Our Way - Part 9

Printer-friendly version
*9*

We continued chitchatting with the twins until supper time came. Not only were they good looking but they were also very interesting and very smart. Our infatuation, or at least my infatuation had calmed a little and I started realising that if they had something to hide they wouldn’t have any problem doing it, because not only people wouldn’t doubt anything they said, they might also be able to charm their way out of most situations. They were also rich, which didn’t mean much in this school, but that might have helped them in other situations. Magnus and Kristina were scary, very scary actually. I talked about them with Lexi as we were walking back to the dorms.

“Stupid hormones! I couldn’t interrogate any of them because they were so… just so… ” I said.

“Attractive.” Offered Lexi.

“Yes, attractive, way too attractive, it shouldn’t be legal to be as dreamy as them.”

Lexi and I started laughing.

“Seriously tough, they are scary, I think that they might get away with a ton of things. Did you see how they didn’t essentially distracted us from investigation? If they did that to other students they might be able to reduce to silence witnesses of their possible crimes. That or bribe them with money of their parents,” I said in a very serious tone.

“The day after tomorrow we will be able to investigate them, we just have to be less hormonal on Saturday.”

“Talking about hormones, tomorrow I have to see the school nurse about blockers.”

”Oh, I completely forgot about that.”

“So did I. (Or at least I could hope to truly forget about it one day) ”

We entered the dorm and I promptly went straight to the bathroom were I decided to take the longest and comfiest bubble bath in my life. I had never really had any kind of comfort so being in a rich kids school was kind of the perfect moment to enjoy life. Now, because I don’t like being a bother I Okayed it with Ash, Misha and Lexi first of course.

***

After my bath, the other girls took some quick showers and we proceeded downstairs for supper.

As we all sat Lexi and I started telling my friends about what had happened with the twins.

“We have dates for the dance!” Screamed Lexi.
“Really, who?” Asked Esmeralda.

“The twins,” I answered. “I’m going with Kristina and Lexi is going with Magnus”

The girls’ eyes popped so much it looked like they were going to go out of their orbits.

Aishling was the first to get out of the stupor and ask us about it. “You scored the Af Eldur twins! Girls you are incredible. No one has managed to have date with any of them and then you newcomers come and snatch both of them. Can you show me your tricks mistresses?” Aishling faked going on one knee on the last sentence and we all laughed.

“What! The Alexis are incredible, you have to admit,” Aishling responded to our collective answer.

“Yes, they are.” Said Misha probably happy that I had forgiven her.

“Can we stop praising the twins and talk about the shopping we are going to do tomorrow instead,” Said Bryn in a serious tone.

All of our expressions dropped.

“They are not going to have more dates with the Af Eldur’s if we don’t find appropriate dresses and accessories for them,” Bryn continued in a more happy tone.

We all giggled making Misha choke on her juice. She turned out alright be we just giggled more and more.

We discussed about other school related stuff and then my roommates and I went back to my room.

***

“Auntie Robin why you didn’t tell us that we were going to your father’s school,” I scolded her as soon as she answered her cellphone.

“Sorry about that sweetie, but I don’t really like talking about my dad. He is lovable sure, but man if he can’t be a dick sometimes. He says serious stuff in such an immature tone that you can’t help but be angry.”

I understood part of that seeing how he acted first hand.

“Auntie you didn’t only forget about that you forgot to tell us about the dance to.”

“Dance? Oh you mean the monthly dance. Oh my god, how could I forget that I met Nora in one of those. ”

“So we have been told.”

“You talked with dad?”
“He called me and Lexi in his office this morning to talk,” I answered back.

“Please tell me he wasn’t annoying.”

“Not really, but he did say something that kind of lead us to have dates for the dance.”

I didn’t really want to talk about the investigation because unless something really important happened she didn’t have to know about it, I mean her wife was in the hospital we didn’t have to make her worry about us too, that clearly wouldn’t be right.

“You have dates! How are they called?”

“Kristina and Magnus Af Eldur.”

“You mean THE Af Eldurs, their father owns want of the richest bank in all of Scandinavia. Both good catches, right?.”

“Yes they are Auntie Robbie, they are both so cute, especially Kristina.”

“Good, I am happy that you are enjoying yourselves, I have good news on my side of the Ocean too. Nora has woken up. She still isn’t ready to talk, but the doctors says that she might in the following days. ”

I was so happy I couldn’t help but to tell that to Lexi. “Aunt Éleonora has woken up, Lexi.”

“She has! Oh my god, that is so wonderful, can I please talk to auntie please.”

“Oh sure you can, I already told her about everything we had to tell her though.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Said Lexi.

I gave her the phone and she started talking with auntie.

***

Everything from my night to Friday’s school day was royally boring so I’ m going to spare you details. The important thing was that I and five of my friends were going to go shopping and that because we all had authorizations we were all going to spend the night in a hotel in Geneva. We decided to go there even if Switzerland is crazy expensive because Bryn knows a place with the most gorgeous dresses.

As soon as we arrived in Geneva the first thing we did was check in. At lunch Brynhildr had managed to book us room because of her father’s name. We had 2 rooms, one for Misha, Ash, Lexi and I and the other for Bryn and Esme. As soon as we unpacked our stuff we all changed from our uniforms and readied ourselves to go on an extremely expensive shopping spree. Now, Auntie Robin had put money for us in our accounts so we decided to go to the bank to take some money out.

After the trip to the bank we went to the shop that Bryn talked so much about. We walked and walked in the Swiss streets and we couldn’t find the shop. Or at least that was until we saw a column of fire and firefighters running around and finally an Italian looking man mopping on the sidewalk looking directly at Bryn’s eyes with a very sad look in his eyes.

***
up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

okay the cliffhanger has gone

okay the cliffhanger has gone on long enough can you pleeeeease continue your story.