End of Days 2: Antepenultimate

Printer-friendly version

Antepenultimate

This is Part 2. Read 'Preantepenultimate' first.

~o~O~o~

Beyond is an unusual place.

It is the deepest, darkest valley you could possibly imagine - where not even the thousand suns of Lucifer's Kingdom could shine down on.

Here, you must learn to love the darkness, embrace it and absorb it - but never let it know that you are afraid.

Everyone is your enemy in the Beyond, and they make you out to be the bad guy - so why not become the bad guy?

Rifles strapped to his back, handguns to his side, shades on, a fat cigar corrupting his lungs. He is the definition of badass - 'The Gunslinger' they have even started calling him around these parts.

This neutral fear and hatred had managed to keep his journey relatively quiet and unnoticed, but he knew he had to warn Lucifer of himself - he owed him that much.

The Messenger was a simple man, yet The Gunslinger knew he was so much more than that. He was the most powerful man in the universe, disguised as a delivery boy.

He had told The Messenger his plan, and thus made it into prophecy. The co-ordinates of the safe-house were set in stone, and the princess was all his.

Until he reached those gates, nothing could stop him. After that, fate and chance would take charge and he could only hope for the best.

~o~O~o~

Weeks had passed since The Messenger's warning and the supposed 'Gunslinger' was nowhere in sight.

Lucifer's Kingdom had returned to normal; not even death could halt his reign.

His name was carved on to that throne long before it was the bullet, and nothing could stop him.

The Princess had long since come to the conclusion that her existence was pointless - she would never be Queen. Lucifer was unstoppable and he knew it, the Princess could die and it would mean nothing.

The Messenger was a fool to believe otherwise. The very same Messenger now locked away in the dungeons, in eternal pain and as close to death as one could possibly be.

Lucifer laid back on his throne and examined his daughter and his kingdom, smiling at their natural beauty. All was well.

~o~O~o~

The Messenger winced, "I've been expecting you."

"I've heard things. Rumors, accusations..."

"Of the end of days?" He held his dislocated shoulder in continued agony as he faced the shadowed character on the other side of his cell.

"Yes, and I heard you were the man who started this... this..."

"Prophecy?"

"I guess..."

The Messenger let out a throaty laugh, "The end of days was quite a statement I guess. But it got your attention did it not? The end of days are near, I suppose. But the clue is in the name..."

The shadowed character shook their head in disbelief, "Just give it to me straight you freak!"

"Hahaha freak, I love it! Well like I said the clue is in the name, this is not the end. But it's not the beginning either. The Gunslinger has traveled far and I need you to come with me so we can reach the Penultimate. Only then can we hope to see the end of days."

"And who says I want to see the world end?"

"My master, your master..."

The shadowed character slowly started backing away as the tone of The Messenger's voice grew angrier.

"And you are the final piece, his vengeance shall be sweet, justice will be served, and the end of days are before us! For now though, I shall leave you at his mercy, deep in the valley and Beyond!"

~o~O~o~

The Gunslinger cautiously pushed aside the steel door, peering both ways to make sure he was alone.

"So this is the place..." He muttered to himself - as he was so used to doing.

A white blank wall overpowered the otherwise grotty room. It was here that The Gunslinger took his seat, upon the throne of rags, and there he waited. Waited for the collision of the worlds.

~o~O~o~

To Be Continued 12.13.12

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting

Wondering where this is heading? Hope I don't have to wait until 12-21-2012 for the last piece :(

Sephrena

anime-girls-anime-girls-3786373-800-600.jpg

Antepenultimate is a most inteesting title,

Antepenultimate-Coming before the next to the last in a series. third from last has me wondering what's gonna happen.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine