The Mischief Continues Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles, California:
Fey and Dave decided to tour Universal Studios before heading home. They were still feeling under the weather from what was done to them. Fey had noticed that when she was getting dressed. She noticed the areola on her breasts was a dark color and a little bigger. She also noticed her nipples were a little bigger.

Fey knew what her breasts were supposed to look like and normally she didn’t pay much attention to them. However, they have been acting differently than what she was used to. They were heavier and rounder. Not to mention how her nipples and areolas were.

As Fey and Dave are enjoying the tour of the studio, they spot a lightly tanned young woman with shoulder-length red hair, wearing ancient-looking gladiatorial armor. Both of them noticed that there was a presence behind her. They see her spin quickly around while drawing the sword hanging on her waist.

A creature had appeared behind her from the shadows. The sword sliced right through the creature, cutting it in two. It disappears as fast as it had appeared.

They just stared at the woman in surprise and noticed none of the other people around them had noticed what just happened. They continue to watch as the woman sheaths her sword and looks in their direction. The young woman waves at them as she disappears.

“Did we just see what we saw?” Fey looks to Dave for an answer.

“You mean a woman with red hair, wearing gladiatorial armor using a sword to slice through some sort of creature that appeared out of the shadow? Yeah.” Dave couldn’t believe what he saw.

Fey looks around at the other tourists riding with her and Dave. They showed no sign of showing that they had seen anything. Their tour guide hadn’t even stopped to comment on what went on. She was too busy talking about the history of the section they were passing through.

“Something weird is going on here.”

“I agree, with you. Something strange is going on here.” Dave had a confused look on his face.

As the tour continued, they would spot the same woman again and again. It was like she was watching over them. By the time the tour ends, they are approached by the same woman they have been seeing all day.

However, this time she wasn’t wearing the armor they first saw her in. She was wearing a sleeveless blouse and a skirt that stopped about mid-thigh. Her shoulder-length red hair was gathered into a ponytail being held by a silver brooch.

Fey and Dave watch as the red-haired teenage woman approaches them. She stops a few feet from them and holds out her hand to them “Hi, I’m Nike. I’ve been sent to protect and watch over you two.”

Dave noticed that when Nike held out her hand, a golden bracer covered her forearm. However, when he saw her, she wasn’t wearing one. He tentatively shakes her hand and notices her hand is very soft. Nike’s hand also felt a little warm as well.

“Why can I see your arm bracer now, but I couldn’t before?” Dave looks directly into Nike’s aqua-blue eyes.

“Because your vision has been enhanced. The magical energies inside of you are slowly awakening.” Nike knew her bracers could only be able to be seen by people with magical abilities.

Dave lets go of Nike’s hand. He had felt a tingling sensation when he touched her hand. If he had to compare it, it was like grabbing a wire with electricity going through it.

Fey had been watching and listening to Nike and Dave. She was surprised as well, when the bracers on Nike’s forehand had appeared when Dave touched Nike’s hand. The bracer seemed to have some sort of design engraved on them.

“Why are you here?” Fey was curious and had several more questions for this Nike person.

“It’s my job to watch over you two until you learn how to protect yourselves.” Nike was assigned to protect Fey and Dave from the creatures that would seek them out.

“What do you mean until we're able to protect ourselves? What is the hell going on?” Fey hated to be kept in the dark.

“Look, I know you guys have a lot of questions to ask me, but this isn’t the time or the place to ask them.” Nike was looking at the people walking around them and looking towards them.

“You're right. Let’s go and get something to eat.” Dave had to agree with Nike. He noticed they were drawing a crowd.

“Fine, where to?” Fey looks towards Nike for an answer.

“I know the perfect place. They serve the best Greek food around.” A smile appears on Nike’s face.

Dave escorts Fey and Nike back to their rental. After they get into the car, he follows Nike’s directions to the restaurant. They are escorted to a nice table by a young woman a little older than Fey.

Once they place their order, Dave looks at Nike “All right, spill the beans.”

“What do you want to know?” Nike looked at Dave and could see he had been touched by a powerful being.

“What was that thing we saw you slice in half with your sword?” Fey was curious about that.

“That was called a Nightwalker. They come from a dimension parallel to this one. They feed on mystical creatures and places. It felt your
presence and was looking for you two.”

“Why was it looking for us?” Dave was curious.

“Are you kidding me? You two are like beacons right now. A blind man can feel the magical energies coming off you two. Whomever you encountered or touched you. They have left their mark on you by supercharging your magical energies. The first thing I need to do is teach you how to hide your magical energies so you don’t draw attention to yourself.”

“What happens if we draw unwanted attention?” Fey was curious about that.

“Well, it depends on who you draw attention from. If it’s a Nightwalker, you’ll be sucked dry of your magical energies and turn into a raisin. If you draw the attention of an energy vampire. They will keep you alive and use you as their personal battery. Leaving you just enough energy to live, but unable to do anything else. If a demon gets ahold of you, you’ll become its plaything. That’s if it doesn’t try to possess your body and or influence you to do its bidding.” Nike has seen some nasty things since she was given a second chance at life.

“Why us? Why not someone else?” Dave wanted to know the answer to that question.

Nike shrugs her shoulders. She didn’t know the answer to that question.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Dave wanted an answer.

“It means I have no idea. I do what I’m told to do. Look, I know all of this sounds like a faerie tail, but it's very real and very dangerous. Until you two can protect yourselves, it's my job to keep you alive and teach you how to use your magical abilities.” Nike wishes she knew why these two people. Unfortunately, she wasn’t privileged to that bit of information.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos