End of Days 3: Penultimate

Printer-friendly version

Penultimate

Apologies for the slight delay.

~o~O~o~

"You know it as well as I do... Your existence means nothing. There is no reason for why I shouldn't kill you right here, right now."

The Princess' mouth quivered, her cheeks red from fallen tears. Yet she said nothing. She couldn't. Her time was up.

The Gunslinger carefully loaded up his handgun with a slight touch of pride. What right did a boy have to hold such a clinical tool of destruction? It was beautifully horrid in his eyes how he had been allowed to so easily slip under the radar and wonder into Lucifer's Kingdom armed so heavily.

"It's a shame you can't stay though." He spoke with genuine compassion, "Your beauty and all round good nature is so hard to find in today's world."

"So it's all because of my father then? That's why I have to die? Because..."

"Because you are the future Queen of the Underworld? A maiden of hell?"

The Princess nodded.

"Lies! Lucifer is not your father, and this is not where you belong."

"I knew it!" A smile shone through her damp face, to her it was like a weight had been lifted from her very soul. The weight of the Underworld.

"He has been feeding you lies. I was much the same, until I learned to believe in the light, and now I chase it."

"So...so why must I die?"

"Like I said, your very existence is now pointless. But a part of you shall live on."

The Princess, in a confused state, stood up and walked closer to The Gunslinger, almost like she had forgotten about the weapon directed at her brain.
"How?" She asked.

"We're the same... you and me. This hell that is now our world is both of our enemies. And here lie all of our demons, phantoms and Lucifer. The people here call me a mad-man, intent on bringing the end of days. The truth is... days as we know and love them ended a long time ago. I'm just here to let our world die in a little dignity."

"So what are you, an angel?"

"Perhaps. If I can earn my wings..."

"By killing Lucifer?"

"Yes, but I cannot do it alone. Will you help me?"

"Well put that bloody gun down and I might consider it!"

"No."

"WHAT?!"

"I'm afraid I can't, you must die, here and now. Your blood must paint this white blank wall and our souls must become one, it is the only way Lucifer can be stopped."

"I...I..."

"WE ARE THE SAME! No longer must we live in fear, doubt or denial. Together we shall march to victory and towards the light!"

"You're nuts!"

"And they will know our name is the Lord when we lay our vengeance upon all of them motherfucking demons!"

~o~O~o~

Brace Yourselves For The End Of Days.
To Be Concluded 12.20.12

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gunslinger & Princess

story is getting wilder with each and every posting. Love the idea. Please keep 'em a coming.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine