The New Recruits Part 20

Printer-friendly version

Terry brushes her hair out of her eyes as she watches as August lands the Lear Jet. The C-17 was landing on a different runway. She looks at her mother and wishes she was going with her. She slept with her mother last night. She may be a teenager and only have a few more years left before she heads off to law school. However, she wanted to sleep with her mother. She loved her mother very much and didn’t want to lose her.

The boys were standing with Jill and Valentina. They had on new clothes that the girls bought them last night. The girls also bought them a gym bag each filled with brand new clothes.

The boys look at the Lear Jet as it comes to a stop. They were told this morning that they were going somewhere safe. As for the other team members, they were heading to India to join the other half of their team.

August brings the Lear Jet to a stop and exits from it. She spots Kat and her family. She didn’t know who the other people were, but she figures they were working for Kat. She also spotted two young boys among them.

August walks over towards them. It’s been a while since she has seen everyone.

“So, who’s ready to go?” August knew Kat’s older brother couldn’t wait to see their nieces.

“I think all of us are, August.” Brittney looks over at her cousin.

August looks at Brittney and notices Crystal was standing nearby “so when are the two of you going to get married?”

“As soon as this case is over. We have talked about it and we want to go ahead and get married once all of this mess is over with.” Brittney has been thinking about it lately.

Kat looks at her oldest and Crystal. She knew they have been very serious, and she knew Brittney loved Crystal very much. She couldn’t hold it against them wanting to marry young. After all, August had gotten married when she was seventeen and had her baby just recently.

“Just wait until me and your father get back from India, before getting married, Brittney.” Kat walks over and hugs each girl.

“We will mom.” Brittney returns the hug.

“If everyone is ready. Those going with me, back to Kansas need to get on the Lear Jet. Those going to India, you need to head over to runway
seven and load up. Also, Kat. Rebecca loaded a fully loaded IAV Stryker for you and your team. It’s one she bought at a military auction and completely overhauled it and armed it.” August couldn’t believe her sister had sent the Stryker along.

“Damn! Aunt Becca is loading you and the others up mom.” Brittney looks at her mother.

“That’s only a small thing she sent. You should see what we have bought lately and what we are working on right now.” Special orders for
restored military vehicles have increased.

“Well, when I get back from India. I’ll take a look at what my sister has been up too.”

Kat walks over and gives each of her girls a hug. She looks at them “you two look out for each other and the rest as well.”

“We will mom.” Brittney returns the hug.

Terry steps up and hugs her mother as well. She hates seeing her mother going off by herself. She hopes everything works out.

Kat walks over to the two boys “when you two get to Kansas, my older brother and his wife will be there waiting for you two. You can trust them. My brother is a firefighter and his wife is a nurse.” She hugs each boy.

“Is your brother like you?” Teddy was curious.

“No, he is a normal person like you and everyone else. I and my sister are the only ones that we know of.”

“Is your sister like you?” Teddy watches Kat’s face.

“Let me show you what she looks like.” Kat looks up and over towards August.

“Hey August, can you come over here and show Teddy a picture of your sister?”

“Sure.” August walks over to Kat and Teddy.

“Teddy, this is August and she is Rebecca’s little sister.”

Teddy looks in August as she stood near them. She was the pilot of the Jet. She brings up a picture of herself, her husband, Rebecca and her
husband on her phone.

“See, she’s a mouse lady and August older sister. You’ll like her Teddy.” Kat had a smile on her face.

Teddy looks at August and then back at the cellphone “is she your sister?”

“Yep, she took me in off the street, taught me a trade and adopted me as her sister. That’s my husband standing next to me and that’s her
husband, Lev. He drives an eighteen-wheeler.” August knew how much Lev enjoyed driving trucks.

“He’s a truck driver?” Jeff liked eighteen-wheelers.

“Yep. When we arrive, why don’t I ask him to show you his trucks.” August figures Lev could help heal the boy.

“Okay.” Jeff would love to see the trucks.

“Alright, everyone into the jet.” August walks the boys to the Lear jet.

Kat watches as August gets everyone loaded onto the Lear Jet. She waves good-bye to her girls and the boys. Once they were loaded and taxiing down the runway “let’s go guys.”

They head towards the C-17. They are met by Butch’s loadmaster at the ramp.

“You must be, Kat.”

Kat spots a tall bald head, a muscular guy standing on the ramp leading into the C-17. He had a light tan to his skin. He had on a black t-shirt
that had Worldwide Transport on the left-hand side of it. He had on a pair of black BDU pants and black military-style boots.

“That I am. What’s your name?” Kat stops on the ramp.

“Mansur Bolivia. I work for Butch and his wife.” Mansur was watching Kat’s reactions.

“Okay. So, how long are we looking at for flight time?” Kat wonders how they were going to be in the air.

“Around twenty hours. So, you might as well make yourself comfortable.” Mansur heads back up the ramp and starts closing it.

Stanley and the rest of the guys sit down on the jump seats. They haven’t been on a plane this big before. They watch as Mansur walks over to an intercom unit.

“We’re ready to take off.”

“Roger.”

Mansur looks at everyone “better buckle in, people.”

Everyone hears the engines as they power up to take off.

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

20 hours on a military cargo plane

Samantha Heart's picture

Its going to be a uncomfortable 20 hours on board. Those seats are NOT ment for comfort from what I've seen. They are not air linecseats but folding jump seats.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

seats

mountaindrake's picture

If you are lucky the have been refitted with web seats still not a good ride for 20 hours.

Have a good day and enjoy life.

Boys finally truly safe

Jamie Lee's picture

Teddy and Jeff are finally truly safe where they're going. But for the two, it'll be a long haul to get back to what's normal for them. They will need counseling to help them learn to deal what's been done to them. And what about Marcus or the other boys Frank messed with?

After spending twenty hours in that C-17 they will be glad when they finally land. The drone of the engines, and vibration, will make the flight a pain.

But, some scum bags have a lesson to learn, and those heading that way will be the teachers.

Others have feelings too.

Amazing!

I’ll be in the Gulf Stream. . . . / . . . August lands the Lear Jet.

Amazing! A transformer biz jet! ;-)
It's FM!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin