Dance, Dance, Dance: Full Moon -09-

Printer-friendly version

dancers

Dance, Dance, Dance

Full Moon

Chapter Nine - Out for a Run

By Jo Dora Webster

Will Denise and Chelsea enjoy their run before their day began?

 


Chapter Nine - Out for a Run

[Sunday Day Eight of the Enchantment]

When I woke, I had a text from Chelsea asking me to meet her for a run prior to beginning our day so we could compare notes on the Sadie Hawkins Dance. I remembered that Mom, I mean Coach, had wanted us to dress in our practice uniforms for today so that's what I put on after my shower. I fortunately had woke an hour before the time Chelsea wanted to meet up. Mom was up early too and on the phone with someone.

"Thanks Jane for getting up so early for you to talk to me about the wonderful new choreography that you invented for us to use for the competition. Goodbye!"

She hung up the phone and turned to speak to me.

"Hey Kiddo! What has you up this early?"

"Chelsea texted me. She wants to go on a run with me and compare notes on last night's dance."

"Ok Kiddo, you can go. Just make sure you keep our suspicions about Chelsea under wraps. Text her back that it is okay and for her to meet you here. I want to talk to both of you before you go."

"Yes, Momma."

I texted Chelsea. Soon afterward Chelsea appeared at our kitchen door and I let her in. Both of us listened for Momma, I mean Coach's instructions.

"Girls, I want you to stay on the marked route that the police patrol and has the CCTV coverage."

In unison we replied, "Yes, Coach!"

"Have fun on your run!"

We left and immediately started the course that 'Coach' wanted us to stay on. Since we had spent so much time together last night, all we needed to talk about on those few times when we were apart. It was almost like Chelsea was my date instead of Richard.

"So did you get kissed by Richard last night, Denise?"

Before I had composed an answer, out of the corner of my eye I saw a van bearing down on the two of us. Somehow I just knew that it was danger coming for us.

I shouted to Chelsea, "About Face! Hit it!"

Immediately both Chelsea and I began the routine. The dance I had just initiated required us to turn on our heels 135 degrees leaving a 90 degree angle between us. We would dance apart till we were far enough separated to do two standard tumbling runs. The van grinded to a stop and we saw two men with rifles exit it and start to shoot at us at us.

My dancing allowed me to avoid the darts that the rifle shot at me while Chelsea was protected by objects telekinetically flying in to block the darts from hitting her. A portal formed in front of her and she vanished.

My surprise from Chelsea vanishing distracted me and a dart hit me between the shoulder blades. The drug worked very quickly and I stumbled. Before I hit the ground blackness overcame me.

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Changes

Dee Sylvan's picture

I have enjoyed this story although it has cruised right along with no controversy or drama. Who has drugged her and what is next?

DeeDee

Drama, Drama, Drama

Hi Dee,
I agree that things have gone along without a lot of drama, so far. With Chelsea fingered as the avatar of Erida, who is in love with Denise, she pulled her punches in her attempt to get Denise to realize that she is transgendered and that she should remain as a girl after the enchantment is over. Erida is ready to take direct action having sent her minions to kidnap Denise.

As of the writing of this comment, I have finished chapter 10 & 11 which describe Denise's captivity and gotten a start on chapter 12. This book closes with chapter 15. If I continue to make progress and don't run out of written chapters, I may post more frequently. For instance I want to finish chapter 12 before I post chapter 10 to leave me a buffer of chapters to post.

There will be more of Denise coping with her enchantment after the cheerleader competition is over in the book, Dance Dance Dance: New Moon which will cover the last 14 days of her enchantment and the return of the full moon.

Dee, thank you for reading thus far and I hope that you will enjoy the totality of the journey.

Jo Dora Webster