Wannabe: The College Years Chap. 4

Printer-friendly version

Monday Morning, 9:00 A.M. BBC Studios, Eyes Of London set:
“Morning ladies, welcome to Eyes of London. I’m Ruth Holmes and the producer of the show.” Ruth Holmes looks at the Spice Girls' imitators.

“Thank you for inviting us.” Peter was the default leader of the group.

“Here is what I will need for you to do. We will be filming before a live audience. You girls will be waiting in the blue room until it is time for you to come before the cameras. My assistant will come and get you. Once you are out on the set, you can arrange yourself any way you would like. Holly Murdoch and Marvin Hammond will ask you a series of questions. Please keep your answers short and to the point.”

“Are there any subjects or matters we shouldn’t speak about?” Ginger Spice/Peter wanted to make sure not to speak about certain matters.

“As you know, the real Spice Girls are friends with the Royals, so it might not be wise to tarnish their relationship with them.”

“You have nothing to worry about that.” Emma had spoken to the real Baby Spice and she suggested how she and the others should act when they were dressed as them.

“Good, at the end of the interview. I was hoping you would do a song for us.” Ruth thought it might be a good ending.

“I think we can do that. How about we do STOP as a show stopper?” Ginger Spice/Peter liked that song and they had that one memorized.

“That would be perfect.” Ruth knew they had the soundtrack for that one.

“Now, let me go and get everything going.” Ruth spots her assistant and motions for her to come over.

Ruth spots Gail motioning for her. Gail spotted that Ruth was standing with the Spice Girls. She has always loved their music. She had heard that the tribute group was coming in today to be on the show. She walks over to them and Ruth.

When Gail comes over, Ruth looks at the tribute band “ladies, this is my assistant Gail Cordwell. I am going to hand you off to her capable hands.”

“Ladies, if you’ll follow me, please.” Gail escorts the girls to the blue room to wait.

She couldn’t believe how they resembled the real Spice Girls in their younger years. She looks at the one called Baby Spice and noticed she looked like she was a twin of the original. She wonders if she was related to Mrs. Bunton somehow.

The girls noticed there were drinks in the blue room. There were also M&M’s in a crystal bowl as well.

“Well, at least Cynthia had them put some M&Ms for us.” Frankie loved M&Ms.

Emma looks around and notices that the show was about to start on the big monitor. She loved how the set looked and how nicely Holly Murdoch and Marvin Hammond were dressed.

“I wonder who supplies their wardrobe?” Emma liked how the clothes were styled and fitted the host.

A smile appears on Peter’s face as he watches Emma. He knew she was such a fashionista.

“You could always ask Gail when she comes to get us.” Frankie heard Emma’s question.

“True, I could.” Emma picks up flavored water bottle and takes a sip from it.

By the time Emma finishes her drink. Gail comes and escorts them to the stage. Just as they are introduced, they start walking out onto the set. Emma sits between Peter/Ginger Spice and Kevin/Scary Spice.

“Ladies, it is so nice to meet all of you. Allow me to introduce you to our audience” As Holly and Marvin look towards the camera.

“Allow me to introduce the tribute band known as the Spice Girls. These young ladies are from the US and have been endorsed by their idols, the Spice Girls themselves.” Holly cues a recording of an interview that she and Marvin conducted with the real Spice Girls.

All the girls watch as the real Spice Girls give their blessing and comment on each girl. Emma gets extra special praise from Emma Bunton for doing her proud and doing Baby Spice's name proud as well.

Marvin looks at Emma “it sounds like you and Emma Bunton are close. Can you tell me how you and Emma Bunton met?”

“Well, Marvin. She and the other Spice Girls came and visited me while I was in the hospital.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. Why were you in the hospital?” Marvin saw how the live audience wanted to know as well.

“Before I became a performer, I use to be on my school's pep team. During one of my high school’s football games. Some players got to close
to the sideline where I and several other pep squad members were standing. They were about to crashed into us. I managed to push the squad member who was standing next to me out of the way in time before I got hit. While I was recovering in the hospital, I guess my mother contacted Mrs. Bunton and the others and told them how much of a fan I was. Mrs. Bunton was shocked to see someone who looked identical to her. So, they came and visited me. Since that day, I have been in contact with them.”

“And I take it, that you ladies met them as well?” Holly looks at the others.

“Yes, we started as an 80s tribute band dedicated to the girl groups of that era. It was when we realized how popular Girl Power was by the Spice Girls, that we changed things up. We realized that we did so well as Spice Girl impersonators, but the Baby Spice we had, decided to move on. So, when I heard about Emma here, I asked her to join our group and she accepted. She has been the reason we have been so successful as a tribute band to the Spice Girls.” Peter looks at Emma/Baby Spice with a proud look on his face.

“So, you’re the group's secret weapon?” Marvin looks at Emma as well.

Emma blushes from the compliments she was getting. She knew they were on air.

“She’s too embarrassed to answer that question.” Kevin nudges Emma.

She looks at him before answering “I say it’s a combination of everyone in the group that contributes to our success.”

“But it helps that we have a Baby Spice who is the Spice Girls' biggest fan.” Reggie/Sporty Spice spoke up.

Reggie looks at Emma and smiles at her. He knew they wouldn’t be as successful as they are without her. It was a good idea that Peter had invited her to join their group.

The rest of the interview revolved around the other members of the group. Holly and Marvin asked some background questions about each girl and what they use to do before joining the group. Both of the interviewers were impressed that everyone in the group could play instruments as well.

By the end of the interview, the girls get up and perform the song STOP. You could tell, the energy of the song was high. The girls do an outstanding job on the song and get big applause from the audience.

By the time they get home. Everyone is riding high from the interview. Reggie changes clothes and goes for her run. Emma and Peter join Reggie. Kevin and Frankie work out in the small gym they have on the property.

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

More gigs could be heading their way

Samantha Heart's picture

But if they DO get more gigs will Emma be able to keep up with the gigs AND School work? She is already stretched thin as is

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

There comes a time

When you have to decide what is more important. Emma will have to choose between fame and education. Fame is fleeting, so I'd say enjoy the fame while it lasts, and pursue the education afterwards.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

That's Pep Squad

Not prep team.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Great chapter

However I noticed that this is the first chapter I've read where Emma Bunton's name is misspelled throughout the entire chapter. You always write wonderful stories and I'm always left wanting more.

EllieJo Jayne

Great chapter

However I noticed that this is the first chapter I've read where Emma Bunton's name is misspelled throughout the entire chapter. You always write wonderful stories and I'm always left wanting more.

EllieJo Jayne

Gremlins at works

You and Karen J are right. I spotted several other mistakes I made while reading through the story.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison