K&P Services Chapter 18

Printer-friendly version

Trenner's Garage, Walker, Kansas:
August walks out of the office of the garage and inhales the cool evening air. She stretches to relieve her back muscles. She has finally caught up with all the paperwork and balanced the books. She couldn’t believe they made a nice profit this month.

They had to do a complete overhaul and rebuild on the C-17 Globemaster III Rebecca acquired from the Royal Australian Air Force. They had a non-working one they were using for parts and Rebecca saw it and asked how much they wanted for it. They sold it to her in exchange for some restorations on a few aircraft they still had that they wanted to keep.With the restoration deal she cleaned them out of old parts and ‘junk”— really treasure for those who knew what they were looking at.

As August was heading back into the office. She hears the alarms going off inside. She grabs the shotgun in the office and heads into the hallway through the door that leads further into the converted hangar. As August is entering the hallway, she hears Brutus and Titus attacking something.

She rushes towards them. She hears the muffled sound of a gunshot go off. She spots Titus with a person dressed all in black with their arm in his mouth and Brutus shaking the leg of the person as well. She spots the gun she heard laying near the wall.

“Brutus, Titus, heel.” As August points the shotgun she had in her hands at the black figure.

Titus lets go of the person's arm and Brutus lets go of the person's leg. August kicks the gun further down the hallway. She notices it had a silencer on it.

“I would stay still unless you want your chest blown open.” August pulls her cellphone out and calls 911.

“911, what is your emergency?”

“Yes, this is August Trenner, down at Trenner’s garage I have an intruder laying on my floor bleeding. Can you send the Sheriff and the paramedics?”

“We sure can Mrs. Trenner.” The 911 operator recognizes August’s voice and the address.

Rebecca used to have a lot of problems with people protesting her when she started working for her father. It got so bad, that security at the airfield had to start arresting people for trespassing.

“Thank you.” August ends the call.

She looks down at the figure on the floor, bleeding from his wounds “I don’t know who you are, but you made a big mistake.”

Air Field Security:
The people up in the airfield control tower across the airfield saw the red lights on top of Trenner garage flashing. They inform airfield security about the emergency lights. Sergeant Brooks and his partner O’Connor was on duty. They jump into their jeep and drive across the airfield towards the garage.

They knew to enter the converted hangar through the office door and head further into the building from the office. They were careful to enter into the building because they knew Rebecca had dogs that protected the building.

They spotted August with Titus next to her. August was pointing a shotgun at a figure dressed all in black, laying on the floor bleeding. Brooks and O’Conner spotted the black and tan German Shepard named Brutus sitting on the other side of the figure.

O'Connor saw the gun with the silencer laying against the wall. O'Connor puts gloves on and picks up the gun.

“We got this, August.” Brooks approaches August carefully.

Titus looks at him with a goof look on his face. No one really knew what Titus was. All they knew, was August found Titus in the storage lot as a puppy. He was extremely skinny and would have died if August hadn’t adopted him.

“Okay Brook’s, the Sheriff’s Department are on their way here to arrest whoever this person is. Along with the paramedics as well.” August steps back to let Brooks handle the matter.

She spots a rope hanging down from one of the skylights in the roof. Whoever the person was, hadn’t realized that Rebecca had alarm systems on the skylights.

“Come on boys, let's get you a treat.”

Brutus and Titus follow August to the kitchen. She grabs a treat for each of them from the container and gives them to both dogs. August wonders if that guy had been sent to kill Kat’s twins?

When Brooks and O’Conner come walking towards her with the intruder. She notices he was Indian. She has never seen an Indian person like him before.

“Brook, wait a minute please.” August takes her cellphone out and takes a picture of the guy.

She was going to forward the picture to Kat so she could investigate who this person was. The paramedics show up and tend to the wounds Brutus and Titus gave the person. Just as the Sheriff’s are escorting the assassin to their patrol car.

August steps in front of the assassin “I don’t know who sent you, but you tell them this. Next time they send someone to kill two little babies, they will end up being dog chow.”

August couldn’t believe someone would try to kill Kat’s twins. Thank goodness, they weren’t staying with her here at her sister’s place, but at hers and Butch’s place across the airfield. Her aunt and uncle had come with the twins as well. Her place was just like Rebecca’s place. A converted hangar they had refurbished. It had been used as a storage area by the airfield before August got permission to turn it into her and
Butch’s new place. It was smaller than Rebecca’s, but it was nicely furnished and comfortable.

Just as she was resetting the alarm system. Her cellphone rings. She pulls it out of her pocket and notices it was Rebecca calling her.

“Hey, Becca, what’s up?” August heads towards the garage area to grab the ladder, a piece of plywood and some tools to fix the skylight.

“What happened over there, August?” Rebecca had been called to let her know the emergency red lights at her place were going off.

“We had an assassin break-in. He came in through the skylight that lights the hallway between my old bedroom and your new bedroom.” August knew it uses to be Rebecca’s father’s bedroom.

Now it was Rebecca’s and Lev’s bedroom. Becca’s old bedroom was turned into the nursery for the twins.

“Did you get hurt?” Rebecca was concerned about August.

“Nope. The only one that got hurt was the assassin. Brutus and Titus took him down after he set the alarm system off.” August looks up at the invisible laser boxes near the skylight.

“Lev and I are coming over.” Rebecca wanted to see what damage had been done to her place.

“Okay. Oh, I took a picture of the assassin when sergeant Brooks took off his mask. He was an Indian person.”

“I wonder who sent him?” Rebecca was curious.

“I was going to send the picture to Kat.”

“Don’t do that, yet. Send the picture to me and I’ll send it to her. She’ll want to know what happened.” Rebecca felt that the news would be better coming from her, instead of August.

“Alright, sis. I’ll see you when you get here.” August ends the call and waits for her sister and Lev to show up.

up
184 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmmmmmm

Samantha Heart's picture

Very intresting I hope they find out who this guy is & who sent him. Jack & Cheshire may have to get involved with this one. If they do The Devil's Bounty Hunter & his assistant will make who ever sent the assassin wish the never been born.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Sure made a huge mistake

Jamie Lee's picture

Going after kids is a code violation, so these guys, whoever they are, don't come from the old country.

And since they broke a cardinal rule, they best start the countdown because that will be the length of time they have left to breathe air.

Others have feelings too.