The Life Of An Angel Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

Angel hated hospitals. She didn’t like them when she came in and had her surgery to correct her birth defect. She didn’t like them when she came in and had her broken leg put in a cast when she was just fifteen years old. She hated them when she does her yearly check-ups. She could feel someone holding her hand as she glances over towards Carol resting her head against the chair. There were flowers and teddy bears wearing motorcycle jackets with the Siren’s emblem on the back sitting around her. She was hooked up to a heart monitor machine and had IV’s in her.

Angel just watches Carol as some drool slides down from the corner of her mouth. A smile comes to her face as she watches her lover drool while she slept.

Her left shoulder and chest area was covered by bandages and she couldn’t move her arm any. Angel just laid there and watched her partner chest slowly raise and fall as she slept. It looked like Carol had changed clothes, because she wasn’t wearing the same clothes she had when they went to court. Angel wonders how long she has been out. The last thing she remembered was the paramedics working on her shoulder and then nothing after that.

Angel closes her eyes and goes back to sleep. The next time she opens them, she feels two bundles curled up next to her. She looks down and notice it was Tammy and Sammy curled up against her.

“They wanted their mommy.”

It was Angies voice she heard coming from where Carol had been sitting.

Angels looks over at her mother as she strokes both girls head.

“Thanks mom.” Angels smiles at her mother.

“You’re little Angels have been worried about you. We lost you once on the operating table for a few minutes. The guy that stabbed you and twisted his blade inside your shoulder nicked an artery. The doctors had a hard time finding it. They had to use the paddles three times to revive you. You scared me, your mother, your sister and Carol. They almost couldn’t bring you back.”

“That explains why my rib cage hurts so much. I’m sorry about that mom.” Angel was stroking Tammy’s hair and switched to Sammy’s.

“What is going to happen to the girls?”

“Nothing. They are staying with you and Carol. The judge was furious when he heard and saw what happened to you. Rachel got four different videos from people who recorded what happened. Two of those people are family members of two members of the Siren’s. The other two was from a clerk that works at the courthouse that was heading to lunch. The last one was from a woman paying her speeding ticket. Then there was Carol’s statement as well. Rachel passed those videos onto your mother. Then D.A. brought charges against the Moonshiners and the law firm handling the mother’s case. It also didn’t help that you clinically died on the operating table.”

Tammy stirs some as she moves closer to Angel’s body.

Angel just smiles down at the little girl as she slept next to her. Sammy did the same thing her twin did. Both girls were snug tight against Angel’s body.

“I can’t image leaving them or Carol, mom.” Angel looks over towards her mother.

“Good, because were getting married next week. I don’t want to lose you.” Carol comes walking into the room. She had caught the last few words Angel had said.

“I almost lost you once, I’m not going to lose you again.” Carol walks over and gives Angel a kiss.

Angel felt like she was on top of the world at Carol’s words and kiss. When Carol steps back and looks down at the twins nested next to Angel.

“They were so worried about you sweetheart.” She caresses each girl’s hair.

“They weren’t the only ones.” D.A. comes walking in and she was looking like she hasn’t slept at all.

D.A. walks over and places a kiss on Angels cheek and walks over to where Angie was sitting and sat on her lap. Which was unusual, because Angie always sat on D.A.’s lap.

Lisa comes walking in next with Rachel, a very pregnant Clair, Brenda and Kimberly.

“Hey sis, look who I found in the hallway.” Lisa goes over and hugs her big sister. She had been worried about her.

Angel felt warmed and loved. Everyone that mean the most to her was right here with her. She does want her Uncles to come.

“So, can someone tell me how long it has been since I have been here? Because when I woke-up earlier, my wife was over in that chair where mommy Angie is sitting with drool sliding down from the corner of her mouth.”

“I don’t drool.” Carol looks at Angel.

“Yes, you do dear.” Angel was smiling.

“You’ve been out of it for three days sis.” Lisa was sitting on Carol’s lap.

Rachel had stepped out and found a chair for Clair to sit down on.

Angel looks over towards her mothers to confirm it.

“She’s right dear. You have been unconscious for three days straight. Why do you think your mother D.A. looks the way she does? She wouldn’t leave your side and neither would Carol. Me and Rachel had to make them go home and get some sleep and take a bath.”

Angie was looking at her oldest daughter as she spoke. She had to come and make Carol and D.A. go home, take a bath and get some sleep. D.A. was already worn out because she was putting together the case against the law firm that represented Sammy and Tammy’s birth mother. She also went after everything the Moonshiners owned. Any Moonshiner trying to leave town or skip out had the Sirens blocking them and threatening them to give them a reason to shoot them.

The Siren’s had declared war on the Moonshiners and since the Siren’s outnumber the Moonshiners, four to one they didn’t stand a chance.
Especially, after what Carol told them that the six Moonshiners said about them. Plus, Angel was a beloved member of the Siren’s. She had grown up among those women. Angie and D.A. had a hard time keeping the women from torching the Moonshiners clubhouse and bar.

For the next couple of hours everyone updates angel about what happened while she been unconscious and what her two little angels were like under Lisa’s watchful eyes. When her mothers were leaving the hospital room, they pick-up one of the girls each and carry them out. Angel made sure to kiss each girl on their forehead. She was finally left along with Carol, who said that she wasn’t leaving Angel tonight.

Carol had moved over to the bed and took Angel’s hand in hers.

“I love you very much and I want to marry you. I almost lost you a couple of days ago and I don’t want to lose you. So, will you marry me?”
Angel had tears coming down from her eyes and in a choked-up voice “Yes, I will marry you.”

Carol leans in and gives Angels a hot and passionate kiss. Everything she felt about Angel was in that kiss. She breaks the kiss before Angel passes out from the lack of air.

“Wow! I need to come close to death more often.”

Angel had never experience a kiss like that before. In all the relationships she has had, no one has ever kissed her like that.

“You do and I’ll kill you myself.” Carol gives Angel another kiss.

Carol lays down next to Angel on her good side and let her head rest on Angels good shoulder.

“We’re getting married next week even if you’re in a wheel chair. You Uncle Sam is letting us use his backyard since it is big enough to support all the Siren’s and members of my family. Your mother Angie is having her old wedding dress resized for you. I already have my dress because it was my mother’s dress. Your mother D.A. is taking the girls to be fitted for their dressed as well. Two members of the Siren’s is doing the catering and the cake has already been picked and ordered by me.”

“Wow, what would have you done if I said no?”

Carol holds up her hand and shows their engagement ring “you wouldn’t because you asked me already, silly. Remember?”

Angel just kiss her and hold her tight to her right-hand side. She closes her eyes and think of the wedding to come. As she falls asleep with a smile on her face.

up
190 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

yikes!!

So glad that Angel came back, I cannot imagine the carnage that would of followed her death because of the Moonshiners... pretty sure not a single one would be left walking. Ever.

It was such a cute twist, having Angel watch the people who had been watching her =]

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Sara

Angel was really, really bad

Angel was really, really bad hurt is she clinically died three times. Wonder if legally the guy who stabbed her can be charged with aggravated murder, as she was dead for all intents and purposes. I say aggravated because he not only stabbed Angel, but twisted the knife around fully knowing that by doing so, he would most likely kill her.
For those who do not know, if you or another person you are with, are stabbed by a knife; IF the blade does not hit critical internal organs or an artery; LEAVE the knife in the body. The blade actually acts like a seal and will remain so until moved. You can do more damage pulling out the knife than simply leaving it in place until a doctor extracts it.
Actually you are better off even if the knife does hit critical areas until a doctor or Paramedic can take care of the matter.
Learned this bit of advice from medical doctors who treated stab wounds of inmates who I transported from our prison to ERs.

Her Day(s) In Court

The judge was furious when he heard and saw what happened to you. Rachel got four different videos from people who recorded what happened. Two of those people are family members of two members of the Siren’s. The other two was from a clerk that works at the courthouse that was heading to lunch. The last one was from a woman paying her speeding ticket. Then there was Carol’s statement as well. Rachel passed those videos onto your mother. Then D.A. brought charges against the Moonshiners and the law firm handling the mother’s case. It also didn’t help that you clinically died on the operating table.”

Those are criminal charges.The mother's complaint against Angel is a civil suit. Legally no connection between the two except as it provides more firepower for Angel to defend herself. There would have to be action in a separate hearing to settle the civil action, as well as the mother and company's criminal arraignment and subsequent trial. As that would be before a criminal judge Angel and Carol could win the custody battle and yet see the criminal charges tossed out. Although the case could be made for Angel having been provoked, the fact remains that Angel did throw the first punch, which could be said to have been the trigger that provoked the fight.

That's the way it goes in criminal court.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin