The Return of Lilith Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

I lay in bed thinking about my life and the life I want now here in the modern age. I don't want to go back into hiding again. There is just so much that I need to know about the world and how I can live in it as I am. Neither Kyle nor I have any experience in living as a teenage girl. Now that Kyle can exert his own will on me is something we will have to work out.

'You know I can hear what you are thinking,' Kyle says in my mind. 'We need to find a way to live outside this school,' as you said. As for life inside the school and dealing with magic and wizards and all the stuff that I thought didn't exist, that's all for you. What we need is a group of friends that can help us out while we are outside these walls. Maybe go on some trips with Tara and Brian to get the teenage experience we need.'

'You have a good point Kyle, we have those that are close to us, show us how to be a normal teenager,' I say. 'I must say that having you in my head like this is a bit unnerving but I will get used to it. I do like that I was able to understand English when I first got here, and your understanding of how things work in the modern world has made it easier for me to adjust.'

I look over at Justice and she is facing the wall with her back to me. "Hey Justice, are you mad at me or something? You haven't said anything to me since we got back here."

She rolls over and looks at me, "Lilith, I don't know what to say to you. You are beyond anyone here at the school when it comes to magic. You have no relatable experiences with anyone here at the school and yet you remain here. Why? I am just confused about everything that has happened today. I just want to know that everything is going to be alright and it's not all going to come crashing down."

"You are right Justice, nothing that happened today was planned out and it is going to take some time to make this whole situation work. I won't promise that there will be no problems but I will promise that I will do everything to protect this school and its students. As for why I am still here, that is something that I wanted to talk to you about. You know that I have now experienced living in this time as a young woman. I may know about the modern world but not how I fit into the world outside of magic. I hid away from the world after I met my mate and we were happy living our lives together alone, but that is just not possible anymore. I need people I can trust to help me make sense of how I exist outside of the world of magic. I would like your help in understanding this world from a new perspective." I explain to her in a serious tone.

"You are not going to be a student here Lilith, you'll be a teacher. So why do you want to continue to live here with me and the other students?" She asks me, finally getting to the root of the problem she had with me.

I look at her with a smile, "I will only be teaching one class with one person at the moment, so for the rest of the day, I will need to sit in on the other classes so that I can understand what your magic is really like. Most of all I am staying here in this room with you because I like you and I want to be your friend. I can't hang out with the teachers because they can't show me what it is like to live as I am. I need you and the other students because I need people to do stuff with that are as young as I appear. Everything here and now is new to me and I'm just trying to learn how to adjust to this life. I need to be here with all of you if I am ever going to have a chance at surviving this new world."

She looks at me for a few moments, "Ok just remember I don't want to see you and Sara going at it while I am here, and don't do it on my bed." She laughs as she tries to say it with a straight face.

"I'll hang a sock on the doorknob so you won't come in," I laughed with her.

"If you do that, then you will have every girl on this floor at your door trying to listen in on you. I know you are not a monogamous girl, but I also don’t want you to turn this place into your sex den and no orgies you got it, Missy," Justice says with a mock authoritative tone causing us to both bust out laughing. "Can you tell me about your mate? I'm kind of curious what the woman who owns your heart is like?" She asks me as she sits up cross-legged on her bed looking at me.

***

Shar'li is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen; her skin has the cutest blue tinge to it that makes her black horns stand out. Her fanged smile is as alluring as it was dangerous. The horns are erogenous zones for a succubus and as you would guess about any succubus, she had amazing talents in lovemaking.

More than the sex though she was the first one to see me as a person, and not some object of desire. So many times, we would just lay on the furs in our cave and just talk, and I would never get bored because I loved the sound of her voice. Even after several millennia we never got tired of each other.

When we finally started having children, together it created this bond for us that made me understand that she is the only woman I will ever love. I would move mountains to get her back, and once I do locate where she is that is exactly what I will do.

She gave me the most wonderful family I could ever have asked for. It's like the Goddess made her just for me. When Lucifer sent out his call for demons of Earth to join him in his war against Heaven, Shar'li chose me over fighting with the rest of the demons. We lived a quiet life together sharing everything and raising our children and experiencing the joys of parenthood, as we watched them grow.

Our home was a place of love and happiness. Our children while being succubus learned to live and feed without killing. This was something unique about our family. Most demons kill so that they can take the power of that person's soul. We never killed.

It was a perfect life till Michael came back into our lives and forced me to fight him. That cost me everything because I never made it back home to my family.

I finished the story with tears in my eyes and a broken heart. I promised right then that I would get her back, whatever it took.

***

It depresses me to think about Shar'li because she is gone because of my fight with Michael and Lucifer. I want to see her again, and it breaks my heart that I cannot find her. I know she would be here helping me with James and the other problems that I have here.

I look over to Justice with a half-smile, "she is everything to me after I lost my home in Eden. She finally made me feel whole again, and that is just one of the many reasons she will always be my mate.

"She sounds like a great person not at all what the stories would have you believe of demons. I hope that you can find her," she told me with a big smile.

I smile back, "So is there anyone special in your life?" I ask feeling closer to her already.

"I have dated a few boys but most I couldn't stay with since they are not involved in the wizard community. I haven't found anyone here so right now I have no one but I am not ready for anything serious. I still want to go to college and study marine biology. If I meet someone, I may consider dating them. You have a long life ahead of you, what are you going to do?" She asks me as we continue our conversation.

"I have no idea what I am going to do long term, but first I am going to get my family back together and I will have to see what comes next for me. I cannot live within the outside society very easily, from what I understand of how the outside society works I just won't be able to live with much freedom out there. I may have to stay in the background and just help with the wizarding society," I tell her with a smile.

We continued talking for a while longer before we both decided to go to sleep, I know it was going to be a long day tomorrow. I have to go to the Kairington manor and see what I can find in the records there and also send out a message to the rest of the wizarding society.

I had a night with no dreams, just a relaxing sleep that made me feel refreshed and ready for the new day. As I headed to take a shower the other girls were saying good morning to me and interacting with me. It was nice to feel accepted and liked now after such a rough start to school. I am feeling like I am beginning to fit in. I am getting ready to start my day.

Justice and I make our way to Mag Mell for breakfast. We got to our table and I found James sitting there with a huge smile on his face. He gets up and hugs me and we sit down to eat. Tara and Brian are there as well, telling James about what went down last evening. Shortly after we all start to eat, Sara walked over and sat down next to me, "Good morning sexy," she whispers in my ear and brushes her hand against mine. I give her a quick wink and smile at her. “What was that?” James asked us.

“It’s nothing yet,” I smile and laugh

I give James a quick rundown of what I am going to be doing today while the students will be having an assembly to go over any changes that are going to be initiated in the school and to listen to the announcement that I will be giving.

I met Luther at the transport station at school and we headed over to the Kairington Manor. As we get transported to the outside of Kairington Manor we are met by a large group of guards blocking our way into the manor. I give Luther a look, are they serious about this or what?

"Are we going to have a problem here?" I ask the guards in an authoritative tone.

"You will not be allowed on this property this family does not recognize your authority to take over the council and your actions against our lord of the manor is recognized as an act of treason and you will be dealt with the utmost severity," the largest of the guards with no neck says to me.

"Who is going to stop me?" I joke and look at Luther who is looking frightened. I am hit by an intense cone of fire coming from the guards. I just laugh loud, "Is that all you got?" I walked forward through the fire and grabbed the guard by his head and snapped his neck. I look at the rest of the guards with a calm face and a cocky smirk, I throw an explosive ray of light at them. The guards fly back in a smoking heap as I continue to walk to the gate.

With a wave of my hand, the metal gates fly from the wall, crashing to the ground several yards away. I look at Luther’s shocked face as I wave to him to follow me. With a frightened look, he runs to catch up to me, "Luther, I didn't want this to happen, I am not normally a violent person. I won't let these people continue to hold the rest of the wizard's hostage from achieving more from magic. I will not let anything happen to you either while you are here. You are with me and I look after those I am with," I say to him as we walk up the path to the house.

We don't run into any more guards on the way up to the house. When we open the door and step inside, we are met by an elderly woman and two other gentlemen. "Grandmother please don't fight this," Luther pleads.

"How could you do this to us, Luther? She is the one that killed your grandfather." She says angrily.

"No, I didn't kill him. My daughter was the one that killed him since he was targeting her son to be sacrificed. I am the one who banished the demon back to hell. Just so we are clear on what happened yesterday." I say calmly as I walk around the grand foyer barely looking at any of the people there. "This looks like an expensive house too bad it was created on the backs of the innocent. Now I don't want to have to kill Luther's family..."

I get interrupted by one of the men standing there, "He is no family to us anymore. He has abandoned us and I will no longer call him my son." He spits out the last words.

"That's a shame, Luther as head of this house now will you take me to the records room? I will leave it up to you if you would like me to spare them or if you wish me to rid you of such foul influences in your life." I speak to Luther looking at him to show him how serious I am right now.

Before he can answer me, his father yells out, "who are you to think you have any control over who runs this house and the council? You stupid girl, I will peal the flesh from your bones!" I stop him right there by flashing over to him and grabbing his throat crushing his windpipe with one hand.

"You will do nothing, you insignificant little man, I have battled archangels and demons, do you think your little bit of ill-gotten power is enough to scare me?" His face turns purple as I continue to squeeze his throat.

I feel a hand on my shoulder from behind, "Please Lilith, don't kill him." Luther looks at me with sadness. I release his neck as I throw him to the ground.

"Of course, Luther, I told you that it is your decision on what happens to them. I will follow your lead when it comes to your family's fate." I say to him with sympathy in my voice. I then wave my hand at them and bind them to the chairs that line the wall. "Now, which way to the library?"

The library is a massive two-story room, with a balcony that overlooks the entire first floor. Multiple ladders lead up to the second story, where there are more shelves of books. In the center of the room is a large table. A large polished spherical stone sits on a gold stand. The stone is about the size of my head. Around the room, I see many artifacts that carry magic, such as a wand, a staff, and multiple bottles of potions. This room is where the family does their magic.

I place my hand on the spherical stone, and I am assaulted by a barrage of images. I see the family performing all sorts of dark magic. I see them sacrificing people, animals, and even children. I see them making deals with demons, and I see them being controlled by a higher power. The taint of evil in this family is very strong.

The stone is a magical artifact that allows me to communicate with the wizard community. I use the magic in the stone to send a message to the wizard community.

"Wizards of the world, I am Lilith the First. I am the first human created and have been alive for over ten thousand years. I come to you with a warning. The Kairington family uses dark magic. They have made deals with demons, and they are controlled by a higher power. I have disbanded the wizard council and I have taken control of our society till such a time as a new council can be formed. I know this will cause some discontent since none of you know who I am. I could not allow demons to continue to influence the leadership of wizards.

Now, for what I am looking for to making this new council, I want a six-member council with a representative from each of the inhabited continents. You as wizards will decide who you will send to represent your continent. The council will make all rulings for the world of wizards. I will be the tie-breaking vote only. I do not wish to be an absolute ruler. I will act as a mediator to keep the peace within the council.

I have taken up residence at Dagda Academy, where I will be a teacher for those in the community that can move magical energies through their bodies. I have found that this is a naturally occurring talent in the wizard community, and it should be cultivated to expand the knowledge base of magic.

I will not tolerate any attacks on the school, its students, my family, or me. This will be dealt with using extreme prejudice. I will leave you now to decide who your representatives will be. I will be watching what happens to ensure that we will not have any more corruption within the council," I say to the entire community.

I take my hand off the stone and come back to reality. I hear clapping behind me and feel a large magical power coming from that direction. I turn around to see a handsome gentleman clothed in a high-end suit leaning against the door to the library with a smile on his face. His eyes were dark and piercing. Next to him was the Kairington family no longer bound to the chairs in the foyer. "Hello, Lilith, it's so good to see you again. I was surprised to get your message so I just had to come and see for myself if it was true." He says to me with a smile that showed his teeth.

I move so that Luther is standing behind me, "Lucifer, you came so quick. I didn't realize I warranted this level of attention," I replied with a chuckle.

"I couldn't miss such a grand occasion, the return of the favorite. I also was a little perturbed that Augustus found himself in my realm. I worked hard to have direct access to the council here and you had to go and ruin it for me." Lucifer says to me he still maintains a casual tone and stance with me.

"Oh, I am so sorry I ruined your fun, I guess that makes us even. After all, you attacked me in the back while I was fighting Michael and it took me three thousand years to get back to my body. So, what can I do for you?" I ask him as he begins to walk

"Do for me? Oh no, I don't want anything from you. I think this time I am just going to sit back and enjoy the show when Michael catches wind that you are back. I have no desire to fight with you, I have other concerns with humans now. I will make you a deal, I and my demons will leave you alone and all you have to do is not interfere with my dealings with the humans. I will even extend this to your daughters and all your grandchildren." Lucifer says with a smirk.

"What you are not going to do anything about her we had a deal." Luther's father yells at Lucifer. Lucifer looks at him and then turns to me. He lets out a loud laugh.

"I have no intention of hurting her, her presence is going to provide so much entertainment to watch. Augustus learned the hard way that when it comes to my demons and I, we will never go against Lilith again. You also need to learn your place; you dare to make demands of me like you hold any power. You are a worm in the presence of gods," with a snap of his fingers Lucifer incinerates all three of the Kairington elders. The sounds of their screams echoed throughout the library. As three burned husks of bodies fell to the floor smelling of brimstone and burning flesh. Luther was still screaming in grief and anger.

I turned to Luther and put my hand on his shoulder and forced him to look me in the eyes. "There is nothing you can do to Lucifer so I need you to focus on me and not him or he will add you to the body count of his victims," I say to him to try and keep him from doing something stupid and getting himself killed.

"Lilith, do we have a deal?" Lucifer nonchalantly walks over to me and smirks.

"So let me get this straight Lucifer you want me to leave your deals with humans alone and you will leave my interests alone. Is that the gist of it?" I ask Lucifer as I lean back

"Nice try Lilith, I will leave you and your family alone, I said nothing about your interests." Lucifer laughs as he turns to walk around me.

"I think that is a shit deal Lucifer, if I agree to the deal then someone you deal with can use what you give against me and my family. So you would indirectly be going against me. I want the wizards, all of them left alone by you and your demons and you can have all the fun you want with the humans," I counter to Lucifer's offer.

Lucifer looks at me for a good long while before he laughs, "Ok Lilith, my demons won't tempt any other wizards."

"Then we have a deal Lucifer," I say to him.

"Excellent, it was a pleasure seeing you again my dear Lilith," he says to me as he walks out the door and blinks away.

I shake my head in disbelief as I look around the room. I can't believe that I just made a deal with Lucifer. I know that it is not going to last, but it will give me some time to figure out what he is up to. I just hope that he doesn't do anything to Luther, he is just a kid and doesn't deserve to be dragged into this any further. "Luther I'm sorry about your family," I say to him as I offer what little support I can. I know that there is nothing I can do or say to make it better. "It just sucks that he is involved with your family," I say to Luther leading him out of the library and away from where his family died.

I tell Luther that I have to go back to the library to get something and that he should go back to school. He hugs me and then leaves. I walk back into the library and scan the tomes to see if I can find out more about the sacrifices. I came across a tome from a wizard named Caleb. He was a knight in the crusades, and he was writing about some of the magical artifacts that he came across in the Holy Land. It's not really what I am looking for till I see what he found in a cave deep in the mountains. He found a demon, that was in suspended sleep. He goes on to describe what the demon looks like.

***

From the records of Caleb:

As I enter the bowels of the cave I come across a demon. It looks starved and sickly; the clothing of the body having mostly rotted away. Its large black horns wrap around her head like a crown. Her fingers end in long black talons, and her tail barbed at the end wraps her leg.

I bring my sword down onto her neck to try and destroy this foul beast but my sword bounces off her body refusing to cut through her skin. I next try to use wizard's fire but my flames refuse to touch the demon as if she is protected by an invisible shield. I did not know how to destroy this demon so I grabbed a few of my fellow crusaders and we dragged her into the light.

The light of heaven does nothing to hurt this demon. We decide that we must box this demon up and send her back to the holy church so the priests may find a way to destroy her.

***

I stared at the passage for a long time unable to believe what I had read. Could this be Shar'li? Where did they send her? What holy church? So many questions and yet no answers. I need to tell Elizabeth.

I ran from the house with the book and headed to the portal to get to Elizabeth's home. I step through the portal and enter the waiting room that I was at a few short days ago on my way to Dagda Academy.

Running out of the building bumping into various people on my way, rudely ignoring their shouts of anger at me. I found a taxi on the street and I flag him down. I give him Elizabeth's address and he drives me off through the city as we come closer to my destination.

When we got to Elizabeth's house, I jumped out forgetting to pay the taxi driver and rushed up to the door and pounded on it. The driver yelled at me about payment and in a frustrated state, I quickly ran down to the car and gave him my credit card. With his payment taken care of, he rushes off.

I ran back up to the door and knocked again, with no answer. I am getting frustrated when Kyle pops into my mind, 'call her on the cell phone.' Fuck how stupid could I be?

I quickly grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and found Elizabeth's number saved in my contacts. I dance around in anticipation as I wait for her to pick up the phone.

Finally, she answers, "what's wrong mother?" she asks me straight away.

"Where are you? I have something that I must show you."

"I am at work right now, where are you?"

"I am outside your house right now you must see what I found."

"I am on my way give me fifteen minutes," she says as she hangs up.

I sit on the front steps rereading the text to see if there was anything that I could be missing.

I couldn't find anything in the remaining text that indicated anything about where she was or what they had done with her.

Fifteen minutes later Elizabeth races up into her driveway and jumps out of her car. "Is James, okay? What's so urgent that you had to have me rush right over here?"

"I have no idea what James is up to right now because the last time I saw him was breakfast. That's not important right now, here read this and see if you see what I do." I say to Elizabeth handing her the tome with the page marked.

She gives me a skeptical look as she reads the text. The farther she reads into the text her eyes widen in shock and surprise. "Is this mom?" she asks, still looking at the text in disbelief.

"I think it is," I explain happily. I'm ready to jump out of my skin with

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Church

My bet is on the Vatican in Rome, but I could be mistaken.
Now that ol' Luke made an appearance, Mike might not be too far off, too. We can only hope that that won't turn into a desaster, because he might have a few brain cells missing, or whatever passes as brain cells for him, here.

Thx for another nice chapter^^

Lilith continues to cement her influence

Julia Miller's picture

Over the wizards. Unfortunately, Luther's family opposed her, and she along with Lucifer finished them off. Luther seems to be now the head of his family, since there doesn't seem to be anyone else of authority left there. Lilith made a deal with Lucifer to leave the wizards alone, but she doesn't know how long it will last. But while looking through the Kairington family library, she uncovers a startling account and it seems to be about her lost wife, Shar'li. Lilith now rushes home to tell Elizabeth the news.

The deal isn't perfect....

Luci said he wouldn't tempt anymore wizards.... he didn't say if he had any other wizard families on contract though or promise to release them if he did. I could be wrong and often am.

EllieJo Jayne

Nice cliff hanger ;)

Nice cliff hanger in that last sentence; "I'm ready to jump out of my skin with..."