The New Recruits Part 13

Printer-friendly version

2330 Hrs. ICU Room 606 Knoxville General Hospital, Knoxville, Tn.:
All the alarms at the nurse’s station start blaring. The nurses on duty rush towards Room 606 and when they enter, Kat is sitting up in bed and looking pissed and confused.

“Easy Mrs. Romano, you’re at Knoxville General Hospital.” Nurse Sunmer approaches Kat slowly.

“Why am I here and why does my chest hurt?” The last thing Kat remembers is walking out the back door of her office.

“Someone tried to kill you, Mrs. Romano. We had to operate and remove the bullet from your chest.” Nurse Sunmer checks Kat’s vitals and the only thing that was a little high was her blood pressure.

Kat looks around the room she was in and saw balloons, plants, and plushies sitting around the room. She could see from the way they were arranged, it had her older sisters touch to them.

“I want to call my kids when you're done.” Kat wanted to talk to her girls and husband.

“Let me get all your vitals taken care of and you can call your husband and children.” Sunmer makes sure she gets all Kat’s vitals taken care of.

Kat watches as nurse Sunmer check everything. She was worried about her children and husband.

“Your cellphone is in the drawer next to your bed. Your sister made sure it was charged.”

“Thank you.” Kat reaches over and takes her cellphone out.

She checks it and noticed it was fully charged. Kat enters her code to unlock it and speed dial Paul’s number. It rings several times but then goes straight to voice mode.

“Paul, it's me. I am awake and want to know what is going on. Love you, Kat.” Kat ends the call.

Kat speeds dials Brittney’s cellphone. She hopes her children are alright. She was worried about the twins the most.

Safe House:
Brittney was cuddled up with Crystal in bed when her cellphone starts playing Eye of theTiger. The song it was playing was the one she assigned to her mother’s number. She reaches over Crystal’s sleeping from and grabs her cellphone.

“Hello?” Brittney sits up in bed.

“Brit, are you and your siblings safe and okay?”

“We’re safe, momma. Are you feeling better?” Brittney gets out of bed and starts getting dress.

Crystal wakes up when she hears Brittney’s voice and when she gets up out of her bed. She gets out of bed as well and starts getting dress.

“I tried calling your father, but he didn’t answer. How are the twins?” Kat hated being in hospital.

“They are safe, mom. They’re still with Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Ben in Kansas. As for dad, he’s in India chasing down an assassin clan.”
Brittney spoke to her aunt and uncle the other day.

“Why is your father in India?” Kat thought she heard her daughter said Paul was in India.

“He’s in India, mom. Look, I and Crystal are on our way down to you. We’ll be there in twenty minutes.” Brittney tucks her gun behind her back.

“Alright.” Kat ends the call.

When Crystal and Brittney exit their room and was heading towards the garage. They are stopped by Dave.

“Where do you ladies think you're going?” Dave had spotted them heading towards the garage.

“My mother is awake and were heading to the hospital.”

“Well, I can’t let you go by yourselves.”

Brittney and Crystal were about to complain.

“Look, it's against the rules. Let me wake Zak and we’ll come with you.”

“Hurry up.” Brittney wanted to get to her mother.

While they waited for Dave to return, Brittney goes and grab Terry. She knows her little sister would be pissed if she didn’t see their mother. Crystal and Brittney help Terry get dress. All three women put their custom vest on.

Dave and Zak show back up and notices Terry was awake and dress as well. They also noticed that the women had their bulletproof vest on.

“Good idea.” Dave puts his vest on.

Zak grabs his as well. He couldn't let Dave protect the girls by himself.

0100 Hrs. ICU Room 606 Knoxville General Hospital, Knoxville, Tn.:
Kat couldn’t go back to sleep and wanted to get out of bed and move around. Her chest still hurt, but she needed to move around. Also, why would someone in India want to kill her? She needs to go to ABM freight to talk with Kline Dish.

If anyone would know about people trying to kill her or her family, he would. You didn’t conduct business in Knoxville, without Kline’s permission or giving him a cut of the action. The last person who conducted business in Knoxville, without giving him a cut. He disappeared permanently.

Crystal, Brittney, and Terry arrive at the hospital. The nurses on duty tried to stop them from seeing Kat. Dave had to intervene to let the three girls see Kat.

Brittney and Terry run towards Kat and hug her. Tears were coming down their cheeks as they held their mother. Terry had tears as well as sliding down her cheeks. She was happy Kat was better. Kat just holds her girls and felt her eyes misting up. She was happy to see her babies safe and sound. She glances towards Crystal, Zak and Dave as they stood at the doorway to her room.

“I think whoever tried to kill her, is in trouble now.” Dave just watches the three women.

“You don’t know the half of it. Kat knows this city better than the cops and will tear it up for whoever took the contract out on her.” Crystal
knows Kat has contacts all over the city.

If there is one person who can get to the bottom of this mess, it will be her. Crystal knows, Kat is going to go hunting and god helps anyone who gets in her way.

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hasn't anyone learned yet

Samantha Heart's picture

NEVER, NEVER. EVER piss Kat off. As THAT will be the LAST thing you'll EVER do. When Kat finds out EXACTLY WHO put the contract out on her... well..... it will be over VERY QUICK!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Wrong oh so wrong!

Jamie Lee's picture

The JA who tried to kill Kat is a walking dead person, after Kat finishes asking questions. And the interview isn't going to be pleasant. Neither is the dying.

There are some people who no one would miss if they got killed or help if they survived the attempt.

Kat is different, and not the person to only wound. But as soon as Kat is fit, the person who made the attempt will learn of their mistake.

Others have feelings too.