Babs' New Year's Resolution 92

Printer-friendly version

Babs' New Year’s Resolution 92

© Beverly Taff

Lola Smith Bab’s adopted trans daughter.
Callista Denton (Callie). Transgendered Duchess of Denton.
Margaret Denton (Maggie). Callie’s wife.
Molly Denton Callie’s grandmother
Ellie Denton Callie’s mother.
Bab’s Barbara Smith. Lola’s adoptive ‘Nana’
Olivia Smith Bab’s adopted daughter. Lesbian black artist
Angela Smith Bab’s adopted daughter Olivia’s lover
Erica Bab’s foster daughter.
Sergeant Bridie Davies Lady Police detective protecting the girls.
Sergeant Brian Davies. Bridie’s twin brother.
Inspector John, Heading up the anti-rape-gang operation.
Gareth Jenkins, Police office trained in firearms and protection.
Belinda Harrington Lola’s university girlfriend.
Aaron Talbot Surgical registrar – married to –
Shirley Talbot Lecturer at Local university.
Mickey Talbot Aaron and Shirley’s oldest son.
Jessica Talbot Aaron & Shirley’s middle daughter.
Bianca Talbot Aaron & Shirley’s youngest daughter.
Henry Denton Callie’s only son.
Charlotte Denton Callie’s only daughter.
Beverly Callie’s maternal great aunt (Ellie’s paternal aunt)
Wendy Smith Beverly’s Operations Manager for Hull
Louisa Wendy’s Daughter
Griselda & Mia Wendy’s younger twin daughters.
Susan Harvey Prosecution counsel advocating for Erica in court.
Han’s The policeman’s son Erica fancies
Uncle Phillip CIA Agent.
Emily Jackson. Texan girl Kidnapped to Holland & Turkey
Sandra Jackson Sister to Emily kidnapped in Texas as a hostage.
Chapter 92.

The following day found the girls waiting on the riverbank in anticipation of seeing Emily surfing the bore held aloft again by Eddie.

The roar of the bore presaged its arrival and soon the girls saw the line of figures edging the growing overfall as surfers jockeyed to keep their lines.

“There she is!” Sarah squealed. “She’s up, look, Eddie’s holding her aloft and the other two are there. Look! Look, they’re touching hands again.”
The girls screamed excitedly from the bank and Emily briefly waved as the tandem surfers drew level.

A surge of applause erupted from the bank then faded as the surfers travelled upstream. Immediately the girls rushed to get their Land-rover before the crowds of onlookers clogged up the road. Eventually they found Emily again sitting breathless with delight on the bank amidst the surf club members who were congratulating the trio.

Emily explained.

That was one of the longest stokes and apparently the fastest for this section.

“Not all of the surfers are here though, Olivia observed.”

“No. The paddle surfers carried on upstream but the wave if too difficult to tandem past the next bend. The sharp bend causes crowding and the break varies with the shape of the riverbed where the river funnels into the narrower section. It’s easy to surf individually but not while tandeming. Show’s over now for another month we’re all going to the pub, are you coming?”

“Oooh! Hark at miss super-surfer!” Sandra scoffed. “My little Sis the regular pub crawler. You’re not twenty-one yet.”

“Uuhm, the age limit is eighteen in UK love.” Eddie reminded Sarah before Lola had a chance to explain. Additionally, a beseeching glance from Ollie and Angie silenced Sarah’s lips.

“We can chance it I suppose,” Lola told herself. ‘provided we drink
Outside.’

To this end, Lola steered the group towards the large table under the apple tree which perfectly suited the surfers as they sorted out the round. It was at the far end of the beer garden and provided Angie and Ollie stayed low, they would escape detection.

While the club arranged themselves around the table. Lola smirked knowingly as Emily attached herself to big Eddie who had become her tandem partner. Emily was small, light and very pretty plus she still took ballet lessons. The image of her poised aloft in Eddie’s outstretched arms had brought out the applause from the crowd.

As Ollie passed around her mobile video clip of the imagery; one of the club members lamented.

“Pity you had the hood and goggles. If your hair had been streaming behind you and no goggles, it would have made a fabulous shot.”

“Maybe during the next equinoctials,” Eddie suggested.

“We’ll see.” Emily replied non-commitedly as Lola just caught her eye with a warning glance.

“I could photoshop some long hair and remove the goggles,” another of the club members suggested.”

“I’d need to see the shot before you post it.” Emily declared. “I’ve seen what some photo-shoppers can do.” Been caught like that before.

The table chat fell naturally into surfing and for the most part, Nana-Bab’s babes talked little except of course for Emily.

Later, as the girls drove home to Canal cottage, Lola and Sarah spoke to Emily about the dangers of being seen too much online doing her spectacular surfing gymnastics with Eddie.

“You’re going to have to explain to him why you have to wear the hood and the goggles. If somebody recognises you on You-tube, or face-book or something then the shit could hit the fan.”

“Yeah, okay.” Emily concurred. “I’ll tell him.”

“The problem is little Sis,” Sarah continued. “It’s not just Eddie you have to warn, it’s everybody in the club and people on the bank filming. You don’t have any idea who’s filming.”

“Jeeze! I can’t live under lock and key.” Emily protested.

“That’s just the problem,” Lola argued, “every one of us has to do just that. At least until the case comes up and that won’t be til next year.”

“But Gloucester TV want to do a programme. This could mean a break for me.”

“And us having to move to another safe house. I’m beginning to like it here.” Olivia added her stuff to the mix. “I don’t want to have to move because you want nine seconds of fame.”

Emily sulked a bit. She fully knew the dangers but she so, so wanted to make a name.

“I’ll continue using my hood and googles.”

“Others are bound to ask. You’ll bugger it up for all of us, I know.” Sarah wagged her head for as an older sister, she knew how headstrong Emily could be. What seriously irked Sarah was that Emily knew better than anybody from America, just how evil this trafficking gang could be.

When they returned to the cottage, Bab’s could sense the mood of discord so she approached Lola during a private moment to ask. Lola explained what had happened so naturally Bab’s tried her hand at persuading Emily to tone it down.

For the following month, Emily left the business on a low burner and the mood settled at the cottage.
However the following month Emily contacted Eddie and when the next big tides were forthcoming, Emily arranged to surf an earlier bore a day before the anticipated highest bore. By prearranging to go with Eric she mitched off school and met Eddie just as the school bus was scheduled to pick up the girls of school age. Emily, Angela and Olivia.

Lola had gone up to Cambridge Uni and Sarah was attending Bristol uni studying a course that roughly paralleled her course back home in Texas.

Bab’s had left her phone off that early morning so she did not see the text from Olivia until morning school break at eleven o’clock. With a curse, she alerted Sergeant Bridie and the two sped along to the anticipated surfing location. There, Bab’s was aghast to find a television crew recording Emily performing a perfect flying swallow flight with her arms outstretched as Edie’s powerful arms held her aloft poised in a perfect lift.

Because the tidal bore was small, their performance only lasted about thirty seconds. Also the river was devoid of other surfers because it was a weekday and the tide was not anticipated to be large. That gave the pair the whole river to manoeuvre and they could easily extend their travel by choosing the best part of the wave without interference from other surfers.

Bab’s heard the television crew squeal with delight as they captured a perfect performance and it was several moments before Bab’s realised Emily had not covered her hair or hidden her face.

Her hair streamed out behind her and she had blissful expression on her face. There was no doubt that the performance had produced a spectacular image and the female producer was almost wetting herself with excitement.

Alternatively, Bab’s eyes glittered with rage and Sergeant Bridie was almost apoplectic.

When Bab’s and Bridie caught up with the surfing pair, Sergeant Bridie almost tore the camera from the Television crew’s hands whilst Bab’s cursed Emily and Eddie.

“You stupid buggers! Bab’s cursed. This cannot go out!

Simultaneously, Sergeant Bridie was demanding the recording from the Camera crew who demanded that she produce a warrant permitting her to confiscate it.

Of course, they refused to surrender the recording initially so Sergeant Bridie actually arrested the crew and compelled them to accompany her to Gloucester Police HQ. There she immediately contacted Inspector John who accompanied the camera crew and Bab’s to the television studio’s in Gloucester.

After nearly two hours of explanation, and several phone calls to London and Houston, the Camera crew were finally cognoscente of the danger Emily was in. They eventually and reluctantly surrendered the recording. But not before one self-interested, hubristic snowflake had surreptitiously extracted the chip and copied it before handing the original chip to the police.

For a few days after the event, Bab’s and the girls thought they were home and dry but the following weekend the clip appeared on both You tube and Facebook. It had gone viral; especially in Texas after Emily’s nationality was revealed.

ooo000ooo

On the Saturday morning Sarah received a notification from her parents about the video. On checking her you tube she let out a shriek of rage and stormed downstairs where Bab’s and Bridie were sharing a cup of coffee.

“Have you seen this?” She cursed.

“Seen what?” Bab’s wondered.

“This!” Sarah almost choked as she showed the video clip on her phone. “The stupid bitch has only gone and allowed it.”

Sergeant Bridie studied the clip over Bab’s shoulder and cursed softly as she observed.

“You can recognise it as her. I’m going to have a word.”

The ensuing row made Emily absolutely aware of the consequences of her greed for fame for the clip obviously identified Emily as the girl being held aloft. It also located her at the River Severn estuary but Emily tried to argue that it did not pinpoint her at the Canal Cottage.

“All the gang has to do is set watchers at the next bore. They don’t even have to see her! All they have to do is ask around amongst the surfers! You stupid bitch!” Sarah cursed.

“I didn’t give anybody permission to post that clip. It must have been somebody on the television crew. Only the camera crew on the jet-ski got that close; close enough to identify me.” Emily pleaded her innocence.

Bab’s intervened as she sensed the coming row.

“Well whoever posted it, it’s out there now and obviously gone viral. The main thing now is to try and limit the damage. Emily, have you ever told anybody where you live?”

“No. Even Sarah knows they call me ‘Cotton-eyed-jane’ at the surf club. Nobody knows.”

Bab’s sighed with frustration. Even a name like that could invoke unwanted interest. Emily was a truly beautiful girl and testosterone would dog her all her life. Even though she was truly alert to the dangers having once been kidnapped, she would always have to look over her shoulder. She decided to chat with Inspector John and the whole police team to find a way forward.

Over the telephone, a strategy was arranged for the girls but for the moment, all they could do was wait and see.

In truth, after looking at the set up down at Canal cottage, it was as safe a location as the police could wish for. A few hidden cameras at strategic locations would render the place safe provided motion sensors were installed from the road, down the lane, along the towpath and all the way to the river lock. If the risk level was heightened they could afford to add more armed guards because of the international interest in the girl’s case.

In truth, the police still considered the girls to be ‘bait’ with a small ‘B’.

ooo000ooo

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Some people can be annoyingly……

D. Eden's picture

Stupid and selfish. The internet has simply made it easier to do so.

Add in people like Donald Trump justifying and mainstreaming the lunacy, and suddenly the assholes and crazies have come out of the woodwork.

The whole world has taken two steps backwards in the past decade.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Arrest who put the clip on the internet

Jamie Lee's picture

They need to go back to the TV station and find out which Ahole put that clip on the internet then arrest them for endangering a minor.

Emily was stupid and selfish for doing what she did. She endangered all of them because her ego overruled her common sense. She showed she has no interest in anyone but herself, or she would have covered up.

Under lock and key is exactly what could happen if the gang locates her and can snatch her again. Once should have been enough for her, guess she enjoys being held captive and forced to have sex.

Others have feelings too.

Teenagers

joannebarbarella's picture

Hormones over-rule memory cells....although how Emily could forget her time with the gang makes the mind boggle. Invincible'r'us.

You would think

Wendy Jean's picture

Emily understands the dangers, it is easy to forget she is just a self-centered teenager sometimes.