The Special Ones. Vad's Story.

Printer-friendly version
We come to the third part in the "Special Ones" Trilogy. Never guessed for one moment when I started my little story I would end up with my very own trilogy!

Vad's story, you probably are not going to be too surprised to find out, is about Vad. Through him we find out a little more of the back story of the Special Ones and we bring things to a conclusion, with a few bumps and a few hugs on the way of course.

I have tried to create three distinct stories, each with their own character and feel. But tied together with one common thread running through them. I hope it has worked? And you have/will enjoy the journey. :-)

Oh, and a big thank you for the many kind words and encouragement, it really has spured me on. Thanks.

.............................................................................................

My name is Vad. My story begins back in the old country, Sohvekiia. There is much to tell but where to start? You heard of the 'special ones', yes? To be fair most people have not. In my village in each generation there is a 'special one' born. They have deep connection to the essence of life. They feel what is in your heart without a word. They can heal all but the worst injuries, and much more. They truly are special and for us the 'special one' is my sister.

Sohvekiia is small and mountainous country. We have mostly gone unnoticed and left in peace for many generations. This was until Mafia got to hear about our 'special ones'. They kidnapped my sister and our family to force her to do their bidding. They would often take her away in morning and bring her back in evening. This went on for years.

We do not know what they made her do and Catarina would not tell us. But each night she would cry herself to sleep. Over time we could see her spirit slowly being broken.

Then one day she just didn't come back.

A week later the camp we were being held in was attacked by police and we were freed. We found out Catarina was being taken to London when the car she was traveling in was attacked and she managed to escape.

We had to try and find her. I had a little English so it was obvious I should go and Grandmother Berta insisted on coming too. She and Catarina have very close connection for each other. If anyone could find Catarina it was her.

To this day I still do not know how Grandmother Berta did it, but she lead us straight to Catarina.

It was then that we first met Peter. I could straight away tell there was something different about him. What is clear is effect he has had on Catarina. He had made her whole again.

Although she is my sister I know little about what it is to be 'special one'. There are many secrets that have to be kept and best way to keep secrets is not to tell them. On the day we found Catarina I learned many secrets. We stayed most of evening but eventually we had to leave. But now we know Catarina was safe and well and with one she loves.

When we get back to our village, there was a tall man and beautiful woman with long blonde hair waiting for us. They said that they knew everything about Catarina, about us and 'special ones'. They said there are 'special ones' all around the world and organisation called Tilboá° Foundation had been set up many years ago to protect 'special ones'. But because we are so isolated in Sohvekiia they did not know about us until very recently.

They explained that Catarina's abilities may not have gone, they could just be sleeping. That she would need to be protected. Especially now she was in much more populated and vulnerable place. But they do not interfere, they protect discretely. They recruit people close to 'special one' and train them to protect them.

They asked if I would like to be Catarina's protector? How could I say no?

A private plane took us to small airfield in a country where blonde hair and blue eyes are common. As they say, what better way to hide a rose than to plant it among other roses. I was surprised at how large Tilboá° Foundation's facility was. It was size of a small town and took up most of the valley.

I began my training next day and that was when I first met Nika. We seemed to connect straight away.

Training was intense but I made good progress and my English rapidly improved. I was to be the first line of contact for Catarina and once training was complete I would head a small team.

It didn't take long for Nika and I to become an item.

VadNika2.JPG

After training was complete we moved to a town close to Catarina, telling her that I had got a job in events management for a multi national company. Which wasn't too far from the truth as this is the cover used by the Tilboá° Foundation (I now know that Tilboá° is Icelandic for Specials). It's a convenient way of disguising what otherwise could be seen as unusual activities.

It was good to be able to see Catarina regularly again. Petra has become more than a friend, she is family now too. I have not known anyone like her, she has a unique blend of male and female, the best of both if you like. She can be gentle, totally disarming and has the tenderest of hearts, but there is also an integrity and strength about her. I can see how she is the right one for Catarina, and she is one of the few people I can say I would trust with my life.

Once we had settled into our new place I proposed to Nika. It was hard to hear, but she said "Not yet". And that was all I could get out of her. I am just going to have to be patient I suppose.

For some time now the Foundation have been hearing rumours that a group associated with the gang that kidnapped Catarina had been working on a method of forcing a 'special one' to link with someone. It's now became apparent that the rumours were true. But before we could do anything we realised they were making a move on Catarina... now!

I mobilised the team and immediately phoned Catarina. Petra picked up the phone and I told them to get in the house and lock the doors immediately. I heard them make it to the house but then all I could hear was a scuffle and the phone went dead. We were literally only a few minutes away but by the time we got to the house they were gone. I had failed her!

The kidnappers had covered their tracks well, there was no sign of them. All of the resources of the Foundation was brought to bear, clearly this was a threat to all 'specials'.

It took us nearly two months to track them down, but it was also about then that we started hearing about two beautiful redheads, we soon confirmed that they were actually Catarina and Petra.

At first we were relieved, at least they were still alive. But then the Foundation scientist's explained just how dangerous they may now be. By nature 'special ones' are particularly empathetic and loving, it's nearly impossible for a 'special one' to deliberately cause harm to another.

But if Catarina and Petra have been corrupted and that restraint has been lost, there truly could be no limit to what they could do. The phrase "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" could make Catarina and Petra the two most dangerous people on the planet!

It was almost a year before we could make a move. We had to be sure that we could capture everyone and everything to do with the procedure in one go, there could be no chance of any of that knowledge escaping. And to have a sure method of being able to treat them both, the alternative to that was unthinkable!

Curiously, since the girls rose to prominence, crime, especially violent crime had dramatically reduced.

Come the day, at the same moment, teams throughout England and Russia swooped. I headed the team to capture Catarina and Petra. They were coming out of the building chatting and laughing. They still looked much like my Catarina and Petra and I just wanted to go and hug them both, but I knew that would be impossible. I took up position with another member of my team, each of us with tranquiliser rifles.

Something made them turn towards us. Catarina recognised me...

We took our shot!

The next six weeks were agonising! Treatment after treatment failed, but it was with Petra we had a breakthrough. Only not how we expected. DNA testing discovered that Peter was unique, a male 'special one'!

The unique genes that make a 'special one' possible are linked to X chromosomes, if a Y chromosome is present (i.e. male) then the unique genes are always switched off. There is a theory that if ever there were a male 'special one' his talents would be much stronger. But in all the history of the Foundation they had never come across an exception to the female only rule, so it always remained an untested theory... until Peter.

Whether Peter had managed to suppress his talents or they just lay dormant nobody knows. However, it does explain why Catarina was drawn to him and how they were a perfect match. And also how when they joined he effectively became Catarina's twin, it was if the genes were trying to return to their more natural form.

It only took a few weeks to clean the chemicals and drugs out of their system. It was trying to break through the psychological imprint that was proving to be the real problem. Even with trained 'special ones' it was almost impossible.

In the end it was Petra who gave us the way in. Somehow she had managed to keep a little of herself from being overwhelmed by the imprint. Working with the 'special ones' she managed to break through. It was like punching a small hole in a plate of glass, once they broke through, the imprint just shattered and it was gone!

I insisted on being the one to be there when she woke up. As soon as she opened her eyes I knew we had been successful.

Her first thought was for Catarina. The treatments had been pummelling her body for weeks and she should hardly have been able to move. But still she managed to get out of bed, and actually tried to walk! I couldn't believe it!

Unsurprisingly her legs gave way, but that wasn't going to stop her. I knew she had to rest but I didn't bother trying to argue, she wanted to see her Catarina and nothing was going to stop her!

I mostly carried her into the other room where Catarina slept. Unfortunately we have had to keep her sedated. Petra wouldn't have that of course so we revived her. Catarina went into a rage as she usually does, but then amazingly Petra calmed her down. What happened next I will never forget.

As Petra lay on Catarina I witnessed something astonishing. It started as a faint glow, but soon they were both bathed in the strangest light. The closest thing I can liken it too is the iridescence of oil on water, only so much more. I wasn't the only one, we all saw it. I was later told that this is what the 'special ones' see when they look at someone's aura, but they have never heard of it being so strong that 'normals' have been able to see it.

Their recovery was going well and soon they both had blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes, and it looked as though they would soon be able to return home. But we then got reports that without their control, their little empire was reforming in a very dangerous way. The criminal gangs and the crooked bankers were collaborating and hatching a plan that was tantamount to a coup!

Although it had been three months, we thought it was still too early in their recovery to put them into such a high risk situation. Physically they were ok, but could they resist the temptations? But there was just too much at stake and there didn't seem to be any other option. But as soon as Petra and Catarina found out they were determined to get involved, and I am not sure we could have stopped them anyway.

The plan was for them to re-establish themselves in their positions and then as soon as possible to gather everyone together and then swoop. Everything was prepared and they picked out some outfits more suited for their previous persona. They may be blonde now and not redheads, but with piercing grey contact lenses and those outfits, when they switch into their 'Sisters of Crime' act, they even scared the willies out of me!

Stairs.JPG

I still don't know how they did it but Petra and Catarina were able to just breeze in and re-establish themselves. The loyalty they had engendered in their people is amazing. Far from questioning where they had been when everybody else was now under lock and key, they were just overjoyed to have them back.

The day was finally chosen and the girls did an incredible job of gathering together everybody involved. What we didn't know was just how far the net would spread. It wasn't just the gang members and bankers that we were expecting, politicians, senior police officers, military personnel, and some who we have no idea who they are, just kept turning up!

I had to laugh when I heard someone make a phone call and say "We are going to need more vans".

The signal went off and we moved in! The operation went like clockwork and surprise was total. We had taken control of the entire area before anyone could react. It went perfectly... all except for one banker who had managed to sneak in a gun. He only got off one shot before he was overpowered.

Unfortunately it was aimed at me.

Curiously I didn't feel any pain just a very big shove into my chest which knocked me to the ground. I was aware of people around me but an overwhelming feeling of tiredness was creeping in on me. I started to feel cold and the last thing that crossed my mind was "I think I am dying....

Catarina lets out a scream and runs over to where Vad is lying in a growing pool of blood. It doesn't take a doctor to realise the powerful gun had blasted a hole right through his heart. "No, no, no! Don't die, don't die! I can't do this, it's too much!"

Petra is now beside her, looks in shock at Vad and then at Catarina who is now completely distraught! Petra pulls Catarina towards her and holds her tight, and in the calmest voice that she could manage "Vad is family, we don't give up on family. I know it's bad but we must at least try".

"But Petra, it's his heart, it's too much, I want to, I really do, but it's just too much damage!"

Petra moves to kneel down beside Vad and looks at Catarina "It takes about five minutes before brain death starts, that's five minutes to at least try! Vad is too dear to just let go, we have to at least try".

Catarina moves to kneel down on the other side of Vad, and with fingertips touching they both place their hands on Vad's chest.

Feeling very groggy and weak, I woke up in bed to see Nika, Catarina and Petra looking at me. "What happened? I thought I was dead?"

Nika spoke up and said "You were dead, well almost... Catarina and Petra saved you".

Looking very confused I said "I thought 'special ones' couldn't heal a fatal wound?

Catarina said "No we can't, not even two working together could. But apparently four can."

Smiling at Petra she said "Petra and I are pregnant, we are both expecting girls, and I think we now know that both of them are going to be blue eyed and blonde".

I looked at them feeling confused, bemused and if I am honest a little shocked. "How? When? Who? What?? You are kidding!?"

Petra asks "Have you ever heard of Parthenogenesis?"

I shook my head.

Petra takes a breath and says "It is very rare in humans, and many doctors dispute if it's actually possible. But put simply, it is when a woman's egg spontaneously starts to divide and begins to develop into a baby, only without any male 'intervention'. Do you remember back at the clinic when we thought we had lost Catarina and I went in to see her, and we managed to get her back? Well, not only did we get Catarina back, it turns out we were both ovulating, and with so much energy sparking around we managed to kick them into action too."

Putting her hand on her stomach Petra smiled and said "Seems like your nieces are fond of you too and didn't want to loose you either".

Looking at Catarina and Petra I just shook my head and said "I really should know by now not to be surprised what you two can do when you are together. But you still amaze me!"

Nika stepped forward and said "He is looking tired and I think we need to let him rest. But would you mind if we had a few minutes?"

The door closes and Nika takes my hand "I thought I had lost you, but it was then I knew I truly loved you, the answer is yes."

As Nika left I just lay in my bed and tried to take in what just happened.

It's going to take a while to fully recover but what an amazing day! I have almost come back from the dead. The villains are gone. My two favourite girls are safe and they are pregnant. And my love has said yes! Life is looking soooo good, what could possibly go wrong?

I let out a "Yeehaah!" and punched the air! Then immediately regretted it as the stitches in my chest pulled. Ooouch!

It was about a week later that I began to notice things. Nothing I could put my finger on but I could feel something was off. The first thing I could really identify was my beard. I have always had a heavy growth but it's been a few days now since I last shaved and what growth I have is getting softer.

Actually it was Nika who noticed it first and she said she preferred it as she didn't like getting beard burn when we canoodled. I just shrugged and thought that as long as Nika is happy who am I to worry.

A few days later I was having a massage with my physio and while working on my legs she let out a squeal. I looked down and couldn't believe what I saw, most of the hair on my legs was gone! The physio ran her hand down my legs again and even more hair just wiped off. We looked in shock at each other as the same thing happened over the rest of my body.

Very soon the only hair that remained was on top of my head and a small patch between my legs. Even my face now was baby smooth with no sign of a man's growth and just a very fine fuzz remains.

When Nika came by later she tried to make light of it and said she didn't really like hairy men, but I could see that she was concerned and was trying not to get me worried. I also mentioned that I seemed to be loosing weight, but Nika said that's to be expected being stuck in bed all the time, especially being such an active guy normally.

I woke up the following morning and the hair on my head is going crazy. Nika says that she likes long hair on a guy and maybe I should just let it grow. I will admit it does feel nice and I've always wondered what I would look like with long hair. Nika says a ponytail would look really sexy on me. I am not so sure, I am starting to get really worried by what is happening. But if Nika likes the idea, perhaps while I am stuck in here I will let it grow out and see what we think then.

The next day the changes are getting more pronounced. The weight loss is now very noticeable and nothing fits anymore, not even my shoes (which is weird as I didn't think your feet could shrink?).

But as disturbing as that is, what is even more worrying is that I am shrinking! I think I have lost over two inches in height! When I finally saw the doctor I told him I was worried about what was happening but he said not to concern myself as it's probably just a residual of how Catarina and Petra saved me and as I get stronger everything will return to normal.

Nika couldn't come to visit for a couple of days and by now the changes could not be ignored. The shrinking is getting a lot worse. And I no longer sounded like myself as the pitch of my voice is slipping into a higher range. And to go with my changing voice I was getting a distinctly androgynous look.

When Nika came the next day I couldn't decide whether to tell her or not. But Nika is supposed to be my bride when I get out of here so I had to tell her about my other concern. A big one, of not being able to have an erection... At all!

Nika, bless her heart, tried to put on a brave face, but by now it was getting hard to ignore the possibility that what happened to Peter/Petra was possibly happening to me. We talked for a little while but the strain on her face was clear and she made her excuses to leave.

As she got to the door she looked at me as if to say something but then just turned and left. I could hear her cry echo down the hallway.

The changes seemed to slow for the next week. Or maybe they didn't, I don't know, I don't really care anymore. All I could think of was the look on Nika's face as she stood in the doorway, and that I haven't seen or heard from her since.

Catarina and Petra have been able to come for a visit and we spoke for a long time about what is happening to me. At times all three of us were in tears and Catarina especially seemed to be taking it hard and kept apologising. But we finally agreed that pulling someone back from the brink of death may bring a few side effects with it. Though as side effects go I think this is a biggie.

I did feel better having seen the girls and Petra especially was a comfort. She certainly has a way with her. At least now I have a better idea of what to expect.

But the one change I have been dreading most of all might be starting. I can't be sure, but I think the family jewels are smaller than they were yesterday. When I mentioned this to the doctor he actually laughed (not got the best bedside manor my doctor) His exact words were, "It's about time. I was wondering when they would start to catch up with the rest of you."

The next day there was no mistake. They are about two thirds of their original size! By now, about the only thing that hasn't changed too much is my hair. It may be at my shoulders now but it is still definitely brown, though perhaps a shade or two lighter. And if you know my family history you are probably wondering, my eyes are still hazel too.

I was sitting up in bed reading a newspaper when I heard a gentle knock on the open door. I looked up to see... Nika!

As she came over and sat in the chair beside the bed she looked intently at me "You have changed a lot, but I can still see you in there. I am so sorry I left you like that, it felt as though I was watching my future husband slowly disappear in front of me. I just couldn't cope."

"Petra and Catarina came to see me, we spoke for hours. They really do love you, you know? As we talked I realised I still loved you and although I don't know how I feel about the changes you are going through, I couldn't bear the thought that I was letting you go through it alone." She looked at me with a weak smile "We can still be friends can't we?"

I will admit my heart skipped a beat. I took her hand and looking straight at her... my brain promptly froze. I may not look much like a man now but my mind is certainly still male. "Umm... uhh... friends would be good".

I seem to be starting to gain a little weight back, my face is filling out and becoming softer. According to the scales I've gained a few pounds, but where is it all going? You guessed it, to my hips and thighs. Though I think it looks more obvious because where my legs join my hips seem to be moving outward, and I have noticed when I walk my gait is changing too.

At last my body finally seem to have stabilised. I am now about five foot six and weigh about hundred and ten pounds.

My worry now is not my body but my 'Meat an' two Veg'! It's almost as though they are trying to make up for lost time! In fact my 'Veg' are now roughly a third of the size they were and feel soft to the touch, a bit like squeezing a pair of marshmallows. The weird thing is, there is no discomfort. My 'Meat' is in even a worst state! It's totally flaccid and only about an inch long. I have to be careful when I go to the bathroom now as it's getting really hard to aim.

Nika is coming to see me every day now. I am so glad she came back, I can see that sometimes she still struggles with these changes, but she has been a true friend and an amazing support. Funnily enough, since I had that 'bloke brain-lock' moment, we now talk constantly. I can honestly say that I have never had a friend quite like Nika."

Nika has just left for the day and I find myself re-thinking the conversation we just had.

She joked saying that she won't have to stand on her tip toes to kiss me anymore. Well that's an understatement, when she's wearing her heels, she has a good three inches on me! Then she let slip that she had wondered what it would be like to have another woman make love to her. And a little later in the conversation, that with a bit of effort I could make for quite a cute looking girl now, and I should consider wearing a skirt and heels to get used to them so she wouldn't have to wear flats when we went out. Hmm...

This time we are having together has given Nika and I a chance to really get to know each other. Nika has become a very precious friend. Before, if I am honest, sex played a large part in our relationship. But we now find that we have many common interest's and our points of view seem to overlap all the time. Nika said that when she's with me, its like being with her "best" girl friend.

This morning I awoke to another disturbing development. My chest is starting to itch. It seems to be centred around my nipples which are swollen and tender. I was due a visit from the doctor today and he just shrugged. When he pressed on the two small lumps of fat under my nipples, it was actually painful! He said it was to be expected and just got on with the rest of the examination! What? That's it? Technically he must be a brilliant doctor because he has all the empathy of a soggy turnip!

Once he had gone I really needed to take a leak, which is actually quite an apt description now. It was getting to be a real problem having any kind of aim with the little fella so I now just sit and let it flow.

While I was sitting there I got a major itch in the nether region's, and like any guy would I started to have a good old scratch and rummage down there. Then there was the weirdest of sensations, I am sure I felt something move. I stopped scratching and bent over to have a look, and as I pulled the little fella up to get a better view that weird sensation happened again! I looked down and got the shock of my life. My 'Veg' were missing!... Gone!... Completely!

I suppose I should have been more ready for it, but actually seeing it happen has shaken me ridged, in a state of shock I made my way back to bed and just lay there. Then I noticed the strangest sensation in my pelvis/lower abdomen. It feels like something is crawling around inside. It isn't painful at all, just very weird. It didn't take long to realise it was my disappearing 'Veg' on the move and things reorganising themselves in there.

Over the next few hours the loose folds of my empty sac were visibly shrinking, pulling themselves into a narrow elongated shape between my legs. The little fella was barely larger than the tip of my little finger when I had last saw it. It soon got swallowed up between the folds of skin and is now nowhere to be seen.

I put my hand down there and with my finger tried to find out if it had gone completely. Wow! It hadn't! When I touched it I was stunned by how sensitive it had become and how incredible it felt to rub my finger over this new little button. I have to admit, it took all my willpower to remove my finger, the feeling was so amazing!

Understandably I was very distracted with what was happening down below. What I hadn't noticed was while all that excitement had been going on down there, the small lumps of fat under my nipples had been getting busy and turning into an actual set of boobs!

As I lay there exhausted, the full impact of what was happening caught up with me! I spent the rest of the day alternating between crying, and wondering if I would be able to have children, which would start me crying again. Damn these female hormones!

The next day I felt a lot more settled and I was sure my transformation had basically finished. The doctor said that although there might be a few more minor changes while everything settles down. As far as he was concerned I was a healthy fit young woman and was ready to be discharged.

I phoned Nika and told her the news and she said that she would pick up a few things and be right over.

For the first time I took a proper look at myself in the mirror. I have to admit that my legs look terrific and the rest of my body certainly has curves in all the right places. Just hard to believe that gorgeous girl is me!

When Nika arrived, she was in an very good mood. She insisted that I remove my clothing so that she could see the end results. Feeling a little shy, I turned my back to her when I undressed. She laughed when I bent over to pull my pants down "Excuse me, I didn't have that end in mind". Which of course made me feel even more embarrassed.

She didn't seem the slightest bit surprised when I turned around and she saw my rather large boobs (do girls actually call them boobs I wonder?). The last time she had seen them they were little more than two small bumps on my chest.

I explained how they just seemed to grow and grow until they'd reached their current enormous size. Nika just laughed when I said that they felt like they were a Double D! She assured me that at best they were only a C cup. I wasn't sure whether to be relieved or disappointed.

So I stood there in the buff while Nika started pulling out items of very obviously feminine clothing. Some of which I don't think I have ever seen before!

She handed me a tiny pair of panties and a matching bra, and told me to put these on. I looked at them and said "Well I suppose these are slightly better than standing here with nothing on... just". She just ignored me and kept puling out more outfits. Each one seemed to get more feminine than the last!

It was clear that she was in her element and having fun with this, and my obvious embarrassment just seemed to add to her amusement. I said I just wanted some jeans and a sweatshirt.

But she wasn't having any of that. She just said that since I would eventually have to wear things like these anyway, I might as well as start now, and pulled out a decidedly feminine dress "This one".

Much to my surprise, the dress was actually more comfortable than I expected, it just seemed to flow over my body. I still grumbled that I just wanted to wear some jeans. But she dismissed that and said that with your legs it would be a crime to cover them up, and once I had struggled pulling on some nylons, it was hard to argue.

It was bad enough that the outfit she had chosen was definitely all girl. Then she brought out the makeup kit, this was all getting way too much!

Nika sat me down and set about fixing my hair and applying makeup. Having makeup put on my face felt strange and the lipstick tasted funny on my lips. I had kissed enough girls to know what it tasted like but not on my own lips. But I couldn't argue with the end result. I was no longer just cute but actually beautiful when she finished.

Reluctantly I agreed to leave the safety of my room, Nika couldn't wait to get moving. I think that she just wanted to show off her handiwork... me!

VadNika1.jpg

Nika insisted I came back to our place. I really wasn't sure. I am hardly her boyfriend anymore and I thought I had put her through enough already. But she wouldn't have me going anywhere else. It felt very strange walking back in there. It seemed huge! But also sad as it was filled with memories of a life I no longer have.

It took me a few days to settle back in. I am now so glad Nika made me come back with her. I can't say I have come to terms with being a girl yet, but with Nika with me it doesn't seem to matter so much.

Curiously, most of the time being female doesn't really seem that much different from being male, apart from not being able to reach things, and opening jars is now an issue. But I will admit that everything just seems more sensual, the way my body moves now, the feel of my clothes, the scent of a flower, the scent of Nika! now that does send me crazy!

Over the next couple of months we became closer than I thought two people could be. It is like we have grown into each other. As a man I loved Nika dearly but I am not sure as a man I could have opened myself up enough to have had this amazing relationship with her. Perhaps in part because we haven't actually been intimate? Yes, we have cuddled (a lot) but not gone any further. We just love being with each other.

Then one evening, right out of the blue, Nika asked me if I still liked girls?

I looked at her somewhat surprised "Pardon?"

She said again "Do you still like girls?"

Trying to be cool and nonchalant "Oh, I haven't really thought about it."

(The truth of the matter is that lately I haven't been able to think of much else, and I have just been too scared to wreck what I have with Nika to do anything about it.)

Nika glanced up at me and actually looked surprised and disappointed.

Then I stood up and took her hand, winked at her "Shall we find out?"

My leave was coming to an end and it was time for me to see my Commander about being put back on active duty. It was quite late by the time I got back and I found that Nika had set out a candle lit dinner for us both. Which I thought was a lovely surprise and a nice way to celebrate getting my team back.

It was a wonderful evening and although I didn't think it was possible, Nika looked even more beautiful than ever. We had just started on the second bottle of wine when I noticed she was looking nervous. I asked "Are you nervous about me going back to work? It's ok, my Commander said I will get all the support I need."

Nika looked at me "No, I am ok with that... It's just... will... will you marry me?"

Perhaps it was because I wasn't expecting it, but waves of emotion just swept over me and for a moment I was dumbstruck! I saw the anxious look in Nika's eyes but in that instant I knew I was complete.

I gently took her hands in mine "Just one question? Who is going to get to wear the wedding dress, you or me?"

Next morning I was just getting myself ready to phone Catarina and give her the news, when the phone rang, it was Petra. Sounding panicky she said "Our waters have broken, call the ambulance we are having our babies!"

The next few hours everything became a blur! I stayed with Catarina, and Nika with Petra, and they gave birth literally within a few minutes of each other. The midwives said they had never known such easy births. I wasn't the slighted bit surprised.

Almost as quickly as the excitement began it was peaceful again. As the last nurse left we sat there. I held my Nika by my side, and Catarina and Petra were cradling their new daughters in their arms. I truly have never been in a room where there has been so much love.

While we were chatting, Petra's little girl stretched out and grasped her finger, and with a big gummy grin I could have sworn I heard her giggle. It wasn't a gurgle, it definitely sounded like a giggle.

Hands.jpg

Petra looked down and with moist eyes said "That's my girl".

Then slowly looking in turn at Catarina and her baby... Nika... and then me... just smiled and said...

"Perfect!"

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Loved this story

I hope that you'll keep writing more stories about Petra, Catrina and Vad.

Hugs,
Tamara Jeanne

Thanks :-)

Hi Tamara
Great to hear you have enjoyed their adventure. Think I might leave them in peace for now. However, I have had another idea...
;-)

An oddly written story

More like an outline really. Or perhaps a super outline?

At first I was kind of ... disappointed. But as it evolved, I found I liked it.

Good job.

T

Thanks

Hi Tarzana

Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased you were able to stick with it and enjoyed it in the end.

I was conscious that to make Vad's story a stand alone I would have to repeat a lot of what happened in the other two Special Ones stories, and would also make it a rather long read. Of course if someone hasn't read the other two it would read rather oddly.

But you see, it's all part of a cunning plan to get people to go back and read my other stories! Hah hah! Oh the ego this newbee writer has developed in such a short time :-)

Thanks again.

Huggy.

I did read part of one of them.

I got interrupted and never went back.

But I've been thinking about it.

You cunning little ...

T

Cute

What sweet story. I love the pictures you have included in your stories. The last one with that little hand holding the finger brings back a lot of happy memories for me.
Joanna

Cute? Absolutely

Hi Joanna

Pleased you like the accompanying pictures, I think I will be using more in future stories. Yes, I still have a couple of ideas to play with :-)

When I saw the photo of the hands I just knew I had the the perfect conclusion to the story. Only one word for it... perfect.

Huggy

Yes

It is perfect!!