Pink Bear Romance - Part 13

Printer-friendly version

 

Pink Bear Romance - Part 13
by Melanie Brown
Copyright  © 2023 Melanie Brown

 


 

Frowning, Amy placed her palm on my cheek in a slow-motion bitch slap. “Are you stupid?” she exclaimed. I had just told her about my experience that morning after we arrived at the Pink Bear for the evening shift.

I lifted my shoulder to try to fend her off. “Don’t touch me!”

Scowling at me, Amy snarled. “What would you have done if she’d hauled your little ass into the dean’s office? It says right in the student hand book that instructors are off-limits to students. It also says in the instructor’s guide book that students are off-limits. You could get Mr. Nichols in trouble with your shenanigans. Cool it, girl!”

I waved my arms in surrender. “Okay! Okay. I’ll stop. I can’t help it. There’s just something about him. You have to admit he’s gorgeous.”

Amy folded her arms. “Yes. He’s gorgeous AND taken! Lay off him! I’m mean, sheesh, girl! One moment you’re telling me you have no interest in boys, you plan to follow your dad’s dream, but you chase Mr. Nichols, AFTER you get not one, but two dates with the biggest man on campus! Are you insane??”

I folded my arms on the counter top and then rested my head on my arms. I stared blankly out the front windows of the restaurant. I sighed heavily. “I must be.”

Amy rested on her elbows next to me. “Are you gonna call Don and tell him you have to cancel your dates so you can pursue your daddy’s dream of having two point eight children and a white picket fence?”

I scowled at Amy. “What? Are you nuts?”

Amy joined me in blankly staring out the front windows. “When does Daddy find out?”

I shrugged. “I dunno. Hopefully not for a while.” I looked over at Amy. “So. Should I apply for the assistants job?”

Amy frowned at me. “No.”

I just chuckled.

*          *          *

“Will you hurry it up in there? Joanie wants to lock up.”

I didn’t have time to go back t my dorm and change out of my uniform before Don would come by and pick me up for our movie date. I was in the grimy restroom doing my make-up. I had already changed into a tank top and a black miniskirt.

“Hold on!” I exclaimed. “I’m almost done. Rome wasn’t built in a day, you know.”

“Neither was your face, apparently,” grumbled Amy.

I dropped my lipstick into my purse. “I’m done. You didn’t have to wait, Amy. You could have left twenty minutes ago.”

Amy rolled her eyes. “Yeah right. And if he doesn’t show up, then what would you do?”

“I’d walk,” I said as I double-checked my make-up.

“That’s a long dangerous walk at this hour,” said Amy grimly.

“I appreciate you caring.” I said as I exited the restroom.

As we headed out the door so we could wait outside so Joanie could lock up her business, Amy said, “I don’t want you getting kidnapped or anything. That’s my skirt and I want it back.”

As Joanie stepped out of Pink Bear and locked the door, she looked over at me and said, “Have fun on your date, Scotti. He’s quite the hunk.”

“A hunk and a half,” said Amy with a frown.

A few minutes after Joanie had driven away, another car drove up into the parking lot. Behind the wheel waved Don. I smiled and started walking to his car. I turned to Amy and said, “See ya tomorrow!”

As I slid into the passenger seat, Don grinned and said, “Hey, babe! You look good!”

I smiled at him and cooed, “Hi Don. And thank you!”

As he backed his car out of the parking lot, he said, “Just to give you fair warning in case you want to back out, I found out that the late movie this time is that horror movie from a few years ago called. The Sausalito Brain and Sausage Factory. It’s supposed to be very good, but also pretty gruesome. I know some girls get kinda squeamish at stuff like that.”

I laughed. “I’m usually good with horror movies. I managed to sit through last year’s They Put My Cat’s Brain into a Combat Robot.”

Don chuckled. “That was actually pretty funny.”

The movie was at one of the older theaters where you buy your ticket from a human being in a ticket booth. How gauche, right?

The theater lobby was filled with college students as Don led me by the hand to the snackbar line. We got our drinks and a snack. I got popcorn and Don got nachos with extra extra cheese. I think it had chips in it.

As soon as we sat down, Don had his arm around my shoulders. I didn’t mind. I loved his scent as I snuggled up into him.

Maybe it was my imagination, but many of the girls who were there with their dates looked as if they were a bit jealous when they looked at me being held by Don. Even a few boys looked jealous. I smirked and snuggled closer.

After about ten minutes of logos, the movie opened with a tranquil suburban scene of freshly mowed lawns and trees. And then Bam! A stupid jump scare. It wasn’t even something scary, but I jumped with a squeal like many of the other girls in the theater. I even spilled some of my popcorn. Don laughed. “Horror movies are always more fun when you bring a girl,” he whispered. The scare pissed me off actually.

That wasn’t the last jump scare but at least the others actually had something scary. Don nuzzled my neck a few times. I don’t think my giggling discouraged him any. It didn’t surprise me when it happened. I’d been expecting him to do it. Right after telling me I smelled pretty, his lips were suddenly pressing softly into mine. I closed my eyes and leaned into his kiss. I moaned softly. Don really knows how to kiss.

We both lost interest in the movie as he pulled me closer to him and we kissed. Putting his hand behind my head and holding me close, we were still kissing when the house lights came on. Three members of the clean-up were standing and glaring at us.

A boy said, “Sir? Ma’am? We need to clean up the auditorium.”

Mid-kiss, I waved dismissively. “Okay. But try to keep the noise down.” I started giggling. The boy looked really pissed.

Don pulled his head back from me and grinned. “You get the giggles when you’re up late. That’s good to know.” He stood up and tugged on my hand. “Come on babe. I think they want us to leave.”

I pouted. “So soon? The party just started!” I started giggling uncontrollably. I was in a mood and I really don’t know why. I’ve been up late before. But I’ve never been up late kissing Mr. Gorgeous though.

As I was led to Don’s car, holding my hand, he asked, “Did you like the movie?”

I nodded. “It was better than I was expecting. And it had some really scary parts!”

Don chuckled. “You did scream several times. I enjoyed it. Some parts were just gross like the pot of boiling brains.”

“Yeah, that was gross.” I agreed.

Don kissed me and then helped me get into his car. The drive to my dorm building was mostly in silence. He held my hand the whole way.

After he drove into a parking spot, he looked over at me and said, “Let me walk you to your room.”

I smiled at him. “Sure, Donnie.” He took my hand and held it all the way up the elevator. When the elevator opened on my floor, I was surprised to see Larry in the common area, several books spread on the table in front of him.

As we walked up to Larry, Don said, “Hey, Lar. Burning the midnight oil?”

Larry didn’t even glance up. “Oh, hey, Armstrong. Late date? Oh… hey Scotti. You’re dating Armstrong here?”

I frowned at Larry. “Is that okay?”

Larry laughed. “Of course! I need to get back to this. See you guys.” Don slid his hand down to my ass.

We stopped at my door. I put my arms around his neck. “Thanks for the movie, Donnie. I really had a good time tonight.” He bent his head down and kissed me.

Don slid his fingers down my cheek. He smiled at me. “Me too, babe. You’re really beautiful and a lot of fun. I guess I’ll see on Saturday. I’ll look for you at the game.” He then pressed his lips against mine. I just melted. He gave my butt a pat and then he left.

I leaned against my door with my eyes closed for a few moments and just smiled.

From the common room, Larry said, “That looked pretty serious, Scotti. Is it?”

I opened my door and looked down the hall way to Larry. I grinned and said, “Maybe.” I giggled as I went into my room.

*          *          *

To be continued…

up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ugg

Just when it gets to the good part!

Giggles!

SuziAuchentiber's picture

Scotti is smitten ! I think she is going to want to stay female full time - especially if she can reel in the big fish Don. A hunky guy who's a jock AND a great kisser? Go get him girl, or I'll come and have him!!!
Hugs and Kudos!

Suzi

Suspicion

I think Larry knows, doesn't care, and is keeping an eye on our girl for safety.

He's a spy!

Daddy hired him to spy on Scotti.

Great chapter

Another great chapter
Loved Scotti's response to the cleaning crew
Glad the date well hopefully Saturday's will good as well

I think

Angharad's picture

That this is the calm before the storm when his hands wander in places Scotti doesn't want explored.

Angharad

I think maybe Larry…….

D. Eden's picture

Is watching out for Scotti. He really seems like a good guy in a dorky kind of way.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus