Leave No Stone Unturned Chp. 6

Printer-friendly version

Rachel covers up a yawn as she relaxes in the seat, she was sitting in. She still couldn’t get over what happened back at Sanctuary ranch with Mr. Bounty and some organization. She glances over towards Casey “what is your opinion about what happened?”

“I wish it hadn’t gone down as it did. Now, Mr. Bounty and his family are going to have targets on their back from that organization.” Casey felt concerned for Jack.

“How much do you know about them?” Rachel’s curiosity was piqued.

“Enough to not to get involved in their business. Still, I can’t wait to get back and see my family.” Casey was missing her girls.

“How old are your girls?” Rachel couldn’t see herself ever settling down.

“My oldest just turned thirteen years old a few months ago and my youngest, just turned six-year-old.” Casey couldn’t believe Maria was six-year-old and would be starting school this year.

“Man, good luck raising a teenager. I can remember my teenage years.” Rachel remembers how much trouble she gave her folks. How she went past curfew a few times.

“Oh, trust me. Nova isn’t like that. She’s an old soul in a young body.” Casey was proud of her oldest and what she has overcome.

“That’s good. So, what are going to do when you get home?” Rachel already knew what she was going to do. She had a mystery to solve.

Maia had informed her about what she and Warewolf had found. She also told her about a woman by the name of Cora Black that had stopped by to talk with her as well. When she asked what about, all she said was that she needed to talk with her. She had left a business card that said she was a private investigator from Utah.

After a few hours of flight time, the Lear Jet lands. Rachel looks at Casey as she is about to leave “it's been nice meeting you and working with you as well.”

“You too, Rachel. I hope we don’t meet like this again.” Casey smiles at Rachel.

Maia has been waiting for the private flight Rachel was on to land. She takes another sip of her coffee and spots the Lear Jet coming in for a landing. She watches as it taxi’s over to where she is.

When the plane stops, and Rachel starts descending from inside of it. She walks over to help Rachel with her gear.

“It’s about time, you arrived.” Maia was happy Rachel was back.

“I’m happy to be back as well. So, tell me more about this private investigator from Utah.” Rachel follows Maia to her car.

Base Hospital:
Cora sat patiently and waited for Katie and Jessica to come back down from visiting Sara. She closes her eyes and rests her head against the leather chair she was sitting in. She slips into a meditated state as a spirit appears before her. Images start flowing from the spirit to her and after a while, she opens her eyes.

“Cora, are you awake?” Katie and Jessica were standing in front of Cora.

They noticed that her eyes were closed and that her breathing was very shallow. Just as Katie leans in to check on Cora, Cora’s eyes open wide and had a slight white glow to them.

“What the?” Katie jumps back from Cora.

Cora looks at Katie and Jessica standing before her. Everything that had flowed into her from the spirit was still fuzzy in her mind. It was too much information for her to comprehend now.

“How long have I been out?” The last thing Cora remember, was sitting down in the chair.

“At least a few hours. What happened to you?” Katie was concerned about her friend.

“I just had a vision is all.” Cora wonders what everything was that the spirit wanted her to do.

“Well, I got some information from Sara. How would you like to go to New York and locate someone for me?”

“Let me guess, there’s another person that is endangered?” Cora walks with Jessica and Katie out of the hospital together.

“Yeah. I need to know if they are alright.” Katie figures Cora would be best to send because she would need to get clearance to take some time off to investigate this matter.

“No problem. I could use a little vacation, plus I have never been to New York before.” Cora figures this should be a good experience for her.

“So, before I listen to the conversation. Can you at least give me some idea about what I am walking into?”

“Revenge. Isis and one of their supporters want revenge on my former unit.”

“Oh, so what did you find out about the other person?”

“I think an in-person visit might be best. Find out what she knows and warn her about a possible attack.” Katie wonders if Mrs. Blake would give her leave to go to New York.

“Well, I can go ahead of you two and locate this other person and talk with them. Also, I think the spirits have a mission for me in New York as well.” That was the feeling Cora was getting from what the spirit gave her.

“How soon can you leave?”

“Give me a day to get some unfinished business done back at my place. I’ll go ahead and buy my ticket while I’m at home.” Cora still needed to deal with the ladies at her trailer.

“Alright. Let me know when you leave.” Katie could suggest a few places for Cora to stay while she was in New York.

“I will. Now, where is our ride?” Cora looks around for Bradley.

“I’m calling him now.” Jessica had plucked the business card that Bradley left them from Katie’s back pocket.

“Hello?” Bradley was taken care of an assignment he got from headquarters.

“We need a pickup, Bradley.” Jessica wonders what Bradley was up to.

“On my way.” Bradley ends the call.

up
170 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmmmmmm

Samantha Heart's picture

Ankia perhaps? Time will tell. Look forward to the next chapter

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Hard lesson

Jamie Lee's picture

It sounds like someone is going to learn the mistake they made in backing people hired to exact revenge for the death of his youngest son.

Maybe if his youngest had taken up kite flying he'd still be alive. People do take exception when their comrades are tortured.

Others have feelings too.

If she is very very lucky

Wendy Jean's picture

They will go after Jack bounty. It would solve a lot of problems for her.