Eyes Finally Opened Part 18

Printer-friendly version

Amy walks through the portal Sparrow made for her back at Cassandra’s and Vince’s house. She was tired and ready to crawl into bed. It was still early morning in Montana. It had been at 10’o clock or so when they fought everyone in Charlottesville, VA.

“Did everything go alright?” Cain had felt magic being used in the house and went downstairs to investigate.

Amy looks over towards her uncle “everything went fine.”

Cain saw the blood on Amy and could tell from the smell that it was contaminated. He wonders what she fought.

“Come on, let’s get you a bath before your mother sees’s you covered in blood.” He escorts Amy up to her bedroom and fixes a bath for her.

“Thanks, Uncle Cain.” Amy lowers herself down into the very hot water and completely submerges herself. She holds her breath for a while letting the water soak into her pores. After six minutes, she resurfaces and exhales.

“I thought you had drowned.” Cain had been watching his niece and was a little worried when she didn’t resurface for a few minutes.

“Nope, I can hold my breath for thirty minutes.” Amy brushes some of her wet hair out of her face.

“Boy, the HSL really did engineer you. Professional peal drivers and a few supernaturals can only hold their breath for ten to twenty minutes.”

“I was trained to go after Were’s that like the water.” Amy puts some shampoo on her head and washes her hair several times.

“Here, let me help you.” Cain washes Amy’s hair for her.

“Thanks, Uncle Cain.”

“You’re welcome, sweetheart.” Cain holds open a towel for Amy when she is ready to get out of the tub.

“I’ll let your mother know you are back. I think your little sister is going to be happy that you are.” Cain tucks Amy into bed.

“Thanks, Uncle Cain.” Amy snuggles down under the covers and lets the exhaustion she has been holding back take her under.

Cain steps out of Amy’s bedroom and spots April standing in the hallway.

“Is she safely back?”

“Yes, she’s back and unharmed. She was covered in blood when she returned. I didn’t ask her what happened or why she was covered in blood. I just helped her with her bath and put her to bed.”

April walks pass him and peeks inside Amy’s bedroom. She could hear Amy’s shallow breathing and knew she was going to be out of it for a while.

“You said she was covered in blood?” April shuts Amy’s bedroom door gently, so not to wake her.

“Yes, and it smelled like it was tinted.” The clothes she was wearing when she arrived, is in the trash in her bathroom.

“I wonder what she was fighting.” Lady April and Cain head downstairs and towards the dining room.

“There must have been a lot of them because she had whelps and bite marks on her body. She had no skin missing, but she looked like she was attacked by a lot of hungry critters.” Cain had seen on Amy’s body that was still healing.

That was another reason she was so tired. Her fast healing burned up a lot of her energy. They sit down and enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

Mia brings in a huge tray of homemade cinnamon rolls. She still had four more platters of them in the kitchen to bring out.

“Good morning Lady April and Alpha Cain.” As she set the first ray of buns near them.

Cain gives her a look “you know you don’t have to call me Alpha, Mia. You’re family.”

Mia just gives him a playful smile as she heads back to the kitchen for the rest of the trays of buns. She brings the second set and sets it mid-way of the table.

“Look who I found on my way here?” Lady Joyce had seen Arya heading towards the dining room and picked her up.

Arya didn’t mind Lady Joyce picking her up and carrying her. She felt comfortable around everyone. She was used to Were’s because her mother was one. She wonders how Amy was. She left two days ago to help a bunch of witches with a problem.

Lady Joyce puts Arya in the chair next to Lady April.

“Mia made your favorite breakfast today, Arya.” Lady April cuts a bun for Arya and puts it in front of her.

“Thanks, mom.” Arya takes a piece of it and eats it.

Her fingers were sticky from the glazed covering it. She licks her fingers after takes another bite of the bun.

“Mom, when is Amy coming home?” Arya looks at Lady April with some glazed covering her lips and face.

Lady April just smiles at her younger daughter and clean her face with a wet napkin.

“She’s already back and upstairs in her bedroom asleep. I suggest you leave her alone for a few hours, so she can get some rest in.”

“I will mom.” Arya was happy Amy was back home.

Arya manages to eat three of the huge buns. Her face and hands were covered in frosting. She excuses herself and goes to the downstairs bathroom to clean up.

When Arya is done. She sneaks upstairs to check on Amy. She quietly opens her bedroom door and peeks inside. She could hear Amy
sleeping soundly.

Arya closes Amy’s bedroom door quietly and head downstairs to the training gym to practice.

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

parts of the story missing?

There some parts of the story missing between parts 17 & 18. When did she go to Charlottesville,VA and who told her to go there?

I still love the story so far, but would love more information on what happened in Charlottesville and How does she know Sparrow?

Charlottesville, Va.

The story line in The Adveture begins takes place in Charlottesville, Va. Kadyn came and transported Amy after asking for her help. As for how they know Sparrow that is mention in the story as well. Isa and Betty are Sparrows pack members, while Amy is part of the Montana pack.
Among the Supernatural community it is unusual for a Grim Reaper to be the mate of a Were. Normally, the presence of a Grim Reaper means someone is going to die. However, In Sparrows case. She was meant to be the mate of Daigh.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison