Doom Valley Prep School 6

Printer-friendly version

This story is being rewritten.
A new chapter will be published every 2 weeks starting on 19/07/2022.

When I finally reach this chapter again, I'll replace this message.

up
302 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hey!

How do you know what is coming next? Giggle. ;-)

“So what now?"

good question

DogSig.png

Plan B

terrynaut's picture

Don't worry, girls. I'm sure Petra will come up with an idea.

I continue to love this story. The school has Hogwarts beat by a mile.

Thanks and kudos (number 19).

- Terry

Only from the outside!

Page of Wands's picture

I don't know about you, but if I actually had to attend either of the schools, I know I'd rather take Hogwarts!

Petra can't solve everything.

Domoviye's picture

Petra can't solve everything. Then she'd be a Mary Sue and I'd have to kill her.

And I agree with Anansi, I'd rather go to Hogwarts. This school is horrifying. I could with almost no changes turn it into a depressing horror story of abusive teachers, extreme bullying and trying to stay alive in a madhouse, because it already is, just with humour instead of horror.

Goodbye Mary Sue

terrynaut's picture

Yeah. Petra obviously can't handle everything. She was turned into a girl and she can't get the crazy cat woman to give her any food. It seems as though the problem of a guide is something she could handle though. We shall see. No?

As for attending the school, no way! Of course, I meant that it was entertaining to watch... from a long distance. Yikes! *giggle*

Thanks again!

- Terry

The solution requires a woman

Domoviye's picture

The solution requires a woman's discreet touch, something Petra and Ella just don't really have.

If they had this school as a reality tv program, I'd watch it, if they asked me to go within 100km of this school I'd run away.

I think you mean discreet.

I think you mean discreet. Did any of them read the handbook about the tours? I'd bet there's something in there about tracking down their 'guides' and making them do it.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Fixed

Domoviye's picture

That will teach me to write a reply while half asleep.
As for the books, if they have anything like that, the girls haven't read it and don't have much time.
Also my way is funnier and more embarrassing for Petra.

Still hungry

Petra still has trouble using the food dispenser, the key here would be to handle it as Ivy did and just beat it out of them. As to losing their guide, they are likely better off without them as they are not being taken for a ride or robbed for a drop of information.
As the title says, I am still hungry for more story, the long wait was awful, please don't make me stare at the screen for days again. It makes me realize just how much it needs cleaning.

Sorry

Domoviye's picture

real life has my top priority for now.
How Petra deals with food comes up later, there is a plan.
As for a guide, you'll love what happens next.

The Truth

with michael talking to victor its only a matter of time before they make a move to alienate petra from her friends by revealing the truth about him/her and i wonder how they all are gonna handle it once that revelation is out in the open they might not care as its the now that matters or she could lose one or all of them as friends witch at this point would be truly devastating to poor petra

Strangely enough, with the

Strangely enough, with the story written the way it is, I doubt that'll be an issue at all. Now, the boys might try to take advantage of it, but I suspect the girls will be "Moved to the better side!". Especially with the immediate reaction afterwards - education by shoe.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Surprised if anyone would believe it

It would be surprising if they did believe it, but with the little potionier working on improving his work there may be more making a shift to the right side. So, it may come out, but Petra is a girl now to her friends and saved them from thralldom, so they likely will not care. I doubt Ivy would care at all.

We shall see

Domoviye's picture

Those two boys will be trouble, and they're smart enough to go for the throat.
Ah so many fun and evil things to do.

Not good

Renee_Heart2's picture

This doesn't look good for the girls I wonder what will happen now to them what punishment they will get for not having a leader?

Love Samantha Renee Heart

I doubt there will be a

I doubt there will be a punishment. Or rather, that not having the tour would be its own punishment. Ignorance is NOT bliss, here.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

There's a punishment. It will

Domoviye's picture

There's a punishment. It will be seen later, and it makes a lot of sense from the school perspective.

Love this story.

Right that's all I have but I eagerly look forward to more. This is excellent fun.

Thank you.

Domoviye's picture

Thank you.

Brilliant!

Christina H's picture

Wonderful story full of twists and turns and a great laugh throughout - can't wait for
the next instalment.

Christina

I wonder if Voldemort was the

I wonder if Voldemort was the principal of this school before he tried to retake Hogwarts? Seems to have the qualifications for it.
There has to be a "key" that Petra is missing regarding the dining room lady. Perhaps the handbook may have it contained within it?

Well it's a school for villains

Domoviye's picture

If he could handle having faculty that are the equal to him, and are merely working because of personal perks and their own interest he'd do ok. But he'd probably be better off as the dean of magic.

I actually haven't put too much thought into the headmaster, I have three ways I can go, and I'm not sure which would be funnier just yet. Somethng to think about for the future.

Rule change

Tas's picture

Ella's knowledge of the school is both her strength and greatest weakness. She can take advantage of knowing a lot of things, but if they change, she can find herself in a hole.

Like now for instance.

-Tas

Ah, to be a freshman. At any

Ah, to be a freshman. At any school they are looked down upon by the upper classmen, except for the rare nice one. At this school it is just more dangerous to try and befriend them, it might work or it might end up getting you killed...or worse.

Not necessarily

Domoviye's picture

If you're smart you could become their trusted minion or even a low level assistant who deals with freshmen for the senior.
Since the seniors don't care about the lower levels so much, they're usually the safest ones to deal with, the rest are worrying that you'll try to take their spot as teachers pet, steal their allies or take their equipment. Any senior who is still around, understands that if a freshman or sophomore could possibly take their stuff they don't deserve to be seniors.
Its you're fellow classmates and the class just above you, that are your worst enemies and greatest allies.

Better yet, I could see some

Better yet, I could see some seniors using the freshmen to undermine their rivals. 1) They'll be long gone when the freshman figure out how to apply the same thing to them, and 2) it'll put some in the senior's debt for _after_ graduation. 3 years later is a good time to be looking at expansion. The first 3 years after graduation would be further education, and building a base for whatever their long term goals will be.

Based on the story so far, the only true long term goal in this school is "Get out intact, with as few active enemies as possible."


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Close

Domoviye's picture

The long term goal in school is "Learn how to deal with almost any problems, without getting caught, with as few enemies as possible, and with as much loot as you can grab."

I'd say mine is closer than

I'd say mine is closer than yours. Getting out with loot is secondary to getting _out_, and active enemies is better than few enemies. It means that some of them are still enemies, but they aren't going to be a threat. I mean, a poinsettia is only a threat if you're allergic to it.

Basically, the goal is KISS. Get out, intact, and with the hope to stay that way as long as possible.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Close

Domoviye's picture

If you don't get something for your trouble, you're a failure. Even if you face overwhelming odds, just surviving isn't enough for this school. You'd better AT LEAST have learned something from it all so you don't make the same mistake again.
Anyone can be a lucky fool and survive, the best turn even defeat into future victory.

You think that surviving with

You think that surviving with the likelihood to continue to do so is not having anything? By doing that, you've already shown you have the skills to survive, intact, through a lot of nasty situations. You may HAVE gotten money, but you may have spent it on good investments - making sure that you aren't an immediate target once leaving. I don't think the lucky will make it out without having a raft of enemies - those jealous of that luck, if nothing else. They'll be busy staying alive _after_ graduation, but not necessarily with the skills to get a job with others, or the grades to go to higher education. The unlucky survivors will have made so many enemies that they probably won't make it two months after graduation, unless they manage to get a job working for someone nasty enough to protect them.

Money? It won't help much once you graduate. Remember, even if they accept a 50% casualty rate as the norm, that means that they _must_ keep 50% alive and vaguely aware.

Oh - and the dumb s*ts? Well, we saw one get hauled off by the monster under the stairs.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Not just money

Domoviye's picture

Information, allies, resources, anything can count as loot. Just surviving is a bare pass. Surviving and getting what you need is a pass. Doing it all in style is an A+.
And the survival rate is much higher than 50%. Out of a hundred students they expect to lose five to ten students through death and injuries. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Of course the amount injuries and transformations a student can take and remain is extremely high. They do have very good doctors. And if a student is unlucky even if they die they'll stay on as a student.

Oh Oh!

I can just see it now, the ghosts that haunt the school, at least a few are 'expired' students who have not yet graduated. Of course the closer you get to graduating and escaping, the more pissed it makes the ghosts who have yet to graduate since they owe the school their 'soul' so to speak!
Yeah I can't write it but that would be a good story.

I LIKE!

Domoviye's picture

I think I now have a new character idea for the future.
Thanks.

I'm glad

that my random ramblings can inspire someone, not me obviously....

Apparently, they define

Apparently, they define 'alive' as 'slime mold in a jar in the lab downstairs, for research'. So, it might still be closer to the 50% rate :)


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Only if the slime mold is

Domoviye's picture

Only if the slime mold is sentient.
Non-sentient slime molds would be considered useless, and they'd have to refund the tuition.

So, what would be the

So, what would be the punishment for the student that forced them to refund tuition? (Like the original idiot with his bug collection, who has been challenged to make his potion 80% - I mean, he's likely to be using other students...


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

It happened before they

Domoviye's picture

It happened before they reached school, so the school is blameless. They keep the tuition, as per the contract, and Micheal is warned to avoid doing that at school.

Now that Micheal is a student, he has access to test subjects, goblins, slaves, students in detention, etc.

Oh, no. I was asking what

Oh, no. I was asking what about a student that experiments on another student, and forces them to have to refund tuition?

You gotta wonder what the punishment will be.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Oh

Domoviye's picture

If its an experiment, lots of detention and paying back the school through work or body parts. Better hope you got cash or skills the school wants, because paying back the school can involve being drained of most of your blood daily for resale, being used as a mobile practice dummy in weapons class, human sacrifice (not necissarily deadly, sometimes it just requires a hanf or a kidney), etc.

Friends

She has made some good friends at the very least,

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna