The Thirteenth Witch - Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Hey all,

Been a minute since I've posted anything. I decided to take a stab at doing Nanowrimo, so thought I'd post up my chapters here. After April's Fool, I decided I had more to say about Witches, eldritch horrors, and the meaning of love and transformation. Let me know what you think. This book is not written by AI, although I did use it for help with the Old English, editing, and the images.

I'll be posting twice-ish per week. I am posting daily chapters on my Patreon however, along with other stuff related to transformation!



The Thirteenth Witch
by Raine Monday

Prologue

Of Sælicbrook

In þe ælden tymes, bifor þe split of land and þe swift growþ of man's ræches, þere was a stede, hid from mannes eye, yclept Sælicbrook. 'Twas a hallowed ground, cradled by þe armes of Grendel’s Mounts, and þriving unseen 'twixt þe creases of realities.
Ne by þe chart or path may one fynd it, for Sælicbrook abideth in both þe seen and þe unseen, þe þere and þe þence. It lieth æver under þe watchful eighen of þe olden gods and þe eldritch kynrede þat roame its æther.

On þe time þat þe firmament weaveth thin and þe stars align in fateful ordnung, Sælicbrook revealeth itsellf to þose with þe gift of þe second sight. To þe unawares, 'tis naught but brume and þe idle chattering of brook to willow.

Yet þe wyse know þe trume. For in Sælicbrook's embrace, magick stirs; ælde þat is æterne, awaiting þe chosen to tread its cobbled wegs and unfurl þe misterys long slept in its bosom.

So take heed, þe seeker of þe þreades of fate, for to enter Sælicbrook is to steppe beyond þe mere veil of this middangeard and to walk þe twilight paþ of those þat dwell 'yond þe edge of our kenning.

—"Þæt Bēc Þrīwa-Wǣfena Paða"
**Translated Text:

Of Sælicbrook
In the ancient times, before the division of the land and the rapid expansion of mankind's domains, there existed a place, hidden from human sight, known as Sælicbrook. It was sacred ground, nestled in the arms of Grendel’s Mountains, flourishing unseen between the folds of reality.
No map or path can lead one to it, for Sælicbrook dwells in both the visible and invisible, the here and the beyond. It lies forever under the watchful eyes of the ancient gods and the strange kin that roam its ether.

Only when the sky fabric grows thin and the stars align in a destined order does Saelicbrook reveal itself to those with the gift of second sight. To the unaware, it is nothing but mist and the idle chattering of a brook to a willow.

Yet the wise are aware of the truth. For within Saelicbrook’s embrace, magic stirs; an ageless power, eternal, waiting for the chosen to walk its cobbled ways and unveil the mysteries that have long slumbered within its heart.

So beware, the seeker of the threads of destiny, for to enter Sælicbrook is to step beyond the mere veil of this world and to walk the twilight path of those that dwell beyond the boundary of our understanding.

"The Book of Thrice-Woven Paths" (Tome I, Chapter IV, Page 78)

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This looks like a promising

This looks like a promising start.

Thx for another nice story^^

let there be Witches and Magic again

This sounds like a book of remembrance, of what used to be,
and what is still here. But unseen by most.
Let there be Intrigue in the world of Magic again.
Look's promising.

Polly J