The Contractor's Daughter Part 12

Printer-friendly version

Kilmarnock, Va. Police Department:
Detective Garcia looks over the crime scene photos of the fire from the Hudgins construction site. According to the Fire Inspector, the site was purposely set on fire. He and several members of his team found several devices that had been set at different locations at the construction site to go off. He looks at the photos and the notes that had been taken from the security officer on duty that night. He knew the security officer, so he did not doubt his statement.

Detective Montoya was sitting at her desk finishing up the paperwork on a case she just got finished working on. She looks over towards her friend Detective Garcia “how bad is it?”

Ben glances up from his notes at Joan “really bad. Whoever set these devices to start the fire, knew what they were doing.”

“Who would want to destroy so many houses?” Joan wonders why.

“I don’t know, but with this much damage, it would either have to be either for insurance or revenge. Just from talking to Mr. Hudgins, I’m ruling out insurance. Something tells me that this is for revenge.” Ben didn’t feel that Mr. Hudgins would do something like this type of damage for insurance.

Azura was unsure about the request Rachel was asking her to do. She still had a thing about going inside a police department after being arrested. She takes a deep breath as she reaches for the door handle of the police station and walks into the building.

As she walks into the building, she notices how small the reception area was. She spots a reception window and walks over to it. When she looks through the window, there were four desks with two officers in uniform, one older woman and one younger woman.

“Excuse me, who do I talk to about having some people arrested and brought in for questioning?” Azura watched who would get up first to answer her question.

Azura spots one of the male police officers in the office gets up and walks up to the window. He looked to be in his late twenties and had short black hair. He had a decent build to him.

“Hi, I’m patrol officer Alinsky, how can I help you?” Officer Azura looks at the young woman standing on the other side of the window.

“I need these people arrested.” Azura hands the list of names to patrol officer Alinsky.

Patrol Officer Alinsky looks at the names on the list. He looks back up at the woman “what crime have they committed?”

“Rape, kidnapping, torture, and assault.”

“Do you have any evidence to support your accusation?”

“Yes, I do.” Since Azura obtain the information about Lexi’s stepbrother.

Rachel told her that it could be used. If it had been law enforcement, who had done it. The evidence would have to be thrown out of court.

“Let me get Detective Montoya for you. Also, can I ask your name, ma’am?”

“Azura Thunderhawk.”

“If you could wait over there. I’ll only be a minute.” Alinsky points to a set of plastic seats on the other side of the window.

“No problem.” Azura turns and walks over to a set of yellow plastic chairs that looked to be mounted to the wall.

Since she was the only one in the waiting area. She sits down in the first yellow chair. She takes her cellphone out and looks up the local news.

Patrol Officer Alinsky takes the list of names he was given and heads out of the main office and through the maze towards the detective’s office. Since the police station was small and didn’t have much personnel. The detectives had their own office.

He stops and knocks on the door.

“Come in.” Detective Garcia had looked up when he heard the knock on the door.

Alinsky opens the door and walks into the office. He spots both detectives “sorry for bothering you guys, but I have a woman upfront that would like to press charges against the people on this list.”

Detective Garcia looks over towards Montoya “can you handle this?”

“Sure.” Detective Montoya looks at the list after Alinsky hands it to her.

Detective Montoya wonder what these people did? She also wonders where they got these names from. One of the names on the list looked familiar. She would have to go through her notes to find out why.

Detective Montoya looks up at Patrol Officer Alinsky “did she say why she wanted these people arrested?”

“Yes ma’am. She said she wants to press charges for rape, kidnapping, torture, and assault. She also said she has evidence to back up her claims.”

“I think I better interview her. Is she out in the waiting area?” Detective Montoya starts standing up.

“Yes ma’am. Her name is Azura Thunderhawk.” Alinsky hopes he remembered the young woman’s name right.

Alinsky exists the detective’s office first. Detective Montoya follows behind him, as they walk down the corridor, they affectively call the maze. Montoya wonders when they are going to update the building again.

“She’s waiting in the reception area, detective.” Alinsky heads towards his desk.

“Thanks, Alinsky.” Detective Montoya walks out into the reception area.

As she exits, she spots a nicely dressed young woman with short black hair, that looked to have purple highlights in it. She had a nice build to her and appeared to be in her late twenties.

She walks up to the young lady “hi, I’m Detective Montoya.” as Montoya holds out her hand.

“Hi, I’m Azura Thunderhawk. It’s nice to meet you. I take it, patrol officer Alinsky spoke to you about those names on the list I gave him?” Azura figured that was why Mrs. Montoya was outside speaking to her. She noticed that Montoya had some Spanish or Latino features about her.

“Yes, and he said that you have evidence to back up your claim?” Montoya watches the young woman and notices how observant she was.

“Yes ma’am. I have the evidence that will show them you why my employer wants them arrested.” Azura knew Rachel knew wanted everyone in the film arrested for what they did.

“Why don’t we go back to my office, and you can show me what you have.” Montoya wanted to see the evidence as well.

“Lead the way.” As Azura stands up and grabs her purse.

Detective Montoya takes Azura through the door she came through and back to her office.

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Names and Photographic Evidence

BarbieLee's picture

I bet every police department wished their job was that easy. But then sometimes the most dangerous part of police work is stopping criminals and arresting them.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
Life is a gift, treasure it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Every Case

Is different, and has it's own level of danger. The officers that walk into each situation with no preconceived ideas are the ones that live longest. Assumptions can get you killed. A fellow officer that made presumptions was almost killed when the unexpected happened. He got a major ass-chewing and was reintroduced to the policies and procedures.

He also got reamed out by the rest of us, reminding him that none of us wanted to attend a LOD funeral.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I hope

Samantha Heart's picture

For a full conviction & it NOT be thrown out of court due to the evidence being excluded.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

it is going to be interesting

Wendy Jean's picture

to see if this evidence is admissible. Personally, I have doubts.

Pebbles rolling down the hill

Jamie Lee's picture

Azura giving the evidence she found is like pebbles rolling down a hill. As they gain speed they dislodge other pebbles. Which dislodge others until boulders join the event.

Stepbrother will soon wish he hadn't made those videos because they will come back to bite him.

Others have feelings too.