Ladies Invitational

Printer-friendly version

Ladies Invitational

This is a sequel to “Golfing with Mom.” That being said, a quick synopsis reveals that Danny, now called Didi, will be golfing in the Ladies Invitational golf tournament with her mom, Joanne, who was one of the best golfers. Didi’s new best friend and neighbor Sandy had introduced Danny to playing princess with her and now Didi can’t get enough girl time. Joanne told Didi she would support her decision to become her daughter for as long as she wanted.

On the Thursday before the weekend tournament, Didi, along with her best friend Sandy, were dressed up like Princess Elsa and Cinderella. They were doing so to help Midge, the owner of the Beauty Emporium show off new hair and nail styles for the upcoming prom season. They were excited about this experience to help out Midge. And they were Princesses once again! “Hello everyone,” Didi announced to the moms, “I want to introduce you to my best friend, Cinderella.”

They made it to Midge’s by 7am and were told they would be getting an up-do. They had slept with their hair put up in big rollers to do the sophisticated sets. Sandy and Didi then had ‘princess tiara’s’ woven into their hair. After a glamour makeover, Sandy was once again Cinderella to Didi’s Elsa. They both had on sparkly tights and high heels underneath and they were having the time of their young lives.

The Beauty Emporium was ground zero for all serious Prom Queen aspirations. “Sandy, I’m so happy they are keeping our Princess theme.” There must have been twenty or more ‘Prom’ enthusiasts for Sandy and Didi to help. They had quickly become best friends and Sandy helped Didi with everything. She couldn’t wait to golf with her mom tomorrow. But now Didi knew that her BFF Sandy was her best friend forever and ever. And Didi loved that more than anything else.

All day long Sandy and Didi showed the customers their nails and up-do’s. Most of the girls loved both Didi’s nails and Sandy’s nails, but had a hard time deciding which to choose. Gigi the manicurist was ecstatic to be booked solid for the next two weeks.

Midge’s book also filled up quickly. But she had a big surprise for Sandy and Didi. Everyone took a short break to have a sandwich around noon. Midge asked Sandy if she wanted to play in the Woman’s Invitational with her. Sandy’s mom wasn’t a golfer and Didi had bragged to Midge how her best friend Sandy was a wonderful golfer too. Sandy and Didi were squealing and hugging and jumping up and down before Midge regained control. “We have a lot of work to do today to get ready for the weekend, Sandy.”

Midge and Sandy left to get whatever they needed, so Didi was left on solo Princess Patrol at the Beauty Emporium. The next two clients to come in were friends of Didi’s sister Kat. Yikes! Emily and Jane both lived nearby as well. “Hi and welcome to the Beauty Emporium. My name is Elsa. Would you please sign in at our desk?” They signed in with Lindsay but then turned back to Didi. “Do you know what happened to Kat and Debbie?” “Yes, let’s have a seat.” Didi explained that Kat and Debbie were on vacation in Florida with their Dad and would be back soon.

“We were so worried about them. We heard that they had been abducted.” “Wow! I heard that too.” hahaha. Didi took them back to Gigi, thinking she had just avoided a catastrophe. Geez, Didi thought to herself, abducted? By whom? Aliens? Is that a blond thing? hahaha

The rest of the afternoon went fine. Mom picked Didi up to bring her home just as she thought her brain was going to explode from hearing one more ‘boy’ story. Mom laughed at Didi’s sensory overload. “Oh Didi, you are so silly. I just love you.”

The next morning was the best in Didi’s young life. She woke up snuggled up next to her mom with her hair up in curlers. “Let’s go, sleepyhead, she exclaimed! We have a golf tournament to win.” Fortunately, Gigi had changed Didi’s ‘dagger’ nails to a shorter ‘almond’ shape yesterday. Thank goodness for that. Golfing with long nails is not an easy thing to do. Soon Didi was dressed in her bra and panties with her matching golf shorts and top with sparkly tennis shoes.

Joanne was also dressed and ready to go. They both wore matching zebra styled tops. Joanne’s top was gathered at the sides, while Didi’s matched but was more of a crop top. Mom’s surprise for Didi had taken place yesterday after leaving the Beauty Emporium. Her mom took Didi to the ‘Piercing Pagoda’ and let Didi get her ‘outie’ pierced. She had a silver hoop with a ruby circling that looked awesome. Joanne was fit and looked spectacular in her culottes. They had a quiet breakfast and took their ‘girl pills’ together. “Mom, I love having my nails looking so nice. Does that seem strange to you?”

“Didi, my best friend Diane and I used to try to let our nails grow when we were your age. But our nails kept breaking off. We wanted to use our mom’s polish so badly, but our nails never looked good enough. Now that you and Sandy have acrylic nails, you can let your nails get longer. This is a good length for golf and soccer, but you and Sandy can experiment with your nails this summer. Midge and Gigi said they would show you and Sandy how to keep your nails looking spectacular.” Joanne asked Didi if she would talk to her every day about how she felt. Didi loved talking to her mom and told her she would be glad to share.

“Didi, we are going to see Dr. Connor, our gynecologist, next week for your checkup and to review your hormone levels before you go to soccer camp with Sandy.”

I don’t think it would be possible for two women to be more proud, walking into the golf tournament looking alike. Didi’s mom had even let her use her the breast pump that morning. She had some of the cream to prevent stretch marks for Didi afterwards as well. They saw Sandy and soon were hugging. “I love you BFF. I hope you win,” she told Sandy. Sandy gave Didi a wink and then showed her brand new golf clubs. “Those are awesome girlfriend, you deserve them.”

After all the pleasantries of meeting several of the other golfers, Didi’s mom took her to the practice green. “Didi, you need to play your best today. We are playing against your father’s ‘friends,’ Bev and Sue, and I mean to decimate them!” Didi thought this was just a golf tournament, but now knew the stakes were much higher for her mom. Didi had been doing her best to be ‘just a girl’ but now all bets were off. She was going to show her mom how much she could count on her.

Didi and Joanne shook hands with their opponents and went to the first tee. Bev and Sue won the honors and teed off first. The first hole was a par 5, 400 yds, with a severe dogleg right. Bev and Sue were chuckling as they teed up to start play. The format let everyone tee off, then each team would select their best shot and then alternate shots to the finish. Bev and Sue were both good golfers and hit their shots to the crook of the dogleg. Joanne hit a similar shot. While their competitors were waiting for Didi to hit her tee shot her mom told them Didi would be teeing off from the junior tees. Didi hit the ball squarely in the middle of her driver and it ended up just 60 yards from the green. Bev and Sue were over 180 yards away and decided to lay up.

While Bev and Sue were talking about whether to hit a bump and run or a pitch, Joanne nestled a soft little pitch to within 3 feet, which Didi promptly putted in. Now they were at least one and probably two or possibly three strokes up after the first hole.

As they walked to the second tee Jo handed Didi her lipstick and said to ‘freshen up.” They were pretty intimidating standing there together, with their red lips glowing. Since they teed off first now, Jo said to hit their tee shots to the left side of the fairway. They were pretty close together but Bev and Sue were on the opposite side, totally blocked by the pine trees. Sue used Bev’s tee shot but all she could do was to punch out into the fairway. Jo used Didi’s drive to hit her wedge onto the green and Didi promptly sunk the comeback putt. Jo gave her daughter a big hug and kiss right on the lips and said she was her favorite daughter ever. Bev and Sue were now down 5 strokes and would never recover. Didi felt sorry for them, but Jo said now was the time to step on their throat. No mercy, no prisoners.

The next hole was a short par 3. Jo told Didi that from now on, Didi was always going to tee off first for the team. Didi didn’t realize that it was quite intimidating to have a little girl hit the ball so well. Jo hit her shot just off the green. She suggested for Didi to putt the ball instead of chipping. Didi remembered the golf pro Brooke’s lesson and noticed that the green was shiny toward the hole. Even though they were over 50 feet away, she just gave the ball a little tap. The ball looked like it was about to stop rolling, but kept going. When it finally stopped, it was less than an inch from the hole. Jo tapped in and their opponents looked ashen. At the ‘turn’ mother and daughter split a hot dog. After they made a quick stop in the restroom Jo made sure her daughters red lipstick looked perfect.

When they stepped up to the 10th hole with a commanding lead on her Mom’s two antagonists, Didi felt that her and her mom were getting even closer. She started to understood why Joanne wanted to keep thumping these two ladies. Didi hit her best drive of the day just to let their opponents know there was to be no let up. Jo followed that up with another magnificent pitch shot within ten feet. Didi just wanted her mom to be proud of her and hit a true putt that found the bottom of the cup. They had just picked up another stroke and Jo was again hugging Didi and told her how much that she loved her.

The 11th hole was special for Didi. It was the hole that she had hit the shot that had come very close to a hole-in-one. Even though it was a 200 yard par three, she knew the green had a severe slope from left to right with a false front. Didi hit her driver and it eventually rolled onto the green. She was excited and jumping around. As Jo and Didi walked to the green, they could see her ball was about 15 feet away. Joanne gave her daughter a wink and said they were going to put them down. Didi grabbed her putter, even though she thought she would not be needing it. Didi helped her mom read the big break and then Jo hit a great putt that eventually found the bottom of the hole.” That put them up by six. Didi could tell there was not going to be any let up for these two from her mom.

As they walked to the next tee, Didi asked her mom if she thought she was a good enough daughter for her? She knew she wasn’t a real girl, but loved being with her mom. “Mom, I wish I was your real daughter.” “Didi, you are the best daughter I could ever imagine.” Didi could be seen holding mom’s hand the rest of our round. Sue and Bev were suitably dispatched to the end of the pack. Joanne took Didi to the locker room to get cleaned up. She said they were going to see Brooke again. Brooke had watched them play and wanted Didi to slightly alter her swing. “Didi, when you use your upper body and hips, your swing becomes a thing of beauty. You need to think more about the way you swivel your hips and chest. “Brooke, I appreciate all of your advice. I have a question for you. I like putting with my longer nails. Do you think that helps me with longer putts or shorter putts?”

Brooke smiled at Didi and told her to hold out her hand. Then she put her hand on Didi’s and told her to grab the putter and close her eyes. As they held the putter together, Didi could feel her presence. Brooke told her to keep her eyes closed and lined up the putt. Brooke showed Didi how to putt with her eyes closed to help with distance control. “Didi, try closing your eyes and putting this long 50’ putt.” After Didi tried a few times she could feel her sense of touch getting more acute. She tried to feel like she was Brooke when attempting the putts and thought she was beginning to catch on.

Sandy caught up with Didi in the clubhouse. She had played tremendously, just as Didi had assured Midge she would. Sandy was so excited about even actually playing in the tournament. She was rapidly recalling her shots to them. After the first day, Joanne and Didi were in third place while Sandy and Midge were in eighth. They all sat in the clubhouse sipping lemonade while the other golfers finished. Jo and Midge held a running commentary on the finishing foursomes. Sandy and Didi were also doing a commentary, but theirs was on the fashion sense of the couples. It was great fun. Joanne and Midge made sure the girls were not bothering anyone, but they kept laughing at their antics.

After they left the course, the moms took everyone back to their favorite Italian restaurant. Joanne and Midge had the waiters looking out for the girls the whole evening. Didi loved watching Sandy flirt with the waiter. She had zero interest in him, but learned a lot while watching Sandy flirt. Didi held Sandy’s hand while she talked and felt a connection with her like never before. When they were leaving Sandy again told Didi that she would always, always be her BFF.

The next day was the finishing round for the tournament. Joanne had another special outfit for the two of them to wear. Didi saw her lacy bra was like her mom’s and she also had culottes to wear! Her mom told her that they were like sisters and wanted them to do their best. Joanne told Didi that if anyone bothered her, to tell them to talk to my sister! That was her.

Didi and her mom teed off in the top foursome. The top four groups would play as one. Joanne had a big smile on her face as she told Didi about the other groups. The first group was the perennial winner, with two of the top women in the club playing together.

Their group also included two of the more obstinate women. They wanted to win, but didn’t have the short game to make it over the top. Both were similar strong golfers, but they were so similar in style that they couldn’t get any advantage. Joanne said to be nice to them, but they weren’t going to be a challenge. The last group had two of the younger golfers playing together. They could outdrive the rest of them, but they didn’t seem to have the focus needed to win.

After the customary first tee shot, they were back on the first hole with a long shot to the green. Her mom asked Didi to hit the shot. She told Didi to just think about all of the fairway woods that she had hit at home. Didi took her 3 wood and hit the ball just off to the side of the green. Mom and daughter were now hugging extensively on each and every shot. This shot was no exception.

Didi’s mom made a perfect lag putt that ended up15” below the hole that Didi made easily. After the first hole, they were one up on the rest of the group. The other had all bogeyed to start the round.

Didi was mesmerized by her mom. She was like a tigress on the prowl now that they were in the lead. Jo hit her shot on the par 3 to within 10 feet, then Didi made the putt and were now two up on the field. They had a short par 5 next, and with Didi’s junior tee advantage, they were well within her mom’s range on their second shot. Jo made another great approach shot that Didi sank. Their opponents also birdied the hole, but now Jo was setting the pace and the momentum had shifted squarely to their side.

Mom and Didi stayed to themselves as the round continued. At the turn, they had held their own and were now one stroke within the overall lead. They had a short stop so Joanne and Didi made their way to the ladies room. “Didi, we are over our period now. Do you feel ready to win the tournament?” “Mom, I think I can do anything with you. What do I need to start our back side with?”

The ‘back side’ or second nine was a bit more treacherous than the front. It was lined by a lush line of hardwood trees that penalized errant shots. The other teams had recovered from the thrashing from Joanne and Didi on the front side and were raring to go.

The 10th hole was the opposite of the first hole. It was a dogleg to the left with water on the right. All of the ladies hit their shot, then they moved up to the junior tee. And now the gamesmanship began. Her mom had warned Didi about expecting the remarks from our opponents, but it was still a little intimidating. “Didi, don’t worry about the water.” “Didi, don’t hit the ball too far or you won’t have a second shot.” “Didi, just keep your head down and don’t worry where the ball goes.” Didi felt herself getting a little belligerent. “Don’t worry about me, my mom told me where to hit the ball.” She then hit a perfect drive just at the corner of the water that bounded up near the green. As she turned to high five her mom, she saw the look of defeat in the other women’s eyes. Didi never saw her mom so proud of her as she did in that instant.

Now that they had the lead, Jo and Didi were playing for pars, and birdies when they could. It was like a walk in the park. They had fun helping each other. They didn’t think there could be anything better than this. Joanne took a lot of pride in watching Didi tee off on the long holes and beating the other ladies. As they headed to the clubhouse for the final hole, Didi’s mom told her to be on the lookout. They were now on the last hole of the tournament. They had the honors so Didi teed off first. Didi’s estrogen must have been pumping because that was her longest drive of the day. Her mom hit the next shot just next to the green. Didi chipped it close and then her mom sunk the final putt. When Joanne turned around to give her daughter a big hug, Didi realized this was more than just a tournament to her. She was letting the whole community know that she was in charge. Didi loved being her daughter.

Sandy and Midge came in 3rd place and they were all ecstatic. They went home to get changed for the banquet. Midge and Sandy came with Jo and Didi and soon Sandy's mom Carol was there too. Sandy and Didi sat in awe, listening to the other ladies description of their golfing abilities. Didi thought she understood golf, but this was a whole new level. They were talking about chipping and putting and short putts and long putts. But the most interesting part was when they were talking about the pressure of the short putts. They said that Sandy and Didi had nerves of steel. Brooke was there and she said she was looking forward to Sandy and Didi playing in their junior golf tournaments.

Now that the tournament was finally over, the fun part began. The banquet was the talk of the town and a large group of Beauty Emporium clients would be there. Joanne, Carol, Midge, Sandy and Didi had to get ready for the ball. Sandy and Didi had matching outfits and Midge’s salon had their nails looking spectacular. They were having the time of their life and Brooke was nearby, telling everyone that her junior program was going to have a great summer, led by Sandy and Didi. Brooke was quickly bonding with Didi and Sandy. She saw her younger self in them and wanted to make sure they were safe. Joanne told Brooke that Didi and Sandy had soccer camp next week, but after that, they would be her dedicated golfers for the summer.

Didi had so much fun dressing up for the banquet. Her mom helped her with a little makeup. She was on Cloud 9 walking in to the club with her mom wearing her kitten heels.

Sandy immediately pulled Didi aside and told her that Jason and Peter were here. Didi didn’t know what that meant. Sandy said she was going to dance with Jason. She needed Didi to be her wingwoman. “I’ll do whatever you need me to do. What should I do?” Sandy said just to keep Peter occupied for a while. Didi asked her mom how to keep a boy occupied. She told her mom she was Sandy’s wingwoman and didn’t want to let her down. Joanne smiled at her rapidly growing up daughter. “There are two things to remember Didi. First, do not let anyone touch you. Second, have fun.”

What advice! Didi felt she was on a secret mission to help her BFF. She thought that she needed to talk to Peter in order to get closer to Sandy and Jason. “Hi Peter, are you a golfer?” Peter was a bit shy and just nodded to acknowledge his interest in the sport. “I’m not really a golfer, I’m more of a baseball player.” Didi said that was all right and suggested getting some punch. Joanne kept a sharp eye on Didi and gave her a little finger wave when Didi looked over. Didi wanted to be the best wingwoman ever for her BFF and dragged Peter on to the dance floor. Peter was in a state of bliss. He had never even talked to a girl before, but now he was dancing with the most beautiful girl at the banquet. Didi remembered her mom’s warning and kept her distance.

When the night was done, Didi had been the best wingwoman ever. Joanne kept her eye on Didi the whole night and knew that Didi was here to stay. She needed to make sure her ‘conditions’ were in place before John and the girls returned home. “Didi, let’s get to bed, tomorrow is Sunday and you can sleep in.” “Mom, can I sleep with you tonight? I just want to be near you. You are my idol, I want to be just like you.” Joanne was trying hard not to cry, but was not winning that battle. “Of course you can, my precious Didi.”

When mother and daughter woke up Sunday, they were reliving the previous day’s sensational shots, between tickling each other. “Didi, you know that those boys were amazed by your skills, don’t you?” “Oh, mom, I was just keeping close to Sandy in case she needed me.”

“Didi, today is our last day together. Before you start in your soccer camp tomorrow with Sandy and I start back in nursing, we are going to have a fun girls day together.”

“Mom, I love you, but how do I get to be more like you?” Didi was feeling more like a girl and didn’t want her time with her mom to end.

Sandy and Didi were the best at soccer camp. Didi wondered how she could keep up with Sandy, but the two of them were dynamite together. Didi was faster, but Sandy was a goal scorer. Didi loved to race her opponents to the end, only to turn and set up Sandy to smash it in. When Didi was getting ready for soccer, Joanne let her know that she had to keep her modesty. Didi had no idea what that meant, but she would never lose her modesty.

When the awards were handed out at soccer camp, Didi was most proud of being Miss Congeniality. Joanne knew that Didi had exceptional physical skills, but the fact that the other girls liked her personality gave Joanne a confidence to keep moving forward. Next week, John, and her other daughters would be back home. How they acted would determine how long they would stay. Didi was number 1 on the pecking list, if John or the other girls didn’t like it, they wouldn’t last.

Didi and Sandy had made plans to go to the community pool again. Sandy, for some sad reason, was fixated on Jason. Didi knew he was a jerk, but wasn’t going to leave her wingwoman. Didi would be there through the bad times (Jason was a dick) and the good times. “Thank god Jason is gone.” When Sandy mentioned how long Didi’s nails had gotten, Didi beamed with pride.

Sandy and Didi were scheduled for junior golf with Brooke tomorrow. Joanne was starting her first real rounds tomorrow at the hospital. Joanne told Didi that she would be starting her second period tomorrow with Sandy, and to be prepared. Sandy actually spent the night with Didi and shared their period together. As Sandy promised, she told Didi how she felt a little fatter and unattractive when her period was arriving. Didi looked at her friend and didn’t see the difference and told Sandy she was just hallucinating, hahaha.

Sandy didn’t know what to make of her new BFF. She knew that several days ago, she was golfing with Danny. Danny was the funniest guy she had ever met and showed her how to golf as well. Initially, Sandy had no interest in golf, but liked her friend’s brother. When Sandy asked Danny to help her golf, she took on a new relevance in Didi’s life. Didi was now totally focused on helping Sandy, regardless of her own hormonal issues.

The next day was Monday and that meant Didi and Sandy would be immersed in the junior golf program. It also meant that John, Kat and Debbie would be back that night. Didi went to bed early, not just because she would be up early to start in the junior golf program. She knew that as a girl, she would have to work harder than ever before to be considered equal to her peers.

Monday was pivotal. Joanne had made it clear to John that she had conditions that had to be adhered to. First, Joanne said that she knew about John’s indiscretion with his former assistant. She told him that would never, ever happen again. When she looked him straight in the eye, he knew that is what he deserved.

Didi was excited about the upcoming junior golf program. But she was more concerned about the derision that she knew she was going to get from her sisters. Even though Didi had been born a boy, she was the most girly girl of anyone Sandy knew.

When Kat and Debbie arrived home on Sunday night with their dad, Didi was in her room. Didi didn’t want to hear the inevitable derisive comments about looking like a girl. The next morning, Didi was up early to get ready for junior golf. She was surprised at seeing her sisters in the kitchen. “Didi, Debbie and I are here to support you” Kat said. “We like our new sister and will be by your side.” Didi loved the idea of sister support and said, “I love you Kat, and I love being a daughter to our fantastic mom.”

Didi didn’t quite understand the seriousness of the situation. Kat and Debbie were on a very short leash. John had only needed one transgression to send him back to the abyss. When Didi was satisfied regarding the last activity with Kat, she said they would help each other. If Kat or Debbie said one thing or gossiped with their friends, they would be back in Florida, being homeschooled by their grandparents. Naturally, Didi, Sandy, and Kat and Debbie became best friends.

They all got a surprise when Didi’s mom told them that Didi was going to be moved ahead to Kat and Sandy’s class in school. There was no chance of Didi presenting as anything other than a young lady and with her maturity, Joanne wanted Didi to experience the fashion and home economic classes.

Didi was thrilled to be in classes with her BFF and looking forward to the challenge of moving ahead one grade. Danny’s former classmates were told that Danny was not coming back to this school, which was the truth.

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

300 read's no coment?

you did write a nice story. continuo it this way

Thanks for the comments

Dee Sylvan's picture

Feedback is important for any author but not expected. I enjoyed writing this story.

DeeDee

Yes

Please continue this story.