Mirror Image Part 04

Printer-friendly version

 

Part Four of Five

Important notice to fans of Sara’ work, please read the following Blog post :)
http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/blog/38506/i-wont-be-laying-do...

Chapter Seven

    Emma was sat having her second mug of coffee for the morning when her cell phone started ringing and she saw it was Paul calling her.

     “Hi Bro, what can I do for you this morning?” Emma asked sounding happy.

     “Can you talk sis?” Paul asked cryptically.

     “I thought I already was talking to you bro.” Emma replied with a ‘are you stupid’ tone to it.

     “No, I mean is Laura sat with you at the minute?” Paul said with some annoyance in his voice. “I need to pick your brain about our date.” Paul explained the reason for the call.

     “Laura is taking a shower at the minute, so feel free to pick away.” Emma said in a musical tone.

     “I need to know a good place to take her to sis, some place classy.” Paul asked. “I don’t want it to look cheap for her.” Paul added sounding worried.

     “Laura won’t give a damn just as long as you have fun bro.” Emma replied. “Why do you think she needs to be treated to a classy meal anyway?” Emma asked sounding puzzled.

     “She’s a millionaire, and well out of my league sis.” Paul snapped, like Emma should know this already.

     “Yes she is a millionaire, but less than a week ago, she was living in her car and wondering where the next meal was coming from.” Emma pointed out. “Just treat her like a lady and show her a fun time.” Emma added in a calm voice as she tried to help her brother calm down.

     “Are you sure she’ll be alright with me just showing her a normal good time?” Paul asked, not sure his sister was right about this.

     “Trust me, you could take her to see a movie and then go for Chinese after, and she would love every minute of it, just because she was doing it all with you baby brother.” Emma said.

     “I can do that.” Paul said sounding much happier now.

     “Just let Laura pick the film.” Emma warned.

     “What if she picks some chick flick?” Paul whined down the phone.

     “Then you buy the tickets and enjoy it with her, and don’t ever call a film a chick flick again.” Emma said through gritted teeth.

     “Okay, okay, point taken.” Paul chuckled. “Thanks sis, you’re the best.” Paul added with more chuckles.

     “Yes I’m sure you say the same thing to Rae as well.” Emma said suspiciously as she referred to the times Paul must call Rachel to find out what to do about something.

     “I think both my sisters are amazing.” Paul said sounding smooth as he said it.

     “Can’t argue with that bro, now go and start planning out your date, and don’t forget to buy her half a dozen long stem red roses to give her when you arrive to pick her up tonight.” Emma reminded Paul before she ended the call, and Paul had time to complain about the cost.

    Laura slipped off her bathrobe and looked at herself in the bathroom mirror as best she could. She turned from side to side and then looked over her shoulder to get a look from the back. Laure had come to like the way her waist looked nice and narrow but curved out to give her a rounded heart shaped rear before flowing down her slender legs. Laura turned around again and looked at her smooth groin where it vanished between her legs, she didn’t miss not having a penis, in fact Laura loved the way she looked now, she even liked the feel of her bra supporting her breasts when she was wearing it, and the way the new fabrics she got to wear, would sometimes get her excited enough to make her nipples swell and poke out. Everything about this body felt wonderful, and Laura was beginning to wonder what it would feel like to have a man enter her, but not just any man. The only man Laura was interested in was Paul, Paul made her feel alive, and like she could sing to the world from the top of a tall building. Laura had never felt like that as Larry, she never felt anything as Larry, not unless you count pain and misery. Larry knew all about those things.

     “Stop living in the past girl!” Laura said to herself as she looked in the mirror and smiled at the pretty girl starring back.

    Laura turned on the shower and then made sure she had a towel close by before she stepped into it and started washing her body, something that she liked to do now she was a woman. Laura closed her eyes and started soaping up her body as she made a mental road map of every curve and what parts of her body made her tingle the most. Laura found herself wondering what it would be like to have Paul helping her to take a shower.

     “I must add that to the list of things to try out one day.” Laura thought to herself with a grin.

    Laura did wonder what Paul would think if he found out that she had once been a man, but then Laura thought Larry was never much of a man anyway, and not even a doctor could prove she’d ever been anything but a woman. No, Laura was glad she found that mirror and she touched it, and not just because she had money now and a new home of her own, no, she was happy she touched the mirror because she met Emma and then Paul, not to mention Rachel, Nigel and the two prettiest little girls she’d ever met in Emily and Mindy.

    Emma had no sooner ended the call with Paul, when she saw Laura walk into the kitchen in her bathrobe. Laura’s hair was dry due to her wearing a shower cap. Both Emma and Laura were going to get their hair and nails done today. Laura because of her date with Paul and Emma just because Laura was treating her.

     “Were you on the phone just now?” Laura asked as she sat down at the kitchen table.

     “Yep, Paul called me in a panic.” Emma said.

     “What’s wrong? Does he want to cancel the date tonight?” Laura asked as her shoulders slumped a little.

     “No, he was just picking my brain about where to take you.” Emma said waving off Laura' worries as being insane. “He’d got it stuck in his head that you’d want to go to some posh restaurant that would cost him a month’s pay.” Emma added with a giggle.

     “Whatever would he think something like that for?” Laura asked with a shocked look on her face.

     “Because you’re a millionaire now, he thinks he needs to think big to impress you on a first date.” Emma rolled her eyes as she said it.

     “I can’t stand them silly looking expensive restaurants where they bring you out a piece of art and tell you it’s a meal.” Laura said very animatedly. “I like to sit with a big plate of food you have trouble finishing, but you leave the place full at the end of it.” She added with passion in her voice.

     “That was pretty much what I told him.” Emma said with a giggle. “Well I said that a movie and then a meal like Chinese after would be a good first date.” Emma added.

     “Now that does sound like fun.” Laura grinned. “I wish he’d stop trying too hard to please me though Emma. I love him just the way he is, and I’m hoping I never change into one of those stuck up bitches I’ve seen on the telly.” Laura added.

     “Trust me Laura; you could never become one of them.” Emma giggled.

    Emma was just about to say something else when she was stopped by Laura’s phone ringing this time. Laura picked it up expecting it to be Paul calling her to fill her in on the plan for their date, but it was a number she didn’t know. She hit the answer button and placed the phone to her ear.

     “Hello?” Laura asked into her phone.

     “Hello, is this Miss Laura Luck I’m speaking to?” A man’s voice asked on the other end of the line.

     “Yes, this is Miss Laura Luck. Who am I speaking with?” Laura asked looking puzzled.

     “This is Brian from A to Z garages. Your car was brought into us at the beginning of the week, and the paperwork was filled in wrong, so we weren’t able to contact you until now to let you know your car is all fixed and working just fine again.” Brian informed her.

     “But I thought my car was taken away by the police?” Laura asked looking even more puzzled.

    There was silence on the other end of the phone as she heard the rustling sound of papers before Brian spoke again. “Nope, it says the car had a mechanical problem and was towed to us for repair.”

     “Can I have your address then, so I can come and collect it from you?” Laura said with a confused looking shrug at Emma.

    Brian gave Laura their address and she said she’d be over later in the day to collect her car. She asked how much she owed for the repair work, but Brain said it was covered under the warranty on the car still. Laura hung up her phone wondering just what car she owned to still be covered by some sort of warranty.

     “What was all that about?” Emma asked as she looked at the address Laura had wrote down.

     “That was a garage, they say they have my car fixed and I can collect it at any time.” Laura tried to explain. “They said it was still under warranty, so I don’t need to pay for the repairs either.”

     “Did they say what sort of car it was?” Emma asked.

     “No, and I didn’t want to asked, just in case it sounded odd for me not to know my own car make.” Laura said looking confused with it all.

     “Well let’s get dressed and go see what sort of a car you own shall we?” Emma grinned as she got up and then pulled Laura to her feet so they could go get dressed.

    Emma pulled her car into the parking lot of the A to Z garage and then got out with Laura, so they could go and get her car back. Laura stepped into the room with a sign on the door that said Reception and then rang a bell on the counter and waited for a man to come out the back room to see what they wanted.

     “Good day Miss, what can I do for you this fine morning?” The man asked with a smile.

    Laura looked at his coveralls and saw that the name badge said his name was Brian. “Hello, I think I spoke to you earlier about my car. I’m Miss Laura Luck.” Laura said, hoping the man didn’t ask her what the make and model of her car was.

     “Yes, it was me who spoke to you.” The man said. “I thought I recognised you.” He added as he slapped a hand to his forehead.

     “You recognised me?” Laura asked looking worried.

     “Yes, we found your driver’s licence in the glove box. Not the best place to leave something like that Miss Luck, but it did help me track down a phone number for you.” Brian said looking a little smug with himself.

     “How did you lose her details in the first place, and how did you mange to find her cell phone number using her driver’s licence?” Emma asked as she wasn’t happy that the man looked so smug about making a mistake and then expecting praise for it.

     “The recovery driver wrote down the wrong details, and I have a friend who happens to be a police officer, and I asked if he could track down a phone number and contact you.” Brian explained as he felt the need to point out the garage wasn’t the one to blame for the mix up. “I showed him your photo from your licence and he said he’d seen you a couple of days ago when he was one of the officers who arrested some men that stole property from your home.” He added.

     “Well thank you for fixing my car, and I’m grateful for the call and all the hard work tracking me down.” Laura smiled.

    Brain gave her a grateful nod and then got a set of keys out a draw and then led the way out to a private parking area where some cars were parked. Laura started grinning when Brian walked over to a silver Volkswagen Golf GTI and pushed a button on the key fob to unlock it.

     “She runs like a dream again now Miss, but if you have any more trouble, just give us a call and we will be more than happy to collect it and sort it out.” Brain said as he got Laura to sign some papers before he handed over the keys and let her get on her way again.

     “Thank you so much Brain, and please treat the guys to breakfast on me.” Laura said as she handed Brain twenty pounds.

     “Thank you Miss, that’s right kind of you.” Brian said just before he turned and started shouting for one of his men to go on a breakfast run.

    Laura and Emma giggled as they heard a cheer ring out from the garage as the man ran back inside to get everyone’s order. Laura drove her car away from the garage to a line of men nodding and giving her the thumbs up over the simple act of kindness.

    Emma got in her car and then Laura followed Emma back to her place so they could drop the car off and then go to the salon for their appointments.

    Laura did have a look in the car and found some more things belonging to Laura, but nothing that told her anything about her old self. She did find an address on the driver’s licence, but it was the address of the new house, not the address that used to be on Larry’s driving licence. Laura put the licence in her purse and took all the other things up to the flat before leaving again.

    Laura was lost in thought as she looked out the window of Emma’s car, as she tried to work out if Larry ever existed in this new world she found herself in, or if he was never part of it at all. Laura was snapped out of her thoughts though, when she heard Emma speak to her.

     “What’s wrong girlfriend? You’ve been really quiet since you found out you had a driver’s licence and a car.” Emma asked looking worried, but she covered up most of the worry with a pout.

     “I need to know Emma; I need to know if Larry ever existed in this world now that I’m Laura.” She pleaded with Emma to understand her need to know.

     “I had a feeling this would happen.” Emma sighed.

     “Do you think it’s wrong of me to go looking for answers?” Laura asked as she wondered herself whether this was the right thing to do.

     “No, I think it could be a good thing to help you move on and finally be happy with whom you are now.” Emma smiled.

     “Don’t get me wrong Emma, I am happy, happier than I have ever been in my life, but I just feel scared that all this will end, and I will wake one morning and find that I’m Larry again, and I will never get to spend the rest of my life with Paul.” Laura said close to tears now.

     “You really do love him don’t you?” Emma said with some shock showing on her face.

     “Yes I do. He completes me Emma. All this made sense that day he kissed me in the kitchen at the new house. I just knew that I’d come home.” Laura sighed as she let her head fall back to rest against the back of the seat.

     “Okay then, this is the plan.” Emma said sounding like a military leader planning an invasion. “We go and get pretty, then we send you in undercover on this date with Paul, and then tomorrow we travel to Larry’s old town and ask around to see if anyone remembered the bugger.” Emma said it all sounding like an old English major in the army.

    Laura couldn’t help herself as she started giggling, and soon she was crying, but because she was laughing so hard this time. She’d pulled herself together by the time Emma parked the car and they made their way to the salon. Emma had spent some time sat with Laura going through magazines working out what sort of look Laura wanted to go for and they entered the salon armed with the information and a couple of pictures.

    They left the salon a couple of hours later sporting new hairstyles and perfect looking nails and makeup.

     “How do you feel now?” Emma asked Laura as she saw her looking in a darkened shop window as they walked back to the car.

     “I feel wonderful.” Laura giggled. “I can see why woman love to visit the salon now.” Laura added just before she stopped and did a quick spin while checking herself out in another shop window. Laura also saw a dress she liked the looks of and she was soon grabbing Emma by the hand and then dragging her into the shop to try it on.

    It was another two hours before Emma and Laura finally made it back to the car, and they both owned another half dozen dresses and sets of shoes each by the end of it.

     “Please don’t take this the wrong way Laura, but I don’t know what kind of a man you were, but you make one wonderful woman.” Emma smiled as she gave Laura a hug once they had everything loaded in the car and they were ready to go home so Laura could start and get dressed ready for when Paul turned up for her later in the evening.

     “I was nothing like Paul; let’s just put it that way. And I could never take anything you say the wrong way.” Laura smiled as she enjoyed the hug she was sharing with Emma.

    Emma opened the front door to find Paul stood there looking nervous with half a dozen red roses in one hand and the other hand hovering over the doorbell ready to push it again.

     “Sorry sis, but I left my key in my other jacket.” Paul said nervously. He was dressed in a smart looking pair of shoes, black trousers, crisp white shirt and a smart looking leather jacket. He was clean shaven and his hair had been trimmed as well.

     “No problem bro, come in.” Emma smiled as she stepped aside and let her brother enter the flat. “Nice to see you made an effort, you look pretty smart for once.” Emma added as she led him into the living room to wait for Laura to finish getting ready.

    Truth be told, Laura had been ready for the past forty-five minutes, but Emma had told her to go to her bedroom when they heard someone at the door, and to wait in her room five minutes before making her entrance. Laura thought it must be something women do, because she’d seen them do this in movies, but never realised it was something they really did.

    Emma sat down on the sofa and looked at her brother nervously walking back and forth across the carpet. “Why don’t you take a seat bro?” Emma asked as she tried to hide a smile. She’d never seen Paul look this nervous over a date before.

     “I’m way too nervous to sit down sis.” Paul said as he looked at his sister like she was talking crazy. “Do you think she changed her mind, and doesn’t want to go out with me?” Paul asked as he looked at the clock and realised he’d only been here two minutes.

     “Don’t be silly.” Emma laughed. “Do you think us girls just step out of bed in a morning looking stunningly beautiful?” Emma asked. “She’ll be out in a minute or two, so relax.” Emma said.

    Paul looked over at the living room door when he heard the clicking of heels on the stone floor out in the hallway, and he wasn’t disappointed with what he saw step through it. Laura looked stunning in a blue silk dress and matching three inch heeled shoes. Paul thought her hair and makeup looked perfect and she was even more beautiful than she normally looked. “Wow, you look amazing Laura.” Paul said as he stepped across the room and then held out the roses for her. “I bought these for you, but they pale in beauty next to you.”

     “Thank you Paul, they’re beautiful.” Laura blushed as she took the roses and held them up to her face and took in a deep breath, one reason was to enjoy the smell of them, and the other was to help calm her beating heart as she found herself thinking Paul looked quite dishy himself. “You’re looking quite hansom yourself.” Laura added once she felt able to talk again without falling over her words.

    “Please let me take those and put them in some water for you Laura.” Emma smiled as she got to her feet and took the roses from Laura before she left the room and placed them in a vase she already sorted out earlier in the day.

    Paul was still stood looking at Laura when Emma returned a couple of minutes later with the flowers in a vase. “Would it be okay to borrow your car tonight sis? I can’t take Laura out in my van when she looks like that.” Paul said looking embarrassed of his van for the first time ever.

     “You can drive my car Paul.” Laura said as she picked up a set of keys from the coffee table and handed them over to Paul with a smile.

     “You have a car now?” Paul asked as he looked at the keys in his hand.

     “Yes, Emma and I got it back from the police impound earlier today, after I sorted out all the fines.” Laura lied. She didn’t want to play forty questions with Paul over why she’d not tried tracking down her car before today if she told him it had been with a garage being fixed.

    Paul looked a little nervous about driving Laura’s car, not because it was a nice looking machine because he still hadn’t seen what it looked like, no Paul was worried it might look a little messy after Laura and Emma had explained about her living in it for the past six months. Not wanting to hurt Laura’s feeling though, he just smiled and led Laura from the flat after they both said good bye to Emma.

     “Are you as nervous as me about all this Paul?” Laura asked as they made their way down to the car park.

     “Probably more nervous.” Paul said with a little chuckle.

     “Why would you be any more nervous than me?” Laura asked looking a little confused.

     “Because someone as beautiful as you could go out and get any man they wanted, where as I couldn’t.” Paul explained.

     “I’ve got the man I wanted right here.” Laura said pulling Paul to a halt and turning to face him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and then pulled him down to kiss her. “You’ve already won my heart Paul, now relax and just show me a good time.” Laura smiled just before she stole another kiss.

    Paul relaxed and led a smiling Laura out into the car park and pushed a button on the key fob, he looked shocked to see the lights start flashing on a silver Golf GTI. “That is your car?” Paul asked with his mouth hanging open.

     “Yes, do you not like it?” Laura asked with a pout.

     “Like it? I love this make and model.” Paul said as he walked over and let his finger slide up the bonnet until he got to the passenger door and opened it to help Laura get in. “I had an older model, but had to sell it when I decided to start up my own company.” Paul explained as he made sure Laura was in before closing the door and running around to the driver’s side and getting in.

    Laura was grinning as she watched Paul slip the key into the ignition and started it. She thought he looked like a child about to play with a new toy for the first time. Laura was also enjoying the way Paul was treating her, like the way he opened the door for her, and then waited while she put on her seatbelt before closing the door. “Will we be leaving anytime soon?” Laura asked after a couple of minutes of watching Paul sit and rev the engine as he looked at all the different features this model had to the one he use to own.

     “Yes, sorry.” Paul chuckled as he put the car in gear and pulled away. “Wow, what a smooth ride, and it seems much more powerful than mine ever was.” Paul said as he put his foot down a little and felt the car accelerate forcing him and Laura further back into their seats.

     “I couldn’t tell you anything about it, other than I liked the colour.” Laura smiled. She didn’t think it was much of a lie, as she really didn’t know what was under the bonnet, and she never had been much of a petrol head, even when she was a guy.

     “This baby is so much more than just a pretty car.” Paul said in a pained voice as he stroked the dashboard with one hand while steering it with the other.

     “Whatever you say sweetie.” Laura giggled. She was happy that the car had helped relax him enough to let his normal self shine through again.

    They finally made it to the cinema complex, after Paul took a wrong turn and ended up going for a quick blast on the motorway. Laura was sure that Paul had taken the wrong turn on purpose, just to give the car a good run out. Paul covered the cost for everything all night, not letting Laura pay for a single thing, and he even let her pick the film, which had him grinning when she picked The Avengers Assemble movie to go and see, and not some chick flick like he was worried about.

    Paul grabbed a large coke and bag of sweet popcorn for the two of them to share and Laura was happy to nurse the large bag of popcorn on her knee and then she spent the whole movie feeding her and Paul pieces of it. Paul was left in charge of the drink, and he would hold it close to Laura’s lips for her to take sips from when he took a sip himself.

    Laura had never enjoyed herself so much as she was right now cuddled into Paul feeling protected from everyone and everything that could go wrong. Life felt perfect right now, and Laura wanted more of this, more times where she felt like the happiest person on the planet. She let out a sigh of contentment and rested her head on Paul’s chest as she felt his big strong arms wrap around her in a protective way. She was sad to see the movie end, because it meant they would have to get up and leave now, but she was feeling hungry for more than just popcorn, so she was soon feeling happy with Paul leading her from the cinema and back over to her car, not that Paul looked ready to let her drive it though.

     “What did you think to the movie?” Paul asked once he was behind the wheel and cueing up to exit the car park with all the other movie goers.

     “It was wonderful.” Laura smiled dreamily. “I don’t think I have ever enjoyed going to the pictures so much before in my whole life.” Laura added.

    Paul’s smile turned into a full blown grin when he heard Laura say this. He felt the same way. “I hope you’ll let me take you out again?” Paul asked looking hopeful.

     “Paul, you can take me out anytime, just as long as you let me let you drive.” Laura grinned.

     “You mean you want me to chauffer you around in this thing?” Paul asked in a whiny voice, but he was soon grinning again. “It’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it.” He sighed.

     “What, driving this car, or taking me out?” Laura pouted.

     “Neither! I was just joking.” Paul said looking worried. “I’d love to take you out again, but can we finish this date before we start planning the others?” Paul asked.

     “Other’s, as in more than one?” Laura asked.

     “Yes, way more than one, far too many to count.” Paul expanded on what he just said with a grin.

     “You said this date wasn’t over yet. What else did you have in mind?” Laura asked as she looked over at Paul making his way into town.

     “I know a great little Chinese restaurant, and Emma told me you like Chinese food.” Paul explained.

     “I love Chinese food.” Laura grinned back as she sat up looking excited to find out the night wasn’t over yet.

    Paul was soon parking the car on a little side street and he helped Laura to get out the car. He then walked her down the road a little ways and around a corner before holding the door open to a small Chinese restaurant where they were soon shown to a reserved table in a quiet little corner of the restaurant.

     “You really didn’t need to go to so much trouble for me Paul.” Laura said as they looked through the menu after Paul had ordered a bottle of wine for Laura, and a coke for himself, due to him being the one driving. Not that he minded that much with being able to drive Laura’s sweet little car.

     “I think you deserve to be treated like this once in a while.” Paul said waving off Laura’s complaints. “And they do the best Chinese food I’ve ever tasted to go with it.” Paul added with pride.

    Laura was soon agreeing with Paul about the food being some of the best she’d ever tasted, and they sat eating and chatting about their pasts, well Paul did. Laura was being very vague, not really having a past, and she wasn’t about to tell him about Larry’s past and all the bad luck he’d had to live through. What little bits of information she did tell Paul, most of it was Debra’s past, Larry’s ex-wife. Laura didn’t think she’d mind, not after all the crap she pulled with Roger behind her, or his back.

    As the meal went on and Laura got more and more used to talking with Paul, she started to wonder what it would feel like to sleep with him, and have sex, but at the same time she started to worry that Paul would notice just how unsure she is and realise something is wrong. She was also worried about sleeping with Paul on their first date; something Emma had said was a bad thing. Laura was very confused by the end of the meal, but she played up the tiredness and Paul seemed to buy it, and never pushed things to go any further.

    Paul drove Laura home and then walked her up to the flat before seeing her inside and then spending some time kissing her before he grabbed his van keys off the coffee table and then left to go home smiling to himself on a wonderful first date with Laura.

    Laura got ready for bed and then made herself a hot chocolate before sitting at the kitchen table to drink it, as she thought about her feelings for Paul, and how long she should leave it before letting Paul take it to the next level.

Chapter Eight

    Laura looked a little tired still in the morning when she woke, she’d had a couple of very erotic dreams about making love to Paul, and she woke up sweating and panting both times. Not able to get back to sleep after the second one, Laura got up and took a shower before making her way to the kitchen where she was sat hugging a mug of Coffee when Emma walked into the kitchen smiling until she saw the worried look Laura had.

     “What’s wrong girlfriend? Did the date not go well last night?” Emma asked as she sat next to Laura ready for an emergency hug session. “Give him a second chance Laura. He’s just a little shy and makes mistakes around pretty girls.” Emma tried to explain as she thought that was the reason for Laura’s gloomy mood.

     “Relax Emma. The date was perfect, and I can’t wait to go out with him again.” Laura giggled when she was able to get a word in.

     “Why the long face then?” Emma asked looking puzzled.

     “I wanted to take him to bed when we got back here last night, but I stopped myself, as you said you shouldn’t do things like that on the first date.” Laura said before Emma could have a go at her, but Emma had a go at her anyway, just not for the reason Laura thought.

     “I meant that if you were going out with a guy for the first time, not with what you and Paul have.” Emma said as she threw her arms in the air. “The date you and Paul had last night was more like the fourth or fifth.” Emma added.

     “Fourth or fifth?” Laura said looking shocked and then puzzled. The only other time I was with Paul alone was the first time I met him, and I held a knife to his throat thinking he was a burglar. So I don’t think you can count that as a date.”

     “No, but the day we went to the house and you spent all that time with him while he helped fit the new alarm system, and then the dinner date at Rachel’s.” Emma pointed out.

     “But other people were around for all those.” Laura said looking even more confused.

     “A date is just time two people spend together while getting to know each other.” Emma smiled as she pulled a still confused Laura into a hug. “What’s the real reason for all this silly talk?” Emma asked as she sensed that Laura was worried about something more than just first date rules.

     “Sleeping with Paul will be my first time doing it as a woman.” Laura tried to explain her worries.

     “If Paul does it right, then you won’t be doing much sleeping at all.” Emma grinned as she wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

     “You know what I mean Emma.” Laura frowned. “I’ve never had sex with a man before, not as a woman anyway.” Laura said.

     “So you’ve had sex with a man as a man?” Emma asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “NO! I mean that I’m still a virgin, well I think I am.” Laura said as she thought that she’d got no real idea what sort of a past she had before the other day, if she had any past at all. “I just mean I’m not very skilled in the sex department, and I’m scared that Paul will see that and think me weird, or he might find out that I’m not what I appear to be.” Laura tried to explain, but just looked more and more flustered with each word she said.

     “Were you up all night worrying about this? Is that the reason you look so tired now?” Emma asked as she saw the dark rings under Laura’s eyes.

     “No, I kept having weird dreams about Paul.” Laura said looking a little uncomfortable about the subject.

     “You mean erotic dreams?” Emma grinned as she nudged Laura’s shoulder. “Were you still you in the dreams with Paul playing the male role?” Emma asked.

     “Yes, and I woke up feeling all tingly and out of breath like I’d been running in my sleep.” Laura whispered. “Does that make me weird?” Laura asked.

     “Yes, you, me and a large chunk of the planet as well.” Emma giggled. “That’s just your minds way of saying it’s ready to take the relationship with Paul to the next level.” Emma explained.

     “I don’t want to just sleep with him Emma; I want the first time to be special between us.” Laura said after giving it some thought. “I want my first time having sex with Paul to be something I look back on and remember for the rest of my life.” Laura added with a sigh.

     “I think you should sit down and explain that to Paul. Tell him that you’re still a virgin, and that was the reason your old boyfriend ran off with your friend.” Emma suggested. “Tell him you didn’t like the way he was pushing you to have sex before you felt ready, and before you knew it, he’d gone with Debra behind your back.” Emma added.

     “Won’t he find it odd that I’m so willing to go to bed with him though?” Laura asked.

     “I think he’ll just see it as a sign the two of you were meant to be together. Men don’t think like we do.” Emma added before she realised what she was saying. “You’re former self doesn’t count. That letter you showed me proved that you were never a real man to begin with.” Emma said to an open mouthed Laura.

     “I’m not going to argue with you. I’ve never felt more at home in my own body as I do right now.” Laura smiled. “I’m also really glad you can handle weird so well.” Laura giggled.

     “You only have to look at me to see that I’m the mistress of weird.” Emma said in a spooky voice, just before she started to giggle herself, which just made Laura giggle even more.

    Emma was soon making them both a fresh mug of coffee while she put some bread in the toaster for them both.

     “Do you still want to go back to your old home town and see if anyone remembers Larry Unluck?” Emma asked as they sat with their toast and jam.

     “Yes, if you don’t mind.” Laura replied just before biting into her toast.

     “You’re the boss.” Emma grinned, which earned her a slap on the arm. Emma had been teasing Laura with this for a couple of days, but they both knew it was just a bit of harmless fun. “I think we should pack an overnight bag just in case we end up being out late. We can book into a hotel and then come back tomorrow.” Emma added.

     “Sounds like a good idea if we did that anyway. We can do some shopping while we’re there.” Laura grinned.

     “Spoken like a true woman.” Emma said with pride.

     “You have taught me well mistress.” Laura said as she gave Emma a little bow just before she started giggling.

    They were soon packed and ready to leave. They left the flat and made their way down to Laura’s car, as that was much newer than Emma’s and looked much more suited to the two of them than the rusty little thing Emma drove around in.

     “Do you want to drive her Emma?” Laura asked as she held up the keys. She took the fact Emma snatched the keys out her hand and ran over to the driver’s door as a yes and walked around to the passenger side and got in once the bags were in the trunk.

     Laura programmed the sat nav for Emma while she drove them out of town in the general direction of the motorway that would take them back to the place where Larry Unluck had last lived with Debra his wife.

    Emma had plugged her iPhone into the car’s stereo and they were soon singing along to some songs they both liked, but they had to pause it when Laura’s phone rang and she saw it was Paul calling her.

     “Hi Paul, thanks again for a wonderful time last night.” Laura said as she answered the phone.

     “Hi Laura. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself.” Paul’s voice said with a happy tone to it that Laura loved to hear. “I was wondering if you felt like getting together again tonight and doing something?”

     “I’d love to Paul, but Emma and I are going out of town for a couple of days, but I’d love to do something when I get back.” Laura said eager to not let Paul think she was just making up a story.

     “Okay.” Paul’s voice said not sounding quite as happy now. “Where you going?” He asked.

     “I’m returning to my old home town to settle some old debts.” Laura lied as she looked at Emma and got a nod of approval to say it was a good lie to use.

     “You should have told me, I could have come with you.” Paul said with some worry in his voice.

     “Emma and I plan to do some serious shopping over the next two days, and I’m sure you’d be bored after an hour.” Laura explained the other things they planned to do while away.

     “Two days of shopping?” Paul asked with real fear in his voice.

     “Yes, two days, and not one electrical shop.” Laura said in a spooky voice.

     “Well have fun, and call me when you get there to let me know you’re safe.” Paul said changing the subject away from him tagging along.

     “I’ll be calling you for more than just that baby.” Laura pouted as she blew Paul a kiss just before she ended the call.

     “Nicely handled girlfriend.” Emma grinned as she held up her hand to get a high five from Laura. “Paul hates shopping for anything but new toys to play with.” Emma added with a roll of her eyes.

     “I know, he told me last night, that is why I said it.” Laura said with a smug look.

     “You’re a fast learner. I’ll have to keep my eye on you.” Emma giggled. “My poor baby brother doesn’t stand a chance.” She added with a pout just before she started giggling again.

     “I only did it for his own good.” Laura said as she battered her lids in Emma’s direction. “And it would be hard looking into Larry’s past with Paul tagging along.” Laura pointed out.

     “You do have a point there; it would be difficult to go asking questions about Larry with Paul around. He might think there is more in your past than you’re telling him.” Emma stated.

     “There is more in my past than I’m telling him, but I don’t have the answers myself, so how can I explain it all to him?” Laura asked as she looked down at her painted nails and smooth slim pantyhose covered legs poking out from under the gray woman’s business suit she was wearing. The fact that she could also feel her breasts jiggle a little whenever they hit a bump in the road was a constant reminder her life was very different to that of Larry’s.

    Emma and Laura were both dressed like business woman, they thought it would help them while looking into Larry’s past and not have it look like they were friends, but more professional woman looking to find him for some reason. Emma was wearing a navy blue business suit and Laura a gray one.

     “I hope you don’t plan to tell him any of what happened to you.” Emma said looking worried. “I don’t think you should tell anyone about it. They would just think you insane.” Emma warned.

     “I told you about it, do you think me insane?” Laura asked looking worried.

     “No, I don’t think you insane.” Emma smiled. “I know you’re insane. Nuttier than a fruit cake. One too many bats in your belfry.” Emma started giggling as Laura playfully slapped her arm.

     “That’s no way to talk about your boss.” Laura finally said with her nose in the air as she stopped slapping Emma. “I should fire you for that comment.” Laura added, but Emma could tell she was teasing her.

    They drove for a short time not saying anything to each other, but then Laura turned to Emma. “I think telling Paul about Larry and what happened to me would be like telling someone about a part they played in a school play. Larry never felt real to me, even all that time I was him, it was like a part an actor would play in a movie.”

     “All I see is a young woman Laura, I haven’t seen one sign of you ever being a man, other than when we first went out shopping ,and you didn’t seem to know very much about fashion and stuff like that, but even that can be put down to a tomboy growing out of a faze.” Emma shrugged.

    Laura smiled at the comment Emma made. Laura started playing the music again and they were soon singing along to it.

    Laura gave directions to Emma, and she was soon pulling into the parking lot of the town’s best hotel. “So this is where you grew up?” Emma asked as they got out the car and grabbed their bags before they made their way into the hotel.

     “Well where Larry was born and grew up, not sure about me.” Laura shrugged.

     “Are you sure you want to do this?” Emma asked when she saw the worried way Laura kept looking around like she might get spotted any minute. “We will end up bumping into people that knew Larry if we carry on looking into whether or not he ever existed.” Emma reminded her.

     “I know that Emma, but I need to find out if Larry was ever here, or if my life now over wrote it.” Laura sighed. “All this not knowing is driving me mad.” Laura added with a frown.

    Emma smiled as she thought that she would be the same way if she woke to find she’d been turned into a man with a different name. She knew that she would also be out there trying to find out if anyone remembered a girl called Emma.

    They entered the hotel and Emma went to work playing the personal assistant, and they were soon being shown up to the best suite the hotel had to offer. They each had their own bedroom, and there was a living room dividing the two. Emma tipped the bell boy and then they both collapsed on one of the sofas in the living room and let out a sigh.

     “I could get use to this.” Emma grinned as she looked around the posh room.

     “It is pretty cool isn’t it?” Laura grinned back. “I use to walk past this place on the way to the town centre growing up, and I always wondered what it would look like inside. Never thought I’d be a woman actually staying here though.” Laura added as she thought back to all the times Larry had one bit of bad luck after the other happen to him.

    The two of them were soon heading back down in the elevator and walking out onto the street as Laura lead the way to the first place they were going to check out. This was the place where Larry was living last, when Debra took his money the last time and he was forced to move out.

    Laura knew that the landlord lived in a ground floor flat in the same block as Larry, so she walked up to the door and rang the bell. Laura let out a sigh of relief when she saw that it was the same man as the one that kicked Larry out.

     “Yes, what do you want?” The man asked looking nervous about having two women dressed like lawyers stood at his door.

     “Good day sir. Sorry to bother you, but we’re trying to track down the where-a-bouts of a tenant that used to live in this block of flats.” Emma asked. Laura had been worried about stuttering and falling over her words, so Emma said she’d do all the talking until Laura felt confident enough to speak herself.

     “You got a name for this tenant?” The man asked.

     “Larry Unluck. He was living here up until about six months ago.” Emma explained.

     “Yes, I remember him.” The man said. “Poor kid had more bad luck than anyone I knew.” The man added.

     “Do you know what happened to him, or where he moved to?” Emma asked, happy that Larry did once exist.

     “No, sorry. I can’t help you there.” The man shrugged. “All I know is his wife was cheating on him, and then he found out and she pissed off with all his money. He was just getting back on his feet when he got laid off, and that bitch took all his money again.” The man explained what he knew, but Emma already knew all this anyway. “He couldn’t pay his rent’ so I had to kick him out.” The man added in a matter of fact way.

     “Thank you for your time sir.” Emma said just before she turned around and led Laura away from the place.

     “May I ask what you were looking for him for?” The man shouted as he watched the two women walking away.

    Emma and Laura could feel the man’s eyes burning into their backsides as they walked, so neither of them bothered to stop and give him an answer, they just added a little extra sway into the walk. Laura wondered if the two of them would feature in the old guy’s fantasies later.

     “Well that answers the question about whether or not you existed before becoming Laura.” Emma said as they got back in the car and pulled out into traffic again. “Shall we go and do some shopping now?” Emma asked.

     “If Larry really did exist, then that means Debra and Roger still did all those things to me.” Laura said with an evil grin.

     “No! They did all those things to Larry, not you.” Emma said as she saw where Laura was going with her train of thought. “Just let it go Laura. You don’t want them finding out about you.” Emma warned.

     “What is there to find out Emma?” Laura asked. “I could take every medical test going, and they would all turn around and say I was born a girl, so what could anyone do?” Laura added with anger in her voice, but it wasn’t aimed at Emma. Laura wanted to get some revenge on Debra and Roger for making Larry look like a fool all that time.

     “True, but what do you have in mind?” Emma asked with a sigh when she saw that Laura had her mind set on doing something to Larry’s ex-wife and her lover. Not that Emma could blame her friend for wanting some revenge. Emma had taken a pair of scissors to an ex’s wardrobe more than once when she found out they were cheating on her in the past.

     “Not sure yet, let’s just track them down first and take it from there.” Laura said as she gave Emma directions to a pub where Roger used to like hanging out. The pub was in the town centre close to the office district, so Roger liked to watch all the women walking past while he enjoyed a pint.

    Emma parked the car and they made their way to the pub where Laura thought Roger would be, at this time of the day, given that he never worked and lived off whatever money the government gave him, and whatever Debra could get. Laura wondered if Debra was already busy setting up her next sucker while Roger relaxed and chatted up all the women.

     “That’s him there.” Laura pointed out as they walked up the road towards a pub that had tables and benches scattered around the outside of the place. “The one in the light blue shirt.” Laura added.

    Emma looked at a table with three men sat at it. Two of the men were wearing overalls and looked to be on some sort of a lunch break, but the other one with them was wearing jeans and a blue shirt and looked to be eyeing up all the women walking by, just like Laura had said he would.

     “Larry was best friends with him?” Emma asked sounding shocked.

     “I know what you’re thinking Emma, and I didn’t make friends easily as Larry.” Laura tried to explain.

    The truth was Larry wasn’t allowed to make friends with people, but now Laura realised that it was all part of Debra and Rogers plan. They would find some guy that had a good paying job and then Roger would build up a friendship with them before Debra stepped into the picture and became the girlfriend. Larry had only found all this out on the day he caught the two of them fooling around in their bed when he came home early because he wasn’t feeling very well. The part that Debra and Roger never told Larry, but he had a feeling this is where things were heading, was that they planned to kill him off and then Debra would collect a sizable life insurance policy that they planned to take out, but they didn’t have time to take out the policy before Larry caught them. So they settled for clearing out his savings instead.

     “I doubt you have any idea just what I’m thinking about that creep right now.” Emma whispered as they were getting closer to the pub. “Don’t say a word until we’re in the pub getting a drink, let me handle this.” Emma added as she put on a fake smile and told Laura to look happy as well.

     “Hello ladies, care to join us for a drink?” Roger asked looking smug with himself, like he was better looking than he actually was. He was a little on the chubby side, and looked like he’d been out in the sun to long as he was looking a little red faced. He had a silly little goatee that looked like someone had stuck a piece of carpet to his chin, and he had silly looking random tattoo’s scattered all over his arms all the way up to the point they were covered by the sleeves of the shirt he had on.

     “Hello.” Emma said sounding a little air headed as she gave a little giggle. “We’d love to, but we don’t have long before we have to get back to the office.” Emma added as she entered the pub with Laura following close behind.

     “What are you doing?” Laura asked in a whisper while they waited to get served at the bar.

     “Helping you get some revenge on that creep.” Emma smiled just before she ordered a couple of drinks for them both. Emma only ordered a couple of cokes, she was driving, and she didn’t want Laura under the influence of alcohol while they did this.

     “But I don’t have any idea how to get revenge on him Emma, this was a stupid idea I had even coming here.” Laura said as they got their drinks and Emma paid for them.

     “I’ve got a couple of ideas, but it will mean us going back outside and talking to him though.” Emma said as she looked at Laura to make sure she was okay with them doing that. “Just be quiet and let me do the talking.” Emma added with a smile.

    Laura didn’t think she’d have any trouble doing that, she was to angry with what Roger and Debra had done to Larry, to trust being able to keep her voice calm. So with drinks in hands they walked back outside and took a seat at a table across the aisle from the one Roger was sat at with the other two men in overalls.

     “Hello again ladies.” Roger smiled. “Couldn’t keep away could you?” He asked looking smug.

    Emma was just about to offer a reply when one of the men in overalls spoke to him instead. “How much longer before she gets here with our stuff? I have better things to do with my time than watch you get shot down in flames by any more women.” The man said as he looked at his watch just before letting out a heavy sign of frustration. Emma gathered that poor Roger had been trying the same line on women all lunchtime.

     “Deb will be here any minute, just relax and hold your horses.” Roger said as he scowled at the man who’d just spoke.

    Laura squeezed Emma’s hand when she heard Roger say the name ‘Deb’ Emma had heard it as well, so decided to sit back and just enjoy the drink while they waited for Debra to turn up. Emma was eager to get a look at this bitch of a woman that had done such a nasty thing to Laura, well Larry, but Larry was Laura now.

    Emma and Laura were half way down their drinks when they heard the rushed clicking of heels on concrete and they looked over to see a woman trying to run toward the table with Roger and the other two men sat at it.

     “Where the hell of you been Deb?” Roger asked as he stood up and greeted the woman. “Did you bring the stuff?” He asked as he took a bag out of Debra’s purse without waiting for an answer from her, and then placed it on the table between him and the two men sat on the other side of the table.

     “Yes I got the stuff.” Debra said even though Roger had already placed it on the table and sat down again. She looked at Roger with daggers because he seemed more interested in the bag and the two men than he did her, but she just let out a huff and sat down next to him.

    Laura and Emma were both trying to make it look like neither of them were interested in what was going off, but they both had a feeling that whatever Debra had just arrived with, it wasn’t good, or very legal. This was soon proved to be correct with what happened next.

     “There’s your stuff, now show me the money.” Roger said as he did a really bad impression of Cuba Gooding Jr from the Tom Cruise film, Jerry Maguire.

    Emma and Laura both looked over, which didn’t look out of place as Roger had shouted loud enough for most the pub to turn and look, but Roger was soon wishing no one was looking as he saw one of the two men pull something out his pocket, but it wasn’t money, even if it did look like a wallet. Roger was soon up from the table and making a run for it as the man placed his police ID down on the table. “I’m placing you both under arrest.” The man had started to say as Roger ran off leaving the second man at the table to grab hold of Debra.

    Laura stuck her foot out and managed to trip Roger as he ran past her side of the table trying to get away. He was soon back on his feet and running again though, but Laura felt better having slowed him down just a little.

    Roger didn’t get very far as uniformed police officer piled out the back of two vans and soon had him down on the ground while the undercover officer carried on reading Roger his rights. They did the same to a sobbing Debra as they loaded them into the back of two separate police vans.

    Laura and Emma were left with their mouths hanging open in shock at what they just saw. Laura was looking forward to getting some sort of revenge on the two of them, but nothing she and Emma could have come up with would have been anywhere near as good as watching them get arrested for dealing drugs.

     “I’m sorry the two of you had to witness that.” The undercover officer said as he picked up his ID and placed it back in his pocket. “I’m also sorry for the way he was talking to you. I’ve wanted to hit him more than once this lunchtime for the way he’s spoken to you and other ladies.” The officer added.

     “Please don’t be sorry officer that was quite exciting.” Emma grinned, as she wondered what Laura was thinking right now having just seen the two of them get arrested right in front of her. “What will happen to them now?” Emma asked.

     “They will be going away for some time, as we have quite a strong case against them.” The officer said just before he gave them both a smile and had to leave with his partner to go and start all the paperwork.

    Emma and Laura sat and watched the police leave again, and all the people that had stopped to see it all happen wandered off again before Emma turned to look at a grinning Laura.

     “I don’t believe that just happened.” Emma said. “I guess we were lucky to...” Was all Emma added before it hit her. They weren’t lucky, Laura was lucky. The whole thing had gone down just because Laura was there to see it.

     “I did say my luck had changed.” Laura giggled as she understood what Emma was getting at.

     “Remind me to never upset you.” Emma said with some worry showing on her face.

     “I don’t think you ever would, would you?” Laura asked with a pout.

     “No, but I would hate to bet against you with luck like that.” Emma giggled as she finished off her drink. “Now can we go and do some shopping?” Emma asked in a pleading voice.

    Laura finished her drink and then started nodding her head up and down as she got up from the table and walked towards the town centre and a fun afternoon of shopping. Laura seemed to have more fun wandering in and out of the shops knowing that Debra and Roger were locked in a prison cell somewhere with their whole lives in tatters, just like they had left Larry’s all those months ago. Laura was now seeing things in a much clearer light now as well, as she thought about all those times Larry had been out with Roger, and Roger would disappear off to the men’s room. Larry use to joke with Roger about having a small bladder, but really he was dealing drugs. Laura was amazed Larry never got arrested with his bad luck.

     “So how does it feel to see them get what’s coming to them?” Emma asked a happy looking Laura as they stood looking through a rack of dresses.

     “It felt good to see them get arrested, but the best part was finally finding out that Larry did exist before this.” Laura said as she looked down at herself with her arms held out. “I feel ready to close this chapter and move on with my new life.” Laura added.

    They spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and then had a fun time out on the town that evening before going back to the hotel and getting a good night’s sleep before returning home the next day.

    Laura and Emma did get the odd drink bought for them, and they also got chatted up. Emma showed some interest, but Laura was happy to just enjoy the drink and do some dancing when Emma dragged her onto the dance floor. Laura just wanted to get home and spend as much time as she could with Paul.

 

To Be Concluded Next Sunday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well that was lucky

Wish I could get revenge on some folks who have hurt me that way that's for sure.

They have been few though luckily.

BTW -Sammi, I know that Sara is not writing anymore. That is not the most important thing though. I pray she is okay as for a person to stop doing something they really like it is not a good sign for other things in their lives. If she has merely lost interest, then I hope she moves on to other things that will give her the same fun and joy she had in writing in the past.

Just letting her know I am grateful for all she has provided for us readers in day gone by.

Kim

Thanks

tmf's picture

Thank you Sara for a beautiful story.
There is only one down side to your writing for me, it is very addictive, and I'm sadden when I see "to be concluded" or that you want to stop writing. But I would never try to force you to do something you're not interested to do.

Wish you a lot of happiness and good luck in any thing you might want to do.

Peace, Love, Happiness and Health
tmf

Mirror Image Part 04

Love hoe things are going for her/.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Nice story Sara!

Laura is making up for all the the bad that happened to Larry.

Nice to read some good luck positive stories.

Thank you Sarah.

Hugs

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita