Project Punchline

Printer-friendly version

PROJECT PUNCHLINE -- "the truth is out there?"

Just what is the government doing with our tax dollars? You didn't buy that crock about it going to corporate welfare, political pork and the military did you?

The TRUE story behind where our money goes.

P.S. This is my entry in the writng exercise based on that stupid Geico ad tag line.

P.P.S. Sorry folks, I tried to resist but this idea got stuck in my head and it was real slow at work and ...

Project Punchline
by John in Wauwatosa

The project director reviewed the results of the latest tests. The government wanted a concise report summarizing the project’s current findings or funding would be canceled. Billions had been spent on the project, the energy bill for the core component, the time machine, could bankrupt most countries. The results so far were not encouraging.

Lab one was a sea of torn and trampled paper, broken pencils and several shattered calculators. I040 Easy was recognizable on one of the larger scraps of paper.

Lab two was a mine-field of broken and smoking electronics. Dark plastic ribbons crisscrossed the room like barbed wire on a WWI battlefield. Torn booklets littered the room like confetti. 12:00 flashed mindlessly from one of the savagely mangled machines.

Lab three was something out of a horror film with blood and gore covering everything. In the midst of it all stood a blood-encrusted hairy man with a pronounced brow-ridge over his eyes. He beat mindlessly on the ruins of a PC with what once had been a green reptile.

“So easy a caveman could do it, my a**!” the director wrote, concluding his report.

up
40 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You have me there

Great writing , John. i had to laugh and laugh reading this story. So simple and so true.
All my hopes,
Sasha

All my hopes
Sasha Zarya Nexus

I tried, I honestly did

I tried not to give in and write this nonsense but the *baaad wittle boy* in me won out.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Somewhere Out There...

laika's picture

Ridiculous isn't it? We're subjected to all this infernal advertising and then we turn around and do their job for them? Yours is funny, and---being the shortest---the most sensible entry.
Somewhere out there is a caveman fetishist, weeping with gratitude!
"At last... some stories on here I can relate to!"

Project Punchline

Not only LOL....but ROTFLMFAO ..... hope the Geico people see it and contact You to be able to use it.....
regards
Hiliary Mariadubh nicSeamus

Hiliary Mariadubh nicSeamus

Happy you liked it

As I said earlier, I was intending to answere the mini writing challenge but this got stuk in my head.

The ads with the caveme are absurd, they deserved the same in turn. And now their is supposed to be a TV series? Ack! Though you never know...

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa