At Aunt Greta's 10 — Ordeal by Plonker

Printer-friendly version

At Aunt Greta’s–
Ordeal by Plonker

by Gabi

Chapter 10 of a Continuing Saga…

I was grabbed from behind, a hand being clapped over my mouth before I could even scream. I struggled to get free but it was no use.

‘Well, Chambers, I see it’s true that you’ve gone all potty. Hey, that’s funny–potty Chambers, or p’raps it should be Chamber potty!’ He gave out a guffaw of mocking laughter. I recognised the voice instantly as belonging to the bullying oaf, Quinn, and I burst into tears. ‘My mate, Kev Ball, ’phoned and told me you were pretending to be a girlie an’ ’ad got him grounded f’ra month, an’ ’e also said you were gonna to meet his stoopid sister at Angela Williamson’s house s’afternoon.’ Suddenly I became very aware that some other person–I presumed a boy–had put a hand up my skirt and his fingers were exploring my body through the thin cotton material of my knickers. Thank goodness I was wearing a sanitary pad––!

With tears streaming down my cheeks, I struggled to get free, lashing out with my feet, but making no contact. Quinn’s grip over my mouth was very tight and his hand could not have been very clean as it had a funny smell which made me feel slightly sick and wonder what he had been doing with it. With my free hand I tried to pull his hand away from my mouth. I was straining so hard that I felt a warm dampness between my legs so I knew I’d wet myself; I just hoped my pad would absorb most of it.

By turning my head I just managed to drag his hand down far enough be able to scream as loudly as I could and then sink my teeth into the fleshy bit by his thumb–it tasted yukky. He let out an unrepeatable oath and turned me round to face him. I thought he was going to hit me but I was now in a better position to retaliate and brought my knee up sharply into his groin. I must have scored a bull’s eye because he let out a cry of pain, another stream of unrepeatable curses and let go of me. Then I saw whose hands were groping under my skirt–Raymond Gunn, another of Quinn’s cronies–and there was another boy I didn’t know who now grabbed me in an arm lock. I tried to kick out at Ray, but the way the other boy was holding me prevented me from making contact in any useful way.

‘Just hold it tightly, Dick, and I’ll just pull its knickers down then you’ll see what a pervy little fairy it is. Ew, GROSS, it feels a bit damp down here, it must have pissed itself.’ I could feel him pulling my panties down.

My sharp hearing detected the sound of an almost silent motor bike coasting to a stop. Recognising the sound, I managed to snatch a glance and saw a big silver BMW ridden by a shadowy figure in black leathers with a spangly blue Bellstar helmet with the dark visor down. Auntie G–my Lady knight in shining armour–riding to the rescue of a damsel in distress.

My panties were half-way down to my knees when Ray swore, ‘Oh shit, shit, SHIT!’ He had obviously discovered the truth. ‘Ohmygod, OHMYGOD!’ he wailed. ‘Jeeezus! We’re in deeeepest doo doo; they’re gonna have our guts for garters.’

‘What’s wrong, Ray?’ asked Dick.

‘She’s a girl–a REAL, proper actual female girl!’

Quinn, who was still doubled over clutching his groin, said, ‘Whatya mean a real girl? You’re talking bollocks!’

‘She doesn’t have any; I mean she’s got a–you know, a pus–’ Ray stopped in mid word– ‘Ew, yukk, there’s blood in her knickers and I’ve got some on my hand.’

‘She’s got blood in her knickers?’ queried Dick. ‘Eeww! gross!’

‘So, he’s cut his cock off! Typical!’ exclaimed Quinn. ‘Look, I KNOW he’s a boy. He’s ALWAYS been a boy.’

‘Doh–you plonker!–I’m telling you, Ken, she’s a GIRL,’ reposted Ray. ‘Don’t you think I know what a girl looks like? I’ve got three sisters, Man, remember? An’ I’m telling you she’s all girl and it’s her time of the month.’

‘What d’you mean?’ asked the none-too-bright Quinn, ‘Her time of the month?’

‘Don’t you know anything? She’s having her period, dumbo!’

BMW_R1200R_01.jpg
Aunt Greta to the rescue!

‘But Kev told me––’ Quinn’s voice faded to nothing as he looked up and didn’t like what he saw–the black leather-clad figure looming over Raymond. Dick saw the figure too, yelped, let go of me and ran off down Letsbeigh Avenue past Angela’s house and out of sight.

Auntie grabbed Ray by the collar and hauled him to his feet. I was able to rescue my panties and pull them up again; they felt yucky and I felt sooo dirty. Auntie flipped up the visor of her helmet and, Ray’s jaw dropped, expecting to have been collared by a man. ‘Well, young man,’ said she, coldly. ‘Is this the way you usually behave towards young girls? You have assaulted and sexually molested my niece.’

‘K-K-K-Ken t-t-told me h-h-he was a b-b-b-boy,’ the unhappy Ray stammered.

‘Even if she was a boy that is no excuse for behaving the way you did. What’s your name?’ Auntie G demanded.

‘R-R-R-Raymond G-G-G-Gunn,’ he stammered.

‘And you, Kenneth Quinn, why are you doubled up down there clutching yourself as if you were in danger of wetting yourself?’

‘H-H-He–I mean SHE, that bitch kicked me in the bal––,’ he broke off in mid-word.

‘I’m not surprised; serves you right! I’d have kicked you in the balls too,’ my down-to-earth Auntie replied scathingly. ‘Three big, strong, brave boys against one poor defenceless little girl. What did you expect? That she’d lay down and submit to your every whim? I don't understand why some boys are so neanderthal! Girls are made of much sterner stuff these days, my lad. You deserved everything you got. By the way, Kenneth, your mother is on the way here; Kristal ’phoned me to say she had overheard her brother telephoning you and making plans to ambush my niece on the way to the Williamson’s. Kevin was prevented from joining you other big brave boys by Mrs Ball, who then ’phoned your mother to warn her of your disgusting plans. She should be here any moment to deal with you. Who was that boy who ran away?’

‘Dick–err, I mean Richard Head,’ replied Kenneth, meekly. ‘He lives next-door to me.’

In spite of my distress, I wanted to giggle and I could see Auntie’s eyebrows raise and the corners of her eyes crinkle through the opening of her crash helmet. She obviously thought that he had been well named, as did I.

‘Mrs Williamson’s coming up the road, Auntie,’ I said.

‘It wouldn’t surprise me if she had called the police,’ Auntie replied. ‘Although, I’m afraid it’s bound to be a rather horrid experience for you, Gabs, if you have to explain about what they did to you.’

‘Are you all right, Gaby?’ Mary Williamson asked. ‘What have these beasts done to you?’

‘This disgusting object,’ Auntie shook Raymond, ‘had his hand in her knickers when I pulled him away from her. I wanted to comfort her but I didn’t want this molester to get away.’

‘The police are on their way,’ Mrs Williamson informed us. ‘What’s the matter with the other one? Did Gaby kick him in a painful place?’

‘Yes,’ I replied. ‘I couldn’t think of anything else to do after I bit his hand.’

‘Well done, girl, I did the same to a boy called Tony when I was your age. He never touched me again, neither did any of Tony’s cronies,’ Mrs Williamson told me, taking a firm hold of the struggling Raymond so Auntie could help me. She took off her crash helmet, gave me a hug and I burst into tears again.

A panda car* drew up a couple of minutes later and a policeman and a police woman got out.

Panda_car.jpg
A Typical Present Day Panda Car

‘Which of you is Mrs Williamson?’ asked the policewoman.

‘I am,’ replied Angela’s mam. ‘And you are?’

‘WPC Kate O’Connell,’ came the reply. ‘And this is PC Dick Crane.’

‘I am Miss Chambers,’ Auntie said, ‘and this is my niece, Gabrielle, who has been molested by these two boys and one other–who ran away.’

“I recognise you, Miss Chambers,’ PC Crane said. ‘I can’t think of any other ladies who ride a BMW R1200R around here. It’s a nice bike. There’s another panda car on the way.’

WPC O’Connell crouched down beside me. ‘Are you okay, Gabrielle honey? Would you like to tell me what happened?’

‘Can I do it somewhere else? I was going to see my friends at number 69, where Mrs Williamson and my friend Angela lives. Could we go there?’

‘We’d need to ask Mrs Williamson,’ replied Kate O’Connell. ‘Would that be all right with you, Madam?’

‘You’d be most welcome, and the little girl who warned us of the intentions of these boys revolting is there too.’

‘That’s fine,’ said WPC O’Connell. ‘If you'd like to take Gabrielle with you, my colleague and I’–she nodded towards PC Crane–‘will wait for the other car to arrive to take care of these boys. Then I'll come you your house to talk to Gabrielle. Number sixty-nine, isn't it?’

* * *

Mrs Williamson held my hand as she walked me to her house while Auntie stayed with the police to give them an account of what she had seen; she said she would follow us very soon. We reached the house and Mrs Williamson was opening the front door when WPC O’Connell arrived.

As soon as we were inside the house, Angela and Kristal rushed to me and we all hugged. I burst into tears again and I realised how girls helped and supported each other so much more than boys did.

‘I must go to the loo, and change my knickers and my pad,’ I said, before they could ask me anything. I opened my shoulder bag and took out the spare pants Auntie said I should keep in it and a clean pad.

Kate O’Connell, looking concerned asked me, ‘Are you on, Gaby?’

‘Yes,’ I replied quietly and nodding. ‘It’s my first time.’

‘Go upstairs and do what you need, hon,’ she told me, giving me a hug.

‘Use the downstairs one, Gabs,’ said Angela. ‘There’s a shower in there if you’d like one. I’ll just check there’s a clean towel for you.’

‘Thanks, Angie,’ I replied. ‘I’d love a shower, I feel sooooo dirty. Would that be all right, Miss,’I added looking at the police woman

‘I’m sure you do, Gaby,’ said WPC Kate. ‘There’s no need to hurry, would you like one of your friends to help you?’

‘Could you help me, please, Angie?’

‘’Course I will,’ she replied. ‘I’ll just get a big towel for you.’ She ran upstairs and was back before I could count to ten. ‘I’ve brought you a shower cap so you don’t get your hair wet,’ she told me.

‘Thanks,’ I said and she led me to their smart downstairs shower room.

‘What happened?’ Angela asked as she closed the door behind us. ‘Are you okay, Gabs?’

N-n-n-not really,’ I sobbed. ‘He p-p-put his h-h-hand up my sk-sk-sk-skirt and p-p-p-pulled my p-p-p-pants down.’

‘Kenneth Quinn did that to you? And while you’re on too?’ said my friend, looking horrified. ‘What a total bum-hole!’

‘N-n-n-no, n-n-not Quinn, R-R-Ray G-G-G-Gunn! Look, I’d rather tell you and Kristal at the same time.’

‘Okay, Gabs, I can wait. If you want a wee, the loo’s through that door,’ she said, pointing.

‘Thanks, Angie.’ I replied.

* * *

Angela had brought a bottle of lavender-scented shower gel for me to use; it was sooo refreshing and I love the smell of lavender. I felt much better after my shower; while I was enjoying the relaxing spray of warm water on my body, Angela told me that she had heard Auntie Greta arrive.

I felt so much better when we exited the shower-room. Angela had been so kind and I was surprised that I wasn’t at all shy of being naked in front of her. We found everyone was in the sitting room drinking tea and nibbling Chocolate HobNobs.

‘There you are, girls,’ said Mrs Williamson. ‘Do you feel better, Gaby pet?’

‘Much better, thank you, Mrs Williamson,’ I replied.

‘There’s a cup of tea for you both, and I’m told that Chocolate HobNobs are your favourite biscuits, Gaby.’

‘Mmmmmm,’ I replied. ‘My absolute faves.’

‘Well sit you down with Kristal, as she’s dying to hear all about what those boys did to you. and I’ll pour your teas.’

‘When you’ve finished your tea, Gaby,’ said WPC O’Connell, ‘I’ll have to ask you some questions about what happened to you this afternoon. I hope it won’t upset you too much.’

‘That’ll be all right, Miss. I think I’ll manage.’

‘Good girl.’ She smiled at me. ‘And please call me Kate if you’d like to.’

‘Thank you, Kate,’ I replied. ‘Where’s PC Crane?’

‘He went back to the station with the two boys and the other panda car.’

‘I hope they don’t get into too much trouble,’ I said. ‘Apart from scaring me, they didn’t really do anything to me–’

‘–Isn’t that bad enough? And they pulled your panties down, didn’t they?’ Kate O’Connell said.

‘Yes, but apart from that they didn’t touch anything down there.’

‘I believe that still counts as an indecent assault,’ said Mrs Williamson. ‘That’s a serious matter. I’ve ’phoned your mummy and she will be here soon. She’s just waiting for someone to baby-sit Tim.’

‘But Timmy’s not a baby! He’s my big brother.’

‘I know, darling, but he’s ill and needs someone there.’

‘Yeah, I s’pose.’ I admitted.

Angie and I went and sat with Kristal, who hugged me and asked, ‘How are you feeling now, Gaby?’

‘Much better, thanks.’

‘Is it okay to tell us what happened, now?’ Angela asked.

‘Yeah, okay. There I was walking along the road, minding my own business, when after passing the alleyway on the left I was grabbed from behind…’

‘I’m glad Mummy made Kevin stay in the house,’ Kristal said. ‘She locked him in his room, and he can’t escape through the window.’

‘Was there anyone else?’ Angela asked.

‘R-Richard H-Head,’ I replied. ‘He ran away when Auntie Greta arrived on her motorbike.’

Oh, Dickhead!’ exclaimed Kristal, scornfully. ‘Typical. What about Quinn, did he run away too?’

‘Nah, he couldn’t. He was too busy clutching himself where I kneed him in the you-know-whats. He didn’t even notice Auntie arriving on her BMW.’

‘Oh WOW, Gabs!’ squealed Angela giving me an extra tight hug, ‘You mean you got ’im in the family jewels did you? Well done, girl. Serve ’im right.’

‘What, in the goolies?’ whispered Kristal looking startled. ‘How did you know to do that?’

‘Timmy told me it was the best way to counter-attack a boy.’

‘Timmy? Your big brother?’

‘Yep,’ I replied. ‘He was right, too. I didn’t want to do it, but he was hurting me and I didn’t know what else to do. Can we talk about something else?

‘Sure,’ said Kristal. ‘I’ve been longing to tell you this; I saw Emma Wood this morning and she’s got herself a B.F.’

‘A BOYfriend?’ exclaimed Angela. ‘Who?’

‘Andy Royde.’

‘The Android?’ I squealed.

‘Yep,’ replied Kristal. ‘The Android, our tame geek.’

‘Ohmygod,’ Angela exclaimed, ‘if she married him she’d be Emma Royde; eeww, Gross!’

‘So?’ I asked.

‘You know, Gabs,’ hissed Angela.

‘No, I don’t think so.’

‘Oh, Gabs!’ She put her mouth by my ear and whispered.

‘Really?’ I said and exploded into giggles, which set off Kristal and Angela which made the three adults break off their conversation and look at us just as the front door bell rang.

‘That’ll be your mummy,’ Mrs Williamson said and went to let her in.

‘What’s the joke?’ asked Auntie G and we just giggled all the more.

‘Oh, err–nothing,’ I said, feeling myself blush. ‘Just a silly joke.’

The door opened and Mummy came in. She came straight to me and gave me a bear hug. I hugged her back and started to cry again. ‘Are you all right, Gaby darling? They didn’t hurt you did they?’

‘Only a little,’ I admitted. ‘I think I hurt Kenneth Quinn more than he hurt me when I kneed him in the err–goolies to make him let go of me. The other two boys held me too tight after that.’

‘My poor darling,’ Mummy said, hugging me again. ‘Come and sit by me while I have a cuppa and then we’ll talk to the constable here.’

‘If we’ve finished tea,’ Auntie told me, ‘WPC O’Connell will need to get back to the station, but before she does she has to ask you some questions about what happened earlier.’

‘Why don’t you go into the dining room,’ suggested Mrs Williamson. ‘It will be easier to write things down if you are sitting at a table.’

In the dining room I sat on a chair next to Mummy with Auntie G and Kate O’Connell sat opposite us. WPC Kate said that just after I had left the scene with Angela’s mum, a very angry Mrs Quinn had arrived in her car, only seconds before the second panda car came to take the two boys to the Police Station. She was very concerned that I was on my period and hoped I was feeling able to answer her questions. I said that I was okay and told them what had happened when I was ambushed by the three boys.

She asked me to tell the whole story from the beginning, taking it down as a statement from me which both Mummy and Auntie checked over.

‘Thank you, Gaby,’ Constable Kate said. ‘You’ve been a very brave girl. I know you think it was partly your fault for pretending to be a boy until recently, but they had no excuse to molest you the way they did.’

‘They must be taught that such behaviour is totally unacceptable,’ Auntie said.

‘I totally agree,’ Mummy said.

‘It’s not the first time those boys have been in trouble with us,’ WPC Kate said. ‘You have been very helpful, Gaby; I hope it hasn’t been too hard for you to talk about it. Thank you again.’

‘ ’T’s’okay,’ I replied.

‘Good girl,’ she said, giving me a hug and then she left.

‘Are you all right, sweetie,’ Mummy asked when Kate had gone.

‘Yeah,’ I replied and gave her a hug.

‘Good girl.’

After the nice policewoman had gone, Angela suggested we go up to her room, but only if I felt like it.

‘I’d love to,’ I replied. ‘It’ll help take my mind off horrid things.’

‘Poor Gabs,’ Kristal said. ‘Boys can be soooo beastly.’

‘Come on, you two,’ Angela told us. ‘Follow me.’

* * *

I thought Angela’s room was really nice. It was quite big, a bit bigger than my room at Auntie G’s, and about twice the size of the room that I would have to move into at home following my sex change–I had shared a room with Timmy up to now.

Angela’s room was light and airy with a large window overlooking the back garden. The walls were painted a very pale pink (I think it’s called Magnolia or something and she had a fine selection of posters ranging from the England netball team at the recent Commonwealth Games to the Spice Girls and various other pop stars. Her bed had a pink counterpane and a huge teddy bear reclined with his head on the pillow. The top of her chest of drawers was crowded with dozens of Barbies.

‘Ooh, Barbies!’ I squealed.

‘Yeah, I’ve been collecting them for yoinks,’ she said. I s’pose I’m really a bit old for them–some of my friends reckon it’s unkewl–but I really do like them.’

‘So do I,’ agreed Kristal, ‘but I haven’t got as many as you. Do you have any, Gabs?’

‘No,’ I replied. ‘I’ve been pretending to be a boy all my life, and now I don’t really know why, ’cept that I musta been feeble starkers bonkers.’

‘Well, you said it,’ giggled Angela. ‘If we’d known about you we’d have told you being a girl is so much better, wouldn’t we, Kristal.’

‘I only did it coz I wanted to be like by big brother,’ I said.

‘Yeah, Tim’s nice; sensible too,’ remarked Kristal. ‘Sooo different from that great ugly plonker of a big brother I have.’

‘ ’T’s a pity more boys aren’t like Tim,’ said Angela. ‘Now, Gabs, no girl should be without a few Barbies, even if you’re a bit old to start playing with them. I’ve several spare ones that Mummy has been pestering me to get rid of for absolute ages, so I’ll donate them to the new Gaby-Barbie Fund!’

‘I’ve got spares too,’ admitted Kristal, ‘so I can contribute as well.’

‘I dunno what to say,’ was all I could think of at the time. I gazed at the Barbie-crowd on top of her chest of drawers. ‘Is one of them pregnant?’ I asked, seeing one with a large bump in front.

‘Yeah,’ said Kristal, ‘it is. I heard it caused a bit of a stink in America when she first came out and they stopped making her. I’m glad Mummy was able to get me one before they stopped.’

‘There’s a tiny wee baby in her tummy,’ explained Angela, ‘which you can take out and then she doesn’t look preggy any more. Look!’ She reached for the doll and showed her to me. She raised the fashionable denim dress to show the plastic pregnancy. ‘The bump’s held on with magnets and the baby’s inside.’ She detached the bump and Barbie looked normal. Then she took the tiny baby from the bump and passed it to me.

‘Oh, isn’t it sweeeeet,’ I squeaked.

* * *

We played with Angela’s Barbies until Mummy called upstairs to say it was time to go home. Carrying a plastic carrier bag containing my new Barbie collection (there were nine of them–including a preggy one–sooooo kewl) and some spare clothes for them. I thanked Angela and her mam for having me, and went out to Mummy’s car where I discovered we were giving Kristal a lift home.

‘What’s in the carrier, sweetheart?’ Mummy asked.

‘Angela’s given me some of her spare Barbies.’

‘Should you have accepted them, hon?’ Mummy queried.

‘They are duplicates that Angie’s mam said she should get rid of, Mrs Chambers,’ Kristal replied for me. ‘I’ve got some for Gabs too. We both told her that she should have a few Barbies to decorate her bedroom–like most girls do. We also thought that after her horrid ordeal by plonker’ she needed something to take her mind off it and cheer her up.’

‘Well, I think that’s really thoughtful of you both, Kristal.’

‘Yes, it is,’ I agreed.

‘Can you wait for five minutes while I pop in and find the Barbies I have for Gabs, Mrs Chambers?’ Kristal asked.

‘Yes, dear, of course I will. Why don’t you go in with her, sweetie?’

‘Will Kevin be there?’ I asked Kristal.

‘Oh, yeah, but he won’t dare say anything to you after what Dad said to him.’

‘I think I’d rather wait in the car after what happened this afternoon,’ I replied. ‘I don’t think I could face a boy at the moment.’

Kristal hurried into the house and returned about four minutes later with another carrier. ‘Here y’are, Gabs. A small donation to your c’lection.’

‘Thanks, Kris,’ I replied. ‘See ya soon–at school if not before.’

‘’Kay!’ she replied and we drove off to Auntie Greta’s.

* * *

As soon as I was in the house, Auntie G called, ‘Is that you, Gaby?’

‘Yes, Auntie,’ I replied.

‘Well there’s a surprise for you tomorrow. Miss Morgan phoned and she wants you to be a friend to a new girl who’s starting school the day after tomorrow. She’s the same age as you, an American and she’s over here for a few years as her parents are working here now. She sounds really nice.

‘D’you know her name?’ I asked.

‘Yes. She’s called Farah Way and she comes from Boston.’

* Panda Car: A small or medium-sized police car operated by British police forces. They are used for ordinary patrol work, often replacing the “Bobby on the beat”, and thought by many in Britain to have contributed to the increase in street crime in the UK. The friendly Bobby on the beat, was a great visible deterrent to opportunist criminals.


 © 2008 Gabi Bunton All rights reserved

To be continued…

Thanks are due to Bonzi’s Mum who kindly found time to proof read this while on holiday in the North.
Any mistakes remaining are the entire responsibility of the author.

All Slings and Arrows (comments) gratefully suffered


(With apologies to W Shakespeare Esquire.)

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This Chapter Reminded Me Of The Time When Em Was Assaulted

In Rhod's Trip To America. I am glad that those freaks got in trouble, but Gabs will have a few nightmares now.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Farah Way from Boston?

She sure is if she's going to attend school in England! (giggle, giggle) Gabi, I love your wonderfully inventive names and I couldn't help giggling about the policeman called Dick Crane. I really hope he doesn't need one. I'm longing to find out who you'll have next.

A chapter with serious content too, very pertinent to transgendered kids, even though I suppose as far as this story is concerned, Gaby is not really transgendered having miraculously changed during time travel. Would it were so easy. It would make life so much easier for me and my daughter.

Thanks for this, I know T will enjoy it in spite of the serious bit.

Hugs,

Hilary

Nice One

joannebarbarella's picture

I loved Ray Gunn's horror when he got the surprise of his life in Gaby's pants. I just bet Farah has a boyfriend named Orson Carter,
Hugs,
Joanne

Joanne, how COULD you?

Orson Carter! Eeeeewwwww, Gross! as young Gaby might say. I think you're worse than me. I did think a boy from Oz called Percy Pointer might be rather fun! And I've a few more up my sleeve.

Hugs,
Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Grappling with reality

Yes, it was well done, the way the boys had to grapple with the reality of the situation. And I LOVED Aunt Greta arriving on her charger, saving the day.

But what is the joke about Orson Carter? Sorry if I'm a bit thick.

Kaleigh

read it slowly

Angharad's picture

Try horse an' cart-er.

hugs,

Angharad

Angharad

Sorry, Kaleigh

joannebarbarella's picture

If I told you I'd have to kill you, and also it wouldn't be funny,
Hugs,
Joanne

Great episode Gabi!

Great episode Gabi! What a relief that Gaby is safe and relatively unharmed after her ordeal. I hope the police take some serious action over those terrible boys. It's also good to see that Gaby's new friends are so supportive.

Right, now I'm going to read it all again to make sure I've not missed any of the brilliant names!

Farah Way!!!

Come on Gaby, that's more cheesy than wensleydale!

Nice chapter and you dealt with the assault with sensitivity.

I look forward to seeing the next thrilling chapter soon, (no pressure).

Hugs
Sue

So how did the "Panda cars"

So how did the "Panda cars" get that name? Were they black and white at one time? I do remember the "beat" Bobbies and also seeing many of them riding bicycles especially in the smaller villages near where we lived, when I lived in England waaaay back in the 1950's. Gaby is indeed fortunate to have very good and wonderful friends, plus her Auntie looking out for her. J-Lynn

Panda Cars

Here is an early Panda car from the 1960s which will show what they originally looked like

AngliaPandaCar.jpg

I think the name arose originally because the cars had white doors (they were all 2-door cars like a Morris Minor, Ford Anglia, etc.) with the rest of the car painted blue. Not particularly panda-like colours but I suppose that because they looked a bit strange (like someone had fitted the doors off a different car) some bright spark dubbed them Panda Cars.

Not a very good answer, J-Lynn, but maybe someone else has chapter and verse.

Hugs,
Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

wee wee versus tinkle

I have a girl friend named Pam, and she corrected me when I said I had to go wee wee, she said girls go tinkle!
‘Okay, Gabs, I can wait. If you want a wee, the loo’s through that door,’ she said, pointing.

Wee-wee and Weeezy-annas

In our family we always talked about Wee-wee, except my grandmother who called it weezy-annas; "Do you want to go weezy-annas, precious?" she used to say before we left the house.

I only discovered "tinkle" while staying with friends in Bavaria. Apparently it's quite common in Germany.

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Surely Emma Royde

Surely Emma Royde is PILING it on a bit thick? :-D

Nice play on words, Gabi.

Hilary