like a ton of bricks. If Rocco cannot deflect Jake then he will have to put him down.

SuZie

SuZie