The Guilty Are Always Caught Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Abandon Police Station:
When Joe and Katlain arrived back at the old police station. She showed Joe what she recovered from Richie’s computer system. They had access to every listing of White Supremacy groups in the United States. Including groups, they hadn’t even heard of.

Katlain looks at Joe “You don’t think these are homegrown terrorist groups, do you?”

“Let me check them out.” Joe takes a snapshot of the list and sends it to a friend of his in the FBI.

Katlain goes back to looking at the other information. She wanted to know where Shawn Grubbs was among the group. She scans the emails
Richie downloaded and recorded on his system. The files were encrypted, but thanks to the software she got from Rat a few years ago. She uses it to decrypt the emails.

“Bingo! I found the bastard. He’s at the training camp along with twenty other recruits they recruited.” Katlain looks at Joe.

“Good, that means we can serve the warrant we have for him.” Joe knew there was a warrant for Shawn’s arrest for the attempted murder of his fellow student at his high school.

“It’s going to be difficult to arrest him. Remember, they have that place booby trap and rigged.” Katlain leans back in her seat.

“I think this is going to require one of your special infiltration plans.” Joe knew Katlain was good at getting into places other people couldn't.

“I think I can put something together.” Katlain goes back to going through some more emails.

A smile appears on Joe’s face as he starts making some coffee. He knew they were going to work late. The hidden mics Katlain planted in Richie’s office were recording everything that was said in his office.

While Katlain was going through some emails. She finds a few sent to Richie from some people who sound like they were government agents or something.

“Hey, Joe take a look at this.” Katlain moved aside so Joe could read the emails.

Joe moves over in front of the laptop and starts browsing through the emails Katlain was concerned about. He was noticing the same thing she had. These emails were from well-connected military people or someone in Congress.

Joe looks at Katlain “Richie is getting help from someone in the local, state, and federal government.”

“Yep, and this means it goes deeper than we thought.” Katlain starts pacing back and forth.

“The question who are these emails from? You know as well as I do, it's easy to create a false email address.” Joe looks at Katlain when he says that.

“True. We could back trace the IP address to see where the email came from.” Katlain knew they could do that.

“True. Are you still on good terms with your hacker buddy?” Joe knew Katlain had associates all over the place.

“Yeah, He loves a challenge.” Katlain sends Rat a message.

A few minutes later, she gets a reply. She reads it and then looks towards Joe “he said he’ll do it for me.”

“Good.” Joe moves out of the way and lets Katlain sit back down.

Katlain started typing away and attaching the emails she needed backtracking. Once she was done, she sent the email off. Afterward, she does some more digging into the information they stole.

By the late afternoon, Joe and Katlain have gone over as much as possible. They got some aerial photos from Google Maps about the camp where the recruits were taken. They also located where the barracks were and got a look at the perimeter.

“I think a helicopter is going to be our best bet. We’re going to need a third person to pull this job off.” Katlain was trying to think of someone she could call. If nothing else she could call her cousins to send someone to help them.

“I think I know someone who can help us. I can fly the helicopter without any problems.” Joe trained to be a helicopter pilot while in the army.

“If we can get the second person, I’ll need them to cover me while on the ground. I can get close and knock Shawn out.” Katlain knew she could do it.

“You do know they will be firing at us, don’t you?” Joe looks at Katlain when he says that.

“Don’t worry, I’m going to make it hard for them to see you.” Katlain could get her hands on some smoke grenades and flash bangs.

“So, where are we going to get the helicopter?” Joe looks at Katlain questionable look on his face.

“The State Police. We can use our special clearance for it. If not, I can always rent a helicopter.” Katlain had resources she hadn’t touched yet.

“Let’s hope they aren’t that smart.”

“We’re talking about a group of rednecks that like pretending they are experienced soldiers.” A playful look appears on Katlain’s face.

“Don’t forget, those rednecks have military-style weapons and weapons developed by DARPA as well.” Joe figures he needs to remind Katlain of that.

“True. I just hope Rat can figure out who their contact is that is selling those types of weapons.” Katlain needs to reach out to some of her contacts in the underworld and find out for herself.

The rest of the evening, Joe and Katlain go over a plan to infiltrate the place. Also, emergency plans as well, should things go south as well.

up
59 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's going to be difficult

Samantha Heart's picture

But I bet Katlyn can get it done without much of a problem. The DARPA weapons will be an issue though.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.