Native Life Chp. 7

Printer-friendly version

“I want to know why my bowie knives wouldn’t cut that general or why the bullets you fired at him didn’t hurt him either.” Cora blows on the tea Amy made for her. It was supposed to help her heal faster.

“But you did manage to hurt him.” Amy looks at Cora.

“Yeah, but I had to use my obsidian blades.” Cora was surprised they managed to cut him.

“I wonder why your obsidian blades worked against him, but your normal blades didn’t, and why my bullets didn’t.” Amy was thinking about that.

“The only difference between them is one is made from volcanic glass and blessed by a shaman I trust. The bowies aren’t blessed.” Cora knew George blessed her obsidian blades.

“Maybe he’s valuable to the blessing on the knives.” Amy couldn’t think of anything else it might be.

“Well, now they are going to be expecting us from now on.” Cora takes a sip from her herbal tea.

The tea had a bitter taste to it. Cora refused to drink certain teas George made for her because of the taste. She takes another sip of the tea and makes a face.

Amy saw the look on Cora’s face when she sipped the tea. She remembers the first time her father gave her a cup of the same tea. She didn’t want to drink it either, because of the taste.

“Well, we just have to use the night to our advantage. Isn’t the night your friend?” Amy looks at Cora’s face.

“Yes, the night is my element.” Cora knew she would be more effective at night.

“Then we wait. Until then, you need to drink your tea.” Amy gives Cora the same look her mentor gave her.

“Fine.” Cora drinks the nasty-tasting tea down.

Cora finds a nice area to lay down, while Amy kept watch. She was going to need the rest for the healing properties of the tea to work. She falls into a deep space instantly.

Amy listens to Cora’s heartbeat and notices when it changes. She watches as Cora falls instantly asleep. While Cora sleeps, Amy prepares items to take with them tonight. She does wonder what the general is. He shouldn’t be as tough as he is. She thinks about that why she works on some arrows.

Cora feels the fox spirit that inhabits her mask join with her and start healing her injuries. The spiritual energies of the fox merge with her body. She knew the spirit wanted revenge for letting one of its own be hurt and for what the general did to her mask.

Amy glances over towards Cora and notices the fox spirit merging with her unconscious form. She could feel the spiritual energy as if merged with Cora’s body and healed her injuries. Then she felt something else, the spirit wanted revenge for what was done to Cora. She watches as
Cora’s mask glows and reforms itself into a different shape.

She didn’t know the spirits could do that. The mask had been made by a shaman a long time ago. So she figured it would take a shaman to redo it.

Hours later, Cora wakes up feeling energized and ready to go hunting. Cora looks over towards Amy “I’m feeling energized.”

“Well, you might want to eat, before we go. It’s going to be a long night.”

“I hope so. I want payback for what that General did to me.” Cora walks over to where Amy was sitting and sits down next to her.

“Here’s eat this and when your done, we’ll go and have some fun with him and his men tonight.” Amy hands Cora a bowl of stew she had worked on while Cora slept.

Cora takes a bite of the stew and couldn’t place the taste of the meat. She looks at Amy “what type of meat is this?”

“Rattlesnake.” Amy looks at Cora when she says that.

A weird look appears on Cora’s face. She has never had rattlesnake before. She was going to need to spend more time out off the reservation and learned these skills.

“Okay, it has an unusual taste to it.” Cora takes another bite of the stew.

A smile appears on Amy’s face as she eats her stew. Once they were done eating, Cora and Amy clean their campsite up and start heading towards the general’s camp again. When they get close to it, they could tell the general had all the lights in the camp turned on.

“This should be easy.” Amy unslings her rifle and starts shooting the lights out.

“Time for me to have some fun.” Cora moves quickly and quietly down to the camp.

As the campsite starts losing lights. Cora puts her mask on as gunfire could be heard being returned towards Amy’s position. An evil smile appears on her fox-looking face as she tosses several smoke grenades she pulls out of her messenger bag. She uses the cover of darkness and the smoke to start knocking people out with her tomahawks. She avoids gunfire as some soldiers fire wildly into the smoke cloud where she is hiding. She moves quickly as Amy fires from a different direction.

Cora uses the cover of darkness and the distraction going on around her to knock out several more soldiers. She could hear the general giving orders to send people out and to let the drones fly as well. Cora looks around for the main generators and notices several guards have been placed around them. She takes the guards out with her blowgun. She uses the grenades they are wearing and set them up to blow up the generators.

Cora moves quietly and freezes as she hears movement. A soldier passes just inches in front of her as he runs towards where the generators were. She waits a few seconds before moving and set a few explosives up to blow up their fuel depot. She hauls ass, just before it explodes.

Command Tent:
Commander Owens had just sat down at his desk when hears gunfire. A few minutes after that, there is an explosion. Smoke starts drifting into the command center. There is a second explosion and the lights go out. There is a second one and the fuel depot goes up.

“FIND THOSE BITCHES AND BRING THEM BACK DEAD!” The cuts that had been healing reopened when screaming those words.

“Ah, the big dumb mound of the flesh is scarred of two women.” Cora looks at the Commander.

Several guards try to attack her, but she moves too quickly for them. She knocks them out with the tomahawks in her hands.

“Let’s see you dodge this.” Owens fires his gun at Cora.

Cora throws one of the tomahawks at Owen and twists to the side as the bullet slides across her chest. She takes several of her obsidian throwing knives out and starts throwing them at the commander.

Owens tries to block the knives coming in toward him but instead gets hit by them. They bury themselves into his skin.

“Not doing so well, are you?” Cora had managed to get close to Owens.

Owen turns around to punch Cora, but she had moved. He feels a sharp pain as his stomach is sliced open by two blades. He tries to stop another hit to his flesh, but the humanoid fox attacking him was moving too fast.

Owens falls to his knees and spots the humanoid fox standing in front of him. Its eyes were glowing red. An evil grin appears on its muzzle as it waves goodbye to him.

Owens wonders why the fox figure was waving goodbye to him, as pain shoots throughout his body. He couldn’t move at all. He watches as the fox figure comes close to him “my blades were coated in rattlesnake venom.” As Cora removes the blades, she threw at him from his body.

She turns and walks away afterward.

up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yeap he's done

Samantha Heart's picture

Ownes is done for that much rattle snake venom well he won't live long now for the commander.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.