Metempsychosis Apotheosis - 8

Printer-friendly version

I made it home two weeks later. After exhausting all avenues and possibilities in the Philippines, I knew I had to confront 'Karyn' and 'Brandon' before I could put my plan into action.

'Karyn' had apparently moved back home, and changed the locks. It was close to midnight, but I banged on the door anyway.

I heard giggling and a male voice in the house. I bit my tongue against the anger, this really wasn't Karyn at least not my Karyn, but my Karyn was also sleeping with another man tonight and I was about done with the whole situation.

The man opened the door. "Yeah?"

He was tall, muscled, younger than me, dark of hair and skin. "You need to leave," I said, muscling past him.

"What the fuck, man, you can't just—"

"This is my house, asshole. Get your shit and get gone."

'Karyn' came in wearing a feathered robe and not much else. She'd obviously been to some salon, her hair was a light platinum and she was wearing awful light pink lipstick. It also looked like she'd had extensions put in, and she was wearing false eyelashes. "Robbie! I thought you had left!"

"I'm home, dear!" I said, loudly, dropping my suitcases. "Tell whoever this is to get gone."

The guy looked up at Karyn who nodded. "I'll call you," she said.

"But I—"

"Just go," Karyn said. "I'll deal with this."

The guy grabbed his clothes and left, muttering under his breath.

"Well, I see you've been busy," I said, walking to the refrigerator and pulling out a beer. I needed as much alcohol as I could ingest.

"Well, if you hadn't been such a bastard, Robbie, I'd be making love with you." She came into the kitchen and looked up at me with sorrowful eyes.

"Jesus, what have you done to yourself?" I said. I brushed some of the extended locks off her shoulder.

"You like?" She moved in, pressing her body to me. "I did it for you, baby."

"Did you now?" I spoke in a low tone. "Not for...whoever that was?"

She pouted. "He was only a placeholder until you got home, Robbiekins. There's only one man in my life and that's you." She reached up with her arms to hug me.

Gritting my teeth, I allowed her to embrace me. She wore extended nails and was clopping around in platform heels. After years of being with the real Karyn, this was a cartoon replacement, someone trying to be Karyn who didn't have her taste, color coordination, or understanding.

But I needed information from her, so it would pay to try to be nice.

"Why don't you come to bed? I'll clean up, a little, and we can get to know each other again?"

I sighed, "Yeah, okay."

I walked toward the bathroom, and saw what she meant on the bed. I went into the bathroom and took a shower as I heard her pulling the bedsheets.

I let the scalding water sluice over me as I closed my eyes and leaned against the shower stall. Could I really do this?

I thought about Karyn stuck in Imelda in the Philippines forced to sleep with an older overweight man every night. If she could do it, I could do it in order to get her back.

I'd do anything to get her back.

For this to work, I had to get on the inside of the organization. I had to be seen as a potential customer, maybe many potential customers. And my only link to the inside of the operation was whoever was making the bed out there.

I needed her to get me inside, make the introduction. From there I could find out about the inner workings of the company, and get the leverage I needed against Exmuritious, Transmigration Studios and Lord Mallory Inc.

The door opened, and Karyn entered, sliding up behind me and pressing her body to me tightly. "Mmmm, welcome home, husband."

I turned wrapping my arms around her. Okay, I admit, I was turned on. It had been over a month since I'd made love.

Turning in her arms, I glanced down at her...and my jaw almost hit the floor.

"You like?" she said, staring up at me with her mouth parted.

Below her mouth, and the object of my attention were two enormous breasts. They look over-filled, the skin stretched taught. I could see a bit of a scar around the nipple and some bruising along the bottom.

"What have you done?"

She placed my hands on them, moaning. "They're for you, Robbie. All for you."

"What...why...why would you do this to...yourself?"

She gave a little shrug. "I dunno, I always wanted large breasts.

I nodded, swallowing. What would Karyn think when she got back to her body? She'd be devastated if she knew...I sighed. All the more reason to get 'Karyn' on my side so I could get inside the company.

"You like them, don't you?" she looked up at me with Karyn's eyes and I melted a little, I admit.

"Of course, I do."

She pressed her body to mine, and we kissed under the hot water.

***

The next morning, I felt sick. 'Karyn' snored on my arm, and a trickle of spit had created a pool of saliva on my shoulder where she slept.

I slid my arm out from under her, and she rolled over.

I got up and made toast with a hole and a sunny-side up egg in it, which used to be Karyn's favorite breakfast. I made some fresh squeezed orange juice, and some turkey-bacon then put all of it on a tray with her Macbook. She loved it when I made small romantic gestures like this — or used to when she was 'herself.'

Stepping into the room, I set the tray next to the bedside. "Good morning sunshine!"

I opened the curtains, and she stirred, sitting up. "What's this?"

"Breakfast in bed, of course!" I said, setting the tray in front of her.

She looked up at me. "You didn't have to do this!"

I smiled, giving her a soft kiss. "But I love surprising you, oh and—" I brought out a fresh cut white rose. "The pièce de résistance!"

She stared at the breakfast, holding the rose. "But—"

"But what?"

I could see tears beading up in her eyes. "Nothing, Robbie. Thank you, darling."

"You're welcome, my love."

Walking back into the kitchen, I made myself some cereal and eggs, then sat at the kitchen counter and ate, reading my email from work and responding to the latest crisis's.

She came out sometime later, showered and fresh and wearing pink tights, white boots, and a pink top that said 'PINK' in white lettering across her now impressive bust. She was shooting a video as she walked.

"And this is my loving honey bunny who cooked me breakfast this morning, say hello to my followers darling!"

I waved at the camera, and she gave me a careful smooch. "Smoochies!"

"Now, as you can see, I've had some 'work done' and that's not all! I'm going in for more—"

She walked off into the den where she usually had her broadcasts, and I sighed, shaking my head. Just have to get through it, Robert, you can do this...

I finished with work a few hours later, then cleaned up the dishes and ran some laundry. 'Karyn' was enclosed in her office and I knew she wouldn't come out until post production on her video was done.

I thought about going into the office, but the minute I did that I knew I'd be swamped with issues that would keep me busy until late. I unpacked the cards I'd made in the Philippines and set them out on the table, re-acquainting myself with the project.

I knew that Lord Mallory INC was hiding money. They had too many facilities around the world and definitely not enough reported income to support it all. So unless one of the founders was independently wealthy, they were either going bankrupt, or they weren't divulging information. They showed a loss quarter after quarter with little retained earnings, or at least that was what I read from their company profile site on some of the financial reporting software I had access to. They had huge increases in their cost of debt and it spelled bankrupt no matter how you looked at it.

Which was good news. If I could find a source of traffic for new investors or help them become current again, they might look favorably on me when I made the ask for Karyn. That, or alerting financial authorities so the company could be taken down...but that could spell doom for my wife getting back if the machine or whatever that switched their bodies was not accessible.

I needed 'Karyn' on my side. So far, she seemed happy. We hadn't talked about the fight that had caused her to go to her 'parents' nor why she mysteriously came back. I suspected Janice recognized her daughter wasn't acting 'herself' and they had a fight. They barely could stand each other even when Karyn was operating her body...much less a stranger. Janice would have seen right though it and thought her daughter was on drugs probably.

She came out of the room and embraced me from behind. "Mmmm, hello lover."

"Hi Darling," I said collecting the notecards.

"What's all this?"

"Oh a new work project. How did your vlog go?"

"Wonderfullllll!" she giggled. "We're all set for the launch next month, I'm so excited!"

"Ah...is that the new makeup line?"

"Yasssss." She snuggled me. "Pre-orders are up and the distributor is adding three more colors!"

"Ohh, very nice."

"Mhmmm," she buried her face in my neck, then licked it.

I couldn't help but shiver.

"Are you hungry? I thought I could get take out."

"Starving, lover."

"Hong Kong Café?"

She rattled a long phrase out in a foreign language. I took it to be Mandarin, but it could have been anything.

"I'm sorry?"

"Oh!" she stood up. "Sorry, darling. Yes, Hong Kong Café and I'd like Xiao Long Bao and yu xiang rou si."

"Ummm," I paused. "We've been going to Hong Kong café for years and those are not on the menu..."

"Oh, well, whatever you think I'll like." She said, with some doubt in her voice.

"Crab Rangoon and Chicken Chop suey?"

She shivered. "Of course."

"Coming right up!"

I made the call and grabbed my keys.

***

"Mmm," she said after finishing her meal. "That was wonderful."

I smiled at her. "You hated it. I could see you barely containing your gag reflex."

She dropped her smile.

"Look, I know you're not Karyn."

She just stared at me, her face a mask.

"But that's okay. I think it's hot."

She frowned. "You...do?"

I stood up. This was my chance. I couldn't blow this, she had to believe it.

"Yes. I adored Karyn, but now you're her and she's no longer who she was."

"Is that why you left for all those weeks? She...contacted you?"

I nodded.

She exhaled. "You have no idea how hard this has been."

"I can imagine."

"And you're really okay with me in your wife's body?"

"Yes."

She smiled and came to me. "Good, because I really like being with you."

She sat on my lap, and I brushed her long platinum hair off her shoulder, kissing it softly.

She moaned. "This body is sooooo sexy."

"Mmmm, yes. Let me show you how much."

"Okayyyy!" she giggled as I lifted her into my arms, and took her back to the bedroom.

I just hoped somehow, some way, some where, Karyn, the real Karyn, would understand.
--------------------------
If you enjoyed this chapter, you can get it and more on my Patreon.
It's also available in its entirety on Gumroad

up
21 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gritted Teeth

joannebarbarella's picture

Robert is really heroic to put up with his wife not being his wife, and all the real Karyns struggling to retrieve their real selves.