Music School Chapter 21

Printer-friendly version

Lindsey snuggles closer to Kaja as they laid together in their hotel room. She was still tired from their drive last night. She had just left her Jazz practice and was picked up by the band. They had a gig that the record company they signed with had gotten them in Virginia Beach, Virginia.They were one of four bands playing on stage.

They had driven from Georgia to Virginia Beach and were going to be playing at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. They were booked into The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center. The record company was picking up the tab as part of the deal they had with them.

Tessa had slept with Maxine like usual. Shelly was sleeping on a cot in the room. Christy, Jamie, Annie, and Terry were all sharing a room. Krist, Ian, and Jermaine were sharing a room. Annie was Terry’s new girlfriend and was studying fashion.

They all are woken at ten in the morning. Terry had asked the front desk to wake them at ten, so they could go and prepare for the concert later in the evening.

“Come on Lindsey, you need to get up.” Kaja smacks Lindsey on her ass.

“Owe!” Lindsey rubs her ass.

“Will you two keep it down over there?” Maxine looks over Tessa’s sleeping form.

Tessa looked so peaceful sleeping next to Maxine. It didn’t bother her to sleep with Maxine. She enjoyed sleeping with her. She didn’t know which way she was going to swing. She knew Lindsey was bi and enjoyed sleeping and making out with Kaja and Ian.

Maxine was bi as well and enjoyed sex with whoever she finds. She liked sleeping with Tessa. Now, they had to find out what Shelly was, but she thinks Shelly might lean towards being a lesbian.

Lindsey and Kaja head into the bathroom first to take a shower together. After the two of them come out. Tessa and Maxine go in. Tessa squeals when Maxine gooses her.

“Do you guys always take showers together?” Shelly looks towards Lindsey and Kaja.

“Me and Lindsey, yes. Tessa, until recently no. Maxine, no as well. The thing is, there are five of us in this room. If we all took individual
showers, we would be a while. So, taking them together helps. Plus, your partner can reach parts of your back you can’t get too.” Kaja figures Shelly is going to get an education on how they do things.

“Welcome to the sisterhood, Shelly.” Lindsey slips on a part of panties with kittens on them.

She looks at Kaja as she slips on a pair of thongs “how can you wear those? It’s annoying feeling like you have something in your butt crack.”

“They are comfortable and make me feel sexy.” Kaja finishes getting dress.

Lindsey finishes as well. She was ready to go down to do a soundcheck and tune their instruments. They meet up with the guys and Jamie and Terry.

They head to the restaurant for their all you can eat breakfast brunch. Lindsey fixes a light breakfast because they were going to be putting on a show around two in the afternoon. After everyone has eaten, they head towards the concert room they were practicing in.

As they were practicing their third song, two of Jermaine’s guitar strings break. Terry stops the band, while Jermaine looks in his case for replacements, but doesn’t have any.

“Hey Lindsey, do you have any replace strings in your guitar case?”

“I think so.” Lindsey couldn’t remember if she kept any.

“Is it okay, if I look?” Jermaine had walked over to Lindsey’s guitar case.

“Go ahead. If I have any, they will be in the pouch under the top.”

Jermaine spots the pouch and saw that she had two brand new packets that hadn’t been opened. He takes one and closes her guitar case. After a few minutes, he has his guitar restrung and tuned. Terry restarts the practice and by they finished up with two hours to spare.

“Alright, let’s get changed and grab a snack.” Terry looks at everyone as they put their instruments down.

Maxine and Krist were staying behind to watch the room. As they all leave to take a break, they meet all the other bands playing. Members of Disruption and Slipknot were also playing at the same event as they were.

“Okay, I want to stay and hear them play.” Lindsey heard the Sound of Silence sung by Disruption.

She loved the remake of it and the video that went with it. She couldn’t wait to get their signature.

Tessa noticed how excited Lindsey was. She wonders why she was excited.

“Hey Lindsey, why are you so excited?”

“Disruption is here tonight. I love the remake of Sound of Silence and Land of Confusion.”

“I haven’t seen or heard them yet.” Tessa has been busy with work and helping her mother.

“When you get a chance, listen to them.”

“Okay, let’s get dress for our show.”

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I personally don't care

Samantha Heart's picture

For the Remake of Simon & Garfunkle's song "Sound of Silence" I prefer the orginal next to the Harp Twins of course lol. I hope all goes well for the band & Lindsay too she has been through it poor thing.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

I'd rather listen to Puddle's

I'd rather listen to Puddle's Pity Party than Disturbed. The original is still the best.

However, I prefer Harpers Bizarre's 59th Street Bridge Song to the original.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Simon & Garfunkel

Ther are some songs by certain artists that should never be covered by anyone else. The bogus artists will never come close to the original versions. This is true of Simon & Garfunkel. I can't begin to name the songs of theirs that shouldn't be touched. Scarborough Fair medley is one, Sounds of Silence is another. OTOH, 59th St. Bridge is a fun, light-hearted song and could be covered well if the group sticks to the original words and music. No Rap.

Now, if the group would stick to the original style I would love to see somebody update "7 O'clock News/Silent Night". That just begs for an update to current events. I remember when it first came out how powerful it was.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Interesting

Yesterday was the first time I'd heard of Disturbed or Puddle's Pity Party. I watched the Disturbed video yesterday and Puddle's Pity Party today after reading Karen J's response. I actually liked Disturbed's version. I didn't like Puddle's Pity Party version as well; although, I thought it was ok. The clown (who does have a great voice) was unsettling to watch though.

Did you listen to Harpers

Did you listen to Harpers Bizarre?


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

59th Street Bridge Song

I didn't listen to it along with the Sounds of Silence covers, but do I remember Harpers Bizarre's version of the 59th Street Bridge Song from back in the day. While I really liked Simon and Garfunkel, the 59th Street Bridge song was never one of my favorites. I just went back and listened to both versions. I prefer Simon and Garfunkel to Harpers Bizarre. The song is ok but still not a favorite.