Mom's fault

Printer-friendly version

 

Note to readers. Don't read if you don't like poor grammar, this is rough.
This is a work of adult fiction. No resemblance to reality should be inferred or expected.
Copyright… are you kidding?

Edited by Amanda Lynn.

 

I’m back in school and I’m trying to repair that damage my dad did. Mom and my sis, Dea has been backing him up, too.

The whole family’s like “Why not?” I chaperoned Dea as her sis at the kids’ dance party and was invited by Oscar to the junior dance!

So, like I said, I’m back to school and I’m confused cuz I don’t know who I am anymore. Oscar knows me as a girl. But I am a boy. My ID says so.

I wear to school the same things I wore last year, and those are jeans and a tee. Shorts are not allowed. Dresses and skirts are allowed but only Cheerleaders wear skirts. And so do fashion chicks. I’m neither. So I wear jeans and a tee. Like all the other boys and girls.

Most girls have their hair long, but I don’t. Their jeans are skin tight, but mine are loose. Their tees are skin tight and cropped, but mine are loose and long. My tees are oversized cuz I’m waiting for a growth spurt to start any moment now. It doesn’t start. Oh, well, I’m wearing jeans. In my shorts, I look like I’m wearing a dress in an oversized tee.

I’m at school, and I expect Oscar to approach me but he’s busy with his pals. They are all busy with their faces glued to their smartphones, like the rest of the student body.

I don’t have a smartphone. Well, I have it but it’s in my backpack because I don’t have any friends to communicate with.

The bell rings and we are ushered in to the assembly. This school board lady talks about their goals blah-blah-blah, then our goals blah-blah-blah, and returning to Christian values blah-blah-blah. Then principal talks about returning to Christian values. At last the president of the student body talks also, blah-blah-blah. We all are bored to death and ready to commit a mass-suicide.

The bell rings and we go to our homerooms. The kids are the same as the year before. The teacher does some little talk, a couple of new students are introduced and we are dismissed to our classes.

Everything goes as the year before. I’m the invisible loner like a few other kids. We don’t form a clique cuz cliques attract attention.

Days go by filled with some boring classes with no one paying too much attention to me, when one day the math teacher motions for me to come to his desk.

“Principal wants to see you,” Mr. Pearson says and handles me a hall-pass.

The principal isn’t a buddy students want to communicate with. The Councilors are the ones that usually communicate with the students and sometimes VP. The principal is like a last resort.

I’m in the office’ waiting area. The secretary is typing something into her pc.

“Sally?” she asks turning her stare to me.

I nod my head “Yes”. Usually, the staff calls us by our last names with the preceding title. Teachers are more familiar with us calling us by first and last name. Like Solomon Borlaw in my case. It’s Sally Borlaw recently for some unknown reason.

“Mr. Burchard is waiting for you,” she says.

I rap at the door and wait till I hear “Enter!”

I enter the office and say “Hello”.

“Ok, I’ll get right to the point,” the principal starts. “Have you read the student guide book?” he asks.

“Yes, I have.”

“Sure you have,” Mr. Burchard states. “They're only a few dress-code rules and you managed to break one of them.”

I look down at myself and I don’t see anything out of place. Shirt, jeans, trainers – everything clean and trim.

“Are you wearing a bra?” he asks out of the blue.

“No, I’m not,” I try to stay calm. “Why would I?”

“WHY-WOULD-YOU?” The principal is raising his voice and he almost screams the last word.

I’m not used to anyone screaming at me. His rage makes tears well in my eyes.

“School board indicates returning to Christian values and there we have IT – our student comes COMMANDO to our school.”

My lower lip quivers but I manage to say, “I don’t have…”

“Don’t say you don’t have,” he snaps.

He throws the colorful glossy magazine in my direction.

He leans over the table and grabs the magazine and opens it. At centerfold there is a title “Tomboy defeated” and there are images of me in a dress and another in lavender tee and black skirt. That black skirt looks good on me while my ass in it looks something round and…

“You lied to school and registered yourself as a boy,” he says a little more calmly now, “while your mother states in this paper you’re her tomboy daughter. That’s the first major offense. All girls have to wear bras. And you wear one in those pictures but you don’t wear one to school. That’s the second major offense.”

Well… He’s right in that bra’s strap is visible under the shirt and the dress in pics with me but there…

“We have two major offenses here not only in one day but committed constantly in last week,” the principal says. “According to school board instructions I have no other choice… I have to paddle you.”

He extracts an enormous paddle from under his desk. It’s gigantic and heavy. Maybe two feet long. With three holes drilled in it.

“I need you in my office, Ms. Kent,” he says into his phone and the secretary enters the office.

“You’ll be an official witness of student discipline,” the principal says to her.

“Bend over the desk,” he instructs me.

There is a sound like “whoosh-crAck” and sharp pain shots in my butt.

“One,” I hear secretary count. Tears start rolling down my cheek. I bite my lower lip and try not to scream.

Then there is another “whoosh-crAck”…

“Two,” the secretary counts and then “whoosh-crAck” again and she says, “three.”

Tears are flowing and I am bawling. Secretary takes me in her arms and consoles me.

I calm down and the principal says, “I’m against cp but the new School Board’s instructions are very clear and there is not much I can do about it. You may be proud that you are the first student paddled in twenty-six years in this school. I understand if you hate it but you are kind of famous here.”

The secretary leads me back to the waiting area and I wait for her to fill out some forms while I’m rubbing my burning ass.

She handles me a pink slip of paper and another hall-pass, “Go to the nurse’s office. She has to sign your punishment slip. Then come back to the office.”

I go down the corridors to the nurse's office. The classes are still on and the corridor is empty.

I hand the slip to the nurse and expect to take it back and return it to the office immediately.

“Paddled? Oh…!”

She looks me up and down.

“What for?” she asks mischievously.

“Dress-code violation,” I reply. I don’t want to discuss what happened and HOW it happened and WHY. I say that’s what’s written on the slip in the field “Reason”.

“It’s high time,” she says. “Those tomboys are completely insolent nowadays.”

She takes the same glossy magazine from her drawer and opens it where my pics are.

“It’s definitely your color,” she states with her finger indicating my pic in the dress.

“Back to the business, dear,” the nurse says. “I have to inspect the damage. Come nearer and turn around.”

She keeps my shirt raised.

“Lower your pants.”

I unbuckle my jeans and lower them.

“Panties too.”

I pull my briefs down a little.

Maybe I should have pulled them even lower and show her that I’m a boy. But I’m embarrassed already. I have had enough shame for one day. It’s all mom’s fault, not mine.

The bell rings and I hear the noise of students filling the hallways.

“You have one cute butt,” she says, “I don’t understand why are you hiding behind those drab rags.”

There is a rap at the door and it opens without the nurse’s answer. I turn my head backward and there is girl’s head in the door crack.

“May I?” the head asks.

“Come in Becky,” the nurse says. “The same irregular periods?”

The girl enters and she is blushing as red as a ripe tomato.

“Don’t worry sweetie, only us girls here,” the nurse says and handles the girl sanitary pads.

“What happened to Sally?” girl asks.

My pants are still lowered with my paddled butt exposed. I’m afraid to move and cause pants drop to the floor. I feel alien and I don’t want to be here. I’m blushing like crazy.

“Tomboy has got prosecuted for tomboyishness at last, in this school,” the nurse explains.

“Oh, I’m so sorry for you, Sally,” Becky murmurs.

She hesitates about hugging me. Then she hurries out. The bell rings again and the noise in the hallways dies.

The nurse examines the marks on my bum. She touches my butt with her finger.

“Oh, I feel the heat still,” she says. “There is no damage to the vital functions though. Just a healthy rosy color. I expect your daddy will spank you when he gets home.”

“WHAT?”

“In my days…”

I remember her celebrating sixty years the last winter. Then her days were some fifty years ago.

“In my days,” she says with some longing in her voice. “The student bringing home the pink punishment slip could expect a thorough strapping from their father.”

“What? Why?”

“Never mind,” she says and handles me the signed slip. “It’s a different time now. O tempora, o mores!

I’m back to the office with the signed slip and my mom here. Mom signs the slip and then signs the journal. She takes my hand in hers and leads me to the parking lot.

“How do you feel?” she asks me when we are already in the car.

“It hurts,” I say.

“That’s good. I hope you have learned your lesson.”

“What lesson?”

“Don’t forget to put your bra on.”

“Why would I? Has everybody gone crazy today? I AM A BOY, MOM!”

“I know. You’re my son for sixteen years. The never happy sulking boy all those sixteen years. Yes, I remember. Sixteen years is like a sentence for homicide. Until ten days ago, once you were my daughter, there was happiness in your eyes. The spark I have never seen before. You weren’t acting.”

“Well… Uh-huh…” what can I say here? She’s right about the happiness though.

“How? Well… My ID and… If I’m a girl I don’t want this here,” I look down to my groin.

Mom follows my stare.

“With all modern techniques and a little money we may hide what you don’t want to see. No worries, no surgery here. Other specialists will help with your feelings. If you still have the will to do so – and your ID too.”

I hug mom and tears are rolling down my cheeks again.

“I love you, mom.”

“I love you too sweetie.”

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Needs to be continued

SammyC's picture

You’re committed now! We need to see Sally thru to college at least. LOL. No, really, like Sally, this is too cute to drop and leave readers unfulfilled. You’ve been properly admonished. Otherwise it’s cp. Three...no make it four whacks on the bum. Hee hee.

Sammy

Thru college? Oh my!

I'm not sure I'll make so much. I may try. To the end of the school year. Will it work?

In The US

There is a constitutional separation of church and state. School Board often implies a school aided by the government, but maybe it's not in the US. Christian often implies some connection with a Jew sometimes called Jesus or something similar, but my Sunday school education must have skipped the part where large adults are supposed to beat small children.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Me too

I mean me too can say "I'm old enough". Or "In my days" like that nurse.

Values

It's about values, not beliefs. Usually, atheists and Jews are ok with Christian values.

Christian values

Not at all. No Jew or atheist I know would be okay with a public (state) school enforcing "Christian values." A First Amendment lawsuit would be on its way. And using corporal punishment to enforce those "Christian values" would be grounds for a temporary restraining order while the case was working its way through the courts.

separation of church and state

Yet, the words "In God we Trust" and every day, congress starts with prayers seem to say otherwise.

What do I know eh?
Nowt.
Samantha

Maybe

Maybe they read what's on their money?

Redneck Reaction

During the "Red Scare" in the '50s, "In God We Trust" was added to the money, purely to set us apart from the "Godless Commies". No other reason. The same is true of the Pledge of Allegiance. "One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." became "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.".

So all this "god" stuff came about in the 1950s. It has nothing to do with religion or a belief in mythical sky fairies. It was all political posturing. I had to sign a loyalty oath in the early '70s to get a job working in the back shop at the campus newspaper. When I asked what if I refused to sign it I was straight out told if I didn't sign it I couldn't work anywhere on campus.

Congress does what it does because it can. Again, political, they are catering to the "religious" aka "Christian" voters.

The United States was not intended by the founding fathers to be a Christian nation, far from it. The US was and is a republic. I'm not going to explain what all these terms mean, look them up for yourselves. And while you are at it, look up Senator Joseph McCarthy, the true villain behind all that happened. Why did he do it?

For political power, of course.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

The US Motto

Daphne Xu's picture

The US motto was "E pluribus unum" until Congress adopted "In God We Trust" in the McCarthy Era.

-- Daphne Xu

sorry but....

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

I say Sally should go paddle the principle,.. in the head, with a baseball bat!

.

note: I think, this needs to be linked under the previous story, it is not really a solo, although i think the previous one can still be considered one on its own, in spite of this follow up.

You're sooo right

I'll work to chain those parts together.

Corporal punishment for not wearing a bra?

I am not sure that I like this. While I grew up in a time where such punishment, even for minor infractions, was the norm including not wearing the uniform; this only extended to outer clothing. Now as an individual I am not against all corporal punishment, even though I experienced it many time at school, but there is a limit and this goes way beyond that. What's the next step? Punishment for wearing a pink bra instead of a white one? OK I accept this is a device to continue the story but I would have preferred if Qmodo had chosen something else as I think that particular reason could be argued as child abuse.

It's good to know...

Thank you. It's good to know all those details.

In my school, there were raids when girls were checked by female teachers if they wear the bra.

Different

In my (US) high school the enforcement points were skirt lengths and PDA (Public Display Of Affection). I don't ever recall bras being an enforcement issue. That would have been covered in the dress code.

Mind you, the girls I went to school with in Belgium would have never been allowed to set foot inside my US schools. What they normally wore to school would have broken every rule in the dress code. One girl (a real fox!), when told of the minimum dress/skirt length was totally indignant. "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a skirt that long!"

Not that we didn't have a dress code at my international school. For instance our biology teacher, a robust, healthy Australian girl, had to quit wearing see-thru blouses to teach in. Every guy in the school mourned that.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Not Fair

joannebarbarella's picture

Some girls are late developers. Why should they be penalised for not wearing a bra?

That's an issue apart from the violation of a child's rights with respect to underwear. Should boys be punished for wearing female panties? How would you know?

I was at school in an era when corporal punishment by way of caning was still allowed and I can only say it was degrading. Discipline is one thing but there are more humane ways to administer it.

I agree with you

I'm not advocating the cp. I just found that it administered in some states in public schools. And there're no rules what kids are punished for.

Smallest and Weakest

Daphne Xu's picture

So they paddled the smallest and weakest student in their school. Maybe according to the Rule of Three, the second woodshed episode might work, but then the third time someone fights back and returns everything threefold, according to Karma's threefold rule.

Sorry, but this was triggering. I keep going back to my young days, and imagining what I could have done instead.
https://www.anarchistrevolt.com/books/arealeducation/chapter...
https://www.corpun.com/ussc7902.htm
Search for "Principal James Marshall" on those pages. The unnamed 13yo boy was a hero. I wish I knew what happened to him. Probably up to eight years in the hell known as Reform School, then a life of crime and frequent imprisonment.

In this story, I'm going to say it's everyone's fault except the protagonist himself -- and wish that the protagonist were mentally stronger.

-- Daphne Xu

When I Write

Daphne Xu's picture

... about CP, as well as the thinking behind it, I have the (potential) recipient react unpleasantly for the CPer. It could hurt the CPer more than his recipient.

A Bikini Beach Summer 11-13 -- search for "You witch!", "gargantuan hairbrush", and "another of my nightmares".

SRU: Reforming the Brat -- search for "castrated".

Billy's Bad Day -- Search "one of *those* guys". The would-be CPer is a teenage bully, but the mentality is the same. A certain type of person is found in a neighborhood he doesn't belong, and the CPer attempts to teach him a lesson.

-- Daphne Xu

True Fiction?

BarbieLee's picture

Don't try and understand the story, just enjoy it. "Christian Values and Corporal Punishment" in a public school? QModo, my pet, you really had to reach for those. But then I have no idea what nation you live in so it might be possible. Or maybe you were thinking along the lines of a hundred years earlier?
This is the continuation of a very cute story and the pacing is really good. There are no spots anyone will wish to skip in order to get to the meat of the tale. The whole story is necessary to follow the logic of the artists telling the story. Nicely done.
Hugs QModo

Barb
Life is meant to be lived, not worn until it's worn out.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Thanks dear

I value every your word.

Maybe not today but maybe in the nearest future, I plan a story set in OK state.

Atheists'

I started school about the time that the anti God folk imposed their will on everyone else. It seems like I got about the last School Spanking. Things have gone down hill since. They would not have gotten such traction if the Christians had actually acted right. Hmmmm.

Gwen

the anti God folk imposed their will on everyone else.

What about so-called Christians imposing their will on everyone else? We live in a pluralistic society and no group should be able to impose their religious "values" on others. I know you for a while explored Islam. Do you think any community in America would accept a public school imposing Islam (or Hinduism, or Buddhism) on its diverse student body? So why should Christians get a pass?

I grew up in California, attending public schools from kindergarten through two years of university, from 1954 to 1968. No school I attended ever used corporal punishment, nor did any lead school-sponsored prayer. The closest we had was the addition of "under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance, which I declined to speak. I said the Pledge, but left out the "under God. Now I refuse to even say the Pledge as a violation of my first Amendment rights. And, yes, I am a veteran (US Army Nov. 1968 - Nov. 1970).

You're sooo right, but...

You're sooo right, but... What we believe is right and what actually we have in the state are sometimes opposing each other. Will you reject money notes cuz there is "In God we trust" on them?

In God We Trust

I am not required to say the words, nor to believe them, or even to pretend that I believe them, in order to use our currency. I have no objection to other people's religion, as long as they don't try to force their beliefs or practices on others who don't share them.

Atheists'

I started school about the time that the anti God folk imposed their will on everyone else. It seems like I got about the last School Spanking. Things have gone down hill since. They would not have gotten such traction if the Christians had actually acted right. Hmmmm.

Gwen

The key word

The keywords are "acted right" I guess.
Thanks for commenting.

from

Maddy Bell's picture

my experience of being on the wrong end of cp, it did nothing to deter repeat offences but rather a determination to not be caught next time! TBH i can't even recall how i fell foul of the system, i doubt there was a single one of my peers who managed to escape the slipper/ruler/cane for their whole school career. A move towards detention or other sanction of one sort or other was replacing cp by the time i departed the learning halls since when discipline in schools has fallen to a dismal level, it may not be pc but much like hanging it did provide enough of a deterrent to keep most of the inmates, i mean students, in line.


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Captial punishment as a deterrent.

If the threat of capital punishment were a deterrent, we wouldn't continue to have murders and other capital crimes. The death penalty has never been shown to be a deterrent. The best that can be said is that no person executed has ever been known to offend again.

Good enough for me

The death penalty is supposed to eliminate either those that have committed multiple heinous crimes or those whose criminal acts were so depraved as to warrant immediate removal from society.

Although the argument for deterrence has been made, that was not the purpose of it. Removal permanently from society of those that break society's most basic tenet. Like living with a rabid wolf. It will continue to bite until it is removed and put down.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

I can't

I can't imagine some student on the right end of cp. Feelings? Hate and plans of conspiracy maybe, it was so long ago.

I found this story somewhat unsettling

Not at all what I had expected after the "father" story.

Unsettling but quite intriguing.
It appears that you plan to write more parts. I can't wait for them :)

And Oscar, he's not really living up to the expectations on him so far, is he? Just imagine, ignoring his future date :)

Don't you say...

Don't you say there is some unpredictable bruishness here, don't you?

Et Tu Bru-te?

Who am I to say?

I don't think you've intended

I don't think you've intended your nick to sound this way. But it opens some new ways for interpretation.

Context

Sara Hawke's picture

Back in the day things were different. Mothers stayed at home because the father made enough to allow it. The mother nurtured and the father guided and was responsible for discipline. A responsible parent will find out the punishment for incorrect behavior that is most effective to use to stop the incorrect behavior. From standing in the corner to paddling. However, if they are using the wrong punishment then the punishment falls on the unwilling and deaf. Also if enough proper affection is given and encouragement then punishment should be rare the carrot is always preferred over the stick.

This is where society, schools, and parents have failed because they did not learn the lessons needed to nurture a balanced individual.
I was punished by a belt, board, switch or the hand most times out of anger until I finally used reason and was listened to. The immediate remorse only taught me the abuser's actions and reactions as I allowed the punishment. My brother was beaten just for being alive. I had it better than he did, but still was abused. My sister fought back by yelling and screaming but was too abused.

It is the parents job to fear for their child and not to make them fear you. Anger causes fear threats yelling losing control are useless. Discipline only works with structure, order, and understanding of need. No matter what is used if it is the wrong type then it is wrong. School lost the right to punish in effective ways because they never learned or forgot to only nurture and the bigger problem was parents never learned to nurture as their parents left them alone to raise themselves.

I blame the society in which we live in that fostered talking down to their children to call them useless. for schools and teachers to follow governmental rules designed to deny the self the individual, and the resident who knew that the government was not going to give them a free lunch and know the difference between freedom and tyranny. A tyranny wants you to obey or we wont take care of you a democracy will give you just enough to protect you from tyranny. If the civilized do not learn to think then the abuser can and will take over. Our schools do not train to think. That is very evident in the current thinking of Both political parties. If those people truly thought about what they were doing everyone would have voted independent. Not saying that the independent candidates are any better but it would have woken the two parties up that their actions are no longer tolerated.

Great story by the way and mom in this story is the greater evil as nothing was done to protect her child no matter how much she understands that her child is a girl not a boy.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

Boy, have heads gotten screwed up

Jamie Lee's picture

Boy, did dad get things screwed up for Solomon. Why did dad consider the sales clerk before considering his son? Why didn't he realize what pictures of Solomon dressed in girls clothing could cause later on?

And don't forget mom, who basically forced Sally to be dressed as a girl while she chaperones Dea at a dance. Or the makeup she applied to Sally's face.

However there is one small problem. No one bothered to ASK Solomon his opinion, what he wanted, how he felt about being in girls clothing or seen as a girl.

And now the AH principal jumps to a conclusion without any definitive proof, but for a picture. And he paddles Solomon because he thinks a picture is proof Sally has been lying to the school? And because no bra is being worn? Something a boy like Solomon doesn't need or want.

And then to pour more fuel to the unsubstantiated truth, mom is on the principal's side, that Solomon is a Tomboy.

Who pour what into that family's water? The all think Solomon is a girl in hiding, but Solomon. He's now being forced to be a girl because a bunch of morons jumped to conclusions before learning the whole truth.

Solomon better be hiding his desire to be a girl, or he could have a real screwed up life being forced to be a girl.

Others have feelings too.