Sammi's story

Printer-friendly version

Sammie's story an incident of magic and Fae

I am adding this character in to flesh out my stories with more characters I can control fully and not barrow too many of others laying around the Whateley school

Lets see how you all like it and PLEASE PLEASE comment or I don't know what to do next or if you even like this plot?


~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles

Solberg family home in the far Northwest section of the San Fernando Valley, near the 118 freeway and the Santa Susanna pass.

The home was a much older dwelling on a very large lot, a home that was original to the area when it was first developed from an orange grove orchard in the late 1940’s. Most of the rest of the homes in the area were situated on much smaller lots that were split up decades ago by developers.

Sammi was the only teen or kid living in this house, she loved growing up here and was looking forward to starting her first year of high school at the private school her dad Scott paid for. Well kind of paid for, her mom Sharron paid for most of it. Mom was VERY rich when her parents finally divorced and her dad Scott made out like a bandit in the settlement. His part was this house fully paid off, Sammie’s school paid for through any college she went to and alimony too!

The divorce pained Sammi at the time, but soon enough Sammi saw what mom was doing to dad. Mom had a business that was doing very well when the two of them met and had Sammi a year later. At the time of the wedding mom had the existing business separated in a prenuptial agreement as she had it long before the marriage, dad agreed to the terms with ease…it was her’s by any standard!

But as the years passed by, mom took more and more ‘family’ money to keep the business afloat and by ‘family’ money in her mind…that meant dad’s money from work! Then after a windfall at mom’s biz, all because her idea of a company was worth tens of million to a bigger business she sold out and started sleeping out on dad! Next mom got the idea to divorce and trade Sammie’s dad in for a new more pliant, hot sexier model husband.

Scott did not take the idea of Sharron skipping off with some ‘BroHAM’ dude from the local gym laying down and since he did the family's taxes every year…that meant he kept all the receipts! Those receipts showed that he for several years contributed to the company even existing and thus was owed a large part of it! The fight was bitter, but a judge read all the documents, called the bluff mom was playing and settled the case. Scott would never be an instant millionaire, but he could be one if he invested his pay and alimony right over the coming years!

Sammi saw how mom had done dad ‘dirty’ and played the court case like she was the victim, but Sammie figured it all out when mom didn't even want half custody of her and was happy with visiting rights or vacation weekends when mom was not busy off skiing in europe or laying on some beach somewhere or lastly trying to impress other rich people at parties!

She did not hate mom, but she did not put up with her lies one little bit and made sure that mom knew it! For right now Sammie was happy to be here, at home with a loving dad and making sure all of her clothes and other school needs were all set for opening day in less than two weeks. Yes her school did start later than most, but made up for it with less vacation time and longer class days. That intensive program the school used was one of the best in the state!

For right now Sammi was busy with her list for school, she made these all the time for most tasks at hand and it was kind of the ADHD she got from her dad acting out! In most kids ADHD made them a bit off the wall hyper, in her case it made her be very very thorough in all tasks to nearly being obsessed about it!

The teen was inside her huge walk-in closet, the same one that only a few months back had become an importu landing pad to twin Drow…yes those Drow! She was checking off her list of underwear needs, what was new, what was old and finally what might be needed in a few weeks as Sammi’s sizes had changed and the old stuff was growing a little tight!

She slid the underwear drawer closed, then opened her shorts and old worn out pants drawer. You know the ‘let's toss this on for the day cause we don’t care!’. Sammi flipped through the stack of freshly cleaned shorts and then counted off the older sweatpants or ragged jeans that still fitted her. That is when she heard a soft light humm at the back of the closet towards the floor.

Wolfy, her German shepard was watching her from the bedroom’s short hall to the bathroom when the hum started up. His head popped up from him laying there just watching her work to one of being curious at the hum, then on to him tilting his head at the sound in confusion like most dogs do.

The hum grew louder as Sammi pulled a stack of her old pants off the item humming, she saw that it was that golden box she found in the backyard a few years back. It was buried when she found it digging and playing, it took all she had to get it into her radio flyer wagon and inside the house. The box was just that heavy!

She had mostly forgotten about the box until the twins landed and one of them must have touched it and left a glowing handprint behind in the metal, along with the box now being covered in even brighter glowing runes! Sammi used to lay beside the box on some nights after the twins left, tracing the runes out on its smooth surface with a finger wondering as she did each one in turn what the rune stood for or meant to those who knew magic?

The glow of the runes faded over the next month and she did not mention the darn thing to anyone in hopes maybe the twins might want it someday? She knew deep down that if anyone in authority ever saw the box they'd take it and lock it up for years if not centuries and what good would that do it just laying there getting dusty!

The box’s hum grew louder as she got closer to uncover it fully, that is when Wolfy bolted having somewhere much safer to be suddenly!

“Coward!” is all Sammie could sigh at the sight, “Darn dog is part cat…all Fraidy cat!”

She being a very curious girl all her life and even more curious and add a huge helping of bravado to the mix as Sammi became a teen, she bent down to touch the golden bronze metal box and it glowed even more as she touched it, then stroked its utterly smooth surface.

“What got you all fired up and glowly tonight?” she asked the box knowing or expecting no answer to come from the mass of metal.

As her hand passed over the box a few more times she noticed that the runes glowed in patterns and many of them faded in the dead center of its oblong surface. The box was very much like a huge shoe box in its shape 32 inch long by 16 inch wide and 16 inches high. Sammi smoothed her hands over it again, left then right and as her right hand made its third pass. It left an area in the center where none of the runes glowed anymore…in the shape of her hand with fingers stretched wide out!

“Why’d you do that?” she questioned, “You must really want me to touch you there again?”

The box only glowed back as the hands outline stood out even more now by all the runes glowing in a steadily growing pace, “Well I guess you are daring me and I never turn down a dare!” she laughed.

Sammi then jammed her hand on the top inside the hand print, the box glowed even brighter and hummed even louder, so loud she thought it might get her dad’s attention! “Ohhh I’d better stop and you shut up or dad will find ya and take you away or have you sent away!” she told the box.

She tried to pull her hand away and it was as if it was glued to the box or now part of it!

“HEY NOW LET GO OF ME!” Sammi struggled as she barked at the glowing metal box.

The box did not heed her words or her demands or let her go, it instead sent wave after wave of glowing light into her hand and then up her arm. It was bright enough that Sammie would swear later on that she could actually see each bone in her hand and arm clearly!

To an outside viewer of the process happening to Sammi, her whole arm glowed like daylight, then the waves passed through her whole body so much that it gave an impression that she was the source of all the light. Her eyes even glowed like fire as the first waves passed through her head…then it all stopped as suddenly as it began!

The box’s force let go of Sammi and she slumped to the floor winded by the whole encounter she just had. “What was that you darn thing!” she said as she gave the box a kick with her shoe!

The box only glowed lightly and started to fade as if it was powering down, its job finished for now.

Sammi stood up from what had just happened to her and felt more than a bit woozy and tired. She started to sweat profusely all over her body, “God I am hot…so hot!” she sighed and started pulling off her sweat top, then the light t-shirt she had wonder that. “So tired…why am I so..” she asked herself just now, noting that the sweat on her body was much closer to a slime now!

The slime might have gained more attention from the teen if she had not been so bone tired and weary. Sammi yawned as she stumbled towards her bed taking off her house sweats and underwear. She kicked off each shoe in turn as she fell onto the bed. The sweat was no longer sweat or even slime now…it was a VERY thick body wide goo that dripped off her body.

“Ahhh sleep,” she sighed out sounding so very tired and she fell asleep curled up in a small ball on her bed, she did not even pull up the sheets because she was still too warm for them.

Outside the Solberg home the full moon shone bright as day and in a clear sky free of light pollution a star gazer would be watching as no less than seven stars aligned perfectly with that bright full moon in the dark sky above.

The next day just barely past noon

Scott stopped at his daughter’s door and laughed to it as he called out, “Time to wake up sleepyhead, we got things to do and places to be at. John’s game day bar-b-que is starting soon!” he said referring to his close neighbor that was having a small get together.

He opened the door when he got or heard no response and we met with a sight that shocked him to the core, “What the heck is happening to my baby!” he shouted to the world.

On Sammi’s bed was his girl, his baby Scott assumed. What should be the form of a small teen girl was now covering most of a queen sized bed! It had to be his daughter. There was no other choice in the matter…this blob on the bed HAD TO BE HER!

The mass on the bed was gooey for the most part and had an inner glow, a pulsating glow that went in waves from head to foot. Scott dared to touch parts of the mass, some were very slimy but that slime did not simply brush away at all and some parts were as hard as stone…those hard parts were growing. The whole mass was slowly growing harder and harder as he watched!

Scott FREAKED OUT, “Who do I call?” she shouted, “The cops…” he shook his head to the idea, “What are they going to do…arrest it!”

He thought again,“Maybe call the fire department?” and what, have them squirt water on it to free his baby?

Call the MCO (Mutant Commission Office) and have them come over and fix this? “And have them take Sammie away as a prized lab rat!” He realized that calling in the ‘experts’ was a bad idea even in California where mutants had many, many more rights than most of the nation combined!

Scott tried to think and keep his growing panic at bay, “Who to call, WHO TO CALL!?” the shouted to the room and the world

He was just about to give in as he pulled out his phone, he took time to go over this ever growing list of contacts Family, friends, Sammie’s friends, their parents, the soccer club, the Karate team. That is when one contact stood out among them all and the long note he had placed beside it.

‘Bill Varney, ex-marine. Drow twins/elves and then Pvt school/east’ as a note to where they or he was from and the stand out note of all ‘ARC’ and he knew that stood for REAL experts in everything mutant and magic “Arkham Research Consortium”

Scott hit dial and the phone rang, someone answered in a few rings. “Scott?” the voice asked.

“Bill…Bill it's Sammi, my Sammi I need help!” Scott panicked out.

“What Scott, tell me or call the cops or the fir…” Bill started, then was cut off by Scott hitting the phone’s video button and flipping to the rear facing camera…”This is what…Sammi is inside that!”

Bill looked closely at the small screen on his phone as Scott thousands of miles away panned over what had become of this teen daughter. “You are the only one I thought I could call and trust!”

“When did all this happen?” Bill asked while gathering mental notes.

“Must have been late last night…I guess?” Scott gave back flipping the camera back to his face.

“So did anything happen that would lead you to even in the slightest belief caused this?” Bill asked.

“You mean, besides two dark elves landing in my kids closet a few months back!” Scott barked!

“Yes Scott I get it, but the twins can’t do this to your daughter…to Sammi. They are not magic users of that kind of power or skill. They only blast stuff, not change things or people or fix things or people!” Bill reasoned back.

“Then who do you know that can help us…me…HER!” Scott cried thinking he might be losing his only kid!

“The twins do know lots of stuff about everything, magic or fae…but this? It might be well beyond what they do know and that is what I am leaning towards, that they will not know this. Then add this has been a bad few weeks for them…” Bill started and Scott jumped on him before he could even finish.

“And like our week looks like it's going to be a good thing right now!”

“Calm down, I have one other person that should know about this and she knows a million times more than the twins will ever learn! I’ll go get her on this, give me half an hour to go talk with her!”

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Shadowsblade here.

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

Copyright © 2022 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Uh oh!

Poor Sammie, and poor Sammie's dad! I hope somebody can think of something to help. Will she be able to function at all in her new shape, let alone have something resembling a normal life? This looks like a great beginning to a story!

Sammie

This sounds like a good start to a good story.
Looking forward to reading more.
Hope you continue.
Huggs,
Glenda

Sammi seems outwardly gross

I really want her to be nice at least in some ways. Is she to be huge? What are her needs/desires?

read the next part to see

shadowsblade's picture

If you read on into the the next part you will see that her changes are only starting and are explained for the most part

Have fun reading

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective