The New Girl

Printer-friendly version

Hi Reddit. I am making this post as I wanted to tell people about how my life turned out. You can choose not to believe me, but here it is regardless. I can’t tell you my real name, so I will say my name was Bernie. I was a shy, unassuming teen. I had a rough life, beginning with my father throwing me out of their house on my 18th birthday because he decided it was time that I went my own way. And I never had an 18th birthday party.

My parents never treated me well at home, and I was relieved to leave my childhood house with only the things I could stuff in a backpack.

The first night I slept in an alleyway, being cold and hungry. I wandered into the city and found the formerly “gay” part of town. During the day, I watched many men and women walking on the sidewalks together but never holding hands. These people had to act this way due to the “Don’t Say Gay” and the anti-transgender laws the Republicans enacted in 2029 when they came into power. I felt sorry for how they were mistreating the LGBT community, but there wasn’t much I could do.

I was getting hungry, made my way to a coffee shop, bought myself a coffee and a sandwich, and sat down to watch the people coming in. An older, obviously gay couple saw me and motioned me over to their table.

“Hi, our names are Tom and Howard.”

“I’m Bernie. It’s nice to meet you.”

“We can see that you are alone and probably kicked out of your home. Do you need a place to stay?” they asked him.

“Yes, please! My parents kicked me out on my 18th birthday yesterday, and I have nowhere to go.” I replied

“No problem, you can stay with us until you can get on your feet.”

“Thank you for your generosity.”

“You’re welcome. We make it a point to help the young men who come here alone. Tell us a little about yourself.”

“Well, as you can see, I’m on my own. I can tell you one thing I never told my parents. I don’t know why, but I like guys. But that’s not all. I have this feeling that I should have been someone else.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I don’t feel right being a guy. I have always had this nagging feeling that I should have been a girl for pretty well my whole life.”

“With all the anti-trans laws enacted, that will be hard to deal with.”

“Tell me about it. I’m not sure what I can do about it.”

“We know a few people who might be able to help you. We have many transgender people living underground here. It might not be legal to be transgender in public, but they can’t do anything about what you do privately.”

We finished our coffees, and they led me to a large home on a quiet street. Tom knocked on the door, and a beautiful woman answered. She was stunning.

“Hey Tom, what brings you and Howard here?” asked Belinda.

“Hi Belinda, this young man is Bernie. We were hoping you could help him find his way,” replied Tom.

Belinda looked me up and down. “Let me guess. You want to become a woman.”

I didn’t say anything but nodded my head.

“Well, come in, Sugar. Let us look at you.”

We all stepped inside, and Belinda surveyed me up and down. “So I take it you are trans but don’t know what you can do about it?”

“I replied, “Yes, I have had this feeling my entire life, but I was afraid to tell anyone.”

“That’s good since they would have sent you to a conversion therapy camp to break you.”

“That was my fear as well. It happened to a school friend, and he was never the same afterward and committed suicide at 17.”

Belinda motioned to one of the other young women in the house, and she walked over to meet us.

“Bernie, this is Wendy,” stated Belinda. “Wendy, could you take this young man upstairs and make a girl out of him?”

“My pleasure Ms. B, Let’s go upstairs, Bernie.”

I left Tom and Howard chatting with Belinda and followed Wendy upstairs.

Wendy first led me to the bathroom and motioned me to remove my clothes and shower. Wendy also told me to shave myself and my body so no hair is left.

About an hour later, she knocked on the door and asked me how I was doing. I opened the door wearing a towel, and followed her to a nearby bedroom. There was an outfit on a bed, and she showed me how to put on a bra and panties and helped me pull the dress over my head.

Wendy then sat me down at a makeup table and proceeded to apply some makeup and style my hair. I was amazed at my transformation from a young man into an attractive woman.

I almost cried when I saw that girl in the mirror. It was like looking at myself for the first time in my life.

Wendy then helped me into a pair of shoes, and we went back downstairs.

We found Belinda, Tom, and Howard in the lounge, and they all stopped talking and stared at me.

“She cleans up great, don’t you think?” remarked Belinda with a big smile.

Tom and Howard were both smiling as well. “You look great, Bernie, I knew we brought you to the right place,” said Tom

Belinda looked at me and stated, “We can’t call you Bernie any longer. Have you thought of another name?”

“What about Bernice?”

Belinda smiled. “Bernice, it is then.”

Tom said, “It’s up to you, Bernice, but Belinda told us you can stay here if you like. You can learn a lot from these girls. They are all transgender women living here. They make an income performing in drag shows, and even though public performances are not allowed, they can still perform privately for our community.”

I looked at Belinda and said, “I would love to stay here. You have been so much help to me in such a short time.”

“Tom, Howard, I can’t thank you enough for bringing me here. If there is anything I can do for you both, please let me know.”

And so began my transition towards becoming a girl.

Update 1

Hi, thanks again, Reddit. Thank you for all your comments on my first post. I wanted to give an update on what happened to me. My time in this house was the best time of my life. The other trans girls showed me how to live as a woman, and I began to perform in their weekly drag show. We had a small venue we used and sold tickets to the community. We never had an open-door policy, so nobody could walk off the street to see our show.

I was on stage one Friday night, lip-syncing to a fun song. Suddenly the doors burst open, and police stormed the venue. I could not get away in my dress and high heels; frankly, I was standing on the stage in shock. The other girls escaped through a back exit, but the police accosted me too quickly. They led me to a waiting van in handcuffs and threw me into the back.

I found myself at the police station, and they read me my rights and charged me with wearing a dress in public as a man and performing in a public drag show. (Even though it wasn’t a public show).

They forced me to strip my clothes, gave me a cavity search, and I had to wear a prison jumpsuit.

The police then took me to court and read the charges before a judge. The court provided a public defender for me (who did nothing), and the judge convicted me of wearing a dress in public and indecently performing in a public drag show and sentenced me to 20 years in prison.

After the judge convicted me, the bailiff took me to a male prison and led me to a cell.

Being in prison was the worst time in my life as I was repeatedly raped by the other prisoners or spent time in the infirmary recovering from the constant rapes.

I felt suicidal and couldn’t imagine continuing my life like this, and I attempted to off myself. I wasn’t successful and wound up in the infirmary again.

This time another man accompanied the doctor.

“Why did you try to kill yourself?” He asked.

“Because I have no hope to survive this repeated abuse, and I want to end my life as soon as possible.”

They looked at each other, and then he looked back at me.

“What if I offered you an alternative?”

“Sorry if I don’t see any alternative right now.”

The man smiled and said, “There are always alternatives.”

I looked at him expressionlessly and replied, “You must explain yourself. I don’t know what you are talking about.”

He smiled and replied to me. “I understand that you think of yourself as a transgender woman. Unfortunately, they are no longer allowed in our society. Even if you survive your sentence, which doesn’t seem likely, you will probably be arrested again when you leave prison.”

He continued, “I can offer you an alternative to your present situation. You wish more than anything that you could become a real woman, right?”

I replied, “Y-yes.”

“What if I could grant you this wish?”

I was silent and didn’t know what to say.

“I represent a company that can help you. In 2021, we discovered a way to change men into women. It’s been over ten years, and we have had numerous successes performing this transformation.”

“What would I have to do?”

“Well, you would first have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. We would then perform the transformation and give you a new identity and a new life as a woman.”

“What’s the downside?”

“You would never be a man again and live as a woman for the rest of your life. You would be genetically a woman and would be able to get pregnant and give birth.”

“You call this a downside? To me, that would be a dream come true. But I don’t understand why you are doing this.”

“Recently, the government is receiving much backlash from the public as the news of what happens to transgender women in prison gets out. The government wants to solve this problem, and the cost of keeping you imprisoned for twenty years is several million dollars.”

“So, you have a choice. We can return you to the general prison population as previously, or you can sign the NDA, and we can begin the transformation to your new life. Which is it?”

I signed the NDA, and the man opened a case and gave the doctor a syringe. He injected my arm and told me there would be several additional shots.

The first three shots were uneventful, as I felt nothing. But then shot number four made me very sick, and I thought my life would end. I felt better in a couple of weeks, and the doctor told me he would give me the final shot. This one nearly killed me. I thought I was going to die. Every part of my body was on fire, and I could not move. Eventually, I started to feel better, and the pain left my body.

Then the changes started to appear. My chest started growing breasts. My penis began to shrink, my skin felt softer, and my fat distribution changed. It was working. I was changing into a woman. Every day I looked into the mirror; I saw rapid changes. In three months, I could pass for a woman. I now had a vagina, my boobs were still sore, and my penis looked like a large clitoris. They performed minor surgery on me to make a clitoris and relocate my urinary tract to where a woman had it located.

One day, the man visited me in the infirmary and said, “We have finished your transformation, and you are ready to begin your new life. He handed me identification cards with a new name and several credit cards in this name. We walked out of the prison together, and he took me to a small apartment in my new name. They also enrolled me in a college. He told me they would pay all expenses until I graduated and found a job.

So, this is my new life. I am now a beautiful woman, attending college and working towards a degree in finance. I have even started dating since so many guys have asked me out. My old life is a distant nightmare, and it feels to me like it never happened. If I have anything else to tell you, I may make a further update.

Update 2

Hi Reddit. It’s been five years since I last posted my story, and much has happened since. I graduated from university with a degree and found a boyfriend. He asked me to marry him, so you could call him my fiancée. Richard is a great guy, and we met while I was in Uni. We clicked, and the rest is history. Richard will be a lawyer after his internship, and we have a great relationship. I also found a position in a large company, and they recently promoted me.

One day, I was wondering what happened to my original parents. Part of my NDA was I couldn’t reveal myself to them as their former son. I didn’t mind this but I wanted to see what happened to them. I drove over to my old house and found it vacant with a for sale sign on the lawn. I asked a neighbor what had happened.

She replied, “I remember after they threw their son out, they constantly argued with each over. The wife cheated on the husband with another man. He threw her out of the house, and recently they divorced and were in the process of selling the house.”

I replied, “Thanks for telling me, as I am interested in buying the place and was curious about the house’s history.”

I called the realtor and asked about the price. It was affordable, so I placed an offer on the home and bought it. There were some old memories there, but I had the house completely renovated before moving in, so little is left. I never contacted my parents as I didn’t want to stir up any issues.

One day I was out in the yard, and my mother pulled up and waved me over. I was shocked to see her, but I kept my cool.

I said, “Hi, can I help you?”

She replied, “Hi. I just wanted to meet the person who bought my old house.”

She didn’t recognize me, and I didn’t tell her, who I was, but I did give her a house tour to show her what I had done with the place.

Mom was impressed and said, “I’m happy the house has gone to such a nice girl.”

I replied, “I’m getting married next year and hoping to raise a family here.”

She hugged me and said, “I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming marriage, and I hope your family will be much better than mine.

“Would you like to stay for a coffee?”

Over the next couple of hours, she told me about her marriage and abusive husband. She continued that her only child was thrown out of their home as soon as he turned eighteen, and she had no idea what had happened to him, as she had looked for years but found no trace of him. Her biggest regret in life was that she lost him.

I shed a tear and said, “I’m sorry for you, but he sounds like a great guy and probably landed on his feet somewhere, and you would probably be proud of him. Why didn’t you stop your husband from throwing him out?”

“He physically abused me when I objected to his plan. The morning he threw him out, I was in the bedroom, nursing bruises and a black eye. I soon found comfort with another man, and we recently divorced when he found out. He tried to strike me, but I stood my ground and told him I would call the police and have him charged if he touched me. I had no regrets about leaving him, and I’m sorry I had ever married such a cruel man.”

We talked about life for a long time, and I got her contact information and asked if we could stay in touch and if she would like to attend my wedding.

Mom hugged me and said she would love to attend, and she felt like I was the daughter she never had. If only she had realized how true this was. I can never tell her who I am, but I hope to continue a relationship with her.

On the other hand, I have no desire to contact my abusive father. He is nothing to me now, after betraying me on my birthday all those years ago.

I must go now as Richard is calling me on my phone and probably wants to go out tonight for dinner.

Maybe I will update again, maybe not.

up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahhhhh

It's so frightening because despite the transformation, this all could become true. Republicans have made it known this is the world they want.... I'm honestly terrified but I'll never detransition, they'll have to kill me

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Republicans worry me. I do agree

Julia Miller's picture

This was part of the reason I wrote this little story. I dreamed about it (nightmare?) one night, and when I woke up, I jotted down the basic story. I put in the idea of a female transformation from a previous story that I wrote, to at least give it a happy ending or it would have been too depressing.

A nice little story

Alice-s's picture

Apart from the medical side of things, the first part of the story and projections for a gop government are all too believable.

Not quite believable ...

... because a government that made being transgender illegal would probably also make it legal for a husband to hit his wife.

:-(

The best of times/the worst of times

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Interesting story, Julia. A bit of Brit snuck in there (“Uni”!). I like the idea that all the money they spent incarcerating trans people could be saved by actually helping them transition!

I’ve been noodling ideas for a dystopian “what if it happened here” story, but so far, they won’t gel. I think you have captured the most fundamental parts. All the anti-trans legislation in the world won’t make trans people into cis people. And, even in the midst of repression and injustice, good people still find a way to make a difference.

Thanks!

Emma

Too bad Americans don't say Uni, lol

Julia Miller's picture

Being Canadian, we are in between the Brits and Yanks on language. There are many British terms we use, as well as American ones. We have our own accents though.

Too bad Americans don't say Uni, lol

Julia Miller's picture

Being Canadian, we are in between the Brits and Yanks on language. There are many British terms we use, as well as American ones. We have our own accents though.