Reluctant Diva 28

Printer-friendly version

Reluctant Diva 28
Inspired by Lipstick Discipline
Chapter 28 – Summertime fun
Later in the summer vacation I had a memorable invitation from Madeleine; this time to another theatre engagement. I’d enjoyed the previous evenings I’d spent with her, Mom was keen that I should accept and I had no serious objection. My hostess’s circle of friends that I’d be with weren’t exactly to my taste, but as I was reminded, mixing with a more sophisticated crowd was good for my social skills. Like any teenage ‘girl’ I revelled in any opportunity to get dressed up. I was soon absorbed in finding something suitable to wear and that was what mainly occupied my mind. I was well aware that my budget wouldn’t run to many new purchases, but hanging in my closet were some cocktail dresses that Mom had passed on to me. They were stylish in their way if not the latest in fashion. All would not be lost however. My parent was very capable with a needle and willing to help out. We had devised some alterations for several of the simpler numbers to make them more à la mode. Others might have to wait another ten years before being sufficiently ‘in’ again to be wearable, if that ever happened!

In the end I settled on a dress in a bouffant full-skirted style in a delicate lilac brocade and when it was suitably shortened to bring it up to date with the current style, I was pleased with my choice. My waist was narrower than my parent’s had been when she had worn it but when a couple of extra darts had been artfully sewn in, the garment nipped in quite as much as my figure demanded. That alteration also had the effect of making the skirt flare even more dramatically from my rounded hips, thus accentuating the hour-glass effect which was so much in vogue in those times.

The bodice was boned and included its own bra cups. These were none too roomy but after the straps had been adjusted I could just about squeeze myself into them. That was if my boobs didn’t burst out as they seemed to be threatening. I debated whether the amount of cleavage I would be showing might be open to censure.
APicImage75c2
However, Mom suggested that I merely wear a cardigan over the top for modesty and my fears on that score were allayed. In any event I could be sure that the more I showed the better Madeleine would like it. My looks would be appreciated by her, if no-one else, and I have to admit that my vanity was fuelled by being admired. Perhaps I had become too obsessed with wanting to appear to advantage, but after all, I was eager to find whatever pleasures my new life might afford and, along with my new found taste for flirting, this was one of them! What a precocious little diva I had become!

Mom drove me to Madeleine’s house. Maria greeted me effusively with her best smiles and took me upstairs to where my hostess was completing her preparations.
After embracing me warmly “I’m not quite ready, Jennifer” remarked my hostess, and indicating the pictures ranged along the wall. “Have you noticed my art collection? You might like to take it in while you wait.”

To be honest I had never paid the paintings much attention. They were predominantly in the classical style, the majority depicting semi-clad women. In some of the pictures these were being chased by lusty male figures equally unclothed; nymphs and satyrs, as I was to learn.

When she had completed her toilette Madeleine joined me. “This is one of my favourites.” She indicated one depicting a slender young thing, some of whose modesty was preserved by wispy drapes of cloth. Her eyes were downcast and she looked calm and in a reflective mood.

“She has such inner peace, don’t you think? You have always put me in mind of her. One day I shall throw a party with these paintings as the theme. That would be exciting, don’t you agree?”
Img098a
Though I didn’t voice a contrary view I found the whole collection mildly disturbing. Madeleine laughed at my doubtful expression. “Don’t worry. We would be wearing a little more than she!”

I had been correct about my companion’s apparent obsession. As we talked, she couldn’t seem to take her eyes off my décolletage. I was glad my mother had suggested the precautionary cardigan I was counting on. However, when we arrived at the theatre this didn’t work for me as I’d anticipated. The evening was very warm and when we left the car, my hostess laid her jacket on the rear seat. Underneath she was wearing an eye-catching cerise silk camisole over black pants.
“We won’t need this” she murmured and unfastening the top button of my woolly cover-up, took it from me. To my dismay it joined her jacket in the car.
“Perfect!” was her remark with her eyes on my bust.

Framed rather than covered by the thin brocade as it was, there was plenty to appreciate. It seemed I had no choice but to submit to being made the centre of attention once again. Well, as they say, there’s only one thing worse than being looked at and that’s not being looked at! So it proved when we met up with her friends, whose reaction to my lack of modesty varied. Though outwardly effusive in their greetings, I caught both Joan and Greta eyeing my figure with something like disdain. Perhaps I was over-sensitive, but I never felt truly at my ease in their company and was happiest when in attendance on Madeleine.

Not all her friends were so stand-offish. Roddy made his appreciation very evident, looking me up and down approvingly and standing much closer to me than I wished him to. In contrast, his friend Tam’s warm expressions of pleasure in seeing me and his flamboyant greetings were manifestly over the top. I divined that he might be envious of the reception I was receiving from his friend and this was his way of compensating.

Nothing deterred, his bearded companion continued chatting intimately to me. His hand had started by touching my arm and then progressed to encircling my waist. I had the difficult choice of seeming unfriendly by pulling away or allowing myself to be held close to him. As the line of least resistance I chose the latter and strangely I found myself enjoying the experience… just a little. Well… actually quite a lot. It was my ‘unpredictable’ week and being held in a strong grip like Roddy’s was turning me on. I had to stop myself glancing at the front of his pants too often. I’d noticed that the bulge down there was impressively large and it seemed to exercise an involuntary fascination for me. This became progressively more embarrassing because, once I was aware of this inadvertent fixation, I found myself continually checking it out! Madeleine’s face bore a knowing smile but she made no attempt to intervene. By the time we were finally ushered to our seats and I was released and could breathe a sigh of relief, Tam was standing some distance away, evidently in a huff and Joan’s lips had been pursed in disapproval for so long I wondered if they would stay that way permanently!

The first two acts of the play were quite absorbing and while watching them I was able to get my head back together and regain a more normal state of mind. When the interval came we gathered in the bar for refreshments as usual. I saw Madeleine across the room and was making my way over to her when an arm slid around my shoulder and Roddy collared me again. Was there no escape?!

He put a large brightly coloured cocktail in my hand. “Drink this my pet” he boomed as he drew me close to him. Glancing meaningfully downwards he continued, “It may not put hairs on your chest, but it will make you feel wonderful.”

It was hot in the room and I needed some cool liquid desperately. The drink tasted sweet but seemed awfully strong and after the first hasty gulp my head swam. I sipped it more cautiously after that and tried to listen to my over-friendly companion’s chat. It was difficult to focus. His beard tickled me as he held me close and it was distracting having to make an effort not to become fixated on his other endowments. He called for more drinks and I had to quickly swallow the remains of the first when another was pressed into my hand. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Greta and Joan looking disapprovingly down their noses. When the interval drew to a close Greta announced that Tam had gone home with a headache. She looked accusingly at me as she said so.

At this news Roddy moaned theatrically “I am bereft!” However his distress at his friend’s absence was only feigned and he speedily went on to compensate by inviting me to come out with him when the play was over. “There’s a little hot-spot I know that you will simply adore” he cried. “What say we make a night of it?”

The two companions appeared to be shocked at this suggestion but my hostess looked on cheerfully. Horrified at the way things were developing I was totally at a loss as to how to deal with the situation. Fortunately, the theatre bell rang just then and before we made our way back to our seats Madeleine took my amorous friend by the arm and whispered something reprovingly in his ear. I couldn’t catch the words but the smiles on their faces were somehow disconcerting.

I needed a moment to recover myself so I finished my second drink hurriedly and made the excuse of paying a visit to the restroom. It provided an opportunity to recover my poise as well as freshen my make-up, but my head was now reeling anew from the cocktails I’d gulped down. Returning confusedly to the auditorium I took a wrong turn. I could see that most seats were filled and my vacant place was now on the other side of Roddy and Madeleine in the middle of our row. I had to pass all the patrons who were already seated and awkwardly I apologised to each one as they stood to let me squeeze by. When I came to Roddy, he remained seated and as I made to push past him, I found my waist held in his strong grip. Playfully he pulled me down onto his lap.

“Now, my dear, wouldn’t you be more comfortable here?” he chortled. “You would be able to see better, too; as of course, would I!”

His eyes were level with my over-exposed bust, and only inches away. I couldn’t think of any way of deflecting his lustful gaze. My senses were giddy with the effect of the drinks and I giggled at the absurdity of my situation as I looked helplessly at Madeleine hoping she would intervene. She seemed to be happy to join in with the amusement of the moment, even if some of it was at my expense. What was increasingly embarrassing was my slow realisation that I could feel something underneath me where I was perched on top of him. Something hard was pressing into my butt. Whatever it was felt warm, hot almost, through my thin dress. The sensation wasn’t unpleasant but unexpectedly exciting. Finally I tumbled to what it might be and with difficulty resisted an insane urge to press myself harder against it.
What was the matter with me?!

I was saved by lights going up on the stage and with an effort I freed myself from my amorous admirer and pushed past my hostess to regain the safety of my own seat. The rest of the evening passed without further incident and on the drive home I found myself being comforted.

“You mustn’t mind men like Roddy” she remarked. “He would screw anything on two legs of course, but he’s mostly harmless. It’s how he got his soubriquet. He’s actually named Bernard!”
I looked at her to see if she was joking but her face was impassive.

“Oh, I wasn’t too upset” I reassured her. I found easy to talk openly as we drove, although probably my tongue had been loosened after the drinks I’d had. “It’s kind of flattering to feel I’m an object of desire and reassuring too. I guess my choices would be limited when it comes to partners, the way things are with me.”

I thought for a minute. “Can I ask you a question?”

She nodded.

“I can live with that, but do you think I ought to stop taking all these pills that I’m on? I’ve been wondering if I did whether things might go back to being more… well… normal.”

My mentor was emphatic in negating this proposal. “Oh Jennifer! That could do untold harm. You are quite unique and I know your mother has made sure your hormones are balanced just right.”

Just right for what? I was left to digest this statement during the rest of the journey.

On the following afternoon I was neatly attired in one of my Sunday dresses and had just finished dealing with the luncheon dishes when there was a knock at our front door. I hastily removed the apron I’d worn to protect my frock and hung it behind the kitchen door. Mom was drinking her coffee in the backyard and chatting with Tom who was playing with his model soldiers. I naturally needed to check my hair and make-up in the mirror and by the time I reached the door the person outside had knocked again. I lifted the latch and opened the door to see my friend Shirley framed in the doorway, her fist raised to repeat her knock again.

“You take your time” she remarked crossly. “I was just about to leave.”

“Sorry, I was just finishing the dishes from lunch.”

She looked suitably mollified by this apology and launched earnestly into the reason for her visit. “Listen. Paula and I had arranged to go for a walk this afternoon and she can’t make it because her grandparents have turned up so you had better come instead.”

She paused to take a breath and I took advantage to put in a word. “I’ll need to check with my mom but yes, I’d love to come with you.” Such an opportunity to further our friendship was too good to miss and I asked her to come inside.

It took a little wheedling from me and pleading from Shirley before Mom agreed to the request. Only when she was assured I would be back in good time was permission granted.

The weather was hot and sultry and Shirley was wearing a little sundress and a wide hat. She carried a basket which looked interesting.

“Do I need to bring anything?” I inquired.

Shirley shook her head but my mother had other ideas. “A sun hat, I think, and some lotion if you aren’t to burn.”

Thus equipped we looked at each other in perfect amity and set out together. Where we were headed I had no idea and I was content to follow my friend’s lead. The sun was beating down so it was a relief when we left the residential quarter and turned into the narrow road which led towards a wooded valley. Though the trees were sparse at first they gave welcome shelter and the grass at the roadside under our feet was cool and soft.

“Where are we going?” I enquired absently of my friend. This was a district I had never explored before. It was too lonely for a girl to wander safely on her own and had been too far for me to roam to in the days before I had become Jennifer.

“You’ll see. It’s my favourite secret place, but you mustn’t mention it to anyone because it would spoil it if people knew about it.”

The trees grew thicker as we walked on and the ground was bare underfoot, but we made our way through to a clearing where the grass grew green again. The surrounding underbrush was thick and encircled us completely. Best of all a green pool lay in one corner, the sun making dappled patterns on the still water.

“Shirley this is beautiful” I exclaimed delightedly. “How did you find this?”

“Oh I’ve known about it forever. The pool is only here when there’s been a lot of rain, like last week. I knew it would be full today. Come on.”

Shirley dropped down to kneel where the grass was short and started to unpack her basket. There were a couple of bottles of Seven-up, two oranges and a packet of biscuits. At the bottom were two large towels, which she proceeded to spread on the greensward alongside each other.

“Oh this is perfect” I threw myself down on one. “Clever you!”

It was delicious to lie down in that sunny space completely screened by the quivering trees. I gazed contentedly at the little clouds drifting imperceptibly in the blue sky. I felt as if I could remain still forever. Not so my companion. She had removed her sandals and kneeling beside me she was unfastening the buttons down the front of her dress, and seconds later had wriggled out of it and tossed it aside. As it fell away I saw that she had been bra-less underneath and now her perky little breasts seemed to dance before my fevered gaze. What was she thinking!

“Come on Jennifer!” she repeated. Standing before me in a tiny pair of lacy white panties she laughed at my startled expression, then turned and ran across the grass to leap into the water with a loud splash.

“You too!” my friend commanded from the middle of the pool.

APicImage82

I knew I would have no choice to obey but I was posed with a dilemma. I had a little more to conceal than she, even if it was only quite little. I was alarmed to see Shirley’s face taking on a disappointed expression while I considered what to do. Standing with her hands on her hips, nearly nude and waist deep in water, she was predictably as impatient as ever. Thinking quickly I came up with a compromise. My frock was made of a thin gauzy material and for decency had an under-slip underneath it. I would take off the dress but leave the slip on. I stood up to unzip my dress after hastily checking around. I was reassured that we were completely alone.

Folding the discarded garment up carefully I laid it on the grass then next unfastened my bra and easing my arms out of the straps, removed it from under my slip. My sandals came off next and reaching under my slip I finally pulled down my panty-girdle and laid it aside. I could enter the water attired like this and afterwards I could remove the wet undergarment and if needs must I would manage without it on the walk home.

With another splash I joined her in the water. It was deliciously cool. This was heaven! I was immediately pounced on and pushed under the surface, to struggle free spluttering madly. The next ten minutes were spent frolicking like this, laughing and squealing wildly as we both attempted to get the other’s head under the water.
APicImage76b
When we had tired of our game Shirley led the way to the edge where the bank formed a sort of step. We sat on the submerged grass up to our chests in the water giggling breathlessly.

When recovered I wondered “what next?” Predictably Shirley took the lead once again. Playfully she dragged her hands through the water to make little waves that washed over her. Those firm little breasts bounced provocatively while she looked slyly to see my reaction. I became immediately self-conscious and coloured up. She grinned with satisfaction at my blushes. Washing the water against her exposed breasts seemed to fascinate her and she played in this way with little cries of delight at their buoyancy.

Eventually she rose and taking my hand led me out to lie on the grassy sward. Our wet bodies glistened in the sunlight. I seemed to be frozen in a trance while Shirley knelt beside me. She was staring at what was revealed by my wet undergarment. This was unbelievable. I was under the intense scrutiny of an attractive teenage girl who was herself naked. She examined me curiously.

“Is that as big as it gets?” The question came out of the blue and was typically direct.

“P… pretty much” I stammered.

“Shame. I could really fancy you if I let myself” she mused out loud. “I like Kyle a lot but he’s so immature compared to you. You’re different. I somehow know that you could teach me all kinds of things.”

“What things?”

“Well how do I know until you teach me?”

Fortunately we could see the funny side of her question and our renewed laughter defused any tension in the air. Was there an invitation implied? She was certainly doing her best to turn me on. My imagination raced through the possibilities. If there was an invitation I couldn’t be certain whether I would be capable of fulfilling it, but there sure might be some fun finding out! In the end I chose not to see it, if it was there. Shirley and I were of an age but compared to myself she seemed an innocent. It would be cynical to take advantage of her eagerness for new things. Strange thinking for a teenage boy, perhaps.

We went over to pick up the towels and skillfully wrapping it around me I peeled off my under-slip and hung it on a bush to dry in the sun. I was so engaged when a pair of wet panties, thrown with unerring accuracy, landed on my head. This was followed by the sound of my friend’s hysterical laughter. Ruefully I removed them and hung them next to my slip. Next the end of my towel was seized and a tug of war ensued that did little to preserve my modesty. Two can play at that game, however, and it would be hard to say which of us was the eventual victor! When we had tired of horsing around we sat side by side in our towels on the sunny grass to munch on biscuits and fruit before lying back in the sunshine. Shirley stretched her arm protectively across my bosom and a deep contentment stole over me. I would have liked time to stand still just then.

When we finally had to leave our underclothes were dry enough to wear so we dressed ourselves fully again. Shirley derived much amusement in the pretence of putting on my bra by mistake and recoiling in mock horror at the difference in our relative sizes. Her perky little breasts came nowhere near to filling the cups. The joke wasn’t all at my expense however, as I feigned equal amazement over how small her panties were!

I linked arms with her as we walked home in perfect accord. “I’m so glad you’re my friend, Shirley.” Our closeness met my needs much better than a more complicated relationship would have done and I was glad about the choice I’d made.

She beamed at me and gave my waist a squeeze. “Sisters, right?”

With our clothes set to rights, hair neatly brushed and make-up refreshed no-one could guess from our appearance that we had been up to anything. On my return home I passed Mom’s inquisitive gaze without cause for comment.
Just as well!

AttachmentSize
Image icon Img098a58.27 KB
Image icon APicImage82448.52 KB
Image icon APicImage76b406.86 KB
Image icon APicImage75c2357 KB
up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jennifer’s mother and Madeleine both…….

D. Eden's picture

Seem to take an inordinate amount of enjoyment out of placing her in dangerous and compromising positions. Without a care for what she might want, or for what the ultimate fallout of their actions might be.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

All Gone

joannebarbarella's picture

No reluctance and no maleness left.