Best Student

Printer-friendly version

Best Student
By Teek
July 2022
335 words long

“I lost.”

“Yeah, so.”

“But I lost.”

“Did you have fun?”

“Yeah, that was a blast.”

“So,” Julie smiled at her friend. “It doesn’t matter if you won or lost, just as long as you had fun.”

“Yes Mom,” Mary rolled her eyes.

The two girls broke out into giggles.

“I guess I do sound like your mom. Mrs. Johnson says it more though.”

“Yeah, but she’s a teacher. They have to say stuff like that. I wonder what she really thinks.”

Julie got a huge smile on her face, “Well, Mrs. Johnson would want her best and most favorite student to win all the events. But, since I wasn’t competing, she would be happy if any of the other kids in the class won.”

Mary struggled to stop laughing, “Best and most favorite? Really? You knocked over her display yesterday, spilled her coffee on Monday, and erased the class schedule off the board by accident last week. You’re the best alright. The best at messing things up for her.”

“See, I’m the best and her most favorite messer upper. Want something to go wrong, I am there. Need a mess, I can accomplish that without thinking. Need your coffee to survive the morning, don’t worry I will make sure you don’t get it. Call on me and nothing will go the way you plan. Who wants routine, order, and consistency?”

“Leslie.”

“Oh, he doesn’t count,” Julie flapped her hand downward. “He has his own personal schedule and routines that his SpEd teacher creates for him. I bring spontaneity to any situation. Life would be so boring without people like me.”

Mary slowly shook her head while smiling at her friend, “Those aren’t the traits I would have focused on as your strengths, but you certainly do bring smiles to my face. Come on. Their about to start the egg carry event. Mike and Tanya have been practicing for weeks. We will definitely beat the 4th graders on that event.”

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mrs. Johnson

joannebarbarella's picture

Would not be amused.