Freya's Heir Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Disclaimer: I am not a Canon author.

Chapter 9

After an hour of modeling underwear picked by Brita and watching the other two model her choices Fred called a halt, "Okay, let's just stop and buy it before I get too hot or too embarrassed."

"I agree," Sally said quickly.

Brita smirked, "Oh, alright."

As they were leaving Soma Fred had an idea, "We should check for stores that sell fire resistant clothing."

Sally added, "Unless you enjoy burning off your clothes Brita?"

"Is there any place that sells such things?" Brita said.

"Up near the school we are going to there is," Sally said. "I've heard it's expensive but top quality and they can fit any need."

"Sounds like a place we should visit at least once," Fred said. "What's the name of it?"

"Rogers Fabric boutique," Sally said.

"Let's put this plunder in the car and then I will see if I can get us an appointment there," Fred said.

After five minutes of internet searching Fred found the number and called it. Sally and Brita listened but only heard her side of the conversation, "Hello? Have I reached Rogers Fabric Boutique in Dunwich? Oh, good. I and two of my friends are starting Whateley in the fall and we could use some special care. Well, one of us requires fireproof fabrics and we all need uniforms. Yes, I understand that there is no such thing as completely fireproof, only fire resistant. Do you have anything that can resist temperatures in the four to five hundred degree range? Excellent! And would you have fabrics that have an armor rating while still moving like normal cloth? You have fabrics that can do both, excellent! Yes, I can afford that. If we can make an appointment for fittings I will provide my card number so you can verify my credit before we even get on a plane. We live in Florida, we'll need winter gear. Oh, well let's plan on five uniforms each for three people, with underwear, shoes, boots, gloves and some sort of warm headgear. Here's that card number. Next Monday is fine. We'll see you then."

Sally was just gaping and even Brita seemed shocked by the time Fred hung up.

"Uh, Fred?" Brita said. "That might exceed your budget."

"Dad said to get what we need and not boggle at the price until it hits seven figures," Fred answered. Looking at their faces he smiled, "We may not be Gates or Goodkinds but we are still worth billions. Let's get this stuff home then we'll get with security to plan our trip north. You might not mind flashing the world every time you use your powers …"

"Hey, not every time," Brita said. "And yes, I would like clothes I can't destroy but, well, I guess I'm still getting used to being a rich man's, woman's, girl's lover."

"Hey, don't go soft on me now," Fred said. "I was counting on you to help me convince Sally to accept tailored uniforms and armored corsets."

"Armored what?" Sally said.

"Just kidding," Fred said. "I'm sure the uniforms have jackets so we can armor them instead. Actually she said she has fabrics that move like normal cloth or even lycra and are as bullet resistant as kevlar."

Sally sighed, "Yes, they have stuff that looks like spandex but is actually better than kevlar as it resists knives as well as bullets. It was just too expensive for me to buy. And it's usually geared toward showing off the body it's covering. Can we at least keep it practical?"

"Sure," Fred said. "We want full protection and we don't want anyone to think we're, you know, trashy."

"You might be surprised," Brita said. "But I agree. Teasing you, either or both of you, is one thing but I don't want anyone else to think they have a chance with any of us."

Sally smiled, "Good! We want to fit in and not look suspiciously out of place but we don't want to look like skanks either."

"Right," Fred said. "We'll probably be freezing most of the time anyway so we'll stay too bundled up to be sexy."

Brita snorted, "Well we can try at least." When Fredd looked at her she said, "We're all hot AF and we're not available. They'll be attracted even if we wear hooded parkas everywhere."

"True enough Brita," Sally said. "But most will take no for an answer. Watch us the first few times and we'll show you how. We are strong enough to make our no stick if they get pushy. We'll help each other with that too and Poe residents stick together so they will also help."

Fred nodded, "Thanks, I will get used to it in time."

"Not that I want to spend more of your money Fred," Brita said. "But we should get some normal outerwear for cold weather before we go north. Both for the trip there and because we don't want or need everything to be from Rogers."

"Okay then, sweaters and hoodies and parkas oh my!" Fred said and led them back into the mall.

Fred was deciding between blue sweaters when both Sally and Brita got a text. "What's the trouble?" he asked.

"People are picketing the estate," Sally said in a low voice. "We're to come in the back way."

"Understood," Fred said. There was a concealed entrance at the rear of the estate used only if the front was somehow blocked. "We should go now."

They paid and stored their purchases in the trunk and Fred asked the driver, "You got the same text?"

"Yes, sir," the driver stated. "I know the way."

The limo drove up the access road behind the estate and part of the stone wall sank down on hydraulics revealing the back entrance. Once inside, Fred followed Sally and Brita to the security center.

On the main monitor screen they could see people outside waving signs as they marched in a circle. The signs said things like "no muties" and "gene trash".

"Don't worry, miss," the estate's security head told Fred. "We have upgraded security since New Year's. Even if some of those sign waving chanters are armed they won't get in. We have pictures of all of them and are researching who they are and compiling dossiers on them. We don't want to be seen as opposing free speech but if they start blocking the road or get too loud or obnoxious we'll be able to have the police clear them out for other reasons than to shut them up. If any of them are wanted for anything we'll pass that along too."

Another guard who came in after them said, "Your father is talking to the sheriff already so they will probably be cleared out soon. Sorry to interrupt your day out with this nonsense. There are idiots and bigots everywhere and sometimes they gather to hear themselves talk. It makes them feel less stupid."

The head of security said, "I advise you to stay put the rest of the day and keep your two personal guards close. If you want or need to go out tomorrow we have armored vehicles and you can take a few extra security guards." He shrugged, "I realize none of you are easy targets now but a few large men in uniform will keep the stupider ones from finding that out."

Fred sighed, "Yeah, I guess that's a good idea. Oh, and I need some of your time when you aren't dealing with these to plan a trip to New Hampshire to get school uniforms and supersuits of special armored cloth. The appointment is next Monday so it can wait but I wanted to tell you before all this causes it to slip my mind."

The man nodded, "Very good. When I have free time I will contact your personal guards."

"Very good," Fred said. "I will let you get back to these … people and stop taking up your valuable time." Fred left the security building and headed to the garage, "Let's go grab our stuff. We can at least get everything put away while the rest deal with the protesters."

Brita pointed to where the butler was supervising two maids and two cook's helpers in carrying several bags, "I think it's already being done."

"Let's go rescue them," Fred said.

"Them, or the clothes?" Brita asked.

"Both?" Fred said.

They took the bags from the two boys but the two maids were interested in seeing what they got so Fred asked, "Can these ladies be spared for a fashion show? I would like their opinions."

"Of course," the butler said. He waved the boys ahead of him and headed back towards the kitchen.

The five of them went up to his room and Fred said, "Half of this is lingerie so if you are the sort who don't like changing in locker rooms full of other girls you can leave now."

"As long as you don't ask us to strip too I'm sure we'll be fine," one said. "I'm Lupe and this is Janet."

"Thank you," Fred said. "I was trying to remember." She started shucking clothes and noticed Brita was already in her underwear and holding up several bras.

Fred pointed to the red satin one, "That one was my choice. What do you ladies think?"

Both maids giggled and Janet said, "I guess Brita is your girlfriend then? That's not the sort of thing you get a bodyguard."

"I'm his girlfriend but I will help defend him if anyone gets this far again," Brita said. She tried his choice on, "What does everyone think?"

"It looks like it fits well," Sally said.

"It looks very sexy," Lupe said. "Does it have a matching bottom?"

"Yes, let me find it and I'll show you," Brita went searching for the matching panty.

Fred took off the sports bra she was wearing, "I'll return this after it's washed. Thanks for loaning it to me."

"You're welcome," Sally said. "Thanks for buying me more."

Brita said, "I still think you should have gotten her black lace, despite her protests. I guess the French cut white silk panties and bra sets were pretty sexy too." She grinned, "If she gets white and I get red does that make me the bad girl?"

"Yes!" Sally said. The maids giggled at that and Brita stuck her tongue out.

Fred put on a black lace strapless bra, "This one Brita picked for me. You don't think it's too much do you?"

"No," the maids said together. Lupe added, "It's perfect for wearing under a strapless gown or a dress where the shoulder straps are spaghetti thin."

Brita tossed Fred something then held up a red thong, "This is the matching bottom to this bra." She quickly changed into it, "What do you think Fred? Worth the money you paid?"

"Definitely!" Fred said. She put on the French cut black lace knickers she had been tossed, "How do I look?"

She heard several compliments, "Excellent!" "Sexy!" "Muy linda."

The fashion show went on for almost two hours and they even coaxed Sally into showing a few of her purchases. It was a good day even with the idiot protesters.

up
204 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments