Choices -- Chapters 11 & 12

Printer-friendly version

Choices

by M.N. Thomas

edited by Bill Durr and Tom Peashey

Choices

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That...

...how beer tastes through the nose comment was priceless.

Life can be frustrating and confusing

Very few of us are so absolutely one-dimensional as to be completely happy with how we look, how we feel, and how the world views us. Many of us are "in-between" enough to find it difficult to fit the black-and-white, strictly male or female stereotypes. Tiffany is searching for her comfort zone. She just hasn't found it quite yet.

I really worry about the "tarry" vomitus. If she is truly intersexed, and has some female internal anatomy, any monthly discharges should be building up in her abdominal cavity if they are not being reabsorbed. That is very dangerous, and potentially fatal. But vomiting said discharge implies that her gastrointestinal tract is somehow affected as well, and that there may be cancer involved that is spreading.

I love how you've brought Tiffany along, with all her confusion and uncertainty, but now I am so worried about her health. We can't lose Tiffany now! I await your next chapters while praying for patience.

SuZie

Our heroine needs to go to a doctor like last month!

Significant body shape/fat redistribution changes, budding breasts. Those disturbing bouts of cramps and diarrhea are as some have argued either proof of intersex. Possibly to the point of her being a genetic girl with uterus, ovaries and all. Or they are signs of cancer or other deadly side effects of unmonitored HRT and/or his years of never seeing a doctor.

As to her breakup several chapters back with Carol... He had a swimmers build,. If I recall his * male bits* were smallish, at least not big. And he could not get an erection for this woman he or she still regrets breaking up with.

Did his penis ever get an erection? For men, women, morning wood?

What is going in here?

Plus as the bar fight proved not only are the self administered hormones a ticking time bomb but his/her cross dressing is a huge one.

Time to get some qualified medical and psych help guy, girl, both whatever.

It is like she is reacting to life rather than pursuing any set goal.

Nice tale.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Excellent chapters

Though I really hope that one of her next choices is to see a Doctor, before she has a fatal accident

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Water Shead.

Land Slide, Avalanche, or Tsunami, are all words that come to mind. Some times it is preparations meet opportunity, decides when we transition into our real selves.

And Tif does need to see a doctor like yesterday, there is something not correct in her lower 40 and it needs attended to.

Huggles
Misha Nova

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

He owes it to her...

...and everyone who loves both of them to see a doc.

"He thought I had a cute butt"

aww. Maybe her orientation is going to evolve into being that of a straight woman ....

DogSig.png

Location, location, location....

Andrea Lena's picture

“I can’t explain it all to you. I don’t know the answers myself. I am still learning as I go. Do I want to go through life as a woman? I don’t know. All I do know is that I am becoming more and more comfortable being Tiffany, and I miss it when I can’t. There is nothing sexual about it. It is just part of me, a part that I can’t explain.”

This is where I'm at most of the time! Thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Tim/Tiffany needs a doctor, stat

Brooke Erickson's picture

Black, tarry stools mean *serious* internal bleeding. Even I know that. that she doesn't...

Her life must have been even more sheltered than most.

Also, the pain after that gut punch should have led to a doctor's visit by any sensible person. *sigh*

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

How much longer will it be before Tiffany/Tim see a Dr?

I'm enjoying reading this story very much, a I've enjoyed all of your other stories Melodie. Personally I think that intersex people are more common then most realize. The estimated numbers that are cited are all over the place. Some reports say as low as 1 in 10,000 to as high as 1 in 200 or even 1 in 50 people are intersex. the problem has been due to the long standing policy of erasing an records of children who were born intersex that had under gone gender assignment surgery as infants.

Tiffany/Tim's loss of erections, such as they were, no sexual desire one way or the other, little body hair, small under developed male genitals, an androgynous body, small stature, higher then average voice for a male, no adams apple, stomach cramps and foul smelling bloody discharge every four weeks or so all sound rather familiar to me, as I've experienced something much the same. While I had suspected that there was a fair chance that I might be intersex, it wasn't until I was 3 years into my transition, that I was able to afford to get medical conformation that was in deed born with an as yet unknown intersex condition. In my case, the best evidence are all the surgical scars on my genitals from having under gone gender assignment surgery as an infant to assign me as a male. My natural hormone levels were all wacky, (my endos description.) Back when I was still clueless and still trying to be the good male, I used to get frustrated at how often I would be mistaken for a woman on the phone. since transitioning other trans people how've met me remark a how good my voice is and ask how long I've been practicing it. they're floored when I explain that this is my natural voice. After I had started transitioning and had made good progress on getting electrolysis to get rid of my facial hair, (which BTW: was the result of getting testosterone shots in my late teens and early twenties), I very quickly became passable even though I had not started HRT yet. After I was finally able to start on HRT, it was surprising at just how fast I reached the point that I could no longer pass as male, even though I was trying to at the time for work and doing business. The event that convinced me to at last go full time and start working on my legal Name and gender marker changes was the day I went to the library to get a replacement for my worn out library card. I handed my old card and my drivers license to the librarian and requested a new card. She looked at the license then at me and back again doing a double take a few times. She got a puzzled look and asked my if I was Mrs Urban? I had to explain that no I was indeed Mr Urban and that I wasn't married. She shrugged and issued me a new card. I stared on changing my name and gender markers later that week. I have been living happily full time for over five years now and there's no way that I could ever pass as a male ever again.

Living the dream.
Hugs,
Tamara Jeanne