Tears of the Princess -- Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Tears of the Princess

By Melodie Thomas

Edited by Holly Hart

Tears of the Princess

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tears of the Princess -- Chapter 9

Love how Stephanie is there to help him with Lin and the investigation.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Not a good sign!

A not so subtle clue that their op has been busted. They are slowly ferreting out the corruption. I'm not sure Smith is a part of Spec Ops command. That would make a good cover for someone making a visit to arrange other things. However it is a clue.

hugs
Grover

Be very careful from here

Elsbeth's picture

Absolutely, these people have lots of money and can use it to make his life and his friends very difficult.

Great story!

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Another good episode ..

... that seems to ask more questions than it answers, which is always a good thing in my book. I still haven't ruled out the possibility that McNeil himself isn't innocent - Melodie could be that devious.

Thanks

Robi

Seeing things that frighten you.

Sometimes I feel like the Twilight Zone is actually the real world. In my abortive attempts to get involved with "The Scene" a few years ago, and because of what I have seen since, I get really creeped out sometimes. Oh, I am not talking conspiracy theories here because the evil operate so routinely that the idea of a concealed conspiracy is simply ludicrous. Who needs a hidden agenda when an open one works just fine?

I knew a man who had a slave slave woman. The only reason that I did not go running to the police was that she was like totally willing, though I wonder what her psychology was like? I have no room to talk because, at the time, I was actually jealous of her.

Another time, I met a man and his slave, who he'd purchased from somewhere over there. She seemed quite willing on the surface. Maybe she was just happy to be in a country as prosperous as the USA was then. I knew where he was from, and a year or so later, I found out that a man matching his description and locale had been arrested by the FBI for human trafficing.

At times, even now, the pull is still there for me, and in spite of the happiness in my life, if a man I loved wanted to collar me, I could not resist. However, with the comments of other women, I might frighten men because there are rumors that I was some sort of black ops or Navy Seal person. I wonder what they see that is so off putting? My roomates tell me that I am sickeningly girly.

So, you may or may not think this story is fiction, but in the light of what I have seen and because of the statistics that are easily available to the general public, I sometimes wonder. I hope the author does not get to close and get hurt.

Much Peace

Gwendolyn

DAMMIT!!

Another stinking cliffhanger, you ... you ... you .... wonderful writer you!!!
Deeper and deeper we go.

Hugs,
Erica

Interesting method of reaching needed conclusions.

Whether Stephanie is really there in some way, or it is Dan's subconscious working the results tend to give him insights he and the others need to have.

Getting to a resolution in this mess isn't going to be easy, is it?

Maggie

I heard a story

Last week on NPR about humyn slave trafficking. Men in SE Asia were offered work at factories, not near the coast, but were put on Thai fishing boats as slaves. The boats would stay at sea and transfer their catch to other ones (factory ships?). The slaves had no chance of escaping. One man was on a boat that got somewhat close to land; he jumped off and survived swimming over 3 miles to land. The fishing boats are unregulated because the government wants all the fish that can be brought in to feed the Thai people.

Thanks for continuing this excellent story.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee