A Good Girlfriend Pt 3: At The Pictures

Printer-friendly version

sandy danny.jpg

I got back to my room feeling very excited. OMG, OMG, OMG! Tim asked me out, I told him I was born male and he was still game for a date! Was it a date though? Or maybe it was just two friends, hanging out? He was, after all, the new boy and he needed to make friends.

I really liked him though, really wanted. Really wanted him to like me.

I called Claire immediately. We did not have mobile phones back then except for a few of us. It just wasn't a thing yet. I had to use the house phone. Fortunately, no one was home.

"Hello"

"Hey Claire! You're not gonna believe what just happened!"

"Wot, you magically became female?", she giggled.

"Haha, so funny. I got a date!"

"Oh my god! Who with?"

"Tim from marketing class!"

"What, that tough guy looking bloke? Is he all right with your...you know...situation", this was her being delicate, by the way.

"Well I told him, yes but come to think of it, I didn't specify if i was pre-op or post op", the thought occuring to me just then.

"Ok. Maybe don't say anything till things develop?", if they developed at all, that is.

"Right but can you come over on Friday? You know, to help me to choose the right outfit and all?"

"Of course, girl. No problem at all", I could feel her sincere smile on the line.

Friday night could not come soon enough for me. I was so excited to the point that I diligently avoided Tim in class. The one time we bumped into each other was on the actual day. He smiled at me saying, "See you tonight at the cinema?". I blushed hotly and nodded, "mmm hmm", smiling. There was only one cinema we knew so need for specifics.

We had already chosen a rather obscure film to us at the time, The English Patient. Tim rolled his eyes at the choice (boys!) but promised to give it a go. It eventually won a load of Oscars, that film.

Claire helped me choose black slacks which helped de-emphasise my lack of a derriere.That went with a blue blouse with tiny flowers. I wore a bar with modest breast forms and hoped he wouldn't grope them (but also wished he would!)

We met in front of the cinema. My girl friends dropped me off as they were concerned I might get pestered if I walked by myself there. Fair point, I suppose. I was not exactly unpassable but you never know...

Tim was already there, looking nervous. How cute, i thought. I waved to him 'hello'.

"Hey Chrissy, you're looking very nice", he didn't say 'pretty' which I had hoped for.

"Thanks, you too. Shall we get some snacks? It's a three hour film"

"Oh yes, please", he said as he took my arm into the cinema. I shivered with excitement. The date starts here, I thought!

This boy can really eat. He bought the largest popcorn box, hot dogs and nachos. I was hoping he would take me to dinner afterwards but with this amount of grub, I wouldn't be eating for a week! A girl has to keep her figure after all.

The film was quite a talky-talky film so we couldn't say much. I remembering thinking how handsome the Sikh man was. A decade later, I would notice him again in 'Lost' and in 2013, as Princess Diana's paramour in the film, Diana. That's Naveen Andrews.

Of course, the English Patient was a total melodrama. Of course, when the doomed lovers met their fate while being part, I had to get the tissues out from my purse.

"Hey, hey now. It's just a film, Chrissy" was Tim's lame attempt at comforting me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just so tragic...", my voice cracked at the end

"It's ok, it's ok. Cumere...", he said, putting his arm around me. Perhaps the tears were worth it after all!

I leaned into his side embrace. His body was warm. I wanted to reach my arm across his wide chest but I didn't dare. I did rest my head on it though. I had never felt so excitement in my boring life. Was this boy becoming my boyfriend so soon?

to be continued....

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos