Felicia's Second Life Side Story #1

Printer-friendly version
Princess_Knight_Felicia.jpg


Being hit by a truck, I died.

That was supposed to be the end of the story, but I became a baby instead. And what was worse, I became a baby girl in a medieval-like world!

Felicia's Second Life Side Story #1
How I Became Felicia Belphere Metrune

Prologue to Felicia's Second Life
By Shinieris

Good day, chaps. How are you faring?

I am Malcolm Stokes, Cornwall born, Cornwall bred but will probably be London dead. I am 29 years old systems analyst, with no wife, no children and presently, no girlfriend.

Not that I actually need one. All the girlfriends I've had before this have been snobs. Either that or they saw me as some kind of easy prey to milk money from. I don't want to brag, I do have a good income, but there is a limit to how much I can tolerate, I'm sure you'll understand.

That drove me to the world of 2D. In other words, manga and anime. Since then, I've been fascinated by the perfection of manga and anime girls. If there had been any women half as sweet as the 2D girl's, I'd never let them go. Unfortunately reality was never that simple or perfect. And that drove me deeper into 2D, to the point that I started to judge the women I met by the standards of 2D girls.

I did try dating during that period of time. Nothing worked. I kept comparing them with my 2D women and no matter how much I tolerated their shortcomings, the same word kept running through my mind.

Annoying.

That was what kept running through my mind every time they threw their tantrums, milked me for money or used me for their own benefit. The act itself isn't a problem, it's the atmosphere they portrayed. It would be fine if I could feel some sort of cuteness or adorableness in that, but each time the only feelings I had were bossy, selfish, ungrateful and snobbish.

Before you ask, no, I'm not gay. Just because I can't tolerate 3D women, it doesn't make me gay. And therefore apart from being friends, I had never went any further than that with men.

I'm not a very decisive person, so most of the time, I just allowed us to drift apart until they decided to dump me themselves. Sometimes I would become impatient, so I would dump them myself if I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

That was what happened just now. We were having dinner together at Burners Tavern, one of the most romantic restaurants in London. Instead of saying "how do you do" or praising the food, she launched into a tirade of how her coworker stole the promotion that according to her, should've been hers. Then she proceeded with whining about that coworker’s shortcomings while praising herself as if she were the most hardworking saint the world had ever seen.

"Let's break up," I said after dessert.

"What?" she asked dumbly.

"I said let's break up. Do I have to write a formal letter?" I repeated. I knew I sounded like a jerk, but I really couldn't care less.

So I received my 22nd splash of water or wine or juice on my face. Not that I counted. Then she left in anger while making such a big scene of pushing a waiter who was carrying another couple's food on her way out. Of course, I was billed for the food that fell on the floor as well.

Damn it, Susan, at least pay for the damage you caused before you leave!

So after that I had to walk home. Why, you ask? Because she took my keys and with that, my car too. It was stupid of me to let her drive my car. I could've gotten myself a taxi, but I quite like walking at night. Besides, my house wasn't that far.

It was when I almost reached my flat that I noticed a light shining at me. That was before it ran over me. Unlike the characters in mangas that I read, I died instantly.

The only thing that ran through my mind was that, "Oh, payback is very swift."

Was it a drunk driver? Was it my crazy ex? Was it some assassin from an unknown universe? How would I know? The next thing I knew, I was already somewhere else.

Eh? A baby?

What a cute baby. Is it a girl or a boy? Oh it's looking at me with those bright green eyes. Oh, it's trying to touch me. How cute!

I try to reach the baby's hand, but why does it feel strange? I try moving my hand, but it feels so cumbersome. So awkward. And what's with these small, short and... wait... am I a baby too?

Hold on, didn't I die?

Eh wait, please stop the spinning, I'm feeling dizzy.

The scene changes.

"Come here, Felicia. Crawl to mother," a beautiful woman kneels on the floor that is covered in some kind of fur. She speaks with a kind and gentle voice that makes me crawl towards her as if hypnotized.

"Good girl! You're such a good girl, Felicia." The woman picks me up once I reach her. She rubs her face against mine while hugging me tightly to her rather large bosom.

It feels quite good, I've never been so close to such large breasts before. Or could it be that I feel they’re big because I'm a baby?

Wait, did she call me Felicia? Isn't that kind of girly for a man's name? Did she also call me a girl? I can’t remember, I was too fixated on the boobs.

"Ah, Terrens. You're home. Good timing, please hold Felicia for me, I need to run outside. Suin is late. I need to find out what happened."

The woman who calls herself my mother shoves me into the arms of a boy who looks to be around 10 or 12 years old. He has light brown hair and electric blue eyes. He's wearing some kind of overcoat and a very thick pair of glasses. He looks very flustered as he catches me from the hands of my 'mother'.

"Mother, I can't. I-I have to study," the boy says. His arms feel so cold despite the layers of cloth between our skins.

"Oh, it's fine to take a rest sometimes, Terrens," the woman says as she ruffles his hair, "Take care of your little sisters, okay? I'm only going to be gone for a couple of hours. Lilicia is sleeping in the crib and if any of them cries for milk, there are some on the table. Don't forget to burp them."

The woman grabs something that looks like a travelling cloak, wraps it around her body and goes out into the blizzard.

Ah, no wonder the boy Terrens's skin feels so cold. It must be winter.

Terrens raises me up with his young arms until our eyes are at the same level. He looks into my eyes as I look into his, as if we're trying to reach deep into each other's souls. But in my case, I'm only looking at his eyes. They’re so clear, like glass, and their colour reminds me of expensive sapphires. It's so beautiful.

Since we're supposed to be siblings, do I have the same eyes too?

"A pity..."

Pardon?

"For you to die at such a young age. Your fate is cruel."

Well, I did die, but I wasn't at all young. Sure, I wasn't exactly old, but in the middle ages men at my age would've already had grandchildren, I'll have you know.

"Why would you come to this world, Felicia? Why would you reincarnate into this fate? Is it because you had no choice?"

Well, don't ask me such questions. How would I know?

"Or is it because only you can do this?"

What is it that I'm supposed to do, actually? What fate?

"You are my sister. Regardless of who you were before, just remember, you and Lilicia are my sisters. I will not let your fate cut your lives short. I will find a way. Before it ends, I will find a way."

Wait, life cut short? Are you saying I'm going to die young this time?

"Even if I have to make a contract with the deep spirits. Even if I will be cursed for my whole life. I will not let your fate win. You shall find happiness in this life, that is my vow as your older brother, Felicia. Lilicia too, I will not abandon you just because we have different mothers. You will both find happiness, even if it costs me my soul."

The world spins again. The feeling of Terrens's cold hands disappears from under me. Within seconds, or perhaps centuries, my body floats inside a tunnel of time. Every time the clock turns, my body ages, little by little.

Within the tunnel of time, my eyes see a boy similar to Terrens, but younger than him playing a prank on me with a spider and a dead snake.

I see a girl, who appears to be my age, who takes me by the hand and calls me Felicia. I know by instinct that this is Lilicia.

Father introduces me to three boys and a girl and tells me that they will become my friends.

Father works the family farm alongside Terrens, my other brother and some villagers. Despite being the baron, he still works at the farm like a commoner. I am a little older this time.

My first allowance. One silver for me to keep and Lilicia throwing a tantrum for not getting the silver coin as well. A maid admonishes her for being rude and they both apologize to my father.

When nobody is around. I slip the silver into Lilicia's hand and she is so happy that she hugs me. But then she returns the coin to me, while saying something that I can't hear well.

Terrens at 15, leaving home for the first time. For some reason, I can feel that it will be many years before we meet again.

I opened my eyes slowly. The first thing I noticed was the worn ceiling. I realized I was lying on a bed. A noise of wood slapping against wood caused me to turn my head to the right. The window was slapping against its frame under heavy winds. Could it be there's a hurricane outside?

I tried to get up, but my body was weak and unresponsive. As memories of my journey through the tunnel of time started to wane and disappear, I could only offer a curse for my new life, "God damn, I'm a girl!"

 

 

*Thank you for reading. As usual, your comments are greatly appreciated. Please comment, your comments make me feel all fuzzy inside and motivates me greatly.
**Many thanks to awesome Eric for proofreading this chapter so quickly again.
***I tried to make the first line somewhat British sounding, but since I'm not British, I have no clue how to do that. What I have here was a variation that Eric suggested, though he informed me he can't help me much with that. Any real British person want to have a go?

up
143 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Better life

Maybe some goddess got angry with him treating women like toys, so he get his punishment: reincarnate as a girl. And then the goddess sent Sul to pester her life when she seem to start enjoying life as a girl. Lol just my opinion only. Do not let this influence any part of your story. Hihihi

Goddess

shiinaai's picture

Who knows? You could be right, but of course, you could also be wrong. I think I'll keep it a secret for now :P

This story looks like it will

This story looks like it will really flesh out Felicia to us and I do look forward to more of it.