SF26

Printer-friendly version

Story under construction.

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

RIP, Bryce, Atanasia...

We'll never know if Atanasia could have eventually freed herself from the effects of her former master... Was Amber right? Or was she? Was that Bryce in the end, or was it a trick from Thanatos? Amber has lots of knowledge, lots of experience, but she doesn't know everything, as the end of this chapter proves, a man lives who should not have lived beyond the awakening of the Archon who used his body as host...

Abigail Drew.

Yeah, it's a shame. I loved them both.

It was with a very heavy heart that I said goodbye to them, especially Atanasia, because I really wanted to see where I could go with her and if she'd blossom into a truly interesting character, but I'm not sure if I have room for her! As it was, she felt mostly like a foil for Amber and Courtney, and a legacy for Visnau, than her own person. Oh, and Thanatos/Bryce has always been Thanatos/Bryce, but with Thanatos mostly in control, if that makes any sense. :P

The Jahlia host will be a mystery to unfurl. After all, he was only a fetus when Jahlia took over. Now he's a grown man with an adult body and knowledge of experiences beyond his natural reasoning. It shouldn't be possible because a birth host co-develops in the womb from an embryo along with its archon, effectively becoming one being. I don't mind telling you that a fair portion of the next book will feature how it's possible, how much of Jahlia's memories and personality remain, and how a human with no mana comes to terms with his existence from the POV of a former archon lord of the universe. ;)

(Oh, it's not a big deal, but please be mindful of putting spoilers in the subject line of comments, since those show up on the main page, however briefly.)

As always, thanks for the comment!

Kara