A Tale of Release - 4

Printer-friendly version
A Tale of Release
By Kerry Brown

A whole week of being Kerry at home, the woman of the household, getting ready for the seminar and coming to grips with little changes that have big impacts if not controlled. But Kerry had a problem with control, she always wanted it her way so just chose to hear different instructions.

As we are liberated
from our own fear,
our presence automatically
liberates others.

--Nelson Mandela
{1994 Inaugural Speech}

With the office being remodelled Paul had been given the start of the week to work from home and with the power of remote connection it could have been anywhere in the world. Janet left for work early and reminded Paul about the “Rules of engagement” and let him know exactly when she would be home from work. The office had become too small for the company as it grew rapidly and the refit that was done less than a year ago was now ready to be modified and replaced with more offices as they took over the next door tenant’s space. It came just at the right time, the end of onsite implementation work while reports could be created off site, a real chance for Kerry time.

When Janet left for work Paul went into the shower and made sure that the hair was still gone as he had no idea how quickly it would grow back. A good shave and then time to choose the right underwear, the choice was huge and instead of racing into it Kerry decided to look at everything laid out on the bed again and choose it to match the clothes she had planned for the daytime. When everything was laid out there wasn’t too much space left on the bed, not bad for a weekend shopping that was not planned. Of all of the gear her favourite was the corset but putting that on would take more than one to get it right so it would have to wait for another shopping trip or the weekend seminar. She chose the matching set in white with garter belt and skin coloured stockings with a slight shine. This would go with the short black skirt and white long sleeved blouse and a matching white camisole; the black shoes would complete the outfit. She pulled up her control briefs and tucked everything away neatly, bra and inserts next then the garter belt and stockings; the feeling had not diminished and again brought the same feelings of excitement. There was that tug on the garter belt as she stood up before pulling up the pair of white hi cut pants over the garter straps and then slipped her feet gently into her black shoes. Again the body posture changed and she felt suddenly more feminine as she stood in the bedroom. She knew that the control brief would upset toilet visits but by blanking it from her mind the femme image was still alive.

But now it was time to practice her makeup skills so into the bathroom and open her makeup bag, she checked her eye browse and decided to trim just a little bit more. Each day she trimmed just a little at a time, it was always from underneath and never from on top so that the arch appeared to move higher rather than lower. Her thinking was that it would not be a sudden change for Janet and hence easier to get through. Beard cover, foundation, powder and then the eyes, this was the hardest thing to get right and Kerry loved the really bold dark outline and mascara look but it was too out there for Janet, but she was at work today. The lipstick and gloss was next to match her nail polish which had survived better than she thought it would having never had to look after her nails so much before. Kerry practiced making the outline wider than her actual lips and filing them in for effect, the first time was bad, real bad. The second attempt was closer to the natural line of her lips, three coats and gloss made a much better image. The hair went on and after several minutes of teasing and spraying it looked very nice. Returning to the bedroom wardrobe she reached for the camisole and blouse before stepping into the black skirt, it was actually much shorter than she had expected and with her new hairless legs it looked very sexy. The feel of a good skirt and shoes and Kerry was ready for work, Oh the joy if this was a daily occurrence.

Kerry thought about work and opted for a few household tasks, tidy the kitchen and put away the breakfast things. A load of washing and then make a cuppa before turning on the computer and reading the daily emails. This felt so good sitting there earning money and enjoying herself. The time it took to get ready was less than the time taken to drive through the city traffic to the office, an easy decision she thought. Around 11 o’clock she stopped and headed back into the kitchen to make another drink and change the washing. Kerry thought about tea and started looking through the cupboards to find if there was anything like a special meal she could cook. She thought about going to the shopping centre for the food but that would mean two problems, one being out by herself and secondly having to do all of the talking, an area she had not mastered yet. Not today she thought and went back to work after putting on the second load of washing.

By lunch time she had done a couple of reports and had sent them to the clients for testing with real data. When Kerry got hungry it was an ideal time to stop and enjoy her time, she made a salad and sat in the lounge reading a magazine, not the normal computer ones but Marie Claire. The articles of most interest contained hints on dressing to hide faults, somehow it didn’t cover the faults that Kerry had. The stories made easy reading and relaxing was as simple as picking up a magazine that had no relationship to work or technology and more to do with the girl within. Forcing herself back to work Kerry went back to the front office and continued the jobs at hand but at all times making sure she followed the pointers she had learnt about sitting with legs closed or standing up with knees together.

The afternoon went quickly as the reports started to flow and got installed on the client site. Then the email from the boss, the builders had found asbestos in the walls and ceiling and called an immediate halt to remodelling the office. It was expected to take another four days to complete the work due to the hazardous nature of the asbestos and the consultants would be out for another two business days and return on Monday morning. He did ask if everyone was okay with this and thanked them for our patience. Kerry never read anymore than the first line before starting to plan the remainder of the week, this would help considerably.

Around three in the afternoon Liz rang and asked if she could come around to chat, so Kerry put on the kettle and checked the kitchen. Liz had been asked to cater for the seminar and had volunteered her daughters to help with waiting on the people. The thought of them seeing Kerry had spooked her and needed to talk it through with Kerry before it happened. Liz arrived just before three, Kerry opened the door to let her in but Liz had not been told that Kerry would be present, she expected Paul to be working from home instead. The door closed as Kerry had to almost pull her into the room, her mouth open and eyes like saucers, “Wow, you look so different today, does Janet know about today?” she asked. Kerry explained the rules and how Janet was due home at 6pm so Kerry still had a couple of hours grace. “Cuppa?’ Kerry asked as she turned and walked into the kitchen, Liz just followed behind watching her long legs and tail swish around. Kerry talked about her activity on Sunday as she sat on a lounge chair with her legs crossed at the knees and folded back towards her body. Liz watched and tried to listen but the changes just seemed to keep coning, Kerry stood perfectly to return carrying a tray of drinks, sugar and small biscuits.

As they chatted and drank tea the solution was simple, bring the girls around on Thursday afternoon and allow them to meet Kerry, they could ask questions and also let her know if she had any problems passing. It seems that young girls can always spot a t-girl easier than anyone else and their insight would be helpful. Liz was going food shopping and asked Kerry if she wanted to come along, it would only take thirty minutes or so and they could be back well before Janet returned. Telling Liz to wait she vanished for a few minutes, checked her makeup and grabbed her new purse and keys.

Walking into the mall Liz noticed that Kerry was holding back slightly possibly due to the presence of so many kids in the place. They bought the food first then walked down the mall before going into the “Cosmetics Factory” a place that had more makeup than Paul had seen in one place before, a place he had always wanted to enter but had never gone in. Liz grabbed her arm and stepped inside and they spent a few minutes just walking around looking at the range of products before Liz picked up a set of stick on nails. Seventy two nails of different sizes, she showed them to Kerry who understood exactly what they would do for her. Kerry suggested that it would require another nail polish or two and turned for the display area. Liz followed and helped choose a couple of colours that would compliment Kerry’s new clothes and hair. Kerry also wanted matching high gloss or wet look lipsticks to match as well so by the end of a few minutes they had spent nearly $50, time to go home.

Kerry started to prepare the dinner as Liz sat talking about the weekend and how she enjoyed seeing Paul so happy, it had been a long time since they had all been happy and felt peaceful about their situations. The time passed very quickly and Liz had forgotten about her own family until she suddenly remembered and ran for the door saying that she would bring the kids back on Thursday after school. She prepared the evening meal and tidied up the house ready for Janet’s return remembering that she had to change before she returned. Leaving it to the last moment Kerry had only just put the shoes away and hung up the skirt when Janet pulled into the drive way, the underwear would have to wait for bedtime.

Janet came into the kitchen and saw the dinner laid out and the house tidy and the glass of wine ready for her. She sat down and took off her shoes; they spent the next half hour talking about her day and what had happened at work. Janet wanted to know how Paul had enjoyed working at home and what else he had done, so he told her about the reports he finished and the shopping trip including the makeup they bought. He didn’t talk about the housework or preparing dinner, or the joy of hearing the heels click on the tiles as he walked around the house. Janet noticed all of the things that had been done and just smiled at the results.

After dinner when it was dark they went for a walk with the dog and spent a lot of the walk just talking about the weekend and the things that had happened, their focus was on deciding if they could move on and leave the pain behind them after the horror year. The evening was just like normal except Kerry wanted help with the stick on nails so Janet helped her to select the right sizes, shape them and cover each of them with three coats to make sure they looked good. All along Kerry watched and learnt and of course they had to be stuck on afterwards. The change to Kerry’s hands was remarkable the nails took the emphasis off the size of the hands and looked really good for “fake nails”. Janet said that they could fall off at any time so they made spares in each size and painted them as well before putting them into a small container that came with the nails and putting them away. Kerry would wear them through the night to see what happened.

The next few days were basically the same pattern; Janet would leave for work, Kerry would then arrive, work billable hours for the client, clean house and do housework, prepare dinner, change before Janet returns. By the time Janet arrived home on Wednesday the entire house was spotless and dinner was almost on the table, she could get used to this quite easily. Not only was the house clean and tidy but even her lunch for the next day had been made and set aside in the fridge ready to take to work on Thursday. Over dinner Janet started to say how much she appreciated the things that Kerry had done each day and also the changes in Paul. Over the five days since Kerry was released, Paul had become more considerate and a lot less grumpy, could this be the problem over the time of their marriage? The concept was not novel to Paul, as many wives and partners had commented on similar changes on the websites he visited but it was good to hear it from Janet. Thursday was late night shopping and Kerry felt that some things still remained to be improved upon. Janet knew that Liz was bringing her daughters around to critique Kerry and that would be good as preparation for the seminar.

Thursday started like the rest; shower, breakfast, Janet leave, but this time Paul decided to stay around and leave Kerry until the afternoon. This day the housework didn’t get done as quickly as Paul started working for the clients until around 2pm, then he went to shave and prepare for Kerry to be inspected. Kerry had planned on wearing the outfit for the seminar, black skirt, burgundy sweater and burgundy shoes to match. The jewellery and daytime makeup would compliment a conservative image and one that could easily be toned up by makeup later on. Laying out the clothes on the bed she chose the white silk underwear and stockings to add that touch of femininity to help her through the seminar.

When Liz knocked on the door at 3:30 Kerry invited her guests into the family room, the girls just walked in checking out everything they saw. Liz introduced Kerry to each of the girls in turn as they found seats around a table. “Well let me have it, don’t hold back I need to know the truth” Kerry said, hoping that it wouldn’t be too painful. The girls didn’t know where to start, shocked was a good word to use, but it was more awe than awful they agreed. Kerry stood up and turned around slowly so they could see the entire package, being careful to stand and sit in the right manner. The eldest started, “You look fantastic Paul, sorry Kerry, I am having real trouble seeing the face we know”, this was a good start thought Kerry. “Two little things, the stockings are for clubbing not everyday wear, unless you have changed your PRO fession” she giggled as her mum tapped her. “The second thing is the size of your chest, I mean your breasts, for a girl your size they need to be bigger and the waist smaller”. This was the main reason Kerry had wanted the girls to come around; they would be honest and say what they thought.

Kerry stood up and headed for the bedroom saying she would only be a few seconds, and then turning to Liz asked her to help. Kerry unclipped the stocking and removed her belt before Liz could come in; she took off the sweater and bra so by the time Liz stood there Kerry was half naked and heading for the clothes drawer. Taking out sheer pantyhose and the corset she asked Liz to help tighten it up as it took two to get right. Liz had never seen one of these let alone done one up for anyone, but a few quick comments and she understood how it worked, even if it looked very painful to wear. After a couple of attempts at getting it right the corset achieved the desired effect on Kerry’s waistline and after Kerry had inserted the bra inserts, her bust line came into shape. Liz left the room as Kerry put on the pantyhose and sweater, adjusted her clothes and stepped back into the family room, “much better” said the girls together.

They sat and talked about the seminar and wanted to know if Kerry would be scared of being caught out and laughed at. The chat went back and forwards about confidence, looking the part and also about feeling the part. Kerry really did feel the part was right for her and the only risk was her voice, which was getting better every day. Sue, the eldest had been looking at Kerry’s nails and asked Liz if she could get some for the school holidays that started Friday lunch time. Kerry stood up and went into the bedroom and came back with her nail kit and sat in front of Sue and asked for her hands. Over the next 30 minutes Kerry cleaned her nails, buffed them and then made a set of stick on nails for Sue, a couple of coats of nail polish and the job was done. Liz said that if she put them on they would have to stay home from school for the Friday, tough choice. They looked great on and Sue hugged Kerry for them before showing her youngest sister who suddenly wanted to be older.

Janet had arranged to go to and come home on the train and get picked up by Kerry so they could go out shopping and then for tea so Liz and the girls left before the bus was due. Deciding what had to be bought at the shops tonight, Kerry removed the corset and put the bra and inserts back on. Kerry hurried through the bathroom and made some minor changes to her eyes as this made the most impact, a splash of perfume and blusher, grabbed the jacket and handbag and headed for the door. Even minor changes still took 15 minutes, what a difference a skirt makes to prep time. The train had just pulled out of the transit port as Kerry pulled into the kiss and ride area to pick up Janet, a quick kiss and then off to the shops. Janet asked how the critique had gone and Kerry told her all about the afternoon’s activities and the changes the girls had suggested. Janet had noticed the bust size but decided against saying anything to dampen Kerry’s confidence. They drove over to the Lingerie shop to pick up the bits Kerry had ordered on Saturday. While there she waited for Lisa to finish and then asked her about breast forms that could help with the problem. Lisa told them about a shop in the city that would be able to help, and then picked up the phone and checked that they would be open tonight. They closed in 10 minutes but would stay back if Kerry was definitely going to be buying tonight, a quick check and yes Kerry would be buying tonight.

Janet and Kerry left the shop and got into the car, the shop was about 20 minutes away plus parking. They got into the shop to meet a woman in her late forties dressed in a typical shop assistants outfit but looking at her watch, clearly staying back was not her choice but a sale was a sale. Kerry introduced herself and Janet then proceeded to ask about types, sizing and costs, each had to be considered. The cheap ones looked just that, cheap, the nice ones cost around $180 and came with a flesh coloured cloth outer to absorb sweat. Being a sales person first and foremost the woman offered the silicone ones as well, at $400 plus they would be more like an investment than a whim. Kerry looked at Janet and asked for her opinion, “they cost more than I expected” she said pointing to the silicone set on the counter, “How much time does Kerry expect to spend out”. This was a question that both had avoided until today when it became obvious that Kerry was here to stay. “The better we make you look the less chance of embarrassing me” Janet said and Kerry returned to facing the sales person.

Kerry asked the woman if she minded helping her put them on for the first time. There was a small fitting room towards the back of the shop and ushering Kerry into the area she asked her to remove her sweater and bra then lay down on the bench. The alcohol wipes cleaned her chest area and the glue was left for a few seconds on the breast forms before being placed carefully in the right spot, “stay still for a couple of minutes to allow the glue to work properly” she told Kerry. As she sat up the feeling of weight on her chest was a totally different sensation for Kerry and it put her off balance. She got dressed and returned to the front counter just as Janet was finalising the sales docket with her credit card. Silicone forms, glue, and cleanser came to over $450, a good investment thought Kerry. She could already feel the forms warming up to body temperature, and as she moved they moved, the sweater was now a very good fit, some would say tight but it made her figure just that much better as she stood and looked in the store mirror.

Time for tea suggested Janet and looked down the road for a café or somewhere to get a simple meal, after all, the shopping had cost so much lately. They chose a small Thai restaurant and entered after checking the menu prices, a table near the door would be okay as they only expected to stay for a short meal. The meal came quickly and they finished it within the half hour so they paid the bill and walked outside. Janet had been noticing that several of the customers had been checking out her “husband” and this caused some concern, how would they handle any approaches? Janet decided to bring this up later away from the ears of others and in the safety of their own home when both could be open. Kerry wanted to shop but Janet decided that enough had been spent in the last few days to last a month so they went home.

Sitting around the house dressed as Kerry was becoming fairly common place and one that didn’t cause any real stress for Janet so they just sat and talked. She brought up the fact that men had been checking out Kerry with her now “ample portions” over dinner, this worried her and she needed to talk about it. Paul knew that one of the fears held by wives is that a transgendered person would become gay; a totally false fear in the logical mind, but this didn’t stop the fear. It took several attempts at getting the wording right before Janet understood that She was His desire not someone else. Did the fear vanish or was it just answered correctly, only time could tell as they went off to bed and the problem of glued on boobs. Kerry had not considered sleeping with “mounds” in front before although this was everyday stuff for Janet, and nearly every other woman on the planet. It was a restless night with Kerry tossing around trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, the nighty helped somewhat.

Friday was normal; Kerry got dressed and worked through to the afternoon before totally changing back into Paul in time for Janets return from work. This included taking off the boobs and washing them carefully in the cleanser that had come with them, definitely not a quick decision to glue them on. This time Paul had decided to really go all out and made a special dinner with soup, main course, and a dessert that Janet liked from the shop. Candles and music in the background told Janet that something was up as soon as she stepped into the house. Paul handed a glass of wine to Janet and kissed her gently, “I just wanted to say thank you for everything you have done this week and letting me enjoy my time so much” he said with tears forming in his eyes. Janet saw them forming and took her hanky and dabbed them, her own emotions welling up seeing her husband's feelings being expressed for once. They stood and embraced each other as the music played in the background and some of the pain of the year died silently. The evening was delightful and the meal was as good as she cooked, if she ever got the time. Janet had been spoiled this last week and it would be hard to go back to normal, she even considered if she wanted normal anyway. They danced to the music, drank some wine and then some after dinner mints to finish off the night before heading to bed. The seminar was not until 6pm so the next day would be spent relaxing since Kerry had already done the housework during the week.

As expected the day started with breakfast in bed and watching the morning news broadcast, something that had become a weekly ritual if time permitted and with everything so tidy, time really did permit. A few manly tasks around the house had to be done and Paul hated doing any of them, the pool needed cleaning, the patio needed water blasting and the gutters needed checking for debris before the rainy season started. After lunch the remaining tasks got finished before 3pm and the start of preparations for the seminar. Janet had poured a bath and filled it with scented oils ready for Paul to soak in, she also had a surprise for Kerry but that could wait. She told Paul to make sure the legs were still hair free and also to do his armpits without saying why. A really close shave in both directions and Paul was ready to start the transformation hoping he could get it right. After putting on some underwear and a bath robe he walked out into the kitchen area and saw Kate standing there. Janet and Jane had asked Kate to do a private job in her own time and arranged for everything to be set up ready for another transformation.

Over the next hour Kate did her magic and helped Kerry to come out, she had brought one of her own wigs and placed it on Kerry’s head without letting her see the finished effect. The wig was a very good quality medium length, curly, light brown with blonde streaks, it was not the style that Kerry would have chosen but with the work that Kate had done it was fantastic and framed her whole face. While Kate had been working on the face Janet applied the nails with super glue and checked they were firm. Kate turned Kerry around to face the table mirror and there was another Kerry, more formal and younger looking with her blonde streaks and curls around her face.

Janet sent Kerry to the bedroom to get dressed and she followed quickly behind just in time to see the next stage unfold. Janet had been shopping during her lunch breaks and found a dark red halter neck dress with shiny black see through lace covering and a scarf for the neck. When Kerry saw it on the hanger she thought it was for Janet, not guessing that she would be wearing it out to the seminar. Janet said it actually was very well priced compared to the retail price and the winter season, although it never got cold in their state just a little nippy late at night. Kerry needed help putting the glue on the boobs and placing then correctly, then the corset needed lacing up, after that the rest of her outfit was easy to put on so Janet left her to get dressed. The stockings clipped on to the bottom of the corset and the pants came up over the control brief to complete the illusion, it would be murder if she had to use the toilet but the look was what counted tonight. Kerry stepped into the gown and pulled it up to her chest, the edges of the silicone boobs had been blended to her body colour and instead there was a well presented cleavage projecting from the top of the corset. Kerry buttoned up the halter top and pulled up the zip behind her back. The chandelier earrings and burgundy shoes finished off the look and with a black lace shawl the shoulders would be well hidden and give some warmth later on. Kerry put on the rings and her special K necklace, the hearts juggled between her breasts drawing obvious attention to them, but hey that was what it was all about. She stood back to admire the look in the mirror, the same one that Kerry had first appeared in nearly two years ago. The irony struck her but the beauty was just too exciting to bring her down.

Stepping out into the family room she found not only Kate and Janet but also Liz and Jane who had arrived a few minutes earlier and they each had on very elaborate dresses, not at all the style she expected for a seminar on wealth creation. The girls just clapped and cheered when they saw Kerry and even Kate had to admit there had been major changes with the right clothes and breast forms. Kerry did her usual swirl being careful not to trip in the heels even if she was getting very used to wearing them at home. It turned out that the seminar was deferred on Wednesday due to venue problems, the girls had decided not to tell Kerry and spoil her fun but instead chose to arrange an evening out for the four girls, Kate had also been invited to join them. They were off to the ballet with pre show cocktails and a meal afterwards it was going to be a full night. Janet said that she just needed to finish up getting ready before the limo arrived and raced into the bedroom leaving Kerry to entertain.

At 6pm the limo pulled into the driveway and waited, out of the house came 5 stunning ladies dressed to kill. The neighbours had beers in their hands again and just starred as the girls got into the car and drove away, they had no idea that one was a man and one of the others had been born male. The drive was about thirty minutes and Jane had arranged for drinks in the limo which helped them all relax just a little bit more. It was like prom night for each of them as the Limo pulled into the drive area of the entertainment complex. Cocktails started an hour before the curtain went up and trays of finger food were offered by waiters in white shirts and black bow ties. The time went quickly as they bought a program, visited the ladies restroom to freshen up their makeup and prepare for a 60 minute first half. The ballet was fantastic and the box seats gave them a great view of the stage and other patrons as they all enjoyed the show. A short interval and another drink then back in for the last 45 minutes, it was going to be late before they got out of the theatre let alone fed.

It was nearly 10pm as they walked into the restaurant next door to the theatre and the place was filling rapidly with other people that had made similar bookings. Their table was surrounded by people but the girls had drunk so much and were so hyped up nothing was going to stop their fun, especially not Kerry’s fun. The waiter took their orders and had the food on the table within 15 minutes, this was just a normal evening for them, show finishes at 9:45 food at 10:15. The noise level was high so Kerry had trouble listening to the conversation but just enjoyed being out and dressed so stylishly she could have sat here for hours. At 11 o’clock Jane called for the limo to pick them up, it would be around 20 minutes and the girls decided to pay the bill and go outside so they could talk.

There was a pathway down to the river and they went for a short stroll to see the lights of the city reflected in the water. The evening was not cold so the walk was comfortable and they found the pathway well lit as people walked past them arm in arm. The girls chatted about the ballet and the evening, the meal and of course the stunning new girl, Kerry and the fun they had been having together. The limo pulled into the car park and waited for them, the drive back was a lot quieter than the first ride and they just relaxed in the comfortable seats of the limo. It was nearly midnight before they had paid the bill and entered the house. As Kerry saw the clock she could not help but think about the fairy tale about the Ball, midnight and changing back into plain old Cinders and wondered what would become of Kerry after the clock struck midnight. As they say, that is another story and one that has not been written or dreamed of yet.

Onwards
The next week was just like normal, work and more work in the new office area. The builders had finished their job and the company came back together for their first staff meeting for a while. The overwhelming opinion was that productivity went up due to the reduction in travel time and the ability to keep working later in the afternoon and after tea time. The billable hours figure supported the comments and the boss was quite happy that the disruption hadn’t hurt financially. The only thing the team missed was the social interaction of being in the same area together and the bouncing of problems off each other.

While they all talked about the work they had completed it was Paul that had the least to say about how he felt about the week at home. Somehow the others would have had little understanding of the joy he had during the week, let alone why. At night things got back to normal following the heavily weighted “Kerry Time” last week. By the end of the week Paul and Janet had not really talked much about what the future would hold for Kerry, it was Friday evening before they got time to talk. Over the usual Friday drinks and cheese Janet wanted to know how much Kerry Time Paul would like to ask for. It was hard for Paul to express himself due to the fear of the past and his expectation of disagreement and argument from Janet but finally he put forward a plan that he thought could be acceptable to both. It included a support group meeting every second Wednesday, a couple of other events and the freedom to dress when working from home. Apart from that Kerry would only fully come out by joint agreement although the chance of wearing underwear was also agreed upon.

On Saturday the day started as usual with breakfast in bed and then housework but by lunchtime it was decide that the afternoon would include a trip to the Art gallery in the city that Janet walked past every day on her way to work. Kerry was hoping to get invited but just kept quiet and waited for Janet to make a comment, which never came. Instead Paul and Janet had a great time looking at artworks trying to decide what the artist could have been thinking about as they painted or sculpted the work. On the way home they picked up some food for dinner and a few supplies for the weekend. It was just before they got home that Janet asked if Kerry would like to join her for dinner since it had been nearly a week since she had been out anywhere. The acceptance took less than a second to be thought about and given back to Janet as a definite yes.

As Janet prepared the evening meal Paul went through the shower, shave process and removed any extra hair that had grown during the week before choosing an outfit for the evening. Kerry chose the grey skirt and sapphire blue jumper and black heels, she had already been wearing a nice pair of knickers and stockings during the art gallery trip so adding a bra and breast forms completed the outfit. The makeup took a while to get right as she could not get the eyes to look good enough, maybe lessons would be a good idea. Of course the special K necklace and large earrings had to be used as well as the ankle chain and rings. As she entered the dinning room the candles had been lit and the music was playing in the background, a glass of white sitting ready for her.

Over the dinner and then dessert they talked about the day at the art gallery and what some of the more interesting items were supposed to represent. Kerry enjoyed the relaxed time and the discussion of artworks but mostly the time being dressed and treated like a woman, she did not see that Janet also enjoyed having a woman to talk with. They talked about the clothes they had worn and Kerry offered some suggestion on how Janet’s outfit could be dressed up for a more formal look. Janet found that having Kerry give fashion comments was easier than she expected and surprisingly well balanced. Sunday was going to be a free day with nothing planned so Kerry asked about going to the afternoon movies and then dinner at the little Italian restaurant in town. Janet had enjoyed the last movie night and asked about inviting the other girls, a quick phone call and the movie time was changed to 5pm with dinner afterwards.

As they went to bed the talk was about what they would each wear and what they could do before the others arrived. It was decided that a trip to the Museum would take around four hours and be easily fitted in with the other plans. Sunday was a sleep in day with breakfast in bed and late start, by late morning they started to get ready, Kerry taking the most time. Janet had listened to the fashion comments and made some changes while Kerry selected the black slacks and burgundy sweater and heels and opted to carry the black jacket in case it got cold. Kerry did her makeup after making sure that the 5 o’clock shadow would stay hidden until well after dinner. A light shade of brown eye liner and blusher along with burgundy nails gave a very gentle look but an air of classic quality. It was just after lunch by the time they arrived at the museum and parked the car nearby, so they chose a coffee in the café instead of lunch.

There were only a few groups in the museum so they were able to walk and talk without being interrupted or overheard. Many of displays had been moved around since their last trip but it was a much quicker tour than they had planned on so after only two hours they left the museum and walked back into the city. It was Sunday trading so the shops were still open and specials could always be found. Janet asked if Kerry would help her choose some new clothes for work and headed into the nearest mall looking for a cheap store. Kerry also looked around but for a better quality store and grabbed Janets arm to stop her from entering the cheap shop. The new fashions included reds and blacks, bold greens and browns with simple lines and easy to wash but Janet probably would not like the tighter fit and shorter skirts that Kerry had in mind.

Kerry started to look around and selected a couple of longer skirts and tops to get the right sizes and keep Janet onside with the colours. Slowly she changed the length and size until Janet wore a very nice outfit in similar colours to Kerry’s own clothes but with a skirt that came to about five inches above the knee. The jumper was tapered and tighter than normal to give shape to her, well, her assets. Janet started to make objections but Kerry just looked at her and mouthed the word “Yes” to let her know that it was out of her hands and the purchase was going to be made. If Janet didn’t wear it then Kerry would as her size was now very close to Janet’s dress size and Kerry really liked the new fashions. A few more shops and Janet had a couple of mix and match outfits for work in the latest colours and shapes.

Just before closing time they stopped and had coffee and cake as dinner was going to be late tonight. Janet had another look at her new work clothes and shook her head at the choice of colours, not her normal ones or fit but she was beginning to understand that Kerry had some fashion sense and could be trusted. The movies started at 5.30 so they had to walk over to the cinema complex, get tickets as well as meet the other girls. As soon as they had bought tickets Kerry suggested a trip to the Ladies room, she needed to adjust her makeup, this was still a threat for Janet and she told Kerry about her doubts. Kerry asked if she should go to the gents instead, the answer was obvious so they headed off to adjust their appearance. Kerry went straight into a toilet stall without looking around and sat down, which she did normally even as Paul. A few minutes later she was standing at the mirrors using her eye liner to emphasise her eyes, and then some shadow to complement the look, an extra coat of lipstick and then a coat of gloss to make them shine. Janet just stood there in amazement watching as Kerry made small changes but ones that had a significant impact on her look.

Leaving the ladies room they found Liz and Jane standing with their tickets and popcorn ready to go in, they kissed each other as Jane checked out Kerry’s makeup. “You are really getting the hang of doing your own makeup, it looks very good” said Jane as Liz nodded in agreement. Kerry just stood there and let the comments sink in and watched Janet wondering what she was thinking about. The movie was about to start so they went in finding a middle row and sitting down with Kerry in the middle. It was an average movie, slightly funny but nothing over the top or violent just a nice time out. As they left the cinema together they saw a couple of their friends coming in through the doors, would they be able to read Kerry who they had known as Paul for several years? Kerry stopped dead in her tracks before being grabbed by Jane, “I’ll say you are a friend from back home” said Jane as they walked towards them. The couple approached and said hello to the three girls they knew and looked towards Kerry, “This is my friend, Kerry” said Jane and Kerry held out her hand. It was a very slow motion few minutes as the girls each talked to them and let Kerry slip to the outside of the group. Liz took the lead for once and mentioned the next booking they had for dinner and said good bye. Outside they just looked at each other and laughed, even Janet, the couple had no idea who Kerry was and that was good, for all of them.

The café had a small crowd for a Sunday night so the girls selected a table in the alfresco area of so they could talk and see everything that was happening on the cappuccino strip. The waiter came, delivered a water bottle and menus before leaving them to make their choices for dinner and drinks. Kerry was a bit shaken by the meeting and needed to go to the toilet to compose herself, Liz asked if she needed company and got up to come with her. While this happened Janet and Jane made small talk until Janet finally asked Jane what she really thought of Kerry’s makeup since she had made comments. Jane complemented Kerry on her eyes and the impact they made, the choice of evening colours, Janet thought that the look was very “out there” and said so. Jane just laughed and called Janet “grandma” then told her to get modern, the look was very good and made Kerry look very attractive. Liz and Kerry returned looking more relaxed and composed. As the waiter returned they placed orders and handed the menus back, “enjoy your night Ladies” said the young uni student and smiled. “Not bad looking” said one of the girls, “shame we are so old, and married” said the other and they just giggled.

Over dinner they talked about the ballet evening last weekend and the fun they had getting all dressed up and doing their hair and makeup, of course Kerry could identify with this and added her comments of joy and excitement. The overwhelming decision was to do it again before the ballet season was over. Liz took a phone call from her girls then asked if they could join us in the café as they had been out all day and needed a lift home. As the two young girls walked into the café the waiter brought two extra chairs over to the table and took a drinks order for the girls. They wanted to sit near aunty Kez as they now called her. Over the next 30 minutes they kept asking Kerry about how she was feeling and her makeup. Somehow the plan for another ballet night came out and they both got invites to be part of the girl’s night out. Around nine o’clock they all decided that the evening had to end due to work on Monday and they left for their own homes after hugs and kisses all round, even aunty Kez got hugs.

Driving the car into the driveway, Kerry parked the car and walked into the house feeling like another step forward had been made. The time was almost 9:30 but Janet asked about a hot drink before bed and put the kettle on, she wanted to talk to Kerry and knew that it would be better out of the bedroom. Kerry sat down at the kitchen table sensing the need to talk but allowing Janet to start it. Janet had been having nagging questions about the ease that Paul had swapping from Paul to Kerry and back again without missing a beat. Kerry tried to understand the question but had difficulty in expressing it so Janet had to be clearer with her question which she did. “How can you be Paul one minute and Kerry the other without going mad?” asked Janet. This had been Paul’s initial question some 16 months prior when he had approached a trained psychologist asking for help. “The problem starts when you see two people and two characteristics” started Paul knowing that it made little sense even to him. Over the next hour they talked about the multifaceted view of people and how we can be several things to different people such as father and son, but at all times the same person. Kerry was the feminine side of Paul, the part that found clothing and all things soft of interest while Paul had to handle day to day male tasks such as earning a good income and being the husband / protector of his wife. Very macho and false but it outlined some of the stereotypical garbage that went around during his upbringing.

The other aspect that came up was the need to have safe places that we can go to where we are able to relax and be our selves without being made to conform. Also a place where the pressure of the day and life cannot reach into and cause stress. Janet had heard this mentioned during the last few months and asked how close Paul had come to throwing it all in, not quite sure what she was asking. Paul wanted to tell the truth and talk about suicide or separation but felt that Janet could not handle it so headed towards a vague notion of walking away from church and work etc. Janet seemed either happy with the comment or just didn’t want to pursue the obvious but it was dropped. Janet summed up what had been said in one phrase “Paul and Kerry are the same person and the clothes and name help define how they react or behave to situations” It is a balancing act, a compartmentalizing to keep sane as long as both parts are free to get expression and time. Another step forward had just been made and they retired to bed and the matching nighties.

To be continued ... Paul continues to work but finds an unexpected present for Kerry to enjoy

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm glad to see this continue

Andrea Lena's picture

As much as I'm enjoying the "fluff" of dressing and makeup and such, it's the developing understanding and acceptance by Janet for the Kerry half of the man she loves. I'm sure I've got plenty of company in wishing for that for myself. Thanks for the story, dear heart.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

A Tale of Release - 4

When Keery is released, What will she do? Will she choose to stay or leave?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine