Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 3: Chapter 06

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 3: “Dynasty.”

Chapter 06: “Pink, Blue, and Everything In Between.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Reality, Lee's Reality. Place, the Devil's Hotel of De La Plata Podrido. Time, the night after Lee returned to her reality, from her long journey in the multiverse.

It was nine PM sharp, roughly eight hours after River took Lee to the beach, to have some intimate fun.

The sun had finally going completely down the horizon, giving way to the night.

At the moment, Melanie stood in front of the entrance, on the sidewalk, under the awning of the Devils' Hotel, as she patiently waited for her date to arrive.

Melanie was wearing the same clothing, including pants, a shirt, and shoes, that she had worn that day.

As Melanie still in the cool night air, she thought, 'One of the good things about this change, is that due to the super-soldier serum, mild cool air doesn't really both me. Actually, I am enjoying not wearing a jacket... Now, where is my date... Not that I am complaining. I only walked out here a few seconds ago.'

Melanie than saw a car, with its headlights on, come into the parking lot of the Devil's Hotel, from the road.

As the car got closer, from the lights on the outer hotel walls, and lamp lights in the parking lot, Melanie could make out the vehicle coming towards her.

The car was a nice, two door, blue, nineteen sixty eight, Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible.

Melanie saw that the hood and windows were up on the car.

As the car came to a stop, in front of her, with the passenger door on her side, she recognized who the car belonged to.

Melanie thought, with mild amusement, 'Ah... There she is... She must have decided to close up early, so she could be here at nine. And I only had to wait less than a minute. Punctuality is a good way to start a date... Still, I do not even know her name. But, I trust Lee. And while that woman has a wicked, but nice sense of humor. I am sure this date should turn out alright.

Melanie then tried the door latch and found it unlocked.

As she opened the door, and got in, she thought, 'Have the door already unlocked for me was a nice touch.'

Melanie got into her seat, and shut the door.

Next, Melanie buckled herself, as she turned to see that Bao was wearing some casual clothing as well. Including, a shirt, pants, and shoes. Also, she had on her seat belt.

Melanie thought, 'She looks nice. And this is just a simple date. We are not doing anything extravagant. Besides, this is my first time dating as woman. I am happy with this type of date. I would prefer it to be a woman I am with. And for the date to be casual. I am not yet conformable wearing dresses. But, from some talking to some of my friends in Hotel Moscow that have been women longer. They say that uneasiness should go away away a time.'

'Now, to confirm where we are going.'

But, for Melanie could inquire, Bao turned to her, as she asked, in english, “I trust you did not wait too long?”

Melanie looked at Bao's face, as she calmly responded, in english, “No, I did not wait long. So, we are heading to the Last Resort?”

Bao answered, “Yes. And let us keep this casual.”

Melanie replied, “My thoughts exactly.”

Bao said, “We should be there a few minutes.”

Both of them then turned to face the front of Bao's car, as Bao then used the clutch and stick to shift the manual transmission of car from park, and into gear.

Bao then drove them out of the parking lot, and onto the road, towards the Last Resort Diner.

(_)

Over the course of the next ten minutes, the drive was a quiet affair for Bao and Melanie.

As neither knew what to say.

For Bao, she was not sure if she should tell Melanie who she was.

And Melanie was trying her best not to ruin the mood, by saying something.

As they reached the parking lot to the Last Resort Diner, Bao broke the silence by asking, “So, what are you planning on getting?” As she made her way into the parking lot, Bao slowed down, as she search for an open space, that was close to the diner's front entrance.

Melanie continued to look forward, as she casually answered, “I was thinking some two scrambled eggs, toast, and grits, with orange juice. How about you?”

By then, Bao had found a parking space near the found that they could use. She turned into the parking space, and shifted the car into park, as she stated, “I was thinking having a ham and cheese omelet, hash-browns, toast, and milk, for myself.” She then turned off the car.

Both women then unbuckled themselves, got out of the car, with them locking their doors, before they shut them.

Bao was not worry about leaving the top down. There was not a cloud in the sky, and given the windows of the dinner, one of them would be in sight of the car at all times.

They then casually walked together, to the front entrance.

When the reach the windowed double-doors of the diner, Melanie stepped ahead of Bao, and held the right door open for Bao.

Melanie said, “You bought the car, it is only fair that I open the door.”

Bao giggled a little. She then replied, “Okay.” She mentally added, 'It is clear that Melanie is not going to completely let me be the man in this date... Not that I am complaining.'

Bao walked inside, with Melanie follow behind her, and allowing the door to springs to automatically close the door behind them.

As they walked inside, Bao turned to her right, and sat down at a front booth. With her facing the entrance, and the front window to her right side.

Melanie slid into the seat across the table from Boa. With her back to the entrance, and her left side by the front window.

Bao then took a looked around. She saw the redhead woman, in her late twenties, Ed manning the tables on their side. With the slightly younger black haired woman, Lori helping one of the tanned skinned, black haired man, in his early twenties, wash dishes and utensils, behind the main counter.

The other tanned skinned, black haired man, in his early twenties, was cooking at the on the grill, against the back wall, behind the counter.

Bao noticed that the two black haired men look very similar to each other, but she could also tell they did look a little, different from one another.

Bao thought, 'Lee said that the Lowe family was working here. And now that I take a closer look at them, I can recognize them for who they are. And it is clear that Lewis and Stan were taking turned being George and Mary. Not that I am complaining. That was a funny trick on their part. Also, I will have to ask which one of them is which. But, that is for later. Now, I need to focus on spending time with my date.'

Bao turned to look at Melanie, with Melanie looked back at her.

(_)

Nearby, Ed had just finished ringing up an order, as she saw Bao and Melanie at down from each other, at a booth, by the window.

With the window being to Bao's right side, and the window being to Melanie's let side.

Ed thought, with curiosity, 'What are those two doing together? I recognized Bao. And from the what the other woman looks like, I would guess that is Melvin. My family and I heard, from B, that Hotel Moscow finally caught Yurick, whom turned out to be Melvin. And that the new bartender at the Devil's Hotel was a brown haired woman named, Melanie.'

'After putting two and two together, I get that Melanie use to be Melvin. Sure, the hair color is different, but anyone could tell he dyed his hair blond. And he age is just right for coming out of the vat process. And the names are similar.'

'But, what is she, and Bao doing here, on what appears to be a date?... I have a feeling that Lee is responsible for this, in someway But, not in a bad way.'

'I wonder if they know about my family and I? Knowing Lee. That is very likely. I will have to watch these two, to see what happens. Because, I highly doubt they know who the other really is.'

'And I also need to take their orders.'

Ed then walked up to their table, as she pulled out her pen and note pad, to take down their orders.

Melanie and Bao looked up at Ed, as Ed kindly said, in english, “Hello. What can I get for both of you to drink?

Bao said, “Whole milk.”

Melanie answered, “Orange juice. But, I believe we are ready to order.”

Ed replied, “Okay.”

Melanie stated, “I will have two scrambled eggs, grits, and some wheat toast.”

Bao commented, “I will have a ham and cheese omelet, hash-browns, and raisin toast. No butter on my toast.”

Melanie said, “Same here. No butter on my toast. But, I want butter on the grits.”

Ed quickly wrote down their order. She then looked up at them, as she stated, “Okay. I will have your drinks out for you, in a minute.”

As Ed walked away to give Lewis their order, the two women then turned back to look at each other.

Melanie casually asked, “So, how are we going to deal with the check? I am more than willing to pay for the whole bill.”

Bao offered, “So am I. How about we just split the bill?”

Melanie agreed, “That works for me. I find it interesting that Lee thought the two of us should go out on this date.”

Bao commented, “Well, Lee does have a good eye for details. And I trust her.”

Melanie replied, “Isn't that the truth. Though, she has the worst luck with women.”

Bao agreed, “You are right about that. So, how do you know, Lee?”

Melanie causally said, “Well, as I am sure you know, when you are someone's bartender for months, you get to know them...” Melanie's eyes went wide as she realized what she had said.

Bao thought, 'Wait a minute. Melanie only just started her job at the Devil's Hotel, as bartender. And the only two bartenders in town that spent months with Lee are myself, and Melvin.'

Bao then took a good hard looked at Melanie's face. Bao continued her thoughts, 'No way. It couldn't be. Could it? But, why?...' Bao questioned, “Melvin?”

Melanie looked away from Bao, as she quietly said, “Yea.” She bitterly thought, 'There goes our date. I blew it before I even got something to drink.'

Bao noticed this, she thought, 'I believe you think that me figuring out who you are blew our date. You could not be more wrong.' She stated in a comforting tone of voice, “Hold on. I am okay with you being this way. You haven't ruined our date. We are fine.”

Melvin turned back to look at Bao's face, as she gave Bao a weak smile. She replied, “Thank you.”

Bao asked, in a confused tone of voice, “No problem. And while I like your new name. Why would someone change you into a woman? And was it the vat process?”

Melanie stated, “It is kind of hard to explained... Hold it... How do you know about the vat process?...” Melanie looked more closely at Bao, as she realized, while she stated, “You have had it done to yourself?”

Bao sheepishly admitted, “Yes.”

Melanie questioned, “Who are you really?”

Bao softly said, “My name is, Bao.”

Melanie raised an eyebrow, as she responded, “Bao?... Yellowflag, Bao?...”

Bao questioned, “Yes... How did you know?”

Melanie said, with mild surprised, though in a soft tone of voice, “Oh my... No wonder Lee thought we have some much in common. I use to be with Hotel Moscow. I went to your bar there, a few times.”

Bao let out a small laugh. She then smiled towards Melvin, as she responded, “You don't say?”

Melanie returned Bao's smile, as she replied, “Yea.”

Bao said, “Well, this was unexpected... But, on par with Lee's machinations.”

Melanie halfheartedly commented, “I know. And the weirdness only gets stranger with Lee. Since Lee clearly knew all this ahead of time. Before she set us up on this date. Did she tell you about her stories?”

Bao answered, “Yes. I read them. I take it that you have, as well?”

Melanie replied, “Oh yes. And they were a long read.”

Bao responded, “Yes. They were. And to a degree, I can blame Lee for all this mess. Including, being a woman. But, I don't hate her for it. Honestly, I got my youth back. So, I am okay.”

Melanie agreed, “Same here. And I realized that given the road we are all on, before Lee's stories. That if our lives had not been altered, we would all probably be dead long ago. And likely in tragic ways.”

Bao stated, “I fully agree. For that, I am grateful to Lee.”

Melanie replied, “Yes. So am I.” She then continued in a slightly sad tone of voice, as she asked, “So, are we going to do this? Considering we now know who the other really is.”

Bao stated, in a plain, straightforward manner, “I don't see why not. Lee is quite right about us. We do have a lot in common. You are a decent person. I am a decent person. We both run bars. We both are from the same town, with similar backgrounds. Meaning we don't have to keep secrets from one another... Actually, we just likely told our biggest secrets to each other...”

Melanie giggled a little.

Bao cracked a grin, as she waiting for Melanie to stop giggling. Once Melanie did so, Bao continued, “Also, we both are bi.... Relationship wise, we should be compatible. So, I am more than willing to give it a go. If you are?”

Melanie agreed, in a happy tone of voice, “You're right. And I am more than willing to see where this leads us, as well. It might be good for both of us. If nothing else, we will have someone to talk to, that we can trust.”

Bao asked, “I am glad you agree. And speaking of, Lee. Did she tell you that she was pregnant?”

Melanie stated, “Yes. She was very open about it too. Like she was happy to be pregnant.”

Bao said, “From her comments, and mannerisms, I can see what you mean. I get the sense that she has a spent a lot of time as a girl.”

Melanie replied, “I agree. I would guess that Lee might like being a girl. You don't think that Lee might have always been like that upstairs?”

Bao said, “It would explain a lot about Lee's personality, and the stories she wrote.”

Melanie stated, “Even so. Lee is a nice person, and I wish her all the best.”

Bao replied, “I agree.”

Melanie commented, “Also, Lee stated that River was the father of the twins she is having.”

Bao said, “That doesn't surprise me. What surprises me was that Lee told me that River was Sam. I don't know how River pulled that off.”

Melanie pointed out, “I don't doubt that. And River is a genius, and she is very skilled at whatever she, or he, puts her mind too.”

Bao commented, “You got that right. And from what Lee told me, she and Chang have an understanding when it comes to their relationships with River.”

Melanie stated, “Let us be honest. Neither of them are going to cross River, and try to make her upset. Those two will do what they have to do, to keep River happy.”

Bao said, “That is what I figured, as well. Fortunately, from what I understand, River is easy to get along with, as long as the person is genuinely nice to her.”

Melanie replied, “Yes. The telepathy.”

Bao stated, “Exactly. And River was nice to us, as well. I wish all my customers were nice as those two.”

Melanie replied, “I know. Unfortunately, some of them can be real bitches.”

There was silence between the two of them. They looked at each other, as smiles slowing formed on their faces. The two of them said, in unison, “Revy.”

Both of them lightly laughed, for a few seconds.

As they calmed down, Bao complimented, “I heard what you did, on taking Revy's pistols... I am sorry... Cutlasses, away from her. That takes balls. Even though you lost yours.”

Melanie teased, “You are one to talk.”

Bao shrugged, as she agreed, “Yea. Though, I am envious that I was not gutsy enough to do that, myself. And over the years, I had plenty of reasons to do so.”

Melanie said, “I am sure. Though, that is okay. It was a gamble that her friends would not kill me for doing that.”

Bao replied, “Good point.”

Melanie inquired, “Now, that I know who you are, I have a few questions for you. Since being their bartender, as well. I have been wondering. With Revy and the others as you usual customers, how did you keep yourself from going insane from their craziness?”

Bao shrugged, as she answered, “I realized that staying sane, and calm, was the only way I was going to stay alive in those situations.”

Melanie complimented, “Good answer.”

Bao responded, “I know. But, it didn't mean I did not bitch at Revy now and again, for being a bitch and wrecking my bar.”

Melanie replied, “I completely understand.”

Bao commented, “You are probably the only person alive, who could understand my previous situations.”

Melanie replied, “Yea.”

Bao looked over at the counter, where the Lowe family were doing their jobs. She then looked back at Melanie, as she commented, “So, did Lee tell you who the family that run this place is?”

Melanie took a closer look around for a few seconds. Then, the realization dawned on her, as she answered, “The Lowe family.”

Bao complimented, “Got it in one. And Bob is now locked as a woman, and she goes by the name, Lori.”

Melanie commented, “Well, from the stories, that was bound to happen. Though, we are not ones to talk.”

Bao replied, “True.”

Just then Ed walked up to their table, with their drinks.

She set a glass of orange juice by Melanie, and a glass of whole milk in by Bao.

Ed continued to look down a the two women, as she leaned back up straight. She calmly said, “While we don't mind you to talking about us. Could you please do so a little more quietly.”

Ed's comment took them by surprise, as they looked up at her.

Ed smirked towards the two women, as she commented, “What? You don't think we were not paying attention to you two, when you first came into the diner?” She looked over at Bao, as she continued, “This only the third time I have seen Bao here on a date. Yes. We know it is you, Bao.” She turned to Melanie, as she went on to say, “And I am guessing you are really, Melvin?””

Melanie softly stated, “It is Melanie, now.”

Ed turned back to look at both of the sitting women, as she responded, “Okay. And I am guessing Lee had a hand in this little get together?”

Bao replied, “Good guess.”

Melanie inquired, “How did you know?”

Ed casually answered, “Lee came to visit us, earlier today.”

Melanie commented, “That girl really gets around.”

Ed's smile turned mischievous, as she said, “In more ways than one.”

Melanie hesitantly questioned, “Do we really want to know?”

Ed flatly replied, “No.”

Bao calmly said, “Listen, Mrs. Lowe...”

Ed interrupted, “Ed, is find.”

Bao stated, “Ed... We are sorry about speaking so openly about your family, in public.”

Melanie said, “We will try to do better.”

Ed kindly said, “Good. That is all we ask from you.”

Bao inquired, “Okay. So, is there anything you would like to add?”

Ed smiled mischievously, as she stated, with a bit of excitement in her voice, “Sure... I think Lee has the right idea. That you two would be good together. In this type of life, it is so hard to find someone to share you life with... I know. Secrets make relationships hard to hold on too. But, you two don't have to keep any real secrets from each other. And you two do have a lot in common.”

Bao commented, “Lee said the same thing.”

Ed said, “That woman has a good head on her shoulders. And so do you, two.”

Bao replied, “Thanks.”

Melanie said, “Thank you.”

Ed stated, “You're welcome.”

Melanie questioned, “Still, I didn't know that Lee knew who you were?”

Ed stated, “We helped Lee out a bit. And as we did so, we informed Lee of who we were.”

Melanie complimented, “That was nice of you.”

Ed smiled warmly toward Melanie, as she said, “Thank you.”

Bao inquired, “While we know Lori is Bob. I would like to know which one of your sons is the cook? And which one is the dishwasher?”

Ed looked back at both sitting women, as she answered, “Right now, Lewis is the one doing the cooking, and Stan is on dish duty. But, we alternate jobs for the diner, between the four of us.”

Bao replied, “Okay.”

Ed asked, “Given you knew they were my sons, I take it you read Lee's stories?”

Bao said, “Yes.” She looked over at Melanie, as she continued, “And so has Melanie.” She looked back up to Ed.

Melanie looked at Ed, as she commented, “I found Lee's stories to be interesting.”

Ed agreed, “So do I. And that is quite a feat.”

Melanie commented, in a sincere tone of voice, “For a genius, such as yourself, it would be.”

Ed offered, “Thank you. Now, my family and I would be more than happy to talk about all this, in detail, in private, later. But, we are busy, right now.”

Melanie responded, “We appreciate the offer. And we will take it up with you at a later date.”

Bao replied, “Yes. We will.”

Ed requested, in a slightly impatient tone of voice, “Please do so. There is so much my family and I would like to talk to you both about.”

Bao replied, “Same here.”

Melanie said, “We looked forward to it.”

Ed calmly stated, in a slightly disappointed tone of voice, “Well, I have other customers. So, I am going to have to cut this short. But, I hope you both have a pleasant night...” She looked at Bao, as she said, “Bao...” She looked at Melanie, as she continued, “Melanie.” And she then looked again, between the two sitting women.

Bao said, “Thank you, Ed.”

Mel replied, “Have a good night, yourself, Ed.”

Ed silently smiled warmly towards both sitting women. She then turned around, and walked away, to tend to her other customers.

(_)

Ten minute later,, dinner was served to the both of Bao and Melanie, at the same time. Both of them found their meals to be tasty, and properly cooked.

The two women continued talking, as the ate their dinner. Their discussion covered many topic. They talked about everything from their pasts, to their plans for the future. As they talked, the became better friends.

When they were finished their dinner, they split the check, and they both left Ed a nice tip.

They then left the dinner, and returned to Bao's car.

As Bao got driver's side, and Melanie the passenger side.

After their had shut their doors, and buckled up, Bao turned to Melanie, as she said, “I know this is a little forward, but would you like to come back to my place.”

Melanie turned to Bao, as she replied, “Sure. What do you have in mind?”

Bao admitted, “Well, I am not good about these things. So, I will just say it straight out. I am horny, and I would like to sleep with you tonight.”

Melanie questioned, “Sex this early in the relationship?”

Bao admitted, “Yes. For very good reasons. Among other things, I enjoyed our conversation.”

Melanie replied, “So did I.”

Bao commented, “And my instincts tell me that you are alright.”

Melanie said, “Same here.”

Bao pointed out, “But, I don't know how busy I will be I tomorrow. I am suppose to get my beer and other alcohol shipments tomorrow afternoon. And if business picks up tomorrow evening, I might keep my normal hours, to late at night. Also, my period starts in around two days. I don't like doing it, messy. Though, I do not want to have to wait around a week before we have sex. So, it has got to be tonight.”

Melanie thought on what Bao stated for a few seconds. She then said, “Okay. Though, just so you know, as a woman, I am a virgin.”

Bao gave Melanie a leering smile, as she stated, “We will fix that problem, soon enough.”

Melanie happily replied, “I look forward to it.”

Bao asked, “Also, I know this is an uncomfortable subject. It still is for me. But, have you had your period, yet?”

Melanie answered, “Not yet. How long until I should expect it?”

Bao inquired, “When did you get pulled out of the vat?

Melanie answered, “About a week ago.”

Bao stated, “Well, you got about two months before you have to worry about it. And don't worry. It is not that bad. And I will help you through it. Also, I have some of those instant man packets. Chang gave me a few.”

Melon replied, “Cool. But, we will have to be careful not to get pregnant.”

Bao answered, “Of course. That is why I got condoms at the house. Though, I suggest we just do it girl on girl tonight.”

Melanie said, “That is fine with me.”

Bao smirked, “Good. Because multiple orgasms are a wonderful thing.”

For the next few seconds, both women laughed, as they turned to face forward, towards the front of the car.

Bao then started her car, pulled out of the parking space. And she soon drove them towards her home. Where they were going to have a wonderful night of passion, together.

(_)

The next morning, in the penthouse apartment, of the Daiyu Palace Casino, was a pleasant affair for Lee, River, and Chang.

Lee woke up with River and Chang.

After all three were cleaned, dressed, and ready to face the said, they had breakfast together.

River and Chang dressed in their usual clothing. With Chang in one of his black business suits. Including his coat. And River wore a casual shirt and pants, that went well with her hair.

Lee was dressed in another set of clothing that River had got her. But, unlike yesterday, it was not a skirt, shirt, and jacket. It was red long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, brown leather belt, red bra, and red panties, with her red leather slippers.

The three adults then had breakfast brought up to them. And the ate in the apartment dining room.

Fortunately, Lee had little problems with morning sickness so far that morning.

After breakfast, River and Chang had left. Chang had daily business, that dealt with the casino. And River said she had a few errands to run, herself.

While, the apartment had a kitchen, with a dishwasher, and other amenities. The bellhop had taken away the dirty dishes, downstairs, to the casino kitchen, to be cleaned.

With everyone gone, Lee walked into the living room. The sunlight streaming in from the windows provided plenty of illumination for her to see with.

Lee sat down at on the couch in the living room, with the TV remote in her hands. She saw a digital clock, of the Blu-ray player, on top the small chest of drawers, below the wall mounted thin, large, widescreen TV.

The clock said, Nine Thirty-five AM.

Lee though, with mild amusement, 'Wow. It is only that earlier. Boy or girl, I tend to like to sleep in. And given what happened yesterday, I am surprised all of three of us were able to get up around seven thirty, with no problems.'

'I usually do not get up early. But, I was able to get up, without feeling tired, nor bad. Actually, my morning sickness really isn't bothering me. And I am even able to keep down my meal, with little problems.'

'And what a day, yesterday. I got a lot done that day.'

'That morning, I visited old friends. I reality traveled to visit other friends. I closed a time loop.'

'And then, that afternoon River and I made love n the beach for a few hours... That was fun...'

'When we returned to the casino, we had got some help to move my new fortune into a few of Chang's vaults, in the casino... I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.'

'And after I made a few copies of my IDs and documents, I put all my papers, but my Driver's license and immigration card, into a fire proof safe, which River provided for me, in the penthouse.'

'By then, it was time for dinner for River, Chang, and I. We had dinner in Chang private room, in the restaurant, on the gaming floor. And we shared our meal with Simon and Kaylee. Julia was back with Spike, by then. Allowing for a more adult conversation. And we all had a great time.'

'And later that night, long after dinner, the three of us had some more fun, in our bedroom.'

'I wonder what I am going to do today... While I figure that out, I think I will watch some TV. River mentioned that the casino uses a satellite TV system, and a fiber optic line for internet. Though, I think I will get a computer, for myself, later. I am already have plenty of fun, right now, without one.'

As Lee sat on the couch, she use a remote the coffee table, to turn on the TV. She soon found an english TV repeat of an episode, from comedy sitcom, she liked.

Lee watched TV for about fifteen minutes, before a nearby phone rang.

Lee used her remote to mute the TV. She then set down the remote, and used her right hand to reach over to pick up the wireless TV on the small table, beside the couch, to her right side.

Lee held the phone to her right ear. She casually said, into the phone, in english, “Hello.”

Melanie said, in an excited tone of voice, in english, “Lee. It is good to hear from you.”

Lee responded, “Good morning, Melanie. So, how was your date, last night?”

Suddenly, on other end, Lee heard Bao's voice say, in english, “It went great.”

Lee replied, “Good morning, Bao. I take it that you two are not calling from the hotel?”

Melanie stated, “No. We are calling from Bao's place.”

Lee said, “Nice. So, how was last night?”

(_)

At that moment, inside Bao home, in her bedroom, in her bed, Melanie and Bao sat up, while nude. Bao was on the right side of her bed, while Melanie was on the left side.

Both women had a wireless house phone to their ears, as they looked at each other.

Melanie answered, “Pleasurable. We had a great time at the Last Resort. Then, we came back to Bao place for dessert.”

Melanie watched as Bao stifled a giggle.

Over the phone, Lee asked, “So, I was right about your two?”

Bao spoke up, in a happy tone of voice, “You were right, Lee. And we called to thank you for setting us up on date. We enjoyed it.”

Lee replied, “Glad to hear it.”

Melanie stated, “Well, Lee. We got to get ready for work.”

Bao said, “We will tell you all about it, later.”

Lee responded, “I looked forward to hearing all the juice details. Have a good day, ladies.”

Melanie replied, “You too, Lee.”

Bao said, “Talk to you later, Lee.”

Both women hung up and set their phones between each other.

They then gently leaned towards one another, as they kissed each other on the lips for a few seconds.

As they broke their kiss, they looked at each other's face.

Melanie suggested, “Want to share a shower together? I normally come in at ten thirty. But, I can push that to eleven thirty.”

Bao casually said, “Sure. I own my place, so I keep my own hours. And after we shower, and get dressed, we will fix something to eat.”

Melanie smiled at Boa, as she commented, “I think we are going to get along just fine.”

Bao returned Melanie's smile, as she agreed, “So do I.”

Both women then got of bed to face the day, and have some fun, together, in Bao's large shower, in her master bathroom.

(_)

At the moment, in the living room, of the casino penthouse, Lee sat on the couch, as she pulled her phone away from her right ear. She pressed the disconnect button. She then leaned back over to her right, and hung the phone back on its base.

As she leaned back up, on the couch, she picked up her remote, as she propped her legs onto the table, in front of the couch. She then crossed her right left over her left leg, tightly. In a manner that would have been unconformable as a man, but was fine as a women.

She turned the volume back on the TV.

She set her remote down, on the couch, beside her, as she happily thought, 'I did not expect them to sleep together so quickly. Still, I am glad those two found someone to love. Each other. And that is one less problem for me to worry about.'

A few minutes later, the phone rang, again.

Lee thought, with mild annoyance, 'When it rains, it pours.'

Lee muted the TV. She then answered the phone, again. She calmly said, into the phone, “Hello.”

A woman's voice said, in english, “Lee, is that you?”

Lee recognized the woman's voice, as she said, “Yea, Eda. It's me.”

Eda responded, in a slightly annoyed tone of voice, “Good. I have been trying to reach you since yesterday. Why didn't you tell me, and Yolanda, you were back in town?”

Lee pointed out, “Since I heard you shut down the food truck. And I didn't have your phone number, for where you live. And I wasn't going to push my luck with those here. So, I had no way to contact either of you.”

Eda replied, “Fair enough. Also, we heard that you were pregnant?”

Lee said, “Yep. With River's twins.”

Eda stated, in an excited tone of voice, “You are going to have to tell me all about it.”

Lee replied, “I would love to.”

Eda inquired, “Are you free, right now?”

Lee said, “Yes.”

Eda requested, “Then, come see us. Yolanda is here, with me. I am looking at her, right now.”

Lee sheepishly admitted, “Well, I don't know where you are staying. So, as soon as you give me the directions, I will be over there. Are you at the Devil's Hotel?”

Eda flatly responded, “Oh, hell no. I am not going to stay in the same building as those lunatics.”

Lee could hear laughing in the background. She thought, 'That must be, Yolanda.'

As Lee heard the laughter die down, she questioned, “Then, where are you staying, after you came back?”

Eda answered, “Yolanda never left. And I was not gone long, myself. We still have the same apartment house we have been living in, since we first got here. To be honest. We have plenty of money. So, we do not need to have a job. And while we no longer work in that food truck, we can have a few cookouts. Now and then.”

Lee said, “Okay. I look forward to those cookouts, later on. But, for right now, as soon as you give me directions, and your phone number. I will head over there.”

Eda replied, “Glad to hear it.”

Lee requested, “Now, let me get a pen and paper.”

Lee then got up, and quickly walked over to a nearby table, she saw a pen and note pad on the top of the table. She held the phone, to her right ear, with her right hand, while she gently gripped the pen with her left hand, while she leaned over the notepad.

Lee said, “Okay. I got what I need.”

Eda stated, “First, the phone number is...” She then gave Lee the phone number to her home. She then gave Lee directions to her home.

As Lee received the directions, she wrote them down. Eda then gave Lee her phone number, with Lee wrote down on the notepad, as well.

Once Eda was finished, Lee replied, “Okay. I will see you there, in a few minutes.” She then set her pen down, and she hung up her phone. She walked over to where the phone base was, and she placed the wireless phone back in its base. Next, she returned to the table that had the note paper, and tore off the top piece of paper that had the directions she had written down.

As Lee folded and stuffed the piece of paper into her right front pants pocket, she walked over to the TV, and turned it off.

Lee thought, 'I need to get a few items, such as my IDs, encrypted cellphone, and some cash. Then, I will head out. I am glad that yesterday evening River gave me an extra set of keys to the pink Cadillac... I just hope she is not using it, right now... Knowing her, she isn't...'

Lee then walked back down the hallway, to the master bedroom.

After retrieving her IDs, keys, some money, and her casino cellphone, in her pant pockets, she left the apartment, locking the door behind her.

As she walked down the hallway, she came to a stop.

Lee thought, 'I better inform them of where I am going. I did promise them that I would do so. And while I do not know where River is, I do have an idea of where Chang is. I will check his office. If I cannot find him there, I will inform them both, later.'

She then walked down the hallway, towards Chang's office. After a couple of turned down the hallway, she soon came up to the door to Chang's office.

Lee saw that the door was open.

She walked up to the threshold of the door. As she looked into the office, she saw Chang sitting in his desk, as he leaned down, doing paperwork.

Before Lee could even knock, Chang did not look up, as he calmly inquired, “What can I do for you, Lee?”

Lee complimented, “Good ears.”

Chang continued working on his paperwork, as he said, “Thanks to you, I can recognize footsteps. And your slippers make a distinctive sounds.”

Lee casually replied, “I will keep that in mind, Sherlock.”

Chang chuckled a little, but he did no look up at Lee.

Lee continued, “I can see that you are busy, so I will make this brief. A few minutes ago, I got a call from Eda and Yolanda. And I am heading over to their home, right now.”

Chang did not look up, as he stated, “Have fun. And thank you for keeping your promise.”

Lee requested, “You're welcome. And please let River know, as well. I am not sure where she is.”

Chang continued to look at his worked, as he commented, “You are not alone. And she seems to prefer it that way.”

Lee said, “Okay. Also, please let me know when you have something for me to do for you.”

By then, Chang finished what he was working on. He looked up at Lee, as he sincerely stated, “I will. But, your primary job right now is to protect the two children growing inside you. River would be upset with you if something were to happen to them.”

Lee place both her hands over lower stomach, as she looked back at Chang. She softly said, “I fully agree. And I will be careful.”

Chang replied, “Good. When I see River, I will let her know where you are heading. And have a nice day.”

Lee dropped her hands to her sides, as she smiled. She said, “You too, Chang.”

Lee then turned around, and headed for the back express elevator, and the casino garage.

(_)

A few minutes later, Lee reached the garage. She found that her pink Cadillac was there. And the car had its windows and hood up.

She soon go into her pink Cadillac, buckled up, started the car's engine. As soon as she back up, and made it to the nearest garage door, which were all closed. She used the garage remote that River kept in the car, to open the garage door in front of her.

After Lee drove the car outside, she used the garage remote to shut the garage door behind her.

Finally, she drove out onto the street, and she carefully headed for Eda and Yolanda's home, using the directions that Eda had given her.

(_)

Ten minutes later, Lee reached the home that Eda and Yolanda had rented.

Lee drove up, to park on the side of the street, beside the blond women's home. Lee's driver's side door facing the front lawn

Lee turned to looked at the home, to her left side, as she thought, 'This seems like a nice neighborhood. But, I would expert nothing less, from those two. And I am so looking forward to talking to them.'

Lee put her car in park. Turned off the engine. Pocketed the keys. Unbuckled herself. And as she got out of the car, she locked the car door. Which she stood up straight on the lawn, she shut her door, behind herself.

As Lee stood on the front yard, by her car, she looked around herself.

She saw the nice, well cared for green lawn, with a few trees on it. There as a concrete sidewalk that lead to the front door. And the driveway, leading to the garage.

The home itself was a modestly sized, one story, brick home, painted white, with a tin roof, and several windows around the home.

Lee could see the garage door was rolled up, and in the garage, she saw the back in of a very nice, two door, blue, nineteen sixty-three corvette stingray convertible. The hood and windows of the car were up.

Lee thought, with slight amusement, 'Damn. Nearly everyone I know has good taste in cars... Now, to see the girls.'

Lee turned to face the front of the home, as she calmly walked up the walkway, to the awing over the front door.

Lee then gently knocked on the door.

A second later, the door was opened.

Lee saw that the young blond woman, which short hair, in front of her, whom was not Eda. It took a second, but Lee soon recognized her as Yolanda. And the blond was wearing a blue, silk, short sleeve shirtdress, with a silk blue sash gently tied around her waist.

Lee did not look further down, to see what shoes Eda was wearing, because it would have been considered rude.

Yolanda said, in a peaceful tone of voice, that showed her maturity, and true age, in english, “Hello You must be Lee.”

Lee calmly relied, “Yes. I am. And it is nice to meet you again, Yolanda.”

Yolanda responded, “Yes. It is so nice to formally meet you, while each of us can pleasantly acknowledge who the other really is.”

Lee said, “I fully agree.”

Yolanda kindly offered, “Please come in. Eda is waiting in the living room for us.”

Lee walked inside, with Yolanda closing the door behind her.

Lee also heard the clicking sound of the lock on the door knob being set in place.
But, since Lee did not hear the top deadbolt lock of the door being used, she paid little mind to it. And Lee continued into the living room, with Yolanda walking behind her.

As Lee entered the living room, she saw it was a modern living room, with the all the expected amenities.

On one side of the room, there was a large, wall mounted, thin, widescreen TV, with an entertainment system setup below the TV. And on the other side of the room was a couch, with two chairs beside it. Between each chair and couch was a small table, with a lamp on it. And in front of the couch was a low coffee table.

On the coffee table was women's magazines, and a TV remote. Though, Lee noticed that the TV was turned off. And the lights in the room were also off, do to plenty of light coming, through the large windows, and semi-translucent, white curtains, that were in front of the windows, on the inside, to provide privacy for home's residents.

The sitting area was to Lee's right, and the TV was to Lee's left.

Lee continued walking, as she saw Eda sitting on the couch, on the far end.

And even thought, Eda was sitting down, Lee could see that Eda was wearing a pink tank top, over a white bra, with skintight blue jeans. Where in comparison, Lee's pants were a slightly loose on Lee, which was the way the black haired woman liked it.

Also, while Eda wore tacky clothing, Lee was not about to say a word about Eda's clothing tastes. And like Yolanda, Lee avoided looking to far down, to see what shoes she wore, as it might has been misinterpreted as staring at her breasts.

Eda looked up at Lee, as she said, “Hi Lee.”

Lee continued looking at Eda, as she walk further into the room. She said, “Hello Eda.” She then sat down on the chair, across the room, near Eda, and to the blond woman's right side.

Meanwhile, as Lee seated herself, Yolanda walked around the coffee table, to Eda's left, to set down beside her, on the couch.

Eda and Yolanda calmly looked at Lee, as Lee casually looked back at them.

Eda asked, with a hint of curiosity, and self importance, “I trust my directions were fine?”

Lee calmly stated, “The directions you gave were fine.”

Eda cracked a grin, as she said, “That is what I thought.”

Yolanda looked over at Eda, as she spoke up, in a nonchalant manner, “As much as Eda hear wishes to pat herself on the back.” She looked over at Lee, as she gave the black haired woman a warm smile. She continued, “I wanted to congratulate on your pregnancy.”

Lee returned Yolanda's smile. She looked down at her self. She looked back up at Yolanda, and Eda. She replied, “Thank you.”

Eda commented, “I never got the whole, congratulations, part of getting knocked up. I mean it is just doing what naturally comes with being a woman.”

Lee shrugged, as she commented, “Yes. Being pregnant is the only time a person is congratulated, before the real work begins.”

Yolanda smiled at Lee's joke, while Eda let out of laugh. Eda then complimented, “Good one.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Eda asked, “So, how are you doing? Everything that has happened must a lot to take in for you.”

Lee responded, “I am doing fine. Though, I hope are you are okay with a guy you slept with becoming a woman that is now pregnant with twins, by a gender bender, that was born, and prefers to live, as a woman.”

Eda joked, “Hey. I can make the appointments for the daytime talk show circuit. If you want?”

All three of the women lightly laughed, for a few seconds, as Eda's joke.

Lee then calmly said, “No thanks. We all have enough problems, as is.”

Eda agreed, “Very true.”

Yolanda inquired, “And how are the children?

Lee honestly answered, “It is too early to tell. I am only a month pregnant.”

Eda stated, “After we found out River was Sam, we were not surprised you end up with River. But, I cannot see you and Chang sharing.”

Lee giggled for a few seconds. She then answered, “I will deny this, if you repeat it. But, I don't think you understand the dynamics of the situation. While River prefers to be a woman. And Chang prefers to be a man. With me being a mother to be. It is clear that River is the one wearing the proverbial pants in this relationship.”

Eda and Yolanda burst out laughing, for several seconds.

Lee did not join in. And instead she silently waited for them to calm down.

As the other two quieted down, Lee continued, “And since Chang and I wish to keep River happy. We have come to an understanding. With the situation being more of a threesome.”

Eda replied, with a bit of intrigue in her voice, “Interesting.”

Yolanda calmly inquired, “So, what do you prefer to be?”

Lee thought, 'Yolanda is hiding her curiosity well. But, I really have nothing to hide on this situation.' She answered, “I have been locked as woman for several years. And I am okay with it.”

Yolanda shrugged, as she casually replied, “To each his... Or, her own... By the way, I talked to Eda about the conversation you two had in that factory, dealing with Revy and I.”

Lee was quiet for a few seconds, as she tried to recall what Yolanda was talking about. She then admitted, in a sad tone of voice, “Yolanda, Eda, I want to sincerely apologize, but for myself, is has literally be decades since that night. I vaguely even remember that conversation.”

Yolanda calmly responded, in a motherly tone of voice, “That is understandable. And I will jog your memory. Such as during that conversation, you were correct in figuring out how I lost my original right eye. You have quite the investigative talent.”

Lee vaguely recalled what Yolanda was talking about, as she asked, “Ah. That town in the middle east?”

Yolanda answered, Yes... And I do enjoy my artificial right eye. And I love having my youth being restored.”

Lee responded, “I am glad to hear you say this. Still, what about Revy?”

Yolanda let out a small giggle. She then stated, “Well, I find it completely unsurprising that Revy might be half Irish. It would explain so much about her.”

Lee said, “Oh... Well, I have to disagree. I know a number of Irish people... Actually, I am part Irish. The angry drunk is more of a cliché.”

Yolanda shrugged, as she calmly responded, “Perhaps. And I will concede that our dear Revy has had to deal with other demons in her past.”

Lee agreed, “Very true.”

Eda calmly said, “And I would find it deeply ironic if Revy was Catholic on her mothers Irish side. Considering we were the ones were nuns habits.”

Yolanda said, in a relaxed tone of voice, “I would agree.”

Lee calmly suggested, “So, would I. But, let us talk about something more pleasant.”

Yolanda agreed, in a casual tone of voice, “A thoughtful suggestion. That leads me to my other point on the matter. My offer to sleep with you still stands.”

Eda looked over at Yolanda, for a second. She then looked back at Lee, as she teased, “We could make it a threesome. Thought, that depends on if River and Chang are okay with it?”

Lee answered, “River talked to me about you two and her... Among others. And I have a similar agreement with those two. So, I see no reason not to.”

Yolanda calmly said, “That is good.”

Eda lecherously grinned, as she commented, “This is going to be fun.”

Lee inquired, in a relaxed tone of voice, “So, when and where do you want to do this?”

Yolanda stated, “In a few minutes, would be fine. Though, the where, is a good question?”

Yolanda and Eda looked at each other for a few seconds.

Eda then suggested, “My bedroom might be better. You're is much nicer, and I don't want to mess is up.”

Yolanda kindly replied, “Well, thank you, Eda. And I am fine with that.”

The two of them turned to looked at Lee, as Yolanda asked, “Is that alright with you, Lee?”

Lee commented, “I am fine with that. I have found that in the matters of sex, I am more of a follower, than a leader.”

Yolanda mentioned, “In the matters of love and sex. It is a circular path, where one finds they can easily be the leader, or the follower, at any given time.”

Lee complimented, “Wise words. I am surprised you two are not together... Are you?

Eda stated, “No. We just do not click, that way, together. But, we are good friends.”

Lee commented, “I can see the friendship, from the way you two act around each other.”

Eda replied, “Thanks.”

Yolanda playfully commented, “I appreciate you comment. Though, there is the occasional lonely night.”

Lee noticed Eda mildly blush at Yolanda comment.

Lee calmly stated, “That is perfectly understandable. Though, it will take a few minutes to get into the mood.”

Eda mischievously smiled, as she stated, “Don't worry. Both of us are very experienced in solving such minor problems.”

Yolanda grin a more calmer smile, as she said, “That we have.”

Lee thought, 'I am so happy that my precognition is telling me that these two are safe to be around. And I can trust them in bed. Or, I would be worried by such their comments, and reactions.'

Lee said, “Okay.”

Yolanda commented, “Before we get into this, Revy and Rock invited us to go to the Rats Nest tonight. Want to come?”

Eda stated, “We are going. And I am sure it will be fun.”

Lee thought, 'So, tonight is when they are confronting, Bao. At least I warned her that they knew. And with Melanie as her new girlfriend, she is there to give Bao comfort and emotional support. So, Bao will be fine... Still, I don't want to be a part of any possible fireworks. Especially since I am pregnant.”

Lee requested, “That is okay. But, I will have to decline. For a number of reasons. Though, I do hope you go easy on Bao.”

Yolanda inquired, “So, what those two said is true?”

Lee answered, “Yes. And please take into account she went to a lot of trouble to prevent this very situation.”

Eda stated, “We realize that. And we will be nice.”

Yolanda commented, “It is so rare to find a bartender than can handle Revy and Rock's group.”

Lee responded, “Yes. And this city has at least two such bartenders. Now, as soon as you are ready, I will be more than willing to follow you both into Eda's bedroom.”

Eda happily said, “Well, there is no time like the present. I have always found nooners to be fun.”

Eda got up from the couch. With Lee and Yolanda standing up a second after Eda.

Lee then followed Eda down a hallway, with Yolanda calmly walking a few steps behind Lee.

A few seconds later, they reach a closed door in the hallway.

Eda opened the door, and walked into the room.

Lee and Yolanda followed behind her.

Eda then took several steps to Lee's side, as she turned around to face the two women with her.

By then, Lee and Yolanda were standing, side by side, with Lee to Yolanda's left.

Eda happily said, “As they say. Welcome to my humble abode.”

Lee then looked around Eda's bedroom.

The windows, with light curtains, provided plenty of light in the room for the three women to see with.

Eda's bedroom was a moderately large room, with white painted walls. There was was a few chairs, a table, and a dresser in the room. In one of the corners of the room was a large vanity mirror.

The bed rested against the side wall to Lee's left. The bed was a queen sized bed, with two large pillows by the headboard.

Lee mentally guessed, 'Eda has a nice bedroom. And this bed is barely large enough for three moderately sized people. Such as the three of us.'

Lee continued to look around the room.

Across from the bed there was a closet, which was open, with different hung dresses on a metal rod in the small alcove.

And the floor was brown carpet.

Also, while the room was slightly messy, with clothing hanging on the chairs, the white sheets on the bed were made in military fashion. And the carpet was fairly clean, as well.

Lee looked over at Eda, as she complimented, “You have a nice bedroom, Eda.”

Eda smile at Lee, as she replied, “Thank you, Lee.”

Lee said, “Also, you have a nice sized bed.”

Eda stated, “Thank you. I like to spread out when I sleep. Now, let us have some fun.”

Lee walked up to the foot of the bed. She turned around to face both of the other two women. She inquired, “First. I need to know what are we be doing? Are we going to use any toys?”

Yolanda answered, “No. Both of us prefer not to be as... Creative as Revy and the others.”

Eda shrugged, as she said, “She's right.” She cracked a grin, as she continued, “Though, we may pull them out later.”

Lee asked, “And what about positions.”

Eda stated, “We will start simple.” She looked over at Yolanda, with Yolanda turned to look at her. Eda continued, “I suggest the masseuse and the badger. You can be the badger.”

Yolanda replied, “You are too kind.”

Lee questioned, “Huh?”

The two blond women turned to look at Lee. Eda explained, “It is a simple, and fun threesome position. Basically, after all three of us strip down, we starts with the person playing the masseuse sits up, with their back on the pillows, headboard, and their legs spread.”

“Then, the second person, whom gets the most fun out of it, sit on the bed, and lays back, against the first person, while have their legs spread. The first person then reached around and started to massage the second person's breasts.”

“While, as the same time, the third person plays badger, by crawling from the end of the bed, to be between the second person's legs, while rutting around the second person's privates.”

Lee responded, “Sounds like fun. And thanks for letting me be the second person in this position.”

Yolanda stated, “No problem. After all, you happen to be our invited guest. Also later, we can show you the three-way lotus position.”

Eda looked over at Yolanda, as she commented, “That requires a lot of use of the legs, and footwork. And it take a bit of practice to get it right.”

Yolanda turned to Eda, as she said, “Well, someone has to teach her.”

Lee commented, “After everything I have been through. I am open to just about anything.”

The two blond women turned to Lee, as Yolanda said, “Thank you, Lee.”

Eda inquired, “Speaking of positions. Given you are pregnant. Is it safe for you to do this?”

Lee stated, “I am only a month pregnant. So, I figure, as long as I don't receive any blows to my stomach, I will be fine.”

Eda replied, “Fair enough.”

Yolanda calmly said, “Well girls. Let us start this party.”

Eda agreed, “Yes. Let's do this.”

Lee halfheartedly commented, “You don't have to say that twice.”

The three women then took off their clothing, with each of them making a neat pile of their own clothes, on the floor. Next, they headed for the bed.

(_)

A few hours, several positions, and lots of pleasure, later, they had finished having sex. All three of them took turns taking quick showers, before getting dressed in the clothing they previously had on.

Then, the three women went into the kitchen of the home. And all three women worked together to prepare a home cooked meal.

An hour afterward, they ate a late lunch. Though, Lee only ate a small portion of what they cooked, due to her morning sickness. And Lee only had a lemonade, while Eda and Yolanda each had a bottle of beer.

When they had finished lunch, the three women went back into the living room and talked about various topics for about an hour.

Soon after, Lee thanked them for a good time. And she said her goodbyes, while promising to keep in touch. Eda and Yolanda share similar sentiments with Lee.

After which, Lee left their home, got into her pink Cadillac and drove back to the casino.

(_)

Thirteen minutes after Lee left Yolanda and Eda's home, she returned her car back to its place the casino garage, Lee walked out of the garage, and into one of the back casino hallways, on the first floor of the large casino building.

Lee gently shut the door to the garage, behind her. She then turned around, as she stood in the hallway.

Lee looked around the hallway, as she calmly thought, while feeling very happy, 'Damn those two are good a second, to what I do with River and Chang, when we have sex. And they know how to do it, without being rough. I can see why River was okay with me having sex with those two. Skill and care like that should be shared... So, what will I did first, now that I am back at the casino?... I mean, just watching TV would be a waste of time. And I am sure there is plenty of stuff to do here, beside gambling.'

'River just gave me a small fortune of my own, yesterday. And I am not going to gamble away. Especially, since I am pregnant with our children.'

Just then, Lee felt her stomach rumble.

Lee mentally reflected, with slight annoyance, 'I am already hungry, again. Well, that is the drawback to eating small meals. But, it is either eat small meals regularly, or throw up in the toilet, due to morning sickness. I will just get something from the casino restaurant, up front. And I will pay for it, myself. Given the situation I am in. I am not going to push my luck.'

She turned to her right, and started walking down the hallway.

Five minutes later, after a few turns down some hallways, Lee made it to the gaming floor. With its many customers, that were gambling at the tables and slot machines.

As Lee walked through the floor, to the restaurant on the other side of the room, she saw the acting pit boss, Jetta, in the distance, doing her job.

Lee thought, 'I hope Jetta is doing okay, today.'

A minute later, Lee walked into the restaurant, she headed for the bar counter, and she sat in one of the stools, away from everyone else.

A few seconds later As the asian, female bartender came walked up to her from behind the bar counter, Lee said, “Lemonade.”

The bartender went to fill her order.

Lee thought, 'Now, what am I going to get to eat. It will have to be light and small, due to my morning sickness. Which is mostly under control. Perhaps just a club sandwich, or something else that is light.'

'Speaking of foods, in a few months, after the morning sickness stops, I should start getting weird food craving. That will be interesting. And that is one thing I have never understood about pregnancy. First, through morning sickness, a woman's body is made to throw up almost everything that she eats. Then, later on, her body gives her some of the weirdest food cravings imaginable...'

'Probably just one of the paradoxes to being a woman...'

'Now, I wonder what time is it?...'

Lee looked over at the at the clock set above the bar wall behind the counter. The clock was placed out of view for those on the gaming floor, looking into the windos of restaurant.

Lee saw that it was four thirteen PM.

Lee thought, 'Well, I have long since learned that it is true. That time flies when one is having fun.'

By then, the bartender set out a coaster, on the counter, in front of Lee. She then placed Lee's glass of iced lemonade down on the coaster.

Lee looked over at the bartender, as she thought, 'I still haven't decided what I want to eat.' She stated, “I would like to order something in a little while. I will let you know when.”

The bartender stated, in english, “Alright. I will check on you in a few minutes.” She then turned and walked away from Lee, to serve her other customers.

Lee then picked up her glass of lemonade, and she took a sip of it. She then set the glass back down on its coaster, on top of the bar counter.

A second later, Lee heard a familiar male voice, to her left, say, in english, “Is this seat taken?”

Lee turned to see that the man whom asked her the question was Jayne. He was wearing the business suit he wore while on duty as part of the casino security.

Lee thought, 'Well, I was planning on talking to him eventually. And he is at clearly in a good mood. To say that least.' She said, “Sure. Have a seat. I could use someone to talk too.”

Jayne replied, “Thanks.” He then sat down in the stool beside her, to Lee's left.

Lee said, “There are a few things I would like to talk to you about.”

Jayne continued to face Lee, as he responded, “Same here.”

Lee commented, “By the way, that suit really looks good on you.”

Jayne said, “I prefer to wear something casual, but Chang pays enough to make it worth wearing this.”

Lee stated, “Yes. He is very generous.”

Jayne joked, “I guess you would know.”

Lee carefully said, “Yea. I do. But, it is not something to discussed in public.”

Jayne flatly replied, “I agree.”

Lee asked, “So, I take it you are on break?”

Jayne said, “Yea... Earlier we caught a someone card counting.”

Lee inquired, in a hesitant tone of voice, “I hope you didn't hurt him?”

Jayne shrugged, as he answered, “Nah. We only do that to repeat offenders. We just confiscated her winning. And we threw her out of the casino.”

Lee questioned, “So, it was a woman? I am surprised were so forward with a woman.”

Jayne commented, “Well, after the abilities you gave us, I have become more gender neutral, when dealing with men and women.”

Lee replied, “I can see what you mean. And I am sorry about that.”

Jayne responded, “Well, the more I think about it, the more I am starting to agree with River, and Chang. What you did for us was a good thing. And not just the obvious, but also the longevity. Which is nice.”

Lee casually said, “I am glad you feel that way.”

Jayne stated, “And you gave me a great drinking buddy. Bob. Man or woman, Bob, or now Lori, is still a good friend. And you got the others to ease up on me.”

Lee said, “I was wondering if you, or the others would realize that.”

Jayne commented, “Well, I eventually did. And between you and me. After you gave us those abilities. The female crew didn't have to deal with monthly problems. And trust me. It make living in close quarters with them much easier to deal with.”

Lee stated, “I can see how that would be a positive outcome. So, that begs the question. Who was the worst?”

Jayne leaned over, towards Lee. He whispered into Lee's left ear, “Inara.”

Lee softly replied, “Ah. I guess she would be. And it was more of a case of a steel gauntlet under a velvet glove. Such as the blow was never direct, and you didn't see it coming.”

Jayne leaned up, as he replied, in a normal tone of voice, “Exactly. I during the factory hunt. I guess I got caught up in the moment. And I was a little too gung ho, during the factory hunt.”

Lee honestly stated, “I barely remember what happened. It was several years ago for me. But, I do vaguely recall that you brought you favorite weapon with you. And I took it, and damaged it.”

Jayne responded, “Yes. You did. But, after everything you have been through, I will cut you some slack on that. After you escaped from us, at the factory. By the way, nice escape. Nobody saw that one coming. Still, I think found Vera... My weapon... Where you told me it was. And I repaired her. She works fine, and is good as new.”

Lee inquired, “That is good. I was wondering, Jayne. Have you ever seen a firefly insect before, in real life?”

Jayne answered, “Not really. Though, I do wonder what they look like?”

Lee stated, “Well, think if you attached a tiny, lit light bulb to the ass of a flying insect.”

Jayne laughed at Lee's comment for a few seconds.

As Jayne calmed down, Lee continued, “At night, when they swarm, they are quite beautiful to look at. And they are harmless. They don't bite people. I have fond memories of playing with them as a child.”

Jayne requested, “Interesting. Could you tell me more about them?”

Lee answered, “Sure.”

Lee and Jayne then continued their conversation, as Lee ordered a small snack for herself. After they finished their pleasant conversation, a half hour later, they parted ways, on more friendly term than they were, before their conversation began. With Lee paying for her bill, and tipping to the bartender. She then left to find Chang in his penthouse office.

(_)

When Lee was walking through the gaming floor, to the front elevator bay, she pulled out the key to use the express elevator.

But, when she turned to see the two guards standing to the sides of the elevator doors, in the back of the bay, that lead to the penthouse.

The guards were two young asian women wearing business suits.

Lee came to a halt, as she thought, 'Damn it. I forget that Chang had the front entrance guards. And I do not know if Chang informed the rest of my personal that I now live here. I need to handle this very carefully... Also, I wonder if anyone else is around...'

Lee looked around to see that there was no one in the elevator bay, but the three of them.

Lee continued her thoughts, 'And if there is a problem I walk around to the back elevator, that is not guarded... Speaking of which, I just think these two are here to remain the visitors that this place is guarded.'

Lee calmly walked up to the two women. As she came to a stop, a few feet from them, she calmly said, in english, “Hello. I am heading for the penthouse.” She then held up the key between between her right index finger and thumb, as she continued, “And I have a key to do so.” She dropped her right hand back to her side, as she went on to requested, “So, please let me by.”

The guard to Lee's right casually responded, in english, “Relax. Chang informed all of us that a caucasian woman with long black hair was allowed to come and go from the penthouse, as she pleases.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

The guard to Lee's left asked, in english, “By the way, what is your name?”

Lee thought, 'Why not?...' She replied, “Lee.”

The guard to Lee' right said, in english, “Interesting...” As she took a closer look at Lee.

The guard to Lee's left mentioned, “There was a man named Lee, that use to come here a few weeks ago.”

Lee said, “That was me.”

The guard to Lee's right asked, “Vat process?”

Lee thought, 'That confirms what I suspected. These are two of Chang's personnel that went through the vat process. Still, I need to answer the question, or it could cause problems later on. Though, I will be vague about it.' She answered, “No. It was another way. And due to time dilation, it has been several years for me.”

The guard to Lee's right said, “Curious... So, how long?”

Lee answered, “Almost two and a half decades.”

The guard to Lee's right replied, “That is fairly long.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. It is.”

The guard to Lee's left questioned, “Anything else you want to add?”

Lee coyly replied, “Isn't that enough?” She mentally add, with mild annoyance, 'I sure as hell am not going to tell them about my pregnancy and relationships.'

The guard to Lee's left said, “Okay.”

Lee thought, 'Now, there is a question I would like to ask them, that would not be prying too much.' She asked, “I take it that you, and your coworkers, are rotated in and out of this guard post?”

The guard to Lee's left answered, “Yes.”

The guard to Lee's right stated, “Many of us take turns at the jobs we do. Such as the gaming tables. Security. And other jobs in the hotels. It breaks the monotony.”

The guard to Lee's left said, “Chang, likes for his personnel to be able to know how perform several jobs.”

Lee commented, “I can see how having the approach can be beneficial to all parties.”

The guard to Lee's right stated, “So do we. Anyway, you can pass. And have a good day, Lee.”

The guard to Lee's left commented, “Yes. Have a nice day.”

Lee kindly replied, “I hope you both do, as well.”

Lee walked between them, and used the key in the lock by the express elevator, behind the guards.

A few seconds later, the elevator doors open, Lee walked inside, and she on her way up to the penthouse

Meanwhile, in the elevator bay, after the express elevator doors closed, behind them, the two guards looked in front of them, toward the gaming floor.

There was no one else around, as the guard on the right of the other guard, stated, in chinese, “You just know that Chang had a hand in her transformation, in some way.”

The guard to the left of the guard that commented, replied, in chinese, “I agree.”

The guard on the right inquired, “I wonder if Chang is trying to create his own personal harem? You got to admit that Lee, as a woman, is pretty.”

The guard on the left responded, “True. But, let us just be happy that we are not part of that group.”

The guard on the right replied, “You're preaching to the choir.”

The two guards them went back to their duty.

(_)

A minute later, Lee reached the penthouse level of the building.

After Lee walked down the hallways of the penthouse, for a few minutes, while making a few turns, she soon reached Chang's office. She saw that the door to Chang's office was open.

As Lee approached the open door, she thought, 'I am glad that Chang has decided to leave his door open, like this morning. And with his hearing, he will hear me coming. And I won't have to knock.'

As she walked up to the threshold of the door, she turned and looked into the office.

Lee came to a stop, as she saw that not only was Chang looking up at her, while sitting in his chair, behind his desk. But, standing to Chang's left was River. And the redhead was looking at Lee, as well.

River smiled towards Lee, as she casually said, “Hi Lee. So, how was you visit with Eda and Yolanda?”

Chang grinned towards Lee, as he commented, “Fortunately, it not difficult to explain things to a telepath.”

Given River was a telepath, Lee did bother to think, and instead she said what was on her mind, because it would have been rude to cut Chang out of the conversation.

Lee stated, “That is an understatement.”

River let out a single laugh.

Lee continued, “Given our arrangement. Are you sure that you two want the details?”

River replied, “Of course.”

Chang stated, “River is going to find out anyway. While, I may not be interested in those two. And the feeling is mutual. I am more than happy to learn about any pointers you picked up from those two.”

Lee said, “I can appreciate what you are saying.”

Chang responded, “Good. Now, don't keep us waiting. What happened?”

Lee stated, “Well, most of the sexual positions were tame in comparison to what I experienced on Lagoon Island. Though, most of them were very fun. Such as the simple, yet pleasant, masseuse and badger, three-way.”

Chang commented, “I would take it that such a three-way involved someone behind person, rubbing their breasts, while the third person giving attention to the person in question's genitalia?”

Lee thought, 'He is good.'

From reading Lee's thoughts, River giggled a few seconds.

Lee complimented, “Good guess We added some sex toys into the mix, towards the second hour of our time together. And while most of the positions were simple. They are all very fun. But, special mention has to go to the somewhat complex, three-way lotus position.”

River giggled a little more at readying the mental image of the three-way lotus position.

Chang looked over at River, then back to Lee. He stated, “Don't worry. She always gets this way when we talk about sex in such a blunt fashion.”

Lee said, “Well, at least River here is happy.”

Chang replied, “That's true.”

As River calmed down, she turned to Chang, as she said, “I admit, pleasant sexual images make me giddy.” She turned back to Lee, as she commented, “From what I am reading of your mind, Lee. I am surprised you actually tried that. And that you were able accomplish that position.”

Lee stated, “It wasn't that hard. Though, it did take almost half an hour to get it right. But, once we did, it was very fun.”

Chang inquired, “What is this position?”

Lee explained, “It is a three-way between women. All three women are laying on their back, as they are facing away from each other, in a triangular fashion. The position involves use of intertwined legs. Along with rubbing and placing in feet and toes of the other two, in the unmentionable places of the third. With all three of the women doing so at once, in concert.”

Chang raised an eyebrow, as he commented, “That sounds interesting, and fun.”

Lee grinned, as she replied, “It is.”

Chang calmly said, “We will have to try that sometime.”

River grinned mischievously, as she commented, “Oh yes. We will have to do that.”

Lee halfheartedly said, “I am fine with that. But, not tonight. I am a little sore down there.”

Chang commented, “Everybody needs a break, now and then.”

River agreed, “True.”

Lee inquired, “Also, did you hear about Revy and Rock's get together with the Rats Nest tonight?”

Chang stated, “Yes. Revy invited us. But, we declined on going.” He grinned, as he continued, “I respect Bao enough not to put any more pressure on her, than what is about to happen to her.”

River plainly said, “I like Bao, as well. I wish her all the best. So, I want to know. How did Bao and Melanie's date go last night? I guess they would have called you by now?

Chang replied, in a slightly confused tone of voice, “Huh?”

Lee responded, “I take you know about Melvin being caught by Hotel Moscow, and the resulting gender change?”

Chang replied, “Yes. I believe she got her old job back at the Devil's Hotel.”

Lee said, “That she did. Melvin now goes by Melanie. And after talking to her yesterday... By the way, she knows who I am. And so does Bao. And I am fine with it. I decided to set her and Bao up on a date last night. I then when to Bao and handled that end, as well.”

Chang warned, “You have to be careful about doing such things.”

Lee replied, “I agree. And I was straightforward about my intentions, with both of them. And they both stated they saw the logic in what I was trying to do. So, they decided to give it a shot.”

Chang complimented, “That is a good way to handle the situation. But, did Melanie know that the Rats Nest bartender was Bao?”

Lee said, “No. But, Bao later told Melanie herself. And from what I understand, Melanie took the news well.” Lee then looked over at River, as she continued, “Also, it is clear that River hear read my thoughts from this morning, at breakfast, on the matter.”

River casually responded, “And last night. I was just wondering why you didn't tell us about it?”

Lee answered, “Well, I wanted to see how it turned out. Before, I discussed it with you.”

River replied, “I realize that. So, how did it go?”

Lee stated, “I got a call from both of them this morning. After you two left. At the same time. From Bao's home. And they stated their date, and what happened afterward, went great. They are pretty much an item, now. Though, I would prefer we keep this to ourselves.”

Chang said, “Of course. I don't believe in needless gossip.”

River stated, “And I respect them both enough not to say a word about it.”

Lee smiled, as she said, “Good.”

Chang commented, “Then, that is settled. Now, onto other matters. Since Lee, you are not in the mood tonight... For very good reasons... And it is rude for River and I to do it, and leave you out. I guess sex is off the menu tonight... So, what do you want to do, after dinner?”

Lee shrugged, as she replied, “I guess it is up to you to. I am open to just about any activities that don't require any actions below the waist.”

River and Chang laughed for a few seconds, at Lee's comment.

As they calmed down, River suggested, “What about we watch something in the private theater, downstairs?”

Chang complimented, “Good idea. How about you, Lee?”

Lee answered, “I am open to that. Besides which, I would like to see that room. Though, what type of movies do you have in mind? Or, it is a series that you wish to watch?

River shrugged, as she responded, “Watching a series would be nice. But, tonight I was thinking we could watch some lighthearted comedy movies. I suggest we start with the Princess Bride, and go from there.”

Lee commented, “I agree.” She looked over at Chang, as she continued, “I take it you have a large selection to choose from?”

Chang answered, “Very large. And when I find the time, I add to my collection. We will decided what to watch next, when we get there.”

Lee replied, “Okay.”

River said, “I am fine with that.”

Chang stated, “Now, how about you two ladies close the door, and sit down, as we talk about the rest of our plans for today, and tonight.”

River and Lee were silent, as River walked over to sit in the chair to Lee's left, that faced Chang's desk.

Meanwhile, Lee gently shut the door behind her, and she walked towards the chair to her right, that face Chang's desk.

After Lee sat down beside River, with both women sitting across the desk from Chang, the three adults continued their discussion on what they planned to do for the rest of the day, and evening.

(_)

Later that evening, during the last bits sunset, before night, it has been a slow day for the Rats Nest.

Bao was wearing her usual casual clothing, of a shirt, pants, and shoes, among other clothing.

While Bao had gotten the shipments she needed to restock her bar, the customers are not just coming that day.

Bao had just cashed out her last customer. As that customer left through the front door, Bao walked to stay behind the bar counter, while cleaned up after the person, whom had been sitting at the counter, beforehand.

When Bao finished, she looked over at the clock on the back wall.

The clock said, eight thirty PM.

Bao turned back to look out the windows, across the bar from her, on the left side of the room.

Bao thought, with mild disappointment, 'Well, this has been a slow day. And I think it is only going to get slower, tonight. I might as well close up. Because years of experience has taught me that nights like this, it is better to leave early, than try to squeeze a dime, where there is none to be had...'

'Maybe Melanie would like some company at her bar, tonight. As we were getting dressed this morning, we talked quite a bit. It seems that we have different slow and busy nights. And we worked out how we could help each other out, when the other person was busy.'

Just then, to Bao's left side, she heard the front door open of her bar open.

Bao turned to see who came any, and she was floored at whom she saw.

Bao thought, in disbelief, 'You got to be kidding me?...'

Bao then silently watched at several familiar people started to walk into the room.

Up front was Rock, and Revy. With Revy having her pistols holstered in her shoulder holsters.

Behind them that was Benny, Dutch, Janet, Kristina, Yukio, Rebecca, Sarah, and Molly.

Then, Bao saw Yolanda, Eda, Lotton, Shenhua, and Sawyer walked into the bar.

Next, were Roberta and Fabiola.

After that was Ranma, Natsuru, Akira, Yurika, Nodoka, and Mikoto.

And finally, Aeryn and Violin brought up the rear.

All of them were wearing casual clothing. Mostly of the women were wearing shirts and pants. Though, a few had on long skirts, short skirts, shorts, or even some casual dresses.

Bao watched as they headed over to the tables. With them dividing their groups amongst the tables, as they sat down.

Bao thought, with surprised, “Except for those at the casino, and Hotel Moscow, the whole gang is here. Plus some others... And I do not know if Lee is right, or not, about them knowing who I am. But, either way, I still have to do my job. And I can always throw them out, if they wreck my bar again. Especially, the maids.'

Bao pulled out her pen and notepad, from her pockets, as she said to them, in english, “So, what does everyone want to have this evening?”

The other women in the room turned to Bao.

Bao them noticed their face, and she was slightly unnerved by the fact that many of them were smiling mischievously at her.

Dutch stated, “A Jack and cola.”

Benny said, “I will have a beer.”

Janet commented, “Same here.”

Sarah, “Brandy.”

Molly, “A cold beer.”

Kristina, “Whiskey. Wild Turkey. If you have it. If not, use your best judgment on the the brand.”

Rebecca, “A cold beer.”

Yukio, “Cola. Whatever you got that is cold.”

Yolanda, “Cognac.”

Eda, “Just some good red wine.”

Ranma, “Sake.”

Nodoka, “Liquor.”

Yurika, “A cold beer.”

Akira, “Orange daiquiri.”

Natsuru stated, “A brass monkey. With equal parts vodka, dark vodka, and orange juice.”

Mikoto, “A cold bottle of water.”

Lotton, “Cold coke cola. Can, or bottle. I don't care.”

Sawyer, “Iced lemonade.”

Shenhua, “Bottle of water.”

Aeryn, “A decent, cold beer.”

Violin, “Some lemonade.”

Roberta, “Tequila.”

Fabiola, “A cold beer.”

Rock, “Rum.”

Bao quickly wrote down on her notepad, all the orders, with the name of each order, she was given. After she finished, she noticed that one person had not stated what she wanted

Bao looked up from her notepad, and over at the woman in question. She asked, “And Revy. What will you be having to drink, tonight?”

Revy looked over at Bao. She smirked, as she said, “Oh. Come on. We have known each other long enough for you to know what spirits I prefer to drink, Bao.”

Bao's eyes slightly widened.

Revy, and everyone else present, but Bao, laughed at Bao's subtle, but noticeable reaction to her name being openly announced.

As the other women calmed down, Bao thought, 'I guess Lee was right. Not much I can do about it, now. But, I can still find out how they learned my real identity?...' She demanded, “Damn. How did you figure it out?”

Revy answered, “Rock figured it out.”

Rock commented, “It was not hard, when you think about it. This bar is like the Yellowflag. And your personality is not that different from back then. And all of us that were changed look like our younger sisters. Also, that dress you wore to the dance. I just happened to recognize your dress as a vietnamese Ao dai. By the way, you are a skilled dancer.”

Bao said, “Thank you, Rock. And I am not surprised that you, of all people, would figure it out.” She mentally added, 'Not even Lee figured it out on his... Err... Her own.”

Rock happily replied, “You're welcome.”

Dutch asked, “Also Bao, where did you come up with the name, Rats Nest?”

Bao use her pen to point at Fabiola, as she stated, “Back in Roanapur, right after Fabiola here trashed my bar, she call it a, Rats Nest. I got to thinking about it. And I liked the name. So, I decided if I was going to have another bar that I owned myself, I would name it, the Rats Nest.”

Dutch shrugged, as she said, “That makes sense.”

Benny commented, “Still, we are kind of annoyed you didn't tell us that Lee was the writer.”

Bao complained, “Come on... I found out Lee was the writer, in the morning. And the maids showed up that afternoon, and blew up my bar. Again. And after losing my bar, I was not in the mood to talk to anyone for the rest of the day.”

Benny conceded, “Okay. You have a point there.”

Revy said, “Still, payback is fun.”

Bao said, in a cautious tone of voice, “Careful Revy. I now have a girlfriend that can kick your ass.” She mentally reflected, 'Since I am not longer worried about you finding out who I am, I can now take you also, in a fight. But, I don't want any of your to know that.'

Revy asked, in disbelief, “Oh really. And who could stand up to the great Revy?”

Bao stated, “You have been Devil's Hotel bar, and met the bartender there?”

Revy commented, “Yea. Melanie is nice, for being new to the job. But, she is not as good a bartender as Melvin.”

Bao cracked a grin, as she said, “She is not new.”

Revy asked, “What do you mean?”

Bao remained silent, her smile got a bit wider.

The others thought about it for a few seconds. Sawyer was to realized what Bao was hinting at. She said, “Oh no. Melanie is Melvin.”

Benny asked, “But, why would anyone want to change Melvin into a woman?”

Janet inquired, “Besides that. Who could change someone into a girl, that we know?”

Shenhua commented, “The only two people with the resources who could. Those are Chang, or Balalaika.”

Benny questioned, again, “But, why?”

Dutch realized, as she stated, “Melvin, or Melanie, was Yurick... Oh crap. Melvin was a member of Hotel Moscow.” She turned to Revy, as she stated, “No wonder Melvin kicked your ass, Revy.”

Bao noticed that at one of the tables, Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira giggled a little. Bao thought, 'Melanie told me this morning that you three kept her secret. And I am happy about that. I think I will give you three a free beer, each, sometime... Besides, after reading Lee's stories. I know your three. Along with your kids. Are some of the most decent people in this group, in front of me.'

Revy looked over at Dutch, as she conceded, “Yea. That does explain a lot.”

Bao mentioned, “And that was before she received the super-soldier serum. So, we both know she has got your number.”

Revy turned back to Bao, as she stated, “Okay. You have a point there. But, does she know who you are?”

Bao smirked, as she said, “Yep. And my love life has never been better.”

Revy replied, “Glad to hear it. Because we are planning on staying.”

Bao dropped her smirk, as she inquired, “What do you mean?”

It was Revy's turned to smirk, as she answered, “Now, that we know our favorite bartender is here, in this town. Along with a number of our friends setting up shop here, we decided to spend some more time in this town.”

Lotton stated, “We got our suites back at the Devil's Hotel. Or, in some cases, larger suites.”

Revy said, “Yes. And when we are not back at our homes, we are going to be here. And with the luxury of time dilation, for you, and everyone else in this reality, we will only be gone for a few minutes.” Revy continued, in an evil tone of voice, “We are planning on coming here almost every night.”

Bao flatly stated, “Hold it, Revy. I can't afford you, and the maids here, wrecking the bar regularly. I didn't tell anyone who I was, specifically to avoid this situation. Because I cannot afford your mayhem.”

Dutch stood up. She then walked up to the bartender, to where the two of them were across the counter from each other.

Dutch then pulled out from her green flack jacket, a large gold bar, and she set it on the counter, across from Bao. She casually stated, “I believe a few of these, every so often, will cover the bar tab, and any damages we may create while here.”

Bao looked down at the large gold bar on the bar counter in front of her. She quickly calmed down, as she looked back up at Dutch, as she cracked a grin. She calmly said, “With a regular payments like that. You can wreck by bar once a week. But, no more than once a week.”

Dutch returned Bao's smile, as she casually responded, “Glad to hear it.” She then turned, and walked back over to her seat. With her looking back at Bao, as she sat down.

With Dutch settled back in her seat, Bao requested, “Still, just don't hurt any of my other customers, nor myself.”

Revy stated, “Deal.”

Bao said, “Then, I think this is the start of a good relationship between all of us. Now, give me a few minutes to get your drinks ready.'

Bao saw the other women smile towards her, which held her relax some, as she did her job.

Bao turned around and began preparing everyone's drinks, as she reluctantly thought, 'Well, there goes my quiet life... It was nice while it lasted. Melanie is going to love hearing this. And I know what I am getting Pedro for Christmas. Antacid tablets. A years supply. At least. Because he is going to need them, with some many Roanapur badasses deciding to stay here.'

Bao soon filled her current customers' orders. With those in the room, including Bao, having a pleasant time, as they talked and drank.

To be continued.

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Comfortable low violent city

Paul, it looks like you have created a comfortable city along the lines of the famous Thailand city of violence, but with much less violence. Revy actually Dutch and her crew, the maids, Lotton and her lovers, all seemed to have taken it down a notch. They now have Melanie and Bao, two hot babes and great bartenders who won't put up with their antics and two good places to drink. Lee is caught and punished. They have no driving will to fight and tear things up (at least that they won't pay for) and all around things are smoother and friendlier. Lee has gotten around to almost everyone and spread good will. Things are going along the way to make room for Chang, River, and Lee to spread out their activities and expand. Can't wait to find out what they have in mind for expansion. More multiverse travels and discovery of more badasses. Great job Paul.