On The Run Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Sara was out on the deck wearing a bikini that Emma had bought her. She figured while they were traveling down the intercostal waterway. She would get use to wearing one. She was still shocked that she was an intersex child. Emma had questioned Dr. Mullen a little more about maybe letting her get the operation a little earlier so she wouldn’t have a problem when she got her first period.

Dr. Mullen said she had an opening that would allow her to let her period blood out, but she couldn’t use tampons or have intercourse with anyone. The opening was very small and at first, she had missed it, but when she took another look at the images and pictures she took of her.
She spotted the opening. She would have to have surgery to make it normal.

Her skin was getting darker from all the tanning she had been doing. Emma had showed her a good spot on the boat, she could remove her suit to tan clothes less. This way, Lucas wouldn’t be embarrass seeing her nude. The estrogen that Doctor Mullen gave her to jump start her own production was playing havoc with her emotions. Sometimes, she would breakout and cry when she saw something that was cute or sentimental. Other times, she was bitchy or grumpy.

Emma was helping her deal with the ups and down of the estrogen in her system. She was also helping her to pass more like the age she was. That way she could blend in better with children and teenagers around her age. Emma also, made sure that she dyed Sara’s hair and eyebrows some other color, other than her natural color. Emma added a pair of cheap reading glasses to help disguise Sara even more.

“Hey kiddo, I thought you might like something cold to drink.” Emma hands Sara a plastic cup of cold water.

“Thanks, mom.” Sara accepts the plastic cup and takes a few sips of the cold water.

Emma had sat down next to Sara on a towel she brought with her. She takes a sip of cold water and watches as the land passes on each side of the boat.

“How are you feeling today?”

“I’m fine. I don’t feel as messed up as I did yesterday.” Sara takes another sip of her water.

“I know what you mean. Going through puberty can be rough sometimes, especially for girls. I was thinking. Once you start your period, I go ahead and get you the operation to fix your condition. That way you can go through school like a normal girl.” Emma wanted Sara to experience and interact with other girls her age.

“Mom, will I ever be allowed to go back home to confront my parents?” Sara looks over towards Emma.

“To be honest with you, Sara. It might not be a good idea to go. I know you want to know why they did what they did to you, but it might be a little dangerous if the Russian mob over there find out about you.” Emma didn’t think it would be a good idea for Sara to go.

Sara just looks straight ahead thinking about Emma’s words.

“Have you thought about what you would like to do, once this matter is over and done with? What occupation you might want to do?” Emma takes a sip of her water while she watches Sara’ facial expression.

“I don’t know. I was thinking it might be nice to be an FBI agent like you or dad.” Sara had thought about doing something like that to help other people.

“That would be nice, but it’s a difficult choice. You’re always on assignment somewhere tracking people down or trying to gather evidence to stop major crimes or even federal crimes. I know now that I have asked to be your legal guardian, I will have a desk job. That way I can come home to you every night. I’ve been thinking about switching careers and maybe joining NCIS at the Naval yard in Washington D.C. or maybe in South Carolina. I know you enjoyed the warm weather.”

“Couldn’t you do that within the FBI, mom? Still work for them, but asked to be transferred to a different office?”

“Maybe, or I might be taken out of the field and put behind a desk. You come first in my life now, Sara. You’re my daughter now and you will always come first.” Emma leans over and hug Sara.

Sara returns her mother’s hugs. As the two of them sit and continue working on their tans. By the evening they pull into a marina in St. Augustine.

Sara helps Emma make dinner. Lucas grill out on the grill on the deck as they ate outside on the deck. The Marina they pulled into was gated and had a lot of other boaters decked in the nearby slips. Most of them were retirees who had come down to Florida for the warm weather. A lot of them were living on their boats.

That night Sara stays up a little longer and read a book she picked up in Georgia. Lucas had turned in early. He wasn’t feeling too well. Emma had stayed up and was filling out their expense report. Sara was laying next to Emma on the sofa and was just reading while her mother did her work. According to the report Emma had gotten form her boss. The group that had kidnapped Sara was looking for her in South Carolina. They were given orders to continue up the other leg of Intercostal waterway. As far as the traffickers knew. She was being protected in some FBI safe house.

The other boat she had escape on, was at the naval base they had switched at. Emma strokes Sara’s hair. It had gotten a little longer, since she had paid to have it styled and colored. By midnight, Emma had finish their expense report and Sara had fallen asleep. Emma carefully get up off the sofa and slide a pillow under Sara’s head. Emma grabs a light blanket from the closet and cover Sara up.

Emma checks all the doors and windows before heading to bed. She did grab Sara’s teddy bear and tuck it next to her. She stops and look at Sara. Her parents and relatives are going to be happy she finally has a child. Hopefully, Sara won’t be overwhelmed from having so many relatives. Emma knows her parents are going to spoil Sara, because she will be their only grandchild.

up
283 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

SC return

A return to SC to work would be cool. If a desk
job was offered to Agent Emma she can work from home. That way Sara will have her around all the time.

Wolf_0.jpg

Two of the biggest break-ups

Two of the biggest break-ups of either the marriage or life of Officers, whether they are Federal, State, County or City; is a) many times very long hours at work along with shift work; and b) away from home a lot due to the particular duty requirements. To many wives and even the children, they get the perceived view that they come last after what ever is number 1-2. Thankfully Emma realizes this now and is planning on doing something about it, even if it may "sideline" her career wise.