Digital Times Early Morning News Issue 6

Printer-friendly version
(00 00 01 10) 10 Dec, 2008
Digital Times Early Morning News


     Hot off the internet: Our Star reporter Rachel Keller, tells us that Aquatica has joined Atlantis and now neither underwater city is open to new residents.  Spokespersons for both cities when contacted via the net would only comment that they were already overcrowded and didn’t need any more problems.   Several private submarines were warned off by Aquatica Security forces this morning as they tried to force dock with the city.  ASF is now broadcasting an all channel warning to unauthorized craft that they will shoot to kill if the craft comes within their 1km closed security zone.
With World population density already at 10 billion and growing daily, the question is where we are going to house all these citizens. 
Guess we’ll need to keep working on that in the future.  G’day Mates.

up
35 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Lost Worlds

terrynaut's picture

Maybe I'm just lost but I've never heard of Aquatica. Then again, I've never heard of a lot of places. Oh well. It's fiction anyway so I'm safe ... mostly.

I'm glad I previewed this earlier. I wouldn't want to have an accident and spit toothpaste all over my keyboard from laughter.

Oh. Yes, my mouth is full of toothpaste because my dentist recommended that I marinate my molars before spitting out the delightful goop. *sigh*

Too much information you say? Well, I'm just in that mood. It is a news post after all. ;)

Thanks and please keep up the intriguing snippets of your imaginary world.

- Terry

ps No progress on the web hosting front because I've had a busy day. Sorry! :(

The Question?

Rachel, I thought your plan was to digitize the people and store them in server farms.

Who's going to buy the servers and pay for the electricity? OZ government? One of your new corporations? Can the techs maintaining the servers be digital or do they have to be bio-people? How about robots?

Why does this sound like "The Matrix"? Are Keanu Reeves and/or Larry Fishburne consulting? Maybe you should use Agent Smith, since you want to put this thing together, not tear it down!

Keep up the good work.

Hugs and Cheers,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee